02-22-2019, 08:14 PM
:pop: but it worked in the 1st half so I'll go to it again

John B
02-22-2019, 08:14 PM
and Kawhi struggling :lmao

offset formation
02-22-2019, 08:17 PM
and Kawhi struggling :lmao

To say the least. He looks passive...disengaged I'd almost say. He's such a strange man. I'd never invest a max contract in that guy because I don't know that hismind is even in it anymore, nevermind his quad.

Slob
02-22-2019, 08:42 PM
Putting Mills on Kawhi is like guarding him with a WNBA player.

phxspurfan
02-22-2019, 08:59 PM
Kawhi is a bitch so not surprised he's struggling. Not sure what happened after the championship years to him but he's a shell of his former MVP self, in terms of dominance. Sure, he can volume score, when he decides to even play the game. But that's a speck of what he used to deliver when he was on the Spurs.

BackHome
02-22-2019, 09:10 PM
So glad we did not give KY that huge mega Million contract

jermaine
02-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Fuck Kawhi... He's bitch. I wouldn't really want that nigga. Pay him all that money an he only plays half a season.

SpurPadre
02-22-2019, 09:14 PM
I fucking hate Forbes...

SpurPadre
02-22-2019, 09:14 PM
So, what happened to dropping 50, DeRozan?

SpurPadre
02-22-2019, 09:15 PM
That's game

tonski17
02-22-2019, 09:41 PM
it worked because he was quicker but when the raptors shifted to posting kiwi vs patty then the problem started. where's Rudy gay down the stretch?

tonski17
02-22-2019, 09:42 PM
I fucking hate Forbes...

he had a bad game on both ends of the floor. the spurs should trade this guy.hehe costly turnover by DDR was the play of the game.hehe

SpurPadre
02-22-2019, 09:50 PM
he had a bad game on both ends of the floor. the spurs should trade this guy.hehe costly turnover by DDR was the play of the game.hehe

No team would want him. If it weren't for the Spurs, he'd be in the Iraqi league, tbh.

SouthTexasRancher
02-22-2019, 10:23 PM
Pop, why do you continue to start a "not ready for prime time" player, i.e., Bryn Forbes? He is at best a 2nd team'er but, probably closer to 3rd team bench warmer. JMHO :ihit

YGWHI
02-22-2019, 11:16 PM
I liked Patty on him because it wasn't really a single coverage in most minutes. Pop did a great job to get Patty and one of LMA/Jakob/Davis/Rudy synchronized to double Kawhi and it worked all game until last quarter when DD was on him.

Then Kawhi finally looked like himself in the 4th
11 PTS
3 REB
4-6 FG

bic50
02-22-2019, 11:54 PM
Fuck Kawhi... He's bitch. I wouldn't really want that nigga. Pay him all that money an he only plays half a season.
You didn't have a choice

bic50
02-22-2019, 11:54 PM
Kawhi is a bitch so not surprised he's struggling. Not sure what happened after the championship years to him but he's a shell of his former MVP self, in terms of dominance. Sure, he can volume score, when he decides to even play the game. But that's a speck of what he used to deliver when he was on the Spurs.
Still mad

YGWHI
02-22-2019, 11:56 PM
Call me crazy but I loved Patty in this game. And Davis. And Jakob. Plus, Belli was hot.

Our 2nd unit is getting better and better.

phxspurfan
02-23-2019, 12:03 AM
Call me crazy but I loved Patty in this game. And Davis. And Jakob. Plus, Belli was hot.

Our 2nd unit was playing out of their minds for being on the road. LMA with 6 points is what killed us. Very winnable game.

YGWHI
02-23-2019, 12:09 AM
Our 2nd unit was playing out of their minds for being on the road. LMA with 6 points is what killed us. Very winnable game.
Agree with you. This was one of the best shooting games on the road in this season for our shooters. Amazing job.

I guess someone on TV said LMA was sick with a cold. That would explain his bad game.

