PDA

View Full Version : DeFrozen

mkurts
02-09-2019, 09:13 PM
He is really killing team chemistry and ball movement, freezing the team in place for great losses.

If you were Buford, who would you trade him for if possible?

I think Terry Rozier and play him SF/SG ?

BatManu20
02-09-2019, 09:15 PM
Don’t think we’d get much for the guy right now honestly. Not with his contract. Also, we don’t really trade guys, so..

Hoops Czar
02-09-2019, 09:28 PM
RC can't even tie his own shoes without Pop giving him step by step instructions. He's not going to be able to trade DeRozan without attaching value in the way of draft picks or young assets. I don't want to hear "If other teams can dump bad contracts, so can the Spurs" because other teams don't have RC "puppeteer" Buford in their front office.

The Pelicans are in the same situation as the Spurs were this past offseason. Watch them get a boatload of draft picks and young talent for a player who isn't better than Kawhi. Davis has taken his team to the playoffs like what, twice in six years?

timvp
02-09-2019, 09:43 PM

Playing 6-foot-1 Rozier at small forward? Might work as long as Forbes is playing center, tnbh.

SPURS50
02-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Derozen is Worthless

BD24
02-09-2019, 10:23 PM
He is really killing team chemistry and ball movement, freezing the team in place for great losses.

If you were Buford, who would you trade him for if possible?

Did you say play Rozier as a SG/SF?

Follow up question, are you a troll or are you just stupid?

Rozier is a 6'1 combo guard, you fucking moron

rasuo214
02-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Take a risk on some highly drafted player with potential that has under-preformed. Then hope the team development pays off (the strength for this team).

DPG21920
02-09-2019, 10:31 PM

You don’t have to be a major d*ck to make a point.

DPG21920
02-09-2019, 10:32 PM
DeRozan was playing legit great (for him - meaning defense not taken into consideration) early in the season. I don’t know if he’s really injured, just in a major funk or what, but he’s no where near the level he was even if he’s scoring some more points lately.

SouthTexasRancher
02-09-2019, 10:34 PM
Playing 6-foot-1 Rozier at small forward? Might work as long as Forbes is playing center, tnbh.

Damn, that was good. :bobo

BD24
02-09-2019, 10:36 PM
You don’t have to be a major d*ck to make a point.
:cry Leave him alone :cry

mkurts
02-09-2019, 10:37 PM

Worth a shot since DeFrozen is a sieve as SG or SF, not sure if you are basing your response purely on height ?

I hope not, with your knowledge.

mkurts
02-09-2019, 10:42 PM

Wow the anger, was looking at trade availability but ok.

DeFrozen commands lots of love from fanboys I know, but since he came back the team

has been on a losing streak. That’s why I say I am thinking Rozier. But I guess people are happy

with the current team situation and DeFrozen’s value.

Ok. pink me or close this thread mods. Say no more, I fully understand that opinions
are to be flamed here.

BD24
02-09-2019, 10:53 PM

DeFrozen commands lots of love from fanboys I know, but since he came back the team

has been on a losing streak. That’s why I say I am thinking Rozier. But I guess people are happy

Ok. pink me or close this thread mods. Say no more, I fully understand that opinions
are to be flamed here.
What part of my statement read to you that I wanted to keep Derozan?

I don't think Rozier is the guy to trade for, but that wasn't the point of my post either.

The point was clearly that you wanted to trade for a 6'1 guy to play at sg/sf. Obviously you just threw out a name without knowing anything about said player tbh.

JuegaBonito
02-09-2019, 11:25 PM

are to be flamed here.

Everybody agree's DeRozan is trash and wish him gone, it was a bad trade. Though I do believe Leonard's health is highly questionable for the long term and we still didn't use the Raptors pick at this point it is looking like we got ripped off.

You are still an idiot cause you think a back up point guard in Terry Rozier can come to San Antonio and play wing? SF? bro you wild, do you even watch the nba.

GAustex
02-09-2019, 11:30 PM
Come om ya'll its not nice to pick on the dullard

Proxy
02-10-2019, 08:52 PM
really strange how much hate some of you are able to harbor for a sports athlete. I can only assume your lives are pretty miserable

maybe get some new hobbies, god bless

monty4329
02-11-2019, 04:04 AM
RC can't even tie his own shoes without Pop giving him step by step instructions. He's not going to be able to trade DeRozan without attaching value in the way of draft picks or young assets. I don't want to hear "If other teams can dump bad contracts, so can the Spurs" because other teams don't have RC "puppeteer" Buford in their front office.

The Pelicans are in the same situation as the Spurs were this past offseason. Watch them get a boatload of draft picks and young talent for a player who isn't better than Kawhi. Davis has taken his team to the playoffs like what, twice in six years?

Kawhi was out a full year. You can compare his trade to the Porzingis one, not Davis. DDR is a bust, but was the best trade possible. There were no top 3 picks offered.

monty4329
02-11-2019, 04:12 AM
DeRozan was playing legit great (for him - meaning defense not taken into consideration) early in the season. I don’t know if he’s really injured, just in a major funk or what, but he’s no where near the level he was even if he’s scoring some more points lately.

