PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Tim Duncan in Downtown Austin

BD24
02-16-2019, 02:16 PM
Was just walking around downtown Austin with my sister and wife, saw Timmy walking by Gus’s fried chicken. Dude was with his girl and his daughter, dressed like a hobo per par, don’t think he had shaved in a good month or two.

and no I didn’t bother him or ask for a picture because I’m not an ass hole tbh. Was kind of crazy that no one recognized him or were bothering him though

Dverde
02-16-2019, 02:37 PM
+1 for not bothering him. Being seven-footer and famous blows unless you’re a fame whore like Shaq.

BD24
02-16-2019, 02:45 PM
+1 for not bothering him. Being seven-footer and famous blows unless you’re a fame whore like Shaq.
I didn’t realize it was him at first because he looked so scruffy and was dressed like a bum. Once I saw his face I had to do a double take. Thought it was pretty nice he could walk around downtown with his family and not be bothered

Millennial_Messiah
02-16-2019, 03:12 PM
should have managed a selfy tbh.

GAustex
02-16-2019, 03:25 PM
I probably could not help myself to say loud enough for him to hear...”Thank you Tim”
I would not approach him tho

Keepin' it real
02-16-2019, 03:54 PM
You should have asked him how the fuck did he blow that bunny over Shane Battier in game 7. He has such a wry sense of humor he likely would have bonded with you instantly.

RD2191
02-16-2019, 04:20 PM
Did he turn down your daughter?

BD24
02-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Did he turn down your daughter?
:lol

i did have my son with me who is about the same age as his daughter. Should of tried to hook those little mother fuckers up tbh. His chick was looking fine as fuck per par

Play Boban
02-16-2019, 04:37 PM
I saw Tupac palling around with Elvis in Waco the other day, too, tbh.

Play Boban
02-16-2019, 04:39 PM
You should have asked him how the fuck did he blow that bunny over Shane Battier in game 7. He has such a wry sense of humor he likely would have bonded with you instantly.

I will never forgive him.

Spurs Homer
02-16-2019, 04:57 PM
People in Austin have no idea who Timmy is...

if you played for the Longhorns though -
that would be another story!

GAustex
02-16-2019, 05:26 PM

I beg to differ

Twisted_Dawg
02-16-2019, 05:33 PM
His girl? Vanessa?

WallyTiger
02-16-2019, 06:53 PM
His girl? Vanessa?
Kevin Garnett

boutons_deux
02-16-2019, 08:06 PM
I would have said "wow, it's you! Merci beaucoup, Tony!"

TDMVPDPOY
02-16-2019, 08:27 PM
did u shout out hey cuck?

BD24
02-16-2019, 08:43 PM
Kevin Garnett
Well played

spurs10
02-16-2019, 09:01 PM
Austin is pretty cool about letting celebrities have some peace. There are always well known people around which might add to the reason why it's not unusual. When you're 7 feet tall it's hard for people not to have a second take. Spent most my life there and it's usually very chilled out...like Tim.

Once Clint Eastwood was staying in town and he loves jazz, so there is a cool jazz club near the Four Seasons where he has staying and he went several nights in a row. A friend of mine, Michael, was the bartender and taking his parties' order so he knew what he was drinking. A couple nights into his stay he came in on his own to hear some music again and came to the bar by himself. When he walked he didn't say a word and just nodded to the bartender, who again knew his drink of choice by then. When he brought Clint his drink he couldn't help himself and said 'Hey sir I'm sorry to bother you, but it's an honor to have you here. I don't want to trouble you , but do you mind signing an autograph for me? My Mom can't believe I'm serving you?' Clint again without speaking nodded his head 'yes' and my friend said 'Please make it out to Susan.' After he signed it Michael gushed 'Wow this is so cool thank you very much!' At that time, speaking for the first time in his best gruff Dirty Harry voice, Clint said, "Well Susan...all you had to do was ask?' Making it all the more cool!