RD2191
02-23-2019, 12:18 AM
Kawhi shitting all over OP with his signature steal and dunk. :lol

GAustex
02-23-2019, 01:04 AM
It was right there...a winnable game
Until numbnuts fell down and let quitter steal his lunch money
That was a bad as it gets...all star/high paid player...was a joke

r0drig0lac
02-23-2019, 05:20 AM
the fact that Greg put Patty in Kawhi, should be seen exactly the opposite way.

jermaine
02-23-2019, 08:52 AM
You didn't have a choice

I'm not saying on the Spurs.... I'm saying in general. An to that nigga who posted after you, I'm not upset. I'm disappointed!

spursparker9
02-23-2019, 09:10 AM

He meant dropping on the owner or GM.

Not his fellow former teammates/best friend

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:12 AM
I fucking hate Forbes...

Still, DDR lost the game, not Forbes

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:13 AM

They should in fact close the games. Instead we keep having crybaby handjobbing the ball ending up losing it or shooting short of the rim...again and again...

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:19 AM
It was right there...a winnable game
Until numbnuts fell down and let quitter steal his lunch money
That was a bad as it gets...all star/high paid player...was a joke

The a-hole wanted the free throws to close the game...God I can't take him any longer, I daydream Pop just dumping him on the bench and forgetting his existence.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-23-2019, 11:31 AM

probably meant purchasing a Nephew jersey from the raptors store

SpurPadre
02-23-2019, 01:45 PM
Still, DDR lost the game, not Forbes

I hope Forbes buys Zion's shoes, tbh.

monty4329
02-23-2019, 03:01 PM
I hope Forbes buys Zion's shoes, tbh.

Forbes doesn't need to buy shoes, he gets them for free since he is a starter in the NBA and makes millions to perform his job.
Somebody else instead tries to jinx him, besides having to buy his own garments. To each his own, I guess.

TD 21
02-23-2019, 05:40 PM
If that didn't encapsulate the current state of this franchise, I don't know what does . . . actually, maybe I do. Them pissing away a road game and losing in embarrassing fashion against a good team on national TV.

I can't tell if that was the geniuses way of telling scumbag what he thinks about his ability or lack thereof to beat them with the pass (since they obviously had to hard double on the catch), a message to DeRozan (the only somewhat suitable physical match-up, with Gay needed on Siakam) or both, but whatever the case, the organization should be humiliated.

All the apologists who criticize available wings who fit the physical profile but don't have the advanced stats to match, here's what they don't say: They at least don't require a hard double on the catch, opening up A+ looking and gifting a poor 3-point shooting team free points.

Slippy
02-23-2019, 06:03 PM
Ya like orhers said it worked. They knew he wouldnt pass ball so usually sent a late double .

Coach X
02-23-2019, 06:58 PM
Mills on nephew worked surprisingly well. DeRozan on him was worst but the team lost the game defensively near the rim, allowing several Raptors to score into the paint, after rebounds, fouling inside. Specially in the second half. In the final period, Jeremy Lin caused too many problems to Spurs defense as well. Poetl continues being inconsistent protecting the rim, his ratio good to bad defensive actions is something like 1:3 , very poor.

DeRozan played well but I was expecting something even better. That costly turnover is 50% on Pop's shoulders: DDR is not a point guard, and bringing the ball to the offensive court is a PG task. It's a common mistake a lot of superstars make. The team is full of guards who should have taken the ball to the offense. Hopefully, the team learns and avoids this in the most important possession of a game.

Millennial_Messiah
02-23-2019, 07:53 PM
:claw:claw:claw:claw:claw

that's what happened the SA Shits :lol

SpurPadre
02-23-2019, 09:50 PM
:claw:claw:claw:claw:claw

that's what happened the SA Shits :lol

GTFO , Load Management didn't do shit. He was simply an opportunist taking advantage of the most atrocious 4th quarter execution of the season.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 10:28 PM
As always, seeing Mills and Forbes on the floor together in the 4th quarter of any game makes my stomach turn. Not a lot of options this season, though.