I was fooled myself by DDR at the season's start. His offense was strong, but we were losing a lot and many thought it was due to LA who was a disaster.

When things changed and wins started to be the norm for a while, DDR was marginal at best. He doesn't fit the rest of the roster -but was the best trade available anyway- and now he is proving to be a crybaby. Although with Murray at point, things might change in terms of his offensive utilization.

kaji157
02-11-2019, 04:56 AM
He seems to have hit the "Western conference" Wall as of late.
Yet, considering how long players take to adapt to the Spurs I would definitely trust him for one more year.
Look at Aldridge and Gay, they both were subpar their first years here.

UncleDennis
02-11-2019, 08:47 AM
It's like his finals was that win against the Raptors. It'd be nice if he can at least keep his scoring up for when White returns to the line up.

KimmyGib
02-11-2019, 04:37 PM

He hit a peak in the Raptor's game, and since then it's pretty much been all downhill.

Dreadnought
02-11-2019, 05:29 PM
I just can't tell if the opponents figured him out or he has become too hesitant. He absolutely nullifies our offensive flow and bumps into players and makes it all seem very congested. He thinks too much and hopes to get a better look than he actually can. Just shhot contested fallaway midrange jumpers, that's what you were brought to do.

tonski17
02-11-2019, 06:48 PM
The spurs will still qualify for the playoffs and with deMar's performance this year with the team I think he will just get better next year having to fully adapt to the system of the spurs. Be patient and believe.

C-Dub
02-11-2019, 07:19 PM
1st time in his career having to cocentrate and spend a lot of energy on defense so I believe it's taking a toll on his offensive game. It's going to take a while to acclimate to that type of grind on the body and brain. For the Spurs to be good next year, DDR has to average 17pts-6rebs-7asts, White 15pts-5rebs-8asts, DJM 12pts-8rebs-6asts, Bertans 11pts-6rebs-2asts and LA 18pts-10rebs-2asts. That's your starting line-up for the 2019-2020 season unless a major move is made this offseason.

Leetonidas
02-11-2019, 07:24 PM
Yeah this guy sucks. Unfortunately the only way for him to be effective is to play a losing style of ball. Really hope the spurs don't act like morons and trade this guy in the off season. No hate towards demar, he's just doesn't fit with this team and the roster we have.

Leetonidas
02-11-2019, 07:25 PM
1st time in his career having to cocentrate and spend a lot of energy on defense so I believe it's taking a toll on his offensive game. It's going to take a while to acclimate to that type of grind on the body and brain. For the Spurs to be good next year, DDR has to average 17pts-6rebs-7asts, White 15pts-5rebs-8asts, DJM 12pts-8rebs-6asts, Bertans 11pts-6rebs-2asts and LA 18pts-10rebs-2asts. That's your starting line-up for the 2019-2020 season unless a major move is made this offseason.

Lmao those averages are ridiculous :lol

duncan2k5
02-12-2019, 08:22 AM
I just can't tell if the opponents figured him out or he has become too hesitant. He absolutely nullifies our offensive flow and bumps into players and makes it all seem very congested. He thinks too much and hopes to get a better look than he actually can. Just shhot contested fallaway midrange jumpers, that's what you were brought to do.

It's called choking

duncan2k5
02-12-2019, 08:25 AM
Kawhi was out a full year. You can compare his trade to the Porzingis one, not Davis. DDR is a bust, but was the best trade possible. There were no top 3 picks offered.

He definitely wasn't the best trade possible... I hate when ppl say that... For example we only knew of the porzingis trade AFTER it happened... We have no idea what all was offered from other teams... There could have been players that aren't all stars that would have been a better fit than DDR

duncan2k5
02-12-2019, 08:26 AM
He seems to have hit the "Western conference" Wall as of late.
Yet, considering how long players take to adapt to the Spurs I would definitely trust him for one more year.
Look at Aldridge and Gay, they both were subpar their first years here.

Bro... If he was shitting the eastern conference sheets for years, why the fuck would you trust him in the west??

duncan2k5
02-12-2019, 08:28 AM

This would only make sense if he was good on defense... Or even ok on defense... Dude is all around trash

monty4329
02-12-2019, 09:41 AM
He definitely wasn't the best trade possible... I hate when ppl say that... For example we only knew of the porzingis trade AFTER it happened... We have no idea what all was offered from other teams... There could have been players that aren't all stars that would have been a better fit than DDR

mmm "definitely wasn't the best trade"....because "there could have been..."

Well that makes sense.

Dverde
02-12-2019, 10:33 AM
I think you guys are giving up on him too soon. He has been a good teammate and mostly healthy so far. I think the all-star break will be good for him. Yes, he is overpaid and overrrated. He also isn’t getting the foul calls he normally gets. I think that has been frustrating for him.

kaji157
02-12-2019, 06:03 PM
Bro... If he was shitting the eastern conference sheets for years, why the fuck would you trust him in the west??

Because we have no choice