BatManu20
02-16-2019, 10:47 PM
Not nearly as cool, but I rubbed elbows with Lamar Odom last night on my way out of a Shell gas station about a half a mile from my apartment in Los Angeles. He looked rough tbh.

Proxy
02-16-2019, 11:23 PM

https://i.gifer.com/mdl.gif

spurs10
02-16-2019, 11:36 PM

I beg to differ You would be right!! Austin is Spurs town!

GAustex
02-16-2019, 11:55 PM
You would be right!! Austin is Spurs town!
Of course I’m right
I’m always right
You know I am a legend in my own mind

Barfunk
02-17-2019, 12:39 AM

Incorrect. Austin is a huge Spurs town. I know certain things have to happen, but eventually they should just start calling it the Austin-San Antonio metro. That will get rid of the whole small market label crud.

Millennial_Messiah
02-17-2019, 12:48 AM
Not nearly as cool, but I rubbed elbows with Lamar Odom last night on my way out of a Shell gas station about a half a mile from my apartment in Los Angeles. He looked rough tbh.
That dude nearly OD'd to death in October 2015. He was literally on life support for 2 weeks. :lmao

DMX7
02-17-2019, 01:13 AM
I forget.... Did Tim own a home there at some point?

Play Boban
02-17-2019, 01:34 AM
Incorrect. Austin is a huge Spurs town. I know certain things have to happen, but eventually they should just start calling it the Austin-San Antonio metro. That will get rid of the whole small market label crud.
The 7th biggest city in the us being considered small market is moronic anyways tbh.

Spurs Homer
02-17-2019, 02:29 AM

lol i was joking

slick'81
02-17-2019, 04:02 AM

He had a home near there i think he sold a few years back

Xx_SpursNation_xX
02-17-2019, 04:12 AM
Props to tim for staying in SA, i would have left as soon as i could. Does Manu still live here?

Proxy
02-17-2019, 04:15 AM

yep, a place on the lake

DMC
02-17-2019, 04:22 AM
Did you happen to have a jar of molasses with you?

BD24
02-17-2019, 08:47 AM
Did you happen to have a jar of molasses with you?

RD2191
02-17-2019, 10:01 AM

Congrats, you now have HIV.

stu scotts eye
02-17-2019, 10:44 AM
Was on drink #10 at Lavaca Street bar about 7 yrs ago in Atx. Mark Cuban walks in with a cougar (not his wife).

I went up to him, shook his hand, then said "its interesting you had to hire a Spur (Avery)to finally beat the Spurs" and laughed.

He actually took it well and laughed. Then bought a round of drinks for me and my coworkers. Dude is tall

exstatic
02-17-2019, 10:54 AM
Props to tim for staying in SA, i would have left as soon as i could. Does Manu still live here?

You would be considered the oddball, then. Most notable ex-Spurs stay in town, even the criminals like Alvin.

Yes, Manu still lives here. You don’t think he flies in for all of those practice photos, do you?

stu scotts eye
02-17-2019, 10:59 AM
yep, a place on the lake

He always would go into my buddys restaurant Roccos in Lakeway. So did DRob.

boutons_deux
02-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Dude is tall

google says 6'3"

FkLA
02-17-2019, 11:45 AM

You mean San Antonio-Austin metro?

Barfunk
02-17-2019, 02:03 PM
You mean San Antonio-Austin metro?

Lol funny, but whichever. I've got love for both cities.

BD24
02-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Lol funny, but whichever. I've got love for both cities.
Agreed, they are both great cities in different ways.

San Antonions seem to be the only ones that have an inferiority complex though tbh

spurs10
02-17-2019, 04:15 PM
Agreed, they are both great cities in different ways.

San Antonions seem to be the only ones that have an inferiority complex though tbh It's an interesting dynamic between the two. I love visiting SA and still have business ties to Austin. Austin is getting inundated with people from all over the universe. It wasn't built for that many people. There today and the roads were packed...on a Sunday.

