PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Tobias Harris, Boban to the 76ers

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:16 AM

Wow. 4 picks and Landry Shamet

Preparing for Kawhi but If the logo swoops in for AD:wow

apalisoc_9
02-06-2019, 04:18 AM
Getting rid of a good SF in harris means they're confident in aquiring Leonard. It also means they're stockpiling picks to find a second guy. Maybe AD?

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:23 AM
Getting rid of a good SF in harris means they're confident in aquiring Leonard. It also means they're stockpiling picks to find a second guy. Maybe AD?
Jerry had to get some intel on a player or two in the summer or even before the deadline.

Clips were really high on Tobi and were set to max him out this summer, should they get only 1 max level guy. He was their Plan B but they loved him.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:24 AM
Clippers have one of league's most coveted picks -- 2021 Miami 1st -- along with 2020 1st -- to become players in marketplace when star talents want trades to get to LA.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2019, 04:26 AM
Kawhi and Davis:wow

OP might have to switch sides for real:lol

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:26 AM
Kawhi and Davis:wow

OP might have to switch sides for real:lol
:lmao

apalisoc_9
02-06-2019, 04:28 AM
Wonder whonisnthe bigger diva between davis and kawhi. I think Leonard is at 28ppg right now and davis 30. Someone is.going to give up touches

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:30 AM
Wonder whonisnthe bigger diva between davis and kawhi. I think Leonard is at 28ppg right now and davis 30. Someone is.going to give up touches

I’ve never followed Davis or Kiwi, so not sure. Kiwi seems to be a 1st option type of giy, IDRK lol.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 04:31 AM
Shai
Montrezl Harrell
A Bradley
Gortat

4 picks (2021 Unprotected Miami) is a killer package.

apalisoc_9
02-06-2019, 04:35 AM
I’ve never followed Davis or Kiwi, so not sure. Kiwi seems to be a 1st option type of giy, IDRK lol.

I think davis scoring is going to struggle the most since leonard is a scorer so you bet hes never passing that ball unless he needs to.

Mesnwhile davis is a big.

Rusty
02-06-2019, 04:46 AM
Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers:wow.......:toast

anon
02-06-2019, 04:57 AM
Kyrie Irving and Kawhi Leonard to the Clippers:wow.......:toast
Or Davis and Butler. Any two of the four. But Brooklyn and Knicks will also be bidding.

anon
02-06-2019, 05:00 AM
The arms race back in the east is the hottest it has ever been.

Conley, Holiday
Moore
Aaron Gordon
Randle
Vucevic, M.Gasol, Mirotic

These are the names Ujiri, Ainge and the Bucks FO are taking a hard look at right now.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 06:26 AM
I think davis scoring is going to struggle the most since leonard is a scorer so you bet hes never passing that ball unless he needs to.

Mesnwhile davis is a big.
History is about to repeat itself.

Lakers/Pelicans trade stall
Clippers ends up making moves with the Pelicans

Bruh...:wow

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 07:13 AM

Gut feeling they may be moving Jimmy at the deadline.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 08:08 AM
Good move for both teams but, I dont think heat pick will be as valuable as everyone thinks. Riley wont let his team sink enough for it to be all that vauable. mark my words.
But still a good trade for both sides.

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 08:24 AM
So happy for Boban to get out of that toxic situation in LA tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 08:31 AM
As much as it sucks to lose Tobias and especially Boban, you'd have to be stupid to say no to this deal if you're the Clippers. West got a ridiculous haul of picks and cap relief for a non-All-Star.

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2019, 08:35 AM
so who plays defense on t he 76s? lol that team

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Remember: Boban and Harris are best friends tbh.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 09:35 AM
I have a feeling this won't be the last Clippers trade, tbh. I think a Gallo trade is coming next. Maybe Lou gets traded to a contender? With Tobias gone, we're clearly sellers right now.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 09:49 AM
As much as it sucks to lose Tobias and especially Boban, you'd have to be stupid to say no to this deal if you're the Clippers. West got a ridiculous haul of picks and cap relief for a non-All-Star.

wasnt west. Lawrence frank used his conenction to Brand to get the deal done.
I know lawrence frank isnt as sexy a name.
but west hasnt been making any deals since Memphis.

stop with the bullshit propoganda.
I shouldnt know your team's working better than you, CN.

Play Boban
02-06-2019, 09:53 AM
I have a feeling this won't be the last Clippers trade, tbh. I think a Gallo trade is coming next. Maybe Lou gets traded to a contender? With Tobias gone, we're clearly sellers right now.

