PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs @ Raptors - Feb. 22, 2019

timvp
02-22-2019, 10:09 PM
DeMar DeRozan A
Smart and efficient offensively. Much better than usual defense. Tough ending.

LaMarcus Aldridge C-
Battling an illness, Aldridge was obviously not 100% but wasn't a total disaster.

Rudy Gay B+
Scored important points on isolations when Spurs were desperate. Defense was mostly a positive.

Bryn Forbes D+
Overwhelmed defensively and was poor closing out to shooters. Wasn't in rhythm offensively.

Derrick White C-
Struggled mightily in first three quarters in his return from injury. Found groove in fourth.

Marco Belinelli A-
Not his prettiest game but supplied Spurs with needed production. Defense was passable.

Patty Mills A
Kept his foot on the gas offensively. Competed as hard as he could on D. Energetic throughout.

Davis Bertans B
Spaced the floor wonderfully, though shot-selection in fourth quarter was iffy. D was inconsistent.

Jakob Poeltl A
Played with a toughness and confidence not seen much this season. Great on defensive boards.

Pop B
Had to deal with a lot of moving parts. Made a lot of positive calls but wasn't perfect.

weebo
02-22-2019, 10:27 PM
LMA didn't show--that's the difference in the game.

SpurPadre
02-22-2019, 10:29 PM
An A for DeRozan's bad 4th quarter is the most generous grade of the season.

offset formation
02-22-2019, 10:31 PM
I normally have zero issues with your grades but a C- is overly tough on Aldridge. He was coughing all night and clearly breathing hard at times. Additionally, he had two teams all night long and they were hard doubles basically making him pass. Yet he had Gasol and Ibaka in foul trouble all night. He made several key defensive plays at the rim and swatted at least 3 balls back for a OREB. B+

I thought Marco was an A.
I thought Davis was an A+ if only because his defense was pretty damn good and he had a bad call where he got all ball. He played great help D all night

Without him and Davis, we get blown out

I would have given DD an A- if for no other reason his turnover was the difference in the game despite an overall good game.

Like I said, i rarely have disagreements with your grades but i think these were a bit off.

spurs10
02-22-2019, 10:31 PM
Great grades...tells the tale. LMA was not playing well. The end of the game wouldn't have mattered as much if he plays even average. Despite the loss, The game had its moments.

GAustex
02-22-2019, 10:32 PM
An A for DeRozan's bad 4th quarter is the most generous grade of the season.
Mr. VP is kind
DDR deserves a Z for the stupid boneheaded turnover when a simple basketball play gets SA 2 free throws

spurs10
02-22-2019, 10:33 PM
I normally have zero issues with your grades but a C- is overly tough on Aldridge. He was coughing all night and clearly breathing hard at times. Additionally, he had two teams all night long and they were hard doubles basically making him pass. Yet he had Gasol and Ibaka in foul trouble all night. He made several key defensive plays at the rim and swatted at least 3 balls back for a OREB. B+

I thought Davis was an A+ if only because his defense was pretty damn good and he had a bad call where he got all ball. He played great help D all night

I would have given DD an A- if for no other reason his turnover was the difference in the game despite an overall good game.

Like I said, i rarely have disagreements with your grades but i think these were a bit off. Agree LMA tried hard...he was under the weather. Still was a difference maker.

SouthTexasRancher
02-22-2019, 10:35 PM
LMA should not have been in the game tonight if he was feeling that bad. It would have been heroic had it been the 7th game of the NBA Finals. The grades are pretty spot on overall considering we were playing a Top 3 team on the road where our Spurs normally shit their pants.

TDomination
02-22-2019, 10:45 PM
Good game overall. We were in it until the end. We should've won but I'm glad we weren't blown out. I understand who we are, we aren't doing much this year. But I'm glad white is back and I feel we are so much better with him. I hope we make playoffs just so ye gets some playoff experience. That alone makes it worth it.

Spurs fans so fickle. Funny how everyone expected over 45 pts from kawhi, a complete beatdown by the Raptors. Then when it doesn't happen and it's actually a game we could've won, they just jump to the next thing to bash the spurs on. Getting pretty tiresome.

Positivity isn't always needed, bash the team when warranted, but 24/7 bashing seems to be the norm regardless of results.

Anyways, hopefully spurs can finish road trip on a high note and at least win 2 of 3.

tonski17
02-22-2019, 10:47 PM
thanks timvp. What can we do about forbes?

Uriel
02-22-2019, 10:48 PM
I’d give Pop a B+ or an A-. Outside of failing to call a timeout when DDR had the ball with 24 seconds left, I thought he coached one of his best games of the season.

