PDA

View Full Version : Transcript of PATFO at trade negotiating sessions

SpurPadre
02-07-2019, 12:48 PM
Pop: Why are we recording this?

RC: So people can't say we didn't even try. (finishes downing a bottle of Pop's stash of Pinot Noir)

Pop: Who gives a fuck what people think we did or did not do?

RC: I know but come on, humor me.

Pop: Ok, fuck it. Let's do this. Who do we call first?

RC: Random draw...ok, we got the Lakers. Give me the phone, I'll take this one. (Calls GM Rob Pelinka)

Rob: Hello? Spurs?

RC: Yeah, hey Rob...this is RC. We're so sorry to bother you but, ah shucks, we thought we'd throw you a trade offer.

Rob: Uh...

Lebron yelling in the background: Who the fuck you think you're talking to?! Give me the fucking phone!

Lebron: Who's this?

RC: Oh, hi Lebron, this is RC Buford. Just calling to make a trade offer. I forgot you're the REAL GM.

Lebron: Hey RC. I forgive you. Ok, give me LMA, my son Murray, and your two first round picks for Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, Josh Hart, and Tyson Chandler.

RC: Hmmm. Hold on a second, please, King.

Hey, Pop! Lebron is offering us Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, Josh Hart and Tyson Chandler and all we have to give up is LMA, Murray, and both our first round picks! Isn't that great?! The money works out!

Pop: RC, the Pinot got to you. Turn him down. Don't you like what we have now?

RC: Yeah, you're right. My bad. (gets back on the phone)

Hey Lebron, you know what, we're good.

Lebron: Ok, tell Pop I think he's the greatest coach in the history of sports. I'm gonna call the Bucks and ask them for Giannis.

RC: Sure thing, King. Goodbye.

Pop: Ok, are we done now?

RC: No, we should make one more call...for shits and giggles.

Pop: Fuck. Ok. I'll take this one. I'll call the Bucks' GM Jon Horst.

RC: Oh, because of Bud?! Great idea!

Pop: (Calls the Bucks) Hey Jon, this is Pop. Would you like to make a deal with us?

Jon: Sure. We'll give you Khris Middleton and Tony Snell for Bertans, Belinelli, Forbes, Walker, Cunningham and a first round pick.

Pop: No, I just recently filed Adult Adoption papers for Forbes. He's untouchable. How about Bertans, Marco, Dante for Middleton and your first round pick?

Jon: If you weren't Pop, I'd say fuck you but I'll just settle for no out of respect. Goodbye, Pop.

Pop: Ok, RC. Satisfied now?

RC: Yes, I like our team.

Pop: Me too. Let's drink to that, tbh.

r0drig0lac
02-07-2019, 12:50 PM
Pop: Why are we recording this?

RC: So people can't say we didn't even try. (finishes downing a bottle of Pop's stash of Pinot Noir)

Pop: Who gives a fuck what people think we did or did not do?

RC: I know but come on, humor me.

Pop: Ok, fuck it. Let's do this. Who do we call first?

RC: Random draw...ok, we got the Lakers. Give me the phone, I'll take this one. (Calls GM Rob Pelinka)

Rob: Hello? Spurs?

RC: Yeah, hey Rob...this is RC. We're so sorry to bother you but, ah shucks, we thought we'd throw you a trade offer.

Rob: Uh...

Lebron yelling in the background: Who the fuck you think you're talking to?! Give me the fucking phone!

Lebron: Who's this?

RC: Oh, hi Lebron, this is RC Buford. Just calling to make a trade offer. I forgot you're the REAL GM.

Lebron: Hey RC. I forgive you. Ok, give me LMA, my son Murray, and your two first round picks for Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, Josh Hart, and Tyson Chandler.

RC: Hmmm. Hold on a second, please, King.

Hey, Pop! Lebron is offering us Rondo, Stephenson, Beasley, Josh Hart and Tyson Chandler and all we have to give up is LMA, Murray, and both our first round picks! Isn't that great?! The money works out!

Pop: RC, the Pinot got to you. Turn him down. Don't you like what we have now?

RC: Yeah, you're right. My bad. (gets back on the phone)

Hey Lebron, you know what, we're good.

Lebron: Ok, tell Pop I think he's the greatest coach in the history of sports. I'm gonna call the Bucks and ask them for Giannis.

RC: Sure thing, King. Goodbye.

Pop: Ok, are we done now?

RC: No, we should make one more call...for shits and giggles.

Pop: Fuck. Ok. I'll take this one. I'll call the Bucks' GM Jon Horst.

RC: Oh, because of Bud?! Great idea!

Pop: (Calls the Bucks) Hey Jon, this is Pop. Would you like to make a deal with us?

Jon: Sure. We'll give you Khris Middleton and Tony Snell for Bertans, Belinelli, Forbes, Walker, Cunningham and a first round pick.

Pop: No, I just recently filed Adult Adoption papers for Forbes. He's untouchable. How about Bertans, Marco, Dante for Middleton and your first round pick?