Gallo to Spurs mmm.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 10:02 AM
wasnt west. Lawrence frank used his conenction to Brand to get the deal done.
I know lawrence frank isnt as sexy a name.
but west hasnt been making any deals since Memphis.

stop with the bullshit propoganda.
I shouldnt know your team's working better than you, CN.
I know you're salty about the Lakers telling West they didn't need him and hiring M:lolgic as their GM instead, but let's be real here. The Clippers never made savvy moves like these until West arrived. That's not a coincidence.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 10:24 AM
I know you're salty about the Lakers telling West they didn't need him and hiring M:lolgic as their GM instead, but let's be real here. The Clippers never made savvy moves like these until West arrived. That's not a coincidence.

Frank was also added arond the time they made "savvy" moves.
Not saying west does not have input.
Just reporting the facts.

he had "input" but didnt call shots in state ...

Pretty sure you want 70 year olds running modern Nba franchises.

BTW, i love Jerry west.
Phil should have never disrespected him.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 10:46 AM
Frank was also added arond the time they made "savvy" moves.
Not saying west does not have input.
Just reporting the facts.

he had "input" but didnt call shots in state ...

Pretty sure you want 70 year olds running modern Nba franchises.

BTW, i love Jerry west.
Phil should have never disrespected him.
West absolutely called the shots with State. He's the reason they drafted Klay, didn't trade Klay for Kevin Love, and he's the one who sealed the deal with Durbeta.

It's the same thing here. He's technically an advisor, but we all know what the deal is. That being said, the rest of the front office is full of competent people now, and they're all getting to learn from one of the greatest executives in sports history.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 11:00 AM
West absolutely called the shots with State. He's the reason they drafted Klay, didn't trade Klay for Kevin Love, and he's the one who sealed the deal with Durbeta.

It's the same thing here. He's technically an advisor, but we all know what the deal is. That being said, the rest of the front office is full of competent people now, and they're all getting to learn from one of the greatest executives in sports history.

I agree he is a sounding board but you are exagerrating his recent contriobutions.
Memphis was his last job calling shots. and grizz were good, not great.
I absolutely wanted him back with Lakers in that role, but apparently we were happy with just his son.

Arcadian
02-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Tobi and Bobi!

It's like someone thought, "Their nicknames rhyme...package them together. They can't be separated."

Laker_1995
02-06-2019, 12:16 PM
Jerry west so smooth. Dude is a silent dealer unlike magic who fucking goes on talk shows saying we’re getting a superstar. This is why other teams actually listen to or wanna talk to West. It’s not even about teams hating the lakers. If we had west I guarantee more teams would actually consider dealing but since magic runs his mouth so fuckimg much they tell us to go fuck ourselves.

Will Hunting
02-06-2019, 12:17 PM
Jerry west so smooth. Dude is a silent dealer unlike magic who fucking goes on talk shows saying we’re getting a superstar. This is why other teams actually listen to or wanna talk to West. It’s not even about teams hating the lakers. If we had west I guarantee more teams would actually consider dealing but since magic runs his mouth so fuckimg much they tell us to go fuck ourselves.
West also wouldn’t listen to a loudmouth dad telling West to take his son 2nd overall :lol

Laker_1995
02-06-2019, 12:19 PM
Also clippers are in amazing position for 2 max if they deal Gallo or even an AD trade. I personally believe kawahi is going as I called it months ago. Solid young players along with role players who know their roles is a perfect setup for stars to come. Plus La weather without the pressure.

Shit west about to make me switch LMAO!!!! HUGE JK

Laker_1995
02-06-2019, 12:20 PM
West also wouldn’t listen to a loudmouth dad telling West to take his son 2nd overall :lol

oh definitely he would have took Tatum or Mitch. West knows his shit

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 12:57 PM
West also wouldn't have drafted a parade of busts with all those lottery picks, so the Lakers would have had desirable trade assets that other teams actually wanted.

Anyone who saw Magic's tweets or the shit he used to say on ESPN knew he was going to be a terrible GM, but this is legendarily awful.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 01:02 PM

False. Not a true portrait killing magic is fine but painting West as the savior for ish he didn't do is the same false narrative that Rangers struggled with when Nolan Ryan was part of their executive team.
Again not saying West wasn't involved. And isn't a asset he absolutely is. Just stop the hyperbole.

Will Hunting
02-06-2019, 01:10 PM
West also wouldn't have drafted a parade of busts with all those lottery picks, so the Lakers would have had desirable trade assets that other teams actually wanted.