BD24
02-17-2019, 04:49 PM
It's an interesting dynamic between the two. I love visiting SA and still have business ties to Austin. Austin is getting inundated with people from all over the universe. It wasn't built for that many people. There today and the roads were packed...on a Sunday.
Yea, they grew to fast and didn't have the infrastructure plans in place.

The city of San Antonio did a much better job of planning for growth. With both an inner and outer loop. Interestingly enough San Antonio had the highest growth of any city in the US last year.

BatManu20
02-17-2019, 07:01 PM
Congrats, you now have HIV.

:lol Prob tbh.

spurs10
02-17-2019, 08:56 PM
Yea, they grew to fast and didn't have the infrastructure plans in place.

The city of San Antonio did a much better job of planning for growth. With both an inner and outer loop. Interestingly enough San Antonio had the highest growth of any city in the US last year. Wow interesting! I would have guessed Austin, but don't doubt it. Yes, SA was built to withstand the sprawl and population growth. Austin's infrastructure was not build for all those people and cars.

BD24
02-17-2019, 08:58 PM
Wow interesting! I would have guessed Austin, but don't doubt it. Yes, SA was built to withstand the sprawl and population growth. Austin's infrastructure was not build for all those people and cars.
I think Austin’s % growth was higher due to smaller population, but San Antonio had the highest population growth of any city on pure numbers

spurs10
02-17-2019, 09:06 PM
I think Austin’s % growth was higher due to smaller population, but San Antonio had the highest population growth of any city on pure numbers SA has a lot to offer and the housing market is still very reasonable. Austin is at least double the price in sq.ft. It's insanely high and getting higher everyday.

BD24
02-17-2019, 09:21 PM
SA has a lot to offer and the housing market is still very reasonable. Austin is at least double the price in sq.ft. It's insanely high and getting higher everyday.
Yea, I'm thinking about moving to Austin, but I need to do it quickly if I am going to. As you said the prices are rising pretty quickly up there.

Proxy
02-17-2019, 09:29 PM
Yea, I'm thinking about moving to Austin, but I need to do it quickly if I am going to. As you said the prices are rising pretty quickly up there.

yep, the gentrification/condo wave is avalanche-ing

007nites
02-17-2019, 09:49 PM

No moved to LA.

spurs10
02-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Yea, I'm thinking about moving to Austin, but I need to do it quickly if I am going to. As you said the prices are rising pretty quickly up there. :tu

yep, the gentrification/condo wave is avalanche-ing :tu

DPG21920
02-17-2019, 10:31 PM

Its definitley expesnive but although I really love SA and its a great city in its own right, austin is just a different beast when it comes to cool cities.

BD24
02-17-2019, 10:36 PM
Its definitley expesnive but although I really love SA and its a great city in its own right, austin is just a different beast when it comes to cool cities.
Agreed, although I live in San Antonio I prefer Austin tbh.

I have always told people that if I didn't know Austin existed I would be completely happy staying in SA.

There is a reason Austin gets voted on top cities to live lift year after year. My kid will be starting school in a few years, so if I move to Austin I would like to do it before he starts Kindergarten.

DPG21920
02-17-2019, 10:50 PM
Agreed, although I live in San Antonio I prefer Austin tbh.

I have always told people that if I didn't know Austin existed I would be completely happy staying in SA.

There is a reason Austin gets voted on top cities to live lift year after year. My kid will be starting school in a few years, so if I move to Austin I would like to do it before he starts Kindergarten.

IMHO the trick with any big city is some sacrifice. Other countries and other big cities people are totally fine living in smaller spaces.

Yes, its way more expensive in austin, especially in and around downtown, but if you are willing to live smaller, you can have a pretty amazing quality of life.

Most of us that grew up in SA or similar cities want a 4000 square foot home, etc, so the thought of condo living or small home living seems off; especially for the money. But since the wife and I have lived in Austin for years and had smaller places, we actually found we really love that life style. Less maintenance, active (since you can walk/bike to most places) etc.

BD24
02-17-2019, 11:09 PM
IMHO the trick with any big city is some sacrifice. Other countries and other big cities people are totally fine living in smaller spaces.