Millennial_Messiah
02-23-2019, 10:37 PM
GTFO , Load Management didn't do shit. He was simply an opportunist taking advantage of the most atrocious 4th quarter execution of the season.

:claw

Julie Holt gonna sell 'em to Microsoft... Seattle Sonics 2023 :toast

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 10:40 PM
:claw

Julie Holt gonna sell 'em to Microsoft... Seattle Sonics 2023 :toast

So Seattle with have two teams? The Seattle Pelicans and the Seattle Sonics? The rich get richer I suppose.

bic50
02-23-2019, 10:55 PM
He did get that steal off demar

Millennial_Messiah
02-24-2019, 12:40 AM
So Seattle with have two teams? The Seattle Pelicans and the Seattle Sonics? The rich get richer I suppose.

They won't be called the Pelicans if they leave Louisiana. Louisiana is the Pelican State. It's as much a part of the culture as Mardi Gras, crawfish, fried oysters, gumbo, jambalaya, tits, king cake, green/yellow/purple beads, and Katrina.. err... etoufee. Sort of like taking the lone star, cowboy heritage, frito pies out of Texas.

If the Pelicans leave to Seattle soon (they should, honestly)... they'll be the Sonics. So the Spurs can move to somewhere else more deserving of a team... perhaps one of the Missouri cities, they're pretty starved over there.

offset formation
02-24-2019, 08:25 AM
They won't be called the Pelicans if they leave Louisiana. Louisiana is the Pelican State. It's as much a part of the culture as Mardi Gras, crawfish, fried oysters, gumbo, jambalaya, tits, king cake, green/yellow/purple beads, and Katrina.. err... etoufee. Sort of like taking the lone star, cowboy heritage, frito pies out of Texas.

If the Pelicans leave to Seattle soon (they should, honestly)... they'll be the Sonics. So the Spurs can move to somewhere else more deserving of a team... perhaps one of the Missouri cities, they're pretty starved over there.

What pile of hot, stinking mess is this?

2019 Goals:

-$125,000 or Greater W2 Income
-Move out of Texas
-Gain at least 10 pounds of muscle and weigh >135
-Eat less sugar and more veggies
-Find a new serious girl
-Don't die

#LifeLongLibertarian
#PulloutRockstar

If you are in the Cincinnati area or would like to support an up and coming musician, please check out MARA MOON:

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-24-2019, 05:17 PM

I think I'll need to remember the blue font from now on.

Millennial_Messiah
02-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Why do Shits fans get so salty whenever someone starts an intelligent and practical conversation regarding relocation? :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-24-2019, 05:26 PM
Why do Shits fans get so salty whenever someone starts an intelligent and practical conversation regarding relocation? :lol

The Spurs have one of the most loyal fan bases in the country, and are steeped in tradition. The only dynastic small market franchise in NBA history. So I'm essentially still waiting for that intelligent and practical conversation. Maybe you put one out there. Why would you suggest relocating them? Just to troll?

Millennial_Messiah
02-24-2019, 06:05 PM
The Spurs have one of the most loyal fan bases in the country, and are steeped in tradition. The only dynastic small market franchise in NBA history. So I'm essentially still waiting for that intelligent and practical conversation. Maybe you put one out there. Why would you suggest relocating them? Just to troll?

No, because it's practical. David Robinson is gone, Tim Duncan is finally gone and the team is on a serious downward spiral into mediocrity and below. This dynastic small market franchise only survived because of the incredible sustained success. San Antonio in a vacuum is a laid back city that doesn't really care about sports (except HS football and, to an extent, the Cowboys) but the Spurs formed a special place in their hearts starting with the Admiral and lasting all the way through the championships to the end of the TD era.

We all thought we had another star to tide us over for this next generation in Kawhi Leonard, but he broke the 25-year streak of loyalty and betrayed us. That was a polar magnetic shift that has plummeted the Spurs from being a perennial Western Conference contender to a mediocre team in 2019 and likely down into the basement of the league soon, very soon.

