PDA

View Full Version : OT: Boeheim Kills A Man; Will Coach Three Days Later

Spurtacular
02-22-2019, 08:20 PM
Can't say I'm surprised at that P.O.S. guy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/boeheim-to-coach-syracuse-vs-no-1-duke-after-fatal-crash/ar-BBTXBuZ?ocid=spartandhp

Mark Celibate
02-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Did you read the article?

Boeheim has always seemed like a prick, but this was obviously a freak accident

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Did he commit a crime? If not then not sure what the big deal about him still coaching is.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 02:01 PM

He still killed a guy. Would this still be cool if Coach John Thompson did the same thing? Doubtful. Whiteys have a different set of rules. It is what it is.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 02:04 PM
Did he commit a crime? If not then not sure what the big deal about him still coaching is.

Your privilege is showing. :lol

He should be in jail for murder. Maybe his victim was Black? That would make it okay yanno. :wakeup

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 02:18 PM

He should be in jail for murder. Maybe his victim was Black? That would make it okay yanno. :wakeup
You're saying he committed murder? I don't think you understand what murder is.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 02:25 PM
You're saying he committed murder? I don't think you understand what murder is.

Semantics. Boeheim was RESPONSIBLE for someone's death. No arrest. No bond. No investigation. No police interview or inquiry. Nada. Zilch.

That's normal to you? Just...go about your business of coaching as if nothing happened right?

Would Coach Nate McMillan been afforded the same opportunity to resume coaching if put in the same situation?

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Semantics. Boeheim was RESPONSIBLE for someone's death.
No he wasn't. He hit someone who was crossing a highway on foot and violating traffic laws in the process. He wasn't violating any traffic laws and the j-walker was. The way the law works is that he's not responsible.

No arrest. No bond. No investigation. No police interview or inquiry. Nada. Zilch.

That's normal to you? Just...go about your business of coaching as if nothing happened right?
There's an ongoing investigation and Boeheim has already been interviewed. He was also given a sobriety test to make sure this wasn't DUI related.

You're completely pulling the narrative that the police aren't doing anything out of your ass.

Regarding whether or not a law abiding driver who's not breaking any laws not getting charged with any crime after hitting a j-walker illegally crossing the street is normal, yes, it's extremely normal.

Would Coach Nate McMillan been afforded the same opportunity to resume coaching if put in the same situation?
Yes, he would have. Everything isn't about white privilege. There's laws in this country and the police have yet to find that Boeheim broke any of them.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:47 PM

If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's a careless, self-indulgent prick; this has been documented.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:51 PM

His victim was Mexican. And I'm not saying it's murder or racism. But I don't put it past him to have been reckless I.E. speeding, texting, preoccupied, tired. He's definitely getting the treatment. His account is conspicuously missing in that article.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:53 PM
S

If McMillan was the local untouchable like Boeheim, then maybe. This is elitism, not racism.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 02:54 PM
If you want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Whether or not I want to, innocent until proven guilty is how the judicial system in this country works. He's supposed to get the "benefit of the doubt" until the cops have probable cause that's needed to arrest him.

The process doesn't change because you think he's a prick, self-indulgent asshole, poopyface, etc.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 02:54 PM
No he wasn't. He hit someone who was crossing a highway on foot and violating traffic laws in the process. He wasn't violating any traffic laws and the j-walker was. The way the law works is that he's not responsible.

There's an ongoing investigation and Boeheim has already been interviewed. He was also given a sobriety test to make sure this wasn't DUI related.

You're completely pulling the narrative that the police aren't doing anything out of your ass.

Regarding whether or not a law abiding driver who's not breaking any laws not getting charged with any crime after hitting a j-walker illegally crossing the street is normal, yes, it's extremely normal.

Yes, he would have. Everything isn't about white privilege. There's laws in this country and the police have yet to find that Boeheim broke any of them.

He wasn't j-walking whitey. Quit lying. Are you a Trump supporter?