Anyone who saw Magic's tweets or the shit he used to say on ESPN knew he was going to be a terrible GM, but this is legendarily awful.
My favorite Magic as an announcer quote was after the 2011 finals

”Magic, what did Dirk prove this year?”

”He proved that he’s a champion.”

By winning a championship he proved that he’s a champion. Brilliant take Magic!

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 01:14 PM
My favorite Magic as an announcer quote was after the 2011 finals

”Magic, what did Dirk prove this year?”

”He proved that he’s a champion.”

By winning a championship he proved that he’s a champion. Brilliant take Magic!
:lol Imagine hiring Spurtacular as your GM:

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2019, 01:16 PM
To be fair, I read that Jennie Buss( :lol women in sports) wanted Lonzo more than gay-ass Magic did..

How does Jeannie Buss get a pass while her brother is viewed as a pariah? They haven't gotten any better since he stepped down:lol

Will Hunting
02-06-2019, 01:23 PM
To be fair, I read that Jennie Buss( :lol women in sports) wanted Lonzo more than gay-ass Magic did..
Jeannie Buss is the Ivanka Trump of basketball :lol, she’s not very smart but has the reputation of being smart just because her brother is a bumbling drooling retard who makes anyone he’s standing next to seem smart.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 01:25 PM
:lol Weren't the #StayD12 billboards her idea?

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2019, 01:25 PM
At least Jerry Buss wasn't around to watch his kids fail at running the family business..he also missed the historically bad last years of Kobe..died at the right time:lol

spurraider21
02-06-2019, 01:29 PM
Jeannie Buss is the Ivanka Trump of basketball :lol, she’s not very smart but has the reputation of being smart just because her brother is a bumbling drooling retard who makes anyone he’s standing next to seem smart.
:lmao

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 01:35 PM

How does Jeannie Buss get a pass while her brother is viewed as a pariah? They haven't gotten any better since he stepped down:lol

but they got Bron ...

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Damn, sad but worried that's true ...

02-06-2019, 01:38 PM
but they got Bron ...
Not really, he just fell on their lap :lol

Clipper Nation
02-06-2019, 01:41 PM
but they got Bron ...
:lol "They" didn't do shit. LeBron just decided to pull a Kobe and use the Lakers for his retirement tour. It's obvious now that this would have happened even if Fredo was still in charge.

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 01:48 PM
:lol "They" didn't do shit. LeBron just decided to pull a Kobe and use the Lakers for his retirement tour. It's obvious now that this would have happened even if Fredo was still in charge.
Never bought into it being a retirement move. He was a global icon in Cleveland, there’s no benefit to be had in playing for a poorly ran franchise like the Lakers.

The fact that he and Rich Paul are pulling hard to get AD, is all you the indication you need that he wants another title before he hangs itnup.

spurraider21
02-06-2019, 01:52 PM
Never bought into it being a retirement move. He was a global icon in Cleveland, there’s no benefit to be had in playing for a poorly ran franchise like the Lakers.

The fact that he and Rich Paul are pulling hard to get AD, is all you the indication you need that he wants another title before he hangs itnup.
:lmao thinking there's no benefit to living in LA as opposed to cleveland for someone looking to be a business mogul

StrengthAndHonor
02-06-2019, 01:55 PM
:lmao thinking there's no benefit to living in LA as opposed to cleveland for someone looking to be a business mogul
Nope there isn’t. The big market theory has been debunked. 90’s basketball logic theory :lmao

Sit this one out.

Will Hunting
02-06-2019, 02:20 PM
It’s all about appearance imo. Regardless of the fact she hasn’t accomplished anything, she presents herself as a professional businesswoman who knows what she’s doing. Phil’s positive reputation has also definitely rubbed off on her.

Meanwhile Jim Buss suffers from a bad case of resting Down Syndrome face and has the demeanor of a goofy rich kid who’s never had to be serious about anything. The douchebag long hair and the unkept facial hair only makes it worse.

Would anyone actually look at this guy and think he’ll ever be the brains behind a championship team?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/489219312893181952/Wh_lsv_3_400x400.jpeg

Spurtacular
02-06-2019, 06:49 PM
:lol Imagine hiring Spurtacular (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49615) as your GM:

He was right on that point; not much else.

Mr. Body
02-06-2019, 06:55 PM

I don't think this is remotely true. Magic absolutely wanted Lonzo.