Jon: If you weren't Pop, I'd say fuck you but I'll just settle for no out of respect. Goodbye, Pop.

Pop: Ok, RC. Satisfied now?

RC: Yes, I like our team.

Pop: Me too. Let's drink to that, tbh.
10/10

DAF86
02-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Imagine RC voice as Rick Sanchez

- Masai Ujiri: Emmh, so I heard Kawhi might be on the block.

-RC: Y..yep..buurp!

-Masai: So, how would you like to make a trade around Kawhi and DeRozan.

-RC: ...

-Masai: Hello, RC. Are you there?

-RC: *hiccup* yeah, yeah. Let me... *hiccup* gimmie a sec and I'll call you back. buurp!

*calls pop*

-RC: H...*hiccup* hi Pop. Y... you won't belive what just happened. Toronto is offering DeRozan for Kawhi. Can you believe it? *hiccup* We... we are getting an all-NBA player in return.

-Pop: Hell yeah, fuck the Lakers! Do it mitch... I mean RC. Just make sure to include Danny Green on the trade, I can't stand that fucker anymore.

-RC: Shh...shhure thing Pop. buuurp!

*calls Masai*

-RC: Hi...hello there *hiccup*... it's me again. Shhst... shust talked to pop and... aaand yeah, we down with the trade.

-Masai: Excellent. I was thinking Kawhi and Mills or Gasol, whoever you prefer, for DeMar, a first round pick and one of our young promising players.

-RC: L l l...l let me stop you right there *hiccup*, the aussie is our ... buuurp! ... sorry for that, he's a our leader. We are not trading him, what about D.. Danny Green?

-Masai: Oh yea, that's great! I just thought you may want to keep some wings but we would gladl...

-RC: We can even send you cash consideration to keep Patty over Green... buurp!

-Masai: emmh, ok.

-RC: Excellengghfhrgt! DeRozan for Kawhi, Green and cash. W... we have a deal! *hiccup*

-Masai: Wait, what about the draft pick and...

-RC: No, no, nuuuu. We don't trade draft picks *hiccup*... we like to draft euros and keep them there... buurp!

-Masai: No, I meant WE trading YOU a first round pick.

-RC: ...

-Masai: fuck, what am I saying, neverm...

-RC: Oh yeah, of course... *hiccup*... I knew that. I was... I was shhust ... shhust playing with you. Yeah, draft pick ... for us ... yeah ... deal *hiccup*

-Masai: fuck! well, but top 20 protected.

-RC: shh... shuure. That seems reasonable... buurp!

-Masai: Ok, we still need to send you one more player for roster construction purposes.

-RC: D... damn! shit's getting better.

-Masai: who you want?

-RC: Give us your best young prospect.

-Masai: I really don't want to trade Pascal but I guess is fair... wait!...our best young prospect? Sure! you can have Poeltl.

-RC: Gr...great!

-Masai: So we have a deal. A pleasure doing business with you.

-RC: Yeah...yeah... bye.

*hangs phone*

-RC: Imma fucking genius *throws up*

sasaint
02-07-2019, 03:02 PM
And working hard to move Pau:

Pop calls Dell Demps:

Pop: Dell, you not thinking about cratering to Magic, are you?

Dell: Nah, I'm just playing him for tampering since the league won't do anything about it. I was gonna banish Anthony to Orlando, if I could swing a deal... But, hey, if the Spurs are interested, we might figure out something...

Pop: Maybe. Anybody but DeMar and LaMarcus, and we can talk. What about Pau?

Dell: And you thrown in, say, Forbes and your two firsts?

Pop: In addition to Pau?!?! What, are you crazy?!?!? Never mind. We like what we've got.

SpurPadre
02-07-2019, 07:46 PM
And hardly working to move Pau:

PATFO call Memphis GM Chris Wallace:

RC: Hey Chris, this is RC. Gee whiz, I, uh, aw shucks...oh here, I'll let Pop ask you (hands over the phone to Pop)

Pop: Hey Chris, you want Pau back or not?

Chris: Not really but MAYBE if...(gets cut off by Pop)

Pop: Ok, thank you, bye!

Snaq O'Meal
02-07-2019, 11:13 PM
:lol

This thread is pure gold!

YGWHI
02-08-2019, 01:05 AM
:lmao So good.

cool cat
02-08-2019, 01:57 AM
:pop: "Why do people waste their time watching the NBA anyways, it's just a game, the NFL is where the truly courageous are."

RC_Drunkford
02-08-2019, 06:24 AM
aside from all these made up convos there is this:

Jeff McDonald: Pop spent the day making trade-deadline jokes, by his own admission: “I walked by Rudy at breakfast this morning and said, ‘How much time do I have left before I can get rid of your butt?’ (https://hoopshype.com/social/) LaMarcus said, ‘You got 46 minutes, Pop.’ Just to have fun with it.”

sananspursfan21
02-08-2019, 07:31 AM
“Step right up, get your Pau Gasol here. Limited time, can’t win a championship without him! Just ask Kobe!”