Yes, its way more expensive in austin, especially in and around downtown, but if you are willing to live smaller, you can have a pretty amazing quality of life.

Most of us that grew up in SA or similar cities want a 4000 square foot home, etc, so the thought of condo living or small home living seems off; especially for the money. But since the wife and I have lived in Austin for years and had smaller places, we actually found we really love that life style. Less maintenance, active (since you can walk/bike to most places) etc.
I actually have a 3700 sqft home at the moment. All of the maintenance and cleaning gets a bit annoying :lol

Will probably look more around 2k sqft if we move to Austin. Maybe something around 1700 if we want to live a bit closer to downtown. Alot of that depends on how many kids we have though, currently just the 1, but we want at least 1 more, maybe 2.

The biggest draw to me in Austin is all of the extra outdoor activities and parks. I also like that downtown is so much more vibrant and alive than Downtown SA, downtown SA has improved since I moved here, but it doesn't hold a candle to Austin.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
02-17-2019, 11:49 PM
I'm suprised to hear that Austin is fans of the spurs, i assumed there would be some but i've always gotten the sense that Austin thinks it's better than SA and thus wouldn't be interested in their teams.

spurs10
02-18-2019, 02:41 AM

Most of us that grew up in SA or similar cities want a 4000 square foot home, etc, so the thought of condo living or small home living seems off; especially for the money. But since the wife and I have lived in Austin for years and had smaller places, we actually found we really love that life style. Less maintenance, active (since you can walk/bike to most places) etc. Spot on! I could extrapolate on this, but this about covers it.

spurs10
02-18-2019, 02:52 AM
I'm suprised to hear that Austin is fans of the spurs, i assumed there would be some but i've always gotten the sense that Austin thinks it's better than SA and thus wouldn't be interested in their teams. Funny enough I think it's more a SA thing thinking Austin 'thinks' that. Especially now, I hear of people moving to SA all the time. I have lived in both places and see the charm in both cities.

Twisted_Dawg
02-18-2019, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=spurs10;9709308]You would be right!! Austin is Spurs town![/QdUOTE]

I lived in Austin from 1980-1993 and the local media RARELY covered the Spurs. The Rockets got more coverage than the Spurs. The American Statesman rarely mentioned the Spurs and if they did it was wire copy from the AP. All the covered were UT athletics. I had to go to the Jim's Coffee shop to buy San Antonio papers to keep up with the Spurs. It's still my perception that people living in Austin could give a fuck about the Spurs and view San Antonio as a backward city.

BD24
02-18-2019, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=spurs10;9709308]You would be right!! Austin is Spurs town![/QdUOTE]

I lived in Austin from 1980-1993 and the local media RARELY covered the Spurs. The Rockets got more coverage than the Spurs. The American Statesman rarely mentioned the Spurs and if they did it was wire copy from the AP. All the covered were UT athletics. I had to go to the Jim's Coffee shop to buy San Antonio papers to keep up with the Spurs. It's still my perception that people living in Austin could give a fuck about the Spurs and view San Antonio as a backward city.
You lived there pre Timmy. I imagine they became more of a Spurs town when we started winning titles if I had to guess

TXstbobcat
02-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Funny enough I think it's more a SA thing thinking Austin 'thinks' that. Especially now, I hear of people moving to SA all the time. I have lived in both places and see the charm in both cities.

I grew up in Austin and have lived in SA for the past 18 months. I prefer living in SA a lot more than Austin. Housing is so much more affordable here and dealing with Austin traffic sucked.

Millennial_Messiah
02-18-2019, 01:29 PM
The 7th biggest city in the us being considered small market is moronic anyways tbh.

It's the fact that there's literally nothing outside of Loop 1604 all the way until you reach Austin and nothing on all the other sides.

There are a lot of smaller cities that are bigger markets because the metro area is much bigger, expansive and more populous tbh.