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 02:58 PM
He wasn't j-walking whitey. Quit lying. Are you a Trump supporter?
He was on the highway walking towards the median, how is that not j-walking?

Are you going to respond to the rest of my post (i.e., the part that calls out the bullshit idea that there isn't an investigation?)

No, not a Trump supporter.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:58 PM
Whether or not I want to, innocent until proven guilty is how the judicial system in this country works. He's supposed to get the "benefit of the doubt" until the cops have probable cause that's needed to arrest him.

The process doesn't change because you think he's a prick, self-indulgent asshole, poopyface, etc.

For his end of it, I'm not saying he doesn't have rights. But :lol if you think the system always "works".

Where is Jim Boeheim's account? Why is it conspicuously missing?

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 02:59 PM
If McMillan was the local untouchable like Boeheim, then maybe. This is elitism, not racism.

Agree and disagree. Elitism? Sure. But if it were to have happened in Philly and it was Coach Don Chaney (legendary Temple coach), you think the privilege is extended to him? Hell no. Racism in America is as pure and natural as cane sugar.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:01 PM
Agree and disagree. Elitism? Sure. But if it were to have happened in Philly and it was Coach Don Chaney (legendary Temple coach), you think the privilege is extended to him? Hell no. Racism in America is as pure and natural as cane sugar.

How many rings and final four appearances does he have by comparison? And Syracuse is like 1/15th the size of Philly or something. It's a difference in elevation, tbh.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:02 PM
He was on the highway walking towards the median, how is that not j-walking?

Are you going to respond to the rest of my post (i.e., the part that calls out the bullshit idea that there isn't an investigation?)

No, not a Trump supporter.

Show me proof he was j-walking. I haven't seen that written anywhere.

Not gonna refute the rest of your post. All I know is a man is dead and there will be no repercussions for Jimmy Boy because only white lives matter in AmeriKKKa.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:03 PM
For his end of it, I'm not saying he doesn't have rights. But :lol if you think the system always "works".

Where is Jim Boeheim's account? Why is it conspicuously missing?
Where did I say the system always "works"?

Pretty clear what Boeheim's narrative is. There was a stalled car in the middle of the road and he swerved out of the way to avoid it, and in the process he hit the victim.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:03 PM
How many rings and final four appearances does he have by comparison? And Syracuse is like 1/15th the size of Philly or something. It's a difference in elevation, tbh.

Jimmy Boy has 1 rang. You make him sound like John Wooden :lol

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Where did I say the system always "works"?

Pretty clear what Boeheim's narrative is. There was a stalled car in the middle of the road and he swerved out of the way to avoid it, and in the process he hit the victim.

That's not his narrative. That's a media account. Boeheim wasn't attributed for any of the account.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:07 PM

He's a local god. He is surrounded by sycophants.

Also one ring and various final fours in a small community vs. zilch in a urbanopolis is not comparable in either event, son.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:09 PM
:lmao comparing Don Chaney to Boeheim.

Spurtacular is right. To the extent the police are trying to gloss over this and move on, it's because of Boeheim's status, not his race. Syracuse basketball is everything to that area, Temple is one of several colleges in a Philly area that also has pro teams in every major sport. He doesn't mean anywhere near as much to the Philly area as Boeheim does to Syracuse.

If you want an example of a black guy getting bailed out by the local PD, the Tallahassee Police Department did everything it could to botch the investigation into Jameis Winston raping someone at a time when the rape conviction would have cost FSU a national title run, since Tallahassee is similar to Cuse in that it's a town where the success of the college team means everything.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Temple is one of several colleges in a Philly area that also has pro teams in every major sport.

And Villanova is the sh** in that town if any college is going to be elevated, tbh.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:11 PM
He's a local god. He is surrounded by sycophants.