John B
02-22-2019, 10:48 PM

Like I said, i rarely have disagreements with your grades but i think these were a bit off.

Marco was not an A. Did you see how many turnovers he made :bang

offset formation
02-22-2019, 10:57 PM

Evidently not. I saw one turnover which was clearly his fault but given his minutes and touches, and point production, it was not at all bad. I saw a miscommunication with Aldridge when he was trying to pass before stepping out of bounds. And I saw a bad in bounds play that was to one of our guys of which he was diving to save.

Marco was lights out.

GreekSpursfan
02-22-2019, 11:05 PM
If he was actually ill he wouldn't have played(i trust Pop there), LMA was a disaster on both ends, especially defensively and decided to show up only at the end of the game. I agree with the rest of the grades.

Truth4sale$
02-22-2019, 11:17 PM
Timvp, I believe you need to flip flop the grades with Bertans and Belinelli. Both players do what they are supposed to do...shoot! But the defense of Belinelli along with some poor timed turnovers and shot selection left me scratching my head until he hit those shots. Okay, maybe a B+.
No comment by anyone why DeRozan pulls up and decides to pass the ball when he has a step on Danny green. If he goes all the way he gets blocked or fouled. He does not have a killer instinct like great players, perhaps that is why those Raptor teams underachieved. He has to say I want the ball and redeem himself from a poor timed turnover. I think DeRozan gets inside his head too much. He holds himself back from being a great player. Tonight he showed the fans what he was as a raptors. A really good player that always comes up short. Hence the reason the Raptors traded him.

Play Boban
02-22-2019, 11:37 PM
DDR’s final turnover will go down in Spurs infamy forever.

John B
02-23-2019, 12:10 AM
DDR’s final turnover will go down in Spurs infamy forever.
Yup you don’t make a spin like that on 2x DPOY. He’d pick you every time. And why not anyone helping him when for sure Raps going to foul or steal?

phxspurfan
02-23-2019, 12:24 AM
The grades are pretty spot on overall considering we were playing a Top 3 team on the road where our Spurs normally shit their pants.

Also true. This team's road record as atrocious as it is, I'm surprised they were ahead or even in it late against the Raps w/Kawhi actually playing for once. Can't hang their heads after that.

That play to Beli for the open 3 out of timeout too was awesome. Some sick execution of the play

justinandimcool
02-23-2019, 12:33 AM
The Spurs should absolutely hang their heads...how many road wins are we gonna choke away? Lmao

Collins21
02-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Nah this team although worse defensively is much better and much more entertaining than last years team. For all the shit people talk about this after the road trip this team has the potential to put together a run. Another thing going into this game all y'all said Raptors by 20 and Spurs can't compete, so why are y'all mad if that they lost when they had no chance to begin with?

justinandimcool
02-23-2019, 12:47 AM
the biggest positive is hopefully DeRozan can be a professional and put this Toronto nostalgia depression-fest behind him and focus on this season

GAustex
02-23-2019, 12:47 AM
Yup you don’t make a spin like that on 2x DPOY. He’d pick you every time. And why not anyone helping him when for sure Raps going to foul or steal?
Its on DDR
All he had to do is check up and make the pass before getting into the tight spot
Lack of awareness, situational awareness
No anticipation to make the winning play
It like he can only think of one thing at a time
I just do not think he is very smart.
He makes dumb plays/decisions
Its getting old
He can shake and bake and get to the rim though...
Lot of good that does in crunch time when they clamp down on him and his only move craters and he as to pass out to Forbes or Beli or Bertrans who then need to hero baller it...
Got dam quitter screwed this team royally

Twisted_Dawg
02-23-2019, 01:05 AM
Timvp gets an A+ for getting the grades out mere minutes after the game was over.

sananspursfan21
02-23-2019, 01:05 AM
It was a close, hard fought game. If we put our spoiled brat fan personas behind us, we can’t be mad about this one. I hate being 1-5 on the RRT but basically losing to the 2 seed in the east by a last second, misread jumper from Bertans, moral victory. Based on recent play, this very well could have been a 20+ point disaster

emanueldavidginobili
02-23-2019, 01:20 AM
LA was the difference if he plays a decent game we probably win. But I give him the benefit of the doubt he was battling an illness and was clearly not 100% he only shot 8 times so you know he wasn’t his normal self. Besides him playing not well the Spurs had the game one still and blew it.

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 01:44 AM
DDR got that last rebound with 23.8 seconds left, and had his head up his ass. He didn't know whether to call time out or advance the ball. He looked around like someone else was going to tell him. The looking around cost him, and the team, because he didn't have a clue where the other players were on the floor.

