PDA

View Full Version : Weight and fitness goals 2019

Fabbs
02-20-2019, 09:53 AM
17% fatty altho for measuring body fat vs muscle, bone what is everyone's take on accuracy?
Ever had?:

DEXA (Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry) Scan. In a DEXA scan, X-ray technology is used to estimate lean tissue, bone, mineral, and fat across regions of the body with amazing accuracy.

Hyrdrostatic underwater weighing? I think the NFL used to rely on this.

3. Bod Pod
https://www.nifs.org/fitness-center/fitness-assessments/bodpod

Fabbs
02-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Goals:

Playing weight of 192. Altho if muscle% raises will be happy with 195-200.
Appears I am one of those whom bad carbs including gluten must be avoided like the plague. Just cannot get away with even small amounts of junk carbs. Even good carbs I need to limit.

Seem to thrive on veggies including romaine and all green lettuce types. Shrooms are now part of my everyday diet for many things including continued excellent cock health. For real, look it up. White button mushrooms, more. YVMV as with all food and supplement related.

Quinoa has been great. Will continue 3Xs a week. Some weight lifters I know are doing it 7Xs a week with good results.

How many days a week to lift and what body parts? Seems to be an endless list of opinions. The old school M legs Tue arms Wed rest Th legs F arms seems to be outdated. Thoughts? The aforementioned used the "it takes 48 hours after tearing down (lifting) to be ready to go again. Now I know lifters who lift every day and look fine. Not meathead looking, just cut.

My goal continues to be the cut-buffed look. I don't want to bulk up. To each his own, I'm not down on the Bulkies.

Fabbs
02-20-2019, 10:07 AM
Resistance bands.
Going to be doing these in lieu of much of the iron.
Thoughts?

SpursforSix
02-20-2019, 11:04 AM
Resistance bands.
Going to be doing these in lieu of much of the iron.
Thoughts?

I would probably do resistance bands. But to get to 350 lbs of tension...it just takes too many of them.

LittleCriminal
02-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Athleanx.com

Fabbs
02-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Athleanx.com
Anyone you know IRL who has done this?

(I know this is TrollTalk but it fine if you don't)