Cheney was a legend at Temple in Philly. People loved the guy. However, if he were in Jimmy Boy's position they'd be like this outside of Philly PD demanding he get life without parole:
https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/001/215/310/22930.original-5849.jpg

:lol

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Cheney was a legend at Temple in Philly. People loved the guy. However, if he were in Jimmy Boy's position they'd be like this outside of Philly PD demanding life without parole:
https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/001/215/310/22930.original-5849.jpg?rect=44,0,362,362&q=98&fm=jpg&fit
:lol

If you think Cheney is afforded the same deified status that Boeheim is in his respective locality, then you haven't been paying attention.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:14 PM
If you think Cheney is afforded the same deified status that Boeheim is in his respective locality, then you haven't been paying attention.

I think you misunderstood my post - we agree here.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:15 PM
To people living in shitty fucking Syracuse, he is John Wooden. He had an assistant coach who was caught molesting kids several years ago when there was already public outrage about Penn State, and Syracuse basically said, "Fuck it. We're OK with kids being molested if it means that our basketball program can remain relevant."

Most cops in the Philly area wouldn't even be able to pick Chaney out of a lineup. It's not even the biggest college basketball program in the Philly area (Villanova).

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:16 PM
:lmao comparing Don Chaney to Boeheim.

Spurtacular is right. To the extent the police are trying to gloss over this and move on, it's because of Boeheim's status, not his race. Syracuse basketball is everything to that area, Temple is one of several colleges in a Philly area that also has pro teams in every major sport. He doesn't mean anywhere near as much to the Philly area as Boeheim does to Syracuse.

If you want an example of a black guy getting bailed out by the local PD, the Tallahassee Police Department did everything it could to botch the investigation into Jameis Winston raping someone at a time when the rape conviction would have cost FSU a national title run, since Tallahassee is similar to Cuse in that it's a town where the success of the college team means everything.

:lol - whatever you say old privileged one.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Cheney was a legend at Temple in Philly.

You seem to worship him for what it's worth.

LkrFan
To people living in shitty fucking Syracuse, he is John Wooden. He had an assistant coach who was caught molesting kids several years ago when there was already public outrage about Penn State, and Syracuse basically said, "Fuck it. We're OK with kids being molested if it means that our basketball program can remain relevant."

Most cops in the Philly area wouldn't even be able to pick Chaney out of a lineup. It's not even the biggest college basketball program in the Philly area (Villanova).

Damn, Jimmy Boy is more of a POS than I thought. Thanks for sharing det :lol

LkrFan
You seem to worship him for what it's worth.

No. Just proving a point.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Damn, Jimmy Boy is more of a POS than I thought. Thanks for sharing det :lol
It was never clear if he knew about it so it wasn't the same as Paterno actively trying to cover up for Sandusky, but imo it was still something he should have lost his job over.

It's not like I like the guy, I just don't think he did anything wrong here.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:22 PM
No. Just proving a point.

You've proved nothing thus far.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:23 PM
It was never clear if he knew about it so it wasn't the same as Paterno actively trying to cover up for Sandusky, but imo it was still something he should have lost his job over.

So...if you killed a guy. You would be A OK with just "moving on" as if nothing happened?

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:24 PM

I don't know about the pedo stuff. Is that the same stuff with the recruits going to strip clubs? Cos that's not Paterno level by any means. But Boeheim's wife was a part of it, and he definitely got off in favor of the program.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:25 PM
So...if you killed a guy. You would be A OK with just "moving on" as if nothing happened?
We're talking about something different now but no, highly unlikely I'd be able to go back to work as if everything was normal 72 hours later.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:29 PM
I don't know about the pedo stuff. Is that the same stuff with the recruits going to strip clubs? Cos that's not Paterno level by any means. But Boeheim's wife was a part of it, and he definitely got off in favor of the program.
He wasn't a serial offender but there was a tape of Fine's wife talking to the ball boy and admitting she know about Fine's behavior, iirc she even said that Fine "Needs the dick" or something weird like that.

