02-23-2019, 12:07 AM
Zion and his payless pro wings

R. DeMurre
02-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Who would you pick ahead of him?

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 01:59 PM
Zion and his payless pro wings

I used to rock with Pro Wings. My cousin called them "Proboks" because I couldn't afford Reeboks. :cry

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:54 PM

Someone better or trade down if the draft class is weak.

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 03:30 PM
There might not even be a better player currently in the NBA.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 03:45 PM

What in the hell makes you think he's that good?

BD24
02-23-2019, 04:23 PM
I used to rock with Pro Wings. My cousin called them "Proboks" because I couldn't afford Reeboks. :cry
Didn't sell as many chiclets as your primo it seems.

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 04:35 PM
What in the hell makes you think he's that good?
His rebounding and post moves. Relative to the other NBA stars, his IQ seems high. If he can lock down a consistent 3 point shot he'll be the best player since atleast Duncan

hater
02-23-2019, 04:48 PM
Hes dejuan blair with knees

He will boow up like a thanksgiving baloon in 3 - 4 years tops and will be out of NBA by 2025

LkrFan
02-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Didn't sell as many chiclets as your primo it seems.

:lol

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 06:16 PM
His rebounding and post moves. Relative to the other NBA stars, his IQ seems high. If he can lock down a consistent 3 point shot he'll be the best player since atleast Duncan

I think you're ridiculously optimistic. His size plays well against college kids; he won't have the same advantages against men in the NBA, even if it is becoming more and more fluffy.

GAustex
02-23-2019, 06:32 PM

He will boow up like a thanksgiving baloon in 3 - 4 years tops and will be out of NBA by 2025

Mark Celibate
02-23-2019, 07:10 PM
chubbier, shorter, darker, and more athletic version of Nick Fazekas imo

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 07:15 PM
I think you're ridiculously optimistic. His size plays well against college kids; he won't have the same advantages against men in the NBA, even if it is becoming more and more fluffy.
I do believe there are a handful of defenders that will cause him issues I.E. Davis but he'll blow by most everyone else and those post moves will cause alot of foul trouble.

Today, he already has a better post game than James and just as good jump shot. Slightly worse court vision. The only clear edge James has is height

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 07:53 PM
Today, he already has a better post game than James and just as good jump shot. Slightly worse court vision. The only clear edge James has is height

James post game sucks. His game is based on getting into the paint from face-ups and drawing fouls / creating for his teammates. I think you're putting the cart before the horse, tbh.

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 10:37 PM

Lol, WTF

BD24
02-24-2019, 09:51 AM
Frost king and OP are both fucking morons tbh.

Kobe'sAchilles
02-24-2019, 10:09 AM
I thought Michael Beasley was already a poor mans Michael Beasley tbh. If he had good work ethic/attitude and stayed off drugs, then he probably would've been an all star instead of this career journeyman

Zion will be fine. There will be like 3 people in the league who can guard him: Giannis, Kawhi, and AD. That's it. All the other bugs he's too fast for and all the other wings he's too big for them to guard him on the block. The guy weighs 280 pounds of pure muscle. Do you really think that will be easy to guard on the block??

Mr. Body
02-24-2019, 10:22 AM
He'd get swatted a lot by the likes of Jarrett Allen, etc. I don't know what team would want to post up a PF five to six times a game, even, instead of getting 3-pointers up.

GAustex
02-24-2019, 10:26 AM
Zion seems like he might get fat
He’s got that in him
Depends whether he keeps working or not

R. DeMurre
02-24-2019, 05:31 PM

Well, yeah-- that's the goal of every draft, "someone better." But give me the name of a guy you'd take ahead of Zion now.

Spurtacular
02-24-2019, 10:02 PM
Well, yeah-- that's the goal of every draft, "someone better." But give me the name of a guy you'd take ahead of Zion now.

