PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

Collins21
02-06-2019, 08:52 PM
Look if the Sours don't want to do a dumb deal for someone that won't make the team better fine. However what I can't understand is why won't they just do the simple thing and play the players on the roster with upside? Yes Walker may not be "ready" but at this point he should get whatever minutes Pop was going to give pondexter/Cunningham. If he needs to learn let him learn not now. We always talk about not knowing if a rookie can do the things needed to help a team but we know for sure Cunningham/Pondexter provide nothing to her a team win. If the FO wants to stand pat and avoid making a bad deal fine but this not playing rookies shit is getting old!!!!!!!

tonski17
02-06-2019, 09:10 PM
I like the fact that the rookies can have more playing time in the G-league since it could boost their confidence and their skills. If they will be given more playing time in an NBA roster they will just be coming off the bench playing behind the team's superstars thus making it difficult for them to apply the skills they learned in practice. But I agree with you in the case of playing walker or metu more than cunningham and pondexter.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Whew, extended minutes for Metu would be pretty disastrous outside of giveaway games like tonight. Walker? Less so but still not good.

BackHome
02-06-2019, 09:20 PM
Yeah I would understand if they were killing it in G League but that ain’t happening the only one putting up consistent pts is Eubanks

UnWantedTheory
02-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Look if the Sours don't want to do a dumb deal for someone that won't make the team better fine. However what I can't understand is why won't they just do the simple thing and play the players on the roster with upside? Yes Walker may not be "ready" but at this point he should get whatever minutes Pop was going to give pondexter/Cunningham. If he needs to learn let him learn not now. We always talk about not knowing if a rookie can do the things needed to help a team but we know for sure Cunningham/Pondexter provide nothing to her a team win. If the FO wants to stand pat and avoid making a bad deal fine but this not playing rookies shit is getting old!!!!!!!
No point. White,Poeltl, and Forbes are developing well, while Walker and Metu are clearly not ready. They need to get their time in down in the GL.

offset formation
02-06-2019, 09:43 PM

Brave (or ignorant) position to take given the Spurs history and reputation for precisely what you decry.

look_at_g_shred
02-06-2019, 09:48 PM
You guys ever wonder that pop and rc are always in trade talks but over value their own players and always ask for the world? Maybe that’s why things never get done? I’d love to hear ex gm’s give their experience of dealing with the spurs.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 09:51 PM
You guys ever wonder that pop and rc are always in trade talks but over value their own players and always ask for the world? Maybe that’s why things never get done? I’d love to hear ex gm’s give their experience of dealing with the spurs.Most of the time the team is doing well enough to not care about trades.

dbestpro
02-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Spurs are going to wait for the buy out market.

sananspursfan21
02-06-2019, 10:47 PM
Deep breath. Easy. Easy. This has been a fun season. Sure, stuff to work on. Definitely frustrating moments. But I still sleep at night. I sip my coffee, enjoy a good Cuban seed stogie, love life. It’d be nice if the Spurs made a trade, let Lonnie break in. Metu isn’t ready, too green. But hey, life is good man (or girl), it’s all gonna be alright :hat

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 10:56 PM
You guys ever wonder that pop and rc are always in trade talks but over value their own players and always ask for the world? Maybe that’s why things never get done? I’d love to hear ex gm’s give their experience of dealing with the spurs.

Many fans here certainly overvalue our players, tbh...especially the bigger the scrub they actually are outside of Spurs fan world.

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Most of the time the team is doing well enough to not care about trades.

Yes, 5 years since our last title is still too recent. And before that last title, it was 7 years ago. Yeah...MOST of the time...riiiiiiight. Hey I love those two titles but let's not do revisionist history.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Yes, 5 years since our last title is still too recent. And before that last title, it was 7 years ago. Yeah...MOST of the time...riiiiiiight.The trade deadline is in February.

Kind of a slow fella, aren't you?

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 11:02 PM
The trade deadline is in February.

Kind of a slow fella, aren't you?

To be called slow by an actual slow person means nothing to me.

RD2191
02-06-2019, 11:02 PM
I'll let Pop know.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:03 PM
To be called slow by an actual slow person means nothing to me.OK, post something about Forbes.

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 11:04 PM
OK, post something about Forbes.

You mean your untradeable hero Mr. Ad Hominem?

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:10 PM
You mean your untradeable hero Mr. Ad Hominem?He's totally tradeable.

You just rant about things. The Forbes rants are pretty much nonstop.

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 11:17 PM
He's totally tradeable.

You just rant about things. The Forbes rants are pretty much nonstop.

And your personal insults at those who don't fall in line with your views are pretty much nonstop too. Until he plays like he belongs on the floor those rants would stop but he's simply not a starter and barely a serviceable NBA player.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:19 PM
And your personal insults at those who don't fall in line with your views are pretty much nonstop too. Until he plays like he belongs on the floor those rants would stop but he's simply not a starter and barely a serviceable NBA player.He wouldn't be starting with everyone healthy. He's a serviceable NBA player.

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 11:22 PM
He wouldn't be starting with everyone healthy. He's a serviceable NBA player.

So the solution is to stand pat and say "Shit, well he wasn't supposed to start!" And I didn't refute that he's a serviceable NBA player...only that he's barely one.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:25 PM
So the solution is to stand pat and say "Shit, well he wasn't supposed to start!" And I didn't refute that he's a serviceable NBA player...only that he's barely one.What's your trade to fix it?

SpurPadre
02-06-2019, 11:29 PM
What's your trade to fix it?

I could say any player and defenders like you will claim they're over paid and not make our team better compared to what we already have. That's my biggest issue, how our players are overvalued.

Pavlov
02-06-2019, 11:32 PM
I could say any player and defenders like you will claim they're over paid and not make our team better compared to what we already have. That's my biggest issue, how our players are overvalued.Depends on the trade.

What you got?

Deadline's coming.

Twisted_Dawg
02-06-2019, 11:43 PM

I'd love to know that too.

Many fans here certainly overvalue our players, tbh...especially the bigger the scrub they actually are outside of Spurs fan world.

All fans seem to over value their own players. Go read the Laker boards to see how those fucks think their young core is incredible.

HarlemHeat37
02-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Literally every fanbase overvalues its own players, it's part of being a fan..

The difference is which players are overvalued by the media, and that's always based on market..nobody would know any of the Lakers' players names if they were in Charlotte or Detroit..

RC_Drunkford
02-07-2019, 12:21 PM

this is the army. There is a pecking order that is in place and needs to be followed :pop:

davi78239
02-07-2019, 01:05 PM

And no one will wanna come here cause we aren’t contenders anymore

TimDunkem
02-07-2019, 01:16 PM
And no one will wanna come here cause we aren’t contenders anymore

This team can only attract the Cunningham/Pondexters of the world right now.

Poolboy5623
02-07-2019, 01:24 PM

LOL, yeah because they will all come running to SA...that didn't happen when they were contenders, it sure as shit isn't happening now..

monty4329
02-07-2019, 01:48 PM
65 days below .500 in the last 21 years. Next in line Dallas 960 days below .500 in the same period.

Yes, it is time to change: some people need to change dealer, and quickly, before it gets too late for their synapsis.

BackHome
02-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Deep breath. Easy. Easy. This has been a fun season. Sure, stuff to work on. Definitely frustrating moments. But I still sleep at night. I sip my coffee, enjoy a good Cuban seed stogie, love life. It’d be nice if the Spurs made a trade, let Lonnie break in. Metu isn’t ready, too green. But hey, life is good man (or girl), it’s all gonna be alright :hat

Thanks for writing this I needed that.