PDA

View Full Version : GOP candidate Mark Harris calls for new election in NC-9

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 03:42 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/embattled-gop-house-candidate-mark-harris-takes-stand-after-emotional-testimony-from-son

There's now a mountain of evidence and testimony showing that a voter fraud scheme was committed by a contractor for Mark Harris to the point where he was paying people $150 for every 50 absentee ballots collected.

Why isn't there any outrage from the :cry rampant voter fraud :cry crowd about this? Don't they care about the integrity of our election system?

midnightpulp
02-21-2019, 03:44 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/embattled-gop-house-candidate-mark-harris-takes-stand-after-emotional-testimony-from-son

There's now a mountain of evidence and testimony showing that a voter fraud scheme was committed by a contractor for Mark Harris to the point where he was paying people $150 for every 50 absentee ballots collected.

Why isn't there any outrage from the :cry rampant voter fraud :cry crowd about this? Don't they care about the integrity of our election system?

No tweets about this from Lord Trump, I take it?

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 03:45 PM
Props to Harris's son for not letting the fact his dad was running compromise his integrity :tu

David Hogg
I’m sure Kris Kobach is hard at work on this.

Spurminator

He's too busy tweeting about Jussie.

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 03:47 PM
Naw, his outrage about voter fraud is strictly with respect to conspiracy theories about illegals voting that are pure conjecture.

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 03:53 PM
*crickets* from Republicans on this story

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 04:10 PM
good to see some integrity tbh

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 04:33 PM
New election now ordered by North Carolina:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/21/mark-harris-calls-for-new-election-in-north-carolina-9th-district.html

Pavlov
02-21-2019, 04:36 PM
Props to Harris's son for not letting the fact his dad was running compromise his integrity :tuDid you see Harris try to drag his son during the next hearing?

Holy shit.

I think the Republicans got together after that and told him he no longer had their support in this fight.

Dem family vaules....

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 04:38 PM
Did you see Harris try to drag his son during the next hearing?

Holy shit.

I think the Republicans got together after that and told him he no longer had their support in this fight.

Dem family vaules....
Naw what'd he say about his son? Hardly behavior I'd expect from a pastor :lol

There's going to be a new primary so the much more electable incumbent in the district will probably be able to run and win, not a fucking chance there's any GOP support if Harris tries to run again.

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 04:41 PM
This actually works out well for the Republicans. This race was only close because Harris is a crazy teabagger who alienated the moderate vote. Get an establishment GOP candidate in the race and it's an easy W.

Pavlov
02-21-2019, 04:42 PM
Naw what'd he say about his son? Hardly behavior I'd expect from a pastor :lol

There's going to be a new primary so the much more electable incumbent in the district will probably be able to run and win, not a fucking chance there's any GOP support if Harris tries to run again.Harris said he didn’t follow his son’s advice in part because John Harris was just 27 years old at the time and added that the younger Harris is “a little judgmental and has a little taste of arrogance and some other things. And I’m very proud of him and love him with all my heart.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/candidate-says-new-congressional-election-warranted-in-north-carolina/2019/02/21/acae4482-35e0-11e9-854a-7a14d7fec96a_story.html?noredirect=on

:lol

Isitjustme?
02-21-2019, 04:43 PM
Attention ducks

Chris

Nathan89

We finally actually found wide scale voter fraud thats parts of a conspiracy plot. Like this is not even a joke this is the first actual evidence of it

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 04:47 PM
Harris said he didn’t follow his son’s advice in part because John Harris was just 27 years old at the time and added that the younger Harris is “a little judgmental and has a little taste of arrogance and some other things. And I’m very proud of him and love him with all my heart.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/candidate-says-new-congressional-election-warranted-in-north-carolina/2019/02/21/acae4482-35e0-11e9-854a-7a14d7fec96a_story.html?noredirect=on

:lol
:lmao "a little judgmental"

Dowless had previously been accused of voter fraud in 2016 and he's been separately convicted of perjury and fraud. It's not exactly a surprise that he's at the center of this whole thing. Harris hired him literally because he was impressed by how Dowless was able to magically drum up a shitload of absentee votes in the 2016 primary for Todd Johnson, despite various allegations of wrongdoing with respect to those votes.

Harris's hands aren't clean here. He wanted a leg up and saw a way to get one.

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 04:55 PM
Attention ducks (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13)

Chris (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1656)

Nathan89 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20260)

We finally actually found wide scale voter fraud thats parts of a conspiracy plot. Like this is not even a joke this is the first actual evidence of it
Exactly, this isn't hypothetical voter fraud that may or may not be happening and may or may not be prevented with voter ID laws, it's ACTUAL VOTER FRAUD that without a shadow of a doubt took place, and there's not a peep from the self-appointed voter fraud police about it.