I don't look at that closely til right before draft time. I'm not getting paid to scout guys.

phxspurfan
02-25-2019, 12:23 PM
More athletic Big Baby Davis tbh

SpursforSix
02-25-2019, 04:08 PM
Closest comp per is shorter version of Alton Lister (1983 version)

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 02:30 AM
More athletic Big Baby Davis tbh

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, tbh.

phxspurfan
03-01-2019, 02:42 AM
Not exactly a ringing endorsement, tbh.

youll see when after a couple years in the league and his knees arent 18 anymore and he balloons to 300 lbs

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 02:53 AM
youll see when after a couple years in the league and his knees arent 18 anymore and he balloons to 300 lbs

He could be an all-star; but I do believe that he is a dumb kid who is not getting proper advice on how to have a long productive career at the right weight. Coach K just wants a title; he doesn't give two fucks if Zion has a great NBA career. Nobody from Duke ever does when you look at it.

FrostKing
03-01-2019, 03:32 AM
He could be an all-star; but I do believe that he is a dumb kid who is not getting proper advice on how to have a long productive career at the right weight. Coach K just wants a title; he doesn't give two fucks if Zion has a great NBA career. Nobody from Duke ever does when you look at it.
I have to disagree
- Zion already lost weight from his high school playing size
- Duke is private school with a medical foundation. Their staff and facilities are superior to some NBA teams
- I think Coach K legitimately likes to watch these kids play and watch them progress as players/Men. He's already at the top, I don't think 2 or even 3 more titles will have a major impact on his legacy. He's not gonna catch Wooden's 10.

Irving injured his toe while at Duke and missed a majority of the games. He returned for the NCAA Tournament and performed really well

I will give Calipari his due and admit he does have a more "NBA mindset" than Coach K and for a period of time it made Kentucky better. But that ended with the Okafor/Jones/Winslow championship. Since then Duke has been getting superior players and thus pros. If you look at the Elite players in the NBA, there is an equal amount of highly recruited guys as diamond in the rough.

lebomb
03-01-2019, 07:34 AM
You mufawkus do not understand basketball at all. Zion a poor mans Michael Beasley......... :lmao

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 03:57 AM
I have to disagree
- Zion already lost weight from his high school playing size
- Duke is private school with a medical foundation. Their staff and facilities are superior to some NBA teams
- I think Coach K legitimately likes to watch these kids play and watch them progress as players/Men. He's already at the top, I don't think 2 or even 3 more titles will have a major impact on his legacy. He's not gonna catch Wooden's 10.

Irving injured his toe while at Duke and missed a majority of the games. He returned for the NCAA Tournament and performed really well

I will give Calipari his due and admit he does have a more "NBA mindset" than Coach K and for a period of time it made Kentucky better. But that ended with the Okafor/Jones/Winslow championship. Since then Duke has been getting superior players and thus pros. If you look at the Elite players in the NBA, there is an equal amount of highly recruited guys as diamond in the rough.

Coach K is not the altruist people make him out to be. He has both eyes on his own glory at the end of the day. He gets the guys he needs for his program at any given time; he doesn't give a fuck about setting them up for life. That's not to say he's something akin to Caliparri or anything extreme; but he is a phony, imo.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Not completely sold on Zion. I'd be surprised if he's an instant superstar in the league. Probably would have been 4th or 5th in last year's draft.

FrostKing
03-05-2019, 06:58 PM
DUKE is keeping Zion out a 4th straight and likely 5th (@ UNC on Saturday) game

Thanks shitty ass Nike

SupremeGuy
03-05-2019, 10:10 PM

He will boow up like a thanksgiving baloon in 3 - 4 years tops and will be out of NBA by 2025You might be right, but that'd be a shame. Let's see if he has a better work ethic.

Silver&Black
03-14-2019, 10:50 PM
:wow 13-13 FG

Rusty
03-14-2019, 10:54 PM
He needs to lose weight or else his knees will explode

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 11:25 PM
DUKE is keeping Zion out a 4th straight and likely 5th (@ UNC on Saturday) game

Thanks shitty ass Nike

That slip was not an injury slip. You could see him faking right away.

:lmao "Grade 1 sprain"

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 11:38 PM
He needs to lose weight or else his knees will explode

Different people have different genetics. Michael Jordan and Lebron James enjoyed good health above the mean.

lebomb
03-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Not completely sold on Zion. I'd be surprised if he's an instant superstar in the league. Probably would have been 4th or 5th in last year's draft.

:lmao Zion would have been #1 the last 5 yrs nigga.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2019, 10:31 AM
:lmao Zion would have been #1 the last 5 yrs nigga.

I'm sure he'll be great. It might just be my dislike for Duke basketball.