I think you're confusing Fine's wife with Boeheim's wife.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:35 PM
We're talking about something different now but no, highly unlikely I'd be able to go back to work as if everything was normal 72 hours later.

Now we agree. I can't fathom for the life of me going back to work as if nothing happened 3 days later.. unless I was a damn Marine. My mind would be fucked up - regardless if I were innocent or not. That's just me tho.

Will Hunting
02-23-2019, 03:40 PM
Now we agree. I can't fathom for the life of me going back to work as if nothing happened 3 days later.. unless I was a damn Marine. My mind would be fucked up - regardless if I were innocent or not. That's just me tho.
Probably why we're not NCAA basketball coaches. The type of person who can get over killing someone so quickly is also the type of person who has no issue with getting paid millions of dollars to make a bunch of poor black kids bust their ass in practice for 3 hours every day without any compensation.

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 03:42 PM
Probably why we're not NCAA basketball coaches. The type of person who can get over killing someone so quickly is also the type of person who has no issue with getting paid millions of dollars to make a bunch of poor black kids bust their ass in practice for 3 hours every day without any compensation.

:rollin :lmao :rollin

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:46 PM
He wasn't a serial offender but there was a tape of Fine's wife talking to the ball boy and admitting she know about Fine's behavior, iirc she even said that Fine "Needs the dick" or something weird like that.

I think you're confusing Fine's wife with Boeheim's wife.

I agree that that scandal would've been enough for dismissal from an upright program in any event. Boeheim is untouchable though. This latest episode is just further proof of that.

Mark Celibate
02-23-2019, 07:21 PM
He still killed a guy. Would this still be cool if Coach John Thompson did the same thing? Doubtful. Whiteys have a different set of rules. It is what it is.

:lol the victim ran across the highway when it was dark outside.

tbh the beaner got what he deserved here for chimping out and not following the proper protocol.

Although, on a somewhat related note, being old, white, and winning a lot of basketball games is enough to give someone the label "class" and free reign to act like a douchebag (i.e. Boeheim, Poppovich, etc)

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 07:54 PM
:lol the victim ran across the highway when it was dark outside.

tbh the beaner got what he deserved here for chimping out and not following the proper protocol.

Although, on a somewhat related note, being old, white, and winning a lot of basketball games is enough to give someone the label "class" and free reign to act like a douchebag (i.e. Boeheim, Poppovich, etc)

Hey fuck you buddy! :lol

Pavlov
02-23-2019, 08:06 PM
I agree that that scandal would've been enough for dismissal from an upright program in any event. Boeheim is untouchable though. This latest episode is just further proof of that.With what crime are you saying he should be charged?

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 09:01 PM
Boeheim has always been dirty and an asshole. This isn't too surprising. Plus he gets an incredible pass from the NY media and usually better NCAA berths (or even berths at all) than he deserves.

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 09:27 PM
Boeheim is a classic New Yorker

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 09:38 PM
Boeheim is a classic New Yorker

:lol what the fuck, Syracuse isn't even close to NYC.

Spurtacular
02-24-2019, 12:02 AM
:lol what the fuck, Syracuse isn't even close to NYC.

Relatively speaking. 255 miles and 4 hr 7 min drive is not exactly a killer.

Mr. Body
02-24-2019, 12:06 AM
Relatively speaking. 255 miles and 4 hr 7 min drive is not exactly a killer.

:lol He's not a New Yorker.

Spurtacular
02-24-2019, 12:08 AM
:lol He's not a New Yorker.

Good news for New Yorkers if so. I doubt they should want to claim this asshole.

Spurtacular
05-15-2019, 11:00 PM
Doubt this dude has lost much sleep, tbh.

FrostKing
05-16-2019, 12:49 AM
Typical New Yorker

LkrFan
05-16-2019, 05:08 AM

Sounds about white tbh. SMH

The Gemini Method
05-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Dude is untouchable. Even dodged the flak from that scandal a few years back...