02-13-2019, 08:13 PM
So did he hit it?

Will Hunting
02-13-2019, 08:14 PM
So did he hit it?
He put cocaine in yo ass!

DJR210
02-14-2019, 05:14 PM
Stitches is one of the biggest posers in the history of rap.. He set the stage for 6ix9ine to come in and embarrass himself.

This was Stitches aka Lil' Phil like 3 years ago :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rERN4wUv9vc

Now he's tatted like some kind of clown, and claims he's a major supplier of cocaine :lol

Chucho
02-14-2019, 05:23 PM
LOL. And people say hip hop is "evolving"...no sir.

Spurminator
02-14-2019, 05:26 PM
LOL. And people say hip hop is "evolving"...no sir.

The Monkees were the top selling band in rock and roll when rock was at its most innovative point ever. When a genre is popular there are going to be shitty coat tailers.

Chucho
02-14-2019, 05:28 PM
The Monkees were the top selling band in rock and roll when rock was at its most innovative point ever. When a genre is popular there are going to be shitty coat tailers.

Are you saying rap is at it's most innovative?

Spurminator
02-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Are you saying rap is at it's most innovative?

No but it's definitely the most innovative genre going right now. And it's absolutely evolving.

Give me a year that you think rap was at its peak of innovation and I'll give you ten rappers from that year that were garbage.

Chucho
02-14-2019, 05:49 PM
No but it's definitely the most innovative genre going right now. And it's absolutely evolving.

Give me a year that you think rap was at its peak of innovation and I'll give you ten rappers from that year that were garbage.

I get that logic there is always garbage attached to every genre and overall understand subjectivity.

Personally, I think it's changing, but to my tastes, I wouldn't call these positive changes, I feel there are loads more garbage rappers today than any point since maybe the early 90s and mid 00s to early part of this decade.

koriwhat
02-14-2019, 06:12 PM
fucking garbage!

you know what ruined rap/hiphop? the early 2000's and especially eminem because he gave hope to all the lame white "rappers" to rise in an industry they have no biz in tbh. there's only a handful who have the skills while most are whiny suburban fakes. they watered down the industry with their emo bs and 12 yr old girl voices while trying so hard to be perceived as hood. now everyone in the industry makes crap with no real substance behind their lyrics if they even have more than 1 word in their "songs".

Will Hunting
02-14-2019, 06:18 PM
fucking garbage!

you know what ruined rap/hiphop? the early 2000's and especially eminem because he gave hope to all the lame white "rappers" to rise in an industry they have no biz in tbh. there's only a handful who have the skills while most are whiny suburban fakes. they watered down the industry with their emo bs and 12 yr old girl voices while trying so hard to be perceived as hood. now everyone in the industry makes crap with no real substance behind their lyrics if they even have more than 1 word in their "songs".
I still claim the Usher song “Yeah!” from the early 2000s was the turning point for hip hop. After that song getting overplayed as long as it did, hip hop got closer and closer to being just a shitty version of pop music.

I really don’t understand the popularity of modern day jiberish rap though (rain drop drop top, for example). It’s literally just 3 minutes of someone mumbling an incoherent sequence of words (and in some instances they’re not even words, just sounds).

Chucho
02-14-2019, 06:18 PM
fucking garbage!

Not as much as auto tune did and also the death of lyricism. Today's product is dominated by the producers and the dudes outside the booths.

koriwhat
02-14-2019, 06:20 PM
Not as much as auto tune did and also the death of lyricism. Today's product is dominated by the producers and the dudes outside the booths.

very true indeed.

Fabbs
02-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Stiches - Lil Phil walking the girl to the corner.
Happy ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbg1-nuW0Cc

Chucho
02-14-2019, 06:27 PM
I really don’t understand the popularity of modern day jiberish rap though (rain drop drop top, for example). It’s literally just 3 minutes of someone mumbling an incoherent sequence of words (and in some instances they’re not even words, just sounds).

To me, that's not evolution. It's change, but I always associate "Evolution" with "progress" and feel rap has taken steps back. But again, different strokes for different folks. There's still good rap out there, it's just not the main stream.

Spurminator
02-14-2019, 06:29 PM
I'm not even sure "mumble rap" belongs in the same category with hip hop. We package them together because the artists are primarily black, but the gulf between styles of a Kendrick Lamar and, say, Playboi Carti, is much wider than the gulf between lots of artists we separate into "mainstream rock" or "indie" or "metal" or even "country."

Spurminator
02-14-2019, 06:35 PM
I don't mind a little Future or Rae Stremmurd or Young Thug when I'm running or as background music for the right occasion. It's obviously not as lyrically compelling or impressive as KDot or Pusha T, etc., but that's not what people are listening to it for. It still has its place, imo. But some of it is definitely crap, partly because it's so easy to copycat and to record.

FrostKing
02-14-2019, 06:48 PM
Rap shouldn't even be considered a genre. It is a style of singing or even just expressing vocals. There are no instruments lol. Just a guy talking. Americans trying to push their shitty culture "most innovative". What is innovative bout talking.

koriwhat
02-14-2019, 07:23 PM
To me, that's not evolution. It's change, but I always associate "Evolution" with "progress" and feel rap has taken steps back. But again, different strokes for different folks. There's still good rap out there, it's just not the main stream.

liberalism is a disease that has infected hiphop as well. lol

Will Hunting
02-14-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm not even sure "mumble rap" belongs in the same category with hip hop. We package them together because the artists are primarily black, but the gulf between styles of a Kendrick Lamar and, say, Playboi Carti, is much wider than the gulf between lots of artists we separate into "mainstream rock" or "indie" or "metal" or even "country."
Fair point.

BD24
02-14-2019, 09:47 PM
Rap is definitely progressing, just unfortunately the actual good artist rarely get radio play.

Some of the top rappers today are fantastic though, bringing new sounds, and actually talking relatable issues

TDMVPDPOY
02-15-2019, 08:50 AM
Rap is definitely progressing, just unfortunately the actual good artist rarely get radio play.

Some of the top rappers today are fantastic though, bringing new sounds, and actually talking relatable issues

and t he ones thats getting killed are rapping about the game like nobody has ever heard or seen...rap about something new

DJR210
02-15-2019, 08:58 AM

How do you figure it's innovative? Every current or up and coming mainstream rapper uses trap beats and tries to copy the staccato delivery that Migos and Future started..

DJR210
02-15-2019, 09:00 AM
Rap shouldn't even be considered a genre. It is a style of singing or even just expressing vocals. There are no instruments lol. Just a guy talking. Americans trying to push their shitty culture "most innovative". What is innovative bout talking.

The funny part is the same "shitty American culture" you speak of, you spend all this time focusing on and discussing :lol

Not as much as auto tune did and also the death of lyricism

You have Cher to thank for that

DJR210
02-15-2019, 09:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXglfpUfxE&has_verified=1

leemajors
02-15-2019, 09:19 AM
I still claim the Usher song “Yeah!” from the early 2000s was the turning point for hip hop. After that song getting overplayed as long as it did, hip hop got closer and closer to being just a shitty version of pop music.

ehh 3rd bass wrote Pop Goes the Weasel about Vanilla Ice and Hammer in 91.

DJR210
02-15-2019, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNbfsAih3o

:lol Lakers

Spurminator
02-15-2019, 10:03 AM
How do you figure it's innovative? Every current or up and coming mainstream rapper uses trap beats and tries to copy the staccato delivery that Migos and Future started..

Depends on what period of time we're talking about. I think you're right if we're just talking about the past year or so. But in the past five years has any other kind of music had the kind of creative breakthroughs that hip hop has?