PDA

View Full Version : Last Season's Spurs vs. This Season's Spurs in a 7 Game Series

SpurPadre
02-13-2019, 02:03 PM
Who wins? Were we better off with a healthy Murray, LDN, Manu, TP and no Kabitch over this season's additions of DeRozan, Poetl, Marco, Forbes as a starter, and Cunningham? I'd take last season's Spurs in 5, tbh.

'17-'18
Starters
LMA
Fathead
LDN
Mills
Murray

Bench
Manu
TP
Gay
Gasol
Bertans
Forbes

Towel Waivers
Paul
Joffrey (one of the worst Spurs players EVER)

vs.

'18-'19
Starters
Older LMA
Gay
Bertans
DeRozan
Forbes

Bench
Mills
Marco
Poetl
Cunningham
Gasol
Pondexter

Towel Waivers
Walker
Eubanks

SpursDynasty85
02-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Who wins? Were we better off with a healthy Murray, LDN, Manu, TP and no Kabitch over this season's additions of DeRozan, Poetl, Marco, Forbes as a starter, and Cunningham? I'd take last season's Spurs in 5, tbh.

'17-'18
Starters
LMA
Fathead
LDN
Mills
Murray

Bench
Manu
TP
Gay
Gasol
Bertans
Forbes

Towel Waivers
Paul
Joffrey (one of the worst Spurs players EVER)

vs.

'18-'19
Starters
Older LMA
Gay
Bertans
DeRozan
Forbes

Bench
Mills
Marco
Poetl
Cunningham
Gasol
Pondexter

Towel Waivers
Walker
Eubanks

The way you posted it, looks like a tie. You left out White in this year's line up? With White, we should easily beat last year's team in 6 games.

$pursDynasty
02-13-2019, 02:47 PM
MVParker makes everything better, at least the elder team has a few killers on the squad, today's Spurs though there are a few I like, none of them have the 'sack' of our championship era teams. All a lil too millenial, touchy feely.

TheGreatYacht
02-13-2019, 03:14 PM
MVParker makes everything better, at least the elder team has a few killers on the squad, today's Spurs though there are a few I like, none of them have the 'sack' of our championship era teams. All a lil too millenial, touchy feely.
MVParker does make everything better, no denying that. Tbh...

Hornets with him: 26-20
Hornets without him: 1-9

Last year's Spurs with Parker starting: 15-6
Last year's Spurs with Murray starting: 24-24
Last year's Spurs with Mills starting: 20-16

Robz4000
02-13-2019, 03:16 PM
If White plays, this year's team in seven. Otherwise last year's team wins in five.

hater
02-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Lol older LMA

Its just a few months :lol and actually he is better this year

cool cat
02-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Strange to think we only have 1 starter from last year that's starting for us this year.

hater
02-13-2019, 03:35 PM
Agree take out parker and its an even matchup

Parker would run circles around our 3 brandon roys and fatty

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2019, 03:37 PM
This year's team with White probably wins fairly easily IMO..

Last year's team was way too reliant on Aldridge, their 2nd half form wouldn't have reached the playoffs if the season was just a few weeks longer..Danny Green couldn't move anymore due to his groin, Pau was playing big minutes and Tony Parker(one of the worst players in the NBA) was in the rotation..

Collins21
02-13-2019, 03:43 PM
This years team easily. Last years team had zero shot creators and had a scrub starting at the 3 position who was scared to shoot. As bad as people think this years team last years team was hot garbage aside from Aldridge.

SpurPadre
02-13-2019, 03:47 PM
This years team easily. Last years team had zero shot creators and had a scrub starting at the 3 position who was scared to shoot. As bad as people think this years team last years team was hot garbage aside from Aldridge.

A scrub scared to shoot is more tolerable than a scrub (Forbes) who's not scared to shoot because the former knows his place while the latter has delusions of grandeur. Anderson at least contributed in other categories as he knew he was a liability when it came to taking jumpers. Forbes, on the other hand, doesn't think about anything other than to shoot at all costs.

r0drig0lac
02-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Spurs 17-18 had the advantage in coach, best player (Aldridge 2017-18) and some really decent defenders, so I have to go with them.

SpurPadre
02-13-2019, 03:52 PM
I did forget to add White but that's because the dude is so incredibly injury prone. But even adding him to this year's team against last year's, I still give the edge to last year's team because Manu and TP's high BBIQ would've willed them through. And LDN and White cancel each other out, tbh.

SpurPadre
02-13-2019, 03:55 PM
Lol older LMA

Its just a few months :lol and actually he is better this year

A few months in the NBA is alot, tbh. And the metrics disagree with you that LMA is better this year.

Arcadian
02-13-2019, 04:01 PM
The '18 Spurs were just super mediocre.

The '19 Spurs are much more volatile - higher ceiling, but lower floor.

SpurPadre
02-13-2019, 04:36 PM
The '18 Spurs were just super mediocre.