Out of all major pro sports franchises, I simply don't believe the Spurs can survive being bad and out of playoff contention for any significant length of years. Not in San Antonio. It's nothing like the Knicks or Lakers who have the market to survive being bad for a decade or more. The Spurs can't survive bad in San Antonio. They will lose money. Attendance will drop to 4,000 per game or less, mostly in the mid and upper decks. Casual fans (which make up >90% of any pro sports team's fanbase) across the metro area will prefer to get a head start on sleep, or eat tacos or burgers or binge watch Netflix and not even care about the Spurs game. Is it football season already?, meh, wake me up then, they will say. People across SA have already, slowly but surely, stopped watching the Spurs since TD walked out "that door", and even more-so since the Zaza Pachulia moment and our only hope, our future, our young franchise player bolting like the plague to Canada.

Soon, very soon, Popovich will be gone (he's already got one foot out the door for sure), Aldridge will move on like the rest and the city will be left with a rotting egg: a raw, listless team of young jocks who resemble the average pick-up ballers from the local duck pond court. The team will face a nuclear winter of 20-something or worse win seasons and "crowds" that resemble those at your average UTSA baseball games.

The team will bleed money, and the Holts will be forced to sell or leave town, so they will grudgingly sell, and the buying party will make the easiest decision of their lives by paying the arena lease-breakage penalty and relocate the team far, far away to begin a new future in a profitable and more exciting city. Ultimately, San Antonio taxpayers will revel and applaud the decision to get that albatross off their backs and this city will return to its roots as the laid-back, Western, BBQ and tacos, easy-goin' warm-and-humid retreat that it was born to be.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
02-24-2019, 07:47 PM
No, because it's practical. David Robinson is gone, Tim Duncan is finally gone and the team is on a serious downward spiral into mediocrity and below. This dynastic small market franchise only survived because of the incredible sustained success. San Antonio in a vacuum is a laid back city that doesn't really care about sports (except HS football and, to an extent, the Cowboys) but the Spurs formed a special place in their hearts starting with the Admiral and lasting all the way through the championships to the end of the TD era.

We all thought we had another star to tide us over for this next generation in Kawhi Leonard, but he broke the 25-year streak of loyalty and betrayed us. That was a polar magnetic shift that has plummeted the Spurs from being a perennial Western Conference contender to a mediocre team in 2019 and likely down into the basement of the league soon, very soon.

Out of all major pro sports franchises, I simply don't believe the Spurs can survive being bad and out of playoff contention for any significant length of years. Not in San Antonio. It's nothing like the Knicks or Lakers who have the market to survive being bad for a decade or more. The Spurs can't survive bad in San Antonio. They will lose money. Attendance will drop to 4,000 per game or less, mostly in the mid and upper decks. Casual fans (which make up >90% of any pro sports team's fanbase) across the metro area will prefer to get a head start on sleep, or eat tacos or burgers or binge watch Netflix and not even care about the Spurs game. Is it football season already?, meh, wake me up then, they will say. People across SA have already, slowly but surely, stopped watching the Spurs since TD walked out "that door", and even more-so since the Zaza Pachulia moment and our only hope, our future, our young franchise player bolting like the plague to Canada.

Soon, very soon, Popovich will be gone (he's already got one foot out the door for sure), Aldridge will move on like the rest and the city will be left with a rotting egg: a raw, listless team of young jocks who resemble the average pick-up ballers from the local duck pond court. The team will face a nuclear winter of 20-something or worse win seasons and "crowds" that resemble those at your average UTSA baseball games.

The team will bleed money, and the Holts will be forced to sell or leave town, so they will grudgingly sell, and the buying party will make the easiest decision of their lives by paying the arena lease-breakage penalty and relocate the team far, far away to begin a new future in a profitable and more exciting city. Ultimately, San Antonio taxpayers will revel and applaud the decision to get that albatross off their backs and this city will return to its roots as the laid-back, Western, BBQ and tacos, easy-goin' warm-and-humid retreat that it was born to be.

tha fuk