Kobe'sAchilles
02-18-2019, 01:43 PM
I don't know who designed Austin but it is the worst designed city in Texas when it comes to traffic. I lived there for a year and 35 is the worst. Even taking back roads (bc 35 is the worst) the traffic is horrible. The houses there are ridiculously expensive as well. My boss paid like 400k for her home and it was like the same size one I grew up in (which today is worth 180k). It amazes me how expensive it was. Sure it was in a nice area but it just it doesn't seem worth it to me.

i rather live in San Antonio bc housing is cheaper and I know all the ways around traffic so that's easier to deal with. And party in Austin on the weekends. I'm too busy anyways to really enjoy the nightlife during the week than when I was younger. But nothing beats them UT hoes though...

Play Boban
02-18-2019, 01:50 PM
It's the fact that there's literally nothing outside of Loop 1604 all the way until you reach Austin and nothing on all the other sides.

There are a lot of smaller cities that are bigger markets because the metro area is much bigger, expansive and more populous tbh.

True tbh. The lack of a metro area around San Antonio has always been odd.

spurs10
02-18-2019, 02:00 PM
I grew up in Austin and have lived in SA for the past 18 months. I prefer living in SA a lot more than Austin. Housing is so much more affordable here and dealing with Austin traffic sucked. There ya have it. This is the sentiment of many. Especially depending on where you are in life. My wife and I lived in SA as kids and I came to Austin in my late teens for business reasons. These days I enjoy both, but live in the hill country. I'm closer to the games now...so that's a good thing!
:flag:

BD24
02-18-2019, 02:08 PM

WTF are you talking about. There is decent sized cities scattered along 35 all the way up to Austin. Obviously San Antonio doesn't have the amount of suburbs that alot of metros do, but you come off as someone who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about per par. NW and NE both have decent sized suburbs scattered outside the city. Schertz, New Braunfels, Boerne, Helotes, Universal City etc.

Millennial_Messiah
02-18-2019, 02:09 PM
I don't know who designed Austin but it is the worst designed city in Texas when it comes to traffic. I lived there for a year and 35 is the worst. Even taking back roads (bc 35 is the worst) the traffic is horrible. The houses there are ridiculously expensive as well. My boss paid like 400k for her home and it was like the same size one I grew up in (which today is worth 180k). It amazes me how expensive it was. Sure it was in a nice area but it just it doesn't seem worth it to me.

i rather live in San Antonio bc housing is cheaper and I know all the ways around traffic so that's easier to deal with. And party in Austin on the weekends. I'm too busy anyways to really enjoy the nightlife during the week than when I was younger. But nothing beats them UT hoes though...

DFW is worse. Too many stupid toll rolls and not enough options around them

Millennial_Messiah
02-18-2019, 02:09 PM
WTF are you talking about. There is decent sized cities scattered along 35 all the way up to Austin. Obviously San Antonio doesn't have the amount of suburbs that alot of metros do, but you come off as someone who doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about per par. NW and NE both have decent sized suburbs scattered outside the city. Schertz, New Braunfels, Boerne, Helotes, Universal City etc.
Those suburbs you listed are all tiny and far less numerous compared to other "smaller" cities in "bigger" markets.

BD24
02-18-2019, 02:10 PM
True tbh. The lack of a metro area around San Antonio has always been odd.
The city annexed alot of it in so they had to pay city taxes. Alot of the oulieing cities are kind of putting their foot down on that now though and not allowing it.

BD24
02-18-2019, 02:13 PM
Those suburbs you listed are all tiny and far less numerous compared to other "smaller" cities in "bigger" markets.
Obviously, I stated as much. To say there is nothing outside of 1604 though until Austin is another retard Andy take though tbh. Not sure I would call New Braunfels tiny as far as suburbs go. They are approaching 75k people, while small compared to the likes of Plano I wouldn't neccesarily say it is tiny.

Millennial_Messiah
02-18-2019, 02:47 PM
Obviously, I stated as much. To say there is nothing outside of 1604 though until Austin is another retard Andy take though tbh. Not sure I would call New Braunfels tiny as far as suburbs go. They are approaching 75k people, while small compared to the likes of Plano I wouldn't neccesarily say it is tiny.