The '19 Spurs are much more volatile - higher ceiling, but lower floor.

That's why I ultimately think Manu and TP would've been the difference makers in a hypothetical series. Their experience would've figured these guys out while Murray's and LDN's defense would've put a clamp down on this year's shooters. I'm sure Manu would drop 20 points against this defense and we'd revive that thread at least one time in that series, tbh.

superbigtime
02-13-2019, 04:38 PM
I'll take last season's squad. Easily. Last time I checked, 2019 Spurs play no D.

rasuo214
02-13-2019, 04:40 PM
If it's a playoff series then Derozan will choke, so I'll take last year's team.

TimmyBuckets
02-13-2019, 04:42 PM
Trash vs. Trash

Who cares?

Leetonidas
02-13-2019, 04:43 PM
I'm taking the 18 Spurs. Much better defense, only real difference on O is beli and defrozan. And the 19 team can't play D for shit so they 18 roster would smoke their asses Imo. I'm going 18 spurs in 6

Arcadian
02-13-2019, 04:56 PM
I'll take last season's squad. Easily. Last time I checked, 2019 Spurs play no D.
Except for that one stretch when they played excellent D. They're just extremely volatile.

cd021
02-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Last year's team tbh. 4-1

Joseph Kony
02-13-2019, 05:02 PM
would be interesting. terrible offense that struggled to put up 100 vs terrible defense that struggles to not give up 120. 2018 simply due to better perimeter defense imo. but d-white could really be the x-factor for the 2019 team.

also do we get the "injured" kawhi to play at least 1-2 games in the series or he is just out? :lol

south side spur
02-13-2019, 06:39 PM
2019 wins because every time 2018 gains momentum in the series Kawhi’s group puts out a timetable for his return to the media and 2018 immediately starts to reel.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-13-2019, 07:35 PM
manu would win one game by himself

SouthTexasRancher
02-13-2019, 10:31 PM
Last years team with a healthy DeJounte Murray, Danny Green, Kyle Anderson and Manu definitely, beyond any doubt made that team's defense so far ahead and above this season's shitty, crappy and totally inept defense look like Wilt Chamberlain playing against a 3 year old just learning how to bounce a rubber ball. Last year LMA was a year younger and we had the KaWhitter for 9 whole games (lol, just kidding), Pau Gasol actually contributed. As much as I've been on DeMar's side I am afraid he is actually failing at this point. He hasn't given the team much of anything the past month. I still can't figure out why Bryn Forbes is a starter. Most importantly last season we had team leadership in Tony, Manu and DeJounte who was really coming into his own. This season all we have is Patty and he is trying hard but, this season's team hasn't shown much heart. And this season is probably Pop's worst season of coaching. He has allowed way too much controversial politics get into his head. That's fine in the off season but, as bad as last year and this year has been compared to normal Spurs standards, he needs to stick to coaching. That or retire and go into politics. :ihit

Roscoe P. Coltrane
02-13-2019, 11:23 PM
With out White, last seasons team. With white, this seasons team.

Gibbz
02-14-2019, 12:11 AM
Last year 4-1.

UnWantedTheory
02-14-2019, 12:13 AM
2019 team stomps if they play to their potential.

WallyTiger
02-14-2019, 12:39 AM
Trash vs. Trash

Who cares?

vavvi
02-14-2019, 02:19 AM
depends on which team has White
but overall pretty close tbh -- 7 games

sananspursfan21
02-14-2019, 05:19 AM
Well, remember that last season’s Spurs had Kaw.....oh. Ohhhhhhhhhh :(

hater
02-14-2019, 11:17 AM
depends on which team has White
but overall pretty close tbh -- 7 games

The poor bastard cant even wipe his ass at this point much less make a difference in this matchup

vavvi
02-14-2019, 11:28 AM
The poor bastard cant even wipe his ass at this point much less make a difference in this matchup

that's a painfully familiar situation

phxspurfan
02-14-2019, 12:10 PM
last year's team bc of more Manu heroics. Also Kyle would make a play or two that no one on this year's team can match (on defense). Green may also hit some shots and block one or two of Mills or Forbes heaves. DeRozan would go into his shell per par. LMA's would battle each other to a draw. '18 Parker and '19 Bertans would be a wash, Beli/Purrtl would be good but not a difference maker

phxspurfan
02-14-2019, 12:12 PM

Sorry but we should reserve that saying for Kawhi at this point. White has earned a pass in my book as he's still new and was thrust into a major role (2nd most important player on the team) and major minutes all of a sudden. Kawhi was talking like he's Jordan but struggle to get on the fucking team plane.

ZeusWillJudge
02-14-2019, 02:44 PM
I hate comparison threads. But this one would be a lot more interesting next year. I'd really like to see DeMar trying to guard DeMar on both ends of the floor.

Much as it pains me to say it, this year wins a 7 game series. White was in Austin, Danny was hobbled, and this year Belli and Bertans would make the difference in made 3's.