:lmao Republicans being deeply concerned with voter ID laws that impact poor minorities the most but not giving a shit about convicted felons being able to work on campaigns and administer elections.

Spurminator
02-21-2019, 07:52 PM
Here's a not-so-secret secret. They're okay with fraud that benefits conservatives. They don't really think everyone should have a vote, especially if they're not real white Americans.

ducks
02-21-2019, 07:58 PM
I knew there was voter fraud in USA elections

ducks
02-21-2019, 07:59 PM
Here's a not-so-secret secret. They're okay with fraud that benefits conservatives. They don't really think everyone should have a vote, especially if they're not real white Americans.

I could care less what skin color some is
You do

TSA
02-21-2019, 08:00 PM

I’ve been told here there is no such thing as voter fraud

Will Hunting
02-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Explain how voter ID laws would have prevented this particular voter fraud scheme.

Im all ears.

AaronY
02-21-2019, 08:39 PM
It's a self fulfilling prophecy for the Republicans! They sure come out of this looking good that R party does for sure!

spurraider21
02-21-2019, 08:58 PM
from who?

boutons_deux
02-21-2019, 09:48 PM
in person voting fraud doesn't exist

Repug voter suppression and Repug counting fraud exist.

Isitjustme?
02-22-2019, 02:15 AM

Not rampant or anything coordinated..at least until these republicans now

Winehole23
02-22-2019, 02:17 AM
it's not every day, or even every decade -- in fact, I can't cite a single other instance -- that a Congressional election got spoiled by election fraud.

Pavlov
02-22-2019, 02:24 AM
I’ve been told here there is no such thing as voter fraudActually this is ballot fraud.

See if you can tell the difference.

ElNono
02-22-2019, 07:08 AM
This is just reaffirmation of what I always say when somebody brings up the voter fraud canard... the system works, they largely get caught.

boutons_deux
02-22-2019, 09:28 AM
This is just reaffirmation of what I always say when somebody brings up the voter fraud canard... the system works, they largely get caught.

Repugs in OH, SoS Kenneth Blackwell, didn't get caught in 2004 when he threw OH, and WH, back to dubya. The computer guy who did the "counting fraud" trick from KY talked about it, then was killed, murdered?, soon after in a small plane crash due to "mechanical failure".

Luka Doncic
02-22-2019, 09:46 AM
Republicans are really this desperate :lmao “See! Voter fraud exists! We just did it!”

Will Hunting
02-22-2019, 10:52 AM
Republicans are really this desperate :lmao “See! Voter fraud exists! We just did it!”
Pavlov brings up a good point that this isn’t even voter fraud, it’s ballot fraud, and it obviously has jack shit to do with the voter ID laws Republicans claim are very very important.

spurraider21
02-22-2019, 01:14 PM
committing fraud to pwn the libs by proving that fraud exists

Will Hunting
02-22-2019, 01:19 PM
committing fraud to pwn the libs by proving that fraud exists
Committed ballot fraud just to trigger the libs!

You libs are too easy! Shouldn't be so easily triggered by schemes that try to compromise the Democratic process and one's right to vote!

boutons_deux
02-23-2019, 12:18 PM
Court Voids Two Constitutional Amendments

The Wake County Superior Court today ruled (https://www.southernenvironment.org/uploads/words_docs/doc03389420190222171503.pdf) that

the illegally gerrymandered North Carolina General Assembly did not have legal authority to place constitutional amendments on the ballot

because it did not act with the full will of the people of North Carolina.

The court voided two constitutional amendment proposals –

related to imposing a photo voter ID requirement and

lowering the state income tax cap –

that were hurriedly enacted in the final 2018 special session of the illegally-constituted legislature before it left office.

https://www.southernenvironment.org/news-and-press/press-releases/court-voids-two-constitutional-amendments

damn, Repugs gonna get rid of that/those County Sup Court judges ASAP

Winehole23
02-23-2019, 12:22 PM
committing fraud to pwn the libs by proving that fraud existsthen pretending to have two strokes to avoid perjury, then asking for a new election!

Will Hunting
02-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Mark Harris not running in the new election due to "health reasons"

The incumbent who got primaried can probably win the candidacy now and the election for that matter, so Republicans probably come out ahead here.

DMX7
02-27-2019, 10:56 AM
Wow, voter fraud is real! And who will be paying for this new election?

Winehole23
02-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Not voter fraud. It's ballot fraud.