Plano... Richardson... Irving... Frisco... Lewisville... Denton... The Colony... Arlington... are all substantially bigger than any SA suburbs, and then you have about 10 more that I didn't list that are roughly the size of a place like New Braunfels.

Over Christmas break when I was last in SA my mom and I went just north of 1604 towards Bulverde and it was a crappy two-lane two-way road like you see in the country. Basically a cow path :lol

Not to say there is NOTHING outside of SA, but other than the 35 corridor it's really sparse... SA really has next to nothing to the west, due east and especially south.

spurs10
02-18-2019, 04:39 PM
Plano... Richardson... Irving... Frisco... Lewisville... Denton... The Colony... Arlington... are all substantially bigger than any SA suburbs, and then you have about 10 more that I didn't list that are roughly the size of a place like New Braunfels.

Over Christmas break when I was last in SA my mom and I went just north of 1604 towards Bulverde and it was a crappy two-lane two-way road like you see in the country. Basically a cow path :lol

Not to say there is NOTHING outside of SA, but other than the 35 corridor it's really sparse... SA really has next to nothing to the west, due east and especially south. I hope it stays that way.

stu scotts eye
02-18-2019, 04:40 PM
I'm suprised to hear that Austin is fans of the spurs, i assumed there would be some but i've always gotten the sense that Austin thinks it's better than SA and thus wouldn't be interested in their teams.

Grew up in SA for 18 years, lived in ATX for the past 17, so I think I qualify to speak here.

Back in mid 2000s, roughly 50% of Spurs games were shown in ATX. For the past 5-7 yrs, 100% of Spurs games are televised. Mostly on FSSW now if not nationally televised, but used to show more on local KBVO type channels.

Personally I love ATX and would never want to move back to SA. But SA has closed the gap on overall livability for a young professional.

Housing definitely cost more within 8 miles of downtown in each direction, but worth it for ppl who work dtown like me. And it has appreciated fairly linearly over the last 20 yrs. There are other options outside small housing/condo living, you just have to be OK driving 40-60 minutes to suburbia each way.

Then again, when I am at 35/1604, it takes me 45 mins to get to La Cantera also. So while ATX traffic blows, SA is spread out so much that total mileage blows.

koriwhat
02-18-2019, 04:51 PM
I grew up in Austin and have lived in SA for the past 18 months. I prefer living in SA a lot more than Austin. Housing is so much more affordable here and dealing with Austin traffic sucked.

it'll be that way soon enough. i've heard the same for decades but now i actually believe the statement. all you have to do is look towards stone oak for what's to come.

Millennial_Messiah
02-18-2019, 06:30 PM
Grew up in SA for 18 years, lived in ATX for the past 17, so I think I qualify to speak here.

Back in mid 2000s, roughly 50% of Spurs games were shown in ATX. For the past 5-7 yrs, 100% of Spurs games are televised. Mostly on FSSW now if not nationally televised, but used to show more on local KBVO type channels.

Personally I love ATX and would never want to move back to SA. But SA has closed the gap on overall livability for a young professional.

Housing definitely cost more within 8 miles of downtown in each direction, but worth it for ppl who work dtown like me. And it has appreciated fairly linearly over the last 20 yrs. There are other options outside small housing/condo living, you just have to be OK driving 40-60 minutes to suburbia each way.

Then again, when I am at 35/1604, it takes me 45 mins to get to La Cantera also. So while ATX traffic blows, SA is spread out so much that total mileage blows.

DFW is far worse with mileage. Almost rivals SoCal.

Spur|n|Austin
02-19-2019, 12:15 AM

https://media.tenor.com/images/17e26682181fb9c4f95fda97e807a1d4/tenor.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-19-2019, 12:46 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't in Charlotte to participate in the ASG activities being the attention whore that he is.

exstatic
02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
I'm surprised he wasn't in Charlotte to participate in the ASG activities being the attention whore that he is.

You forgot the blue font...