Spurtacular
02-06-2019, 07:02 PM

He did. And Magic didn't have the temerity to trade down in the 16 or 17 draft when there was no truly great option for a pick commensurate to top three. If he did, he might have ended up with Luca or that kid in Phoenix.

ambchang
02-06-2019, 07:09 PM
The funniest thing of all this is how Jeanie buss actually chased away the logo just so that she can keep her boy toy, who subsequently became a fat walrus and still dumbed her

Dr buss still pulled the best move though, he decided to die instead of watching this train wreck.

baseline bum
02-06-2019, 07:15 PM
The funniest thing of all this is how Jeanie buss actually chased away the logo just so that she can keep her boy toy, who subsequently became a fat walrus and still dumbed her

Dr buss still pulled the best move though, he decided to die instead of watching this train wreck.

Meh I think Jackson was right in that beef. Jerry West was absolutely insisting the Lakers had to keep Glen Rice and Jackson didn't want to play that no defense fat pos.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 07:58 PM

Magic said he hated Lonzo team workout
FOX KILLED his.
That is why Magic and Rob went to Chino Hills
Fox did so well he told fans locally we were gonna draft him and that's why he try to bust Lonzo ass every time they play. All this is documented.

Killakobe81
02-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Meh I think Jackson was right in that beef. Jerry West was absolutely insisting the Lakers had to keep Glen Rice and Jackson didn't want to play that no defense fat pos.

Straw was Phil kicking Jerry West out of his locker room in front of the team... Dude should have pulled him aside. But Phil is an asshole and wanted to win a dick measuring contest.

Mr. Body
02-06-2019, 08:01 PM
Magic said he hated Lonzo team workout
FOX KILLED his.
That is why Magic and Rob went to Chino Hills
Fox did so well he told fans locally we were gonna draft him and that's why he try to bust Lonzo ass every time they play. All this is documented.

Yeah, and Magic told Lonzo not to break all his records. :lol

DAF86
02-06-2019, 09:33 PM
so who plays defense on t he 76s? lol that team

Simmons, Butler and Embiid are all good defenders, tbh.

DAF86
02-06-2019, 09:36 PM
Lebron signing a sigh of relief for this season though. Clippers with this move just got significantly worse and chances are they drop out of the playoffs race.

Chucho
02-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Lakers fans soooooo salty right now. This was a Jerry West move and KK81 trying to downplay his smooth-operatorship. :lol

Lakers gonna give Goat Jr. his first true losing season. :lol

Sixers sent out TWO hauls for TWO stars. Lakers could barely manage a trade for an unknown scrub whose name their dipshit fans wont pronounce until they hear the commentators call it. :lol

LeBron at the end of the bench. All alone. :lol

The stench of Brick McRapey still crippling a washed up franchise :lol

Clips going to grab a better free agent haul :lol

Not getting shit @ the deadline :lol

Acting like getting pre TOSB King was a coup like 2011 :lol

Killakobe81
02-07-2019, 08:01 AM
Lakers fans soooooo salty right now. This was a Jerry West move and KK81 trying to downplay his smooth-operatorship. :lol

Lakers gonna give Goat Jr. his first true losing season. :lol

Sixers sent out TWO hauls for TWO stars. Lakers could barely manage a trade for an unknown scrub whose name their dipshit fans wont pronounce until they hear the commentators call it. :lol

LeBron at the end of the bench. All alone. :lol

The stench of Brick McRapey still crippling a washed up franchise :lol

Clips going to grab a better free agent haul :lol

Not getting shit @ the deadline :lol

Acting like getting pre TOSB King was a coup like 2011 :lol

Im just speaking facts.
I am connected to La scene I have few "sauces" ...
You guys wanna praise West for everything go ahead I spoke the truth yall can ignore it ...

BTW. Lebron and Klutch had a hand in their own demise so I dont feel "sorry for him, or give two shits about his legacy" he misses the playoffs big freaking deal ...

Im more worried about Name on the front than name on the back.
Maginka better have a hell of a plan B.

Chucho
02-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Im just speaking facts.
I am connected to La scene I have few "sauces" ...
You guys wanna praise West for everything go ahead I spoke the truth yall can ignore it ...

BTW. Lebron and Klutch had a hand in their own demise so I dont feel "sorry for him, or give two shits about his legacy" he misses the playoffs big freaking deal ...

Im more worried about Name on the front than name on the back.
Maginka better have a hell of a plan B.

LOL, you're not fooling anyone. You're not "connected" with anyone. There's no Plan B, pal.

You're team is trash as is the reputation of the franchise. A pre TOSB Goat Jr. is the post-Kobe FA high point roster addition. It is what it is.