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-19-2019, 12:53 PM
You forgot the blue font...

True....

bayareaspursfan
02-19-2019, 01:02 PM
What do y'all think about round Rock? Planning to move there

JPB
02-19-2019, 02:21 PM
The real estate thread.

Pavlov
02-19-2019, 03:17 PM
What do y'all think about round Rock? Planning to move thereWillco is still a little backwards compared to Austin proper, but Round Rock itself is doing some nice things with its downtown and planning a Domain-type development at 35 and 45. For a suburb, you could definitely do worse up here (Hutto, Manor).

Arcadian
02-19-2019, 09:06 PM
Gus's Fried Chicken is good but overrated

BD24
02-19-2019, 09:11 PM
What do y'all think about round Rock? Planning to move there
I would reccomend Cedar Park instead if you are going to choose a suburb. About the same distance from DT, alot more companies on the NW side of town, and you are much closer to the river and the lake in Cedar Park

BD24
02-19-2019, 09:12 PM
Gus's Fried Chicken is good but overrated
Its tough to beat for the price. The fact it is so cheap on top of being really solid is what makes it great imo

bayareaspursfan
02-19-2019, 09:26 PM
Oh ok. I work in temple so we need something closer to that direction and not too far away from Austin. Austin is the only City that reminds me of the Bay area.

BD24
02-19-2019, 09:40 PM
Oh ok. I work in temple so we need something closer to that direction and not too far away from Austin. Austin is the only City that reminds me of the Bay area.
didn't realize you were gonna be working in temple. In that case Round Rock is a good way to go.

Play Boban
02-19-2019, 10:17 PM
All I need is Whataburger

lebomb
02-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Having downtown Austin and UT next to IH 35 makes Austin totally blow. I was in Austin this past weekend and even though the city has lots to offer, I would never live there. Getting around is a pain in the ass, even on a Sunday afternoon!!! Literally one way to go North and South without hitting an out of the way toll road kills it. With SA downtown being in the middle of the city with loops and cross highways to get around downtown, it makes it much easier to avoid traffic most of the time.

stu scotts eye
02-20-2019, 08:14 AM
Having downtown Austin and UT next to IH 35 makes Austin totally blow. I was in Austin this past weekend and even though the city has lots to offer, I would never live there. Getting around is a pain in the ass, even on a Sunday afternoon!!! Literally one way to go North and South without hitting an out of the way toll road kills it. With SA downtown being in the middle of the city with loops and cross highways to get around downtown, it makes it much easier to avoid traffic most of the time.

Someone should introduce you to Mopac (Hwy 1). I never go on 35 unless I have to. You can get to Mopac from dtown (west 5th, cesar chavez, west15th) or from campus (24th/Windsor).

You also came this past wknd when the marathon shut down half of dtown.

You can also avoid 35 by taking Lamar,guadaluoe,red river north. Wanna go south from dtown try south congress, south 1st, or even lamar to manchaca.

Once u learn backways you'll see..

MultiTroll
02-20-2019, 09:22 AM
Would love to talk to Dunks in person about many things.
Including NBA reffing past and present.

Arcadian
02-20-2019, 11:42 AM
Its tough to beat for the price. The fact it is so cheap on top of being really solid is what makes it great imo
I had a good impression from my first experience, but the last 2 times my chicken was dry and stale... They're not consistent enough to be great.

BD24
02-20-2019, 12:52 PM
I had a good impression from my first experience, but the last 2 times my chicken was dry and stale... They're not consistent enough to be great.
Yea unfourtanetly with chains consistency starts to be an issue

Ruler
02-20-2019, 03:07 PM

Yes. I went over to someone’s house on his street in the dominion for super bowl sunday. Definitely still lives there. Never have gotten a chance to meet him yet, though.

BD24
02-20-2019, 03:31 PM
Yes. I went over to someone’s house on his street in the dominion for super bowl sunday. Definitely still lives there. Never have gotten a chance to meet him yet, though.
Dominion is nice as fuck. Used to have to go there for work on occasion.