They had been swarming DeRozan. Not because he's the head of the snake, but because they know he'll cough it up often enough to make it worthwhile. They almost got him to a few other times, but still blew up the plays. If White had been able to play at the end, the Spurs have a good shot at winning that game just on the basis of handling the ball. But DDR actually had a hell of a good line. He got to the line 9 times and made all 9 of them. But that last play is all the reason in the world why he shouldn't be a primary ball handler. Not the dribbling, but the fact that he didn't know where/when he was on the court.

The Spurs also gave up way too many second chance points, especially in the late third and into the fourth quarter. Those hurt a lot, because they played good D and got the misses they needed, but then gave up cheap points anyway.

Mills and Forbes shooting a combined 18% (2/11) from 3P hurt. Several of those were just very poor shot choices that they didn't have to take. A few boring 2P attempts instead, and the Spurs probably get the W.

They said that LMA was sick, and it showed. But they had to have his size and strength in there to keep Gasol and Ibaka off the glass. All those put-backs were the reason Pop threw him back into the game. I don't know what else he could have done, other than make himself 100% physically.

alpha_HaZE
02-23-2019, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the grades, it's one of my favourite things to read!

It's a shame LA got sick in Vegas, he probably partied a bit to the point he got ill. To me he is the reason Kawhi left, think about it it was "kobe vs shaq" the guy that works super hard and the guy that is not. And LA is not Shaquille, not even close, and Kawhi is better than Kobe ever was.

Glad to see Derrick back with the team and everyone else playing well.

Millennial_Messiah
02-23-2019, 02:15 AM
the dreaded RRT is a major bugaboo this franchise will have every year throughout its remaining years in SA, however many that may be

Keepin' it real
02-23-2019, 02:15 AM
Outstanding moral victory for the good guys!

monty4329
02-23-2019, 03:02 AM
Mr. VP is kind
DDR deserves a Z for the stupid boneheaded turnover when a simple basketball play gets SA 2 free throws

Agree. I don't understand the A in the first place, but he costed the game both on that idiotic dribbling like a teenage girl, and then on the last possession again an idiotic dribble into Green. I can't stand anymore the guy, but mostly I don't understand Pop giving him the ball again and again.

Andreas68
02-23-2019, 03:06 AM
Fantastic Performance from Poeltl and the best Fans in the NBA ! I really hope they win the Championship!

monty4329
02-23-2019, 03:09 AM
DDR got that last rebound with 23.8 seconds left, and had his head up his ass. He didn't know whether to call time out or advance the ball. He looked around like someone else was going to tell him. The looking around cost him, and the team, because he didn't have a clue where the other players were on the floor.

This is on Pop though. Given the recent issues inbounding tha ball, I understand not calling a time out. But the ball should have gone to Mills then to Beli or Bertans, take the two FT ang up three. Why the fuck does Pop keep letting the idiot crybaby have the ball in closing situations, that I can't fathom.

Loss on DDR and Pop.

monty4329
02-23-2019, 03:10 AM
Timvp gets an A+ for getting the grades out mere minutes after the game was over.

ElNono
02-23-2019, 04:56 AM
LMA in playoff mode, tbh, IMO

r0drig0lac
02-23-2019, 05:12 AM
the worst part here is to see that Derozan really does appear focused against Lebron and Kawhi, and in the rest of the games, he goes into court playing like shit, as if he really believed he was good enough for it.

ceperez
02-23-2019, 06:15 AM

How did Marco get an A??? Did you see the first half?

ceperez
02-23-2019, 06:17 AM
This is on Pop though. Given the recent issues inbounding tha ball, I understand not calling a time out. But the ball should have gone to Mills then to Beli or Bertans, take the two FT ang up three. Why the fuck does Pop keep letting the idiot crybaby have the ball in closing situations, that I can't fathom.

Loss on DDR and Pop.

Yeah, Spurs have a VERY troubling record with execution in crunch time!! Just give the damn ball to Gay.

BillMc
02-23-2019, 06:21 AM
Marco was awful in the first half, can't say he deserves an A-. Otherwise good.

acoelho1
02-23-2019, 09:14 AM
How many times are we going to get stripped when the other team needs to foul. Pop should have had White out there as another ball handler. Kawhi can still be dangerous defensively when he’s locked in so not a very good strategy to have DDR bring up the ball.

8FOR!3
02-23-2019, 09:23 AM
Spurs continue to prove that:

White/Forbes/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge
Mills/Belinelli/Bertans/Poeltl

Is a really good 9 man rotation. I don't understand why we didn't go out of our way to get any kind of insurance bc we also know that if we lose one player that rotation goes to shit. It would also have been nice to have another wing to make it a 10 man rotation. If we can stay healthy going into the playoffs well then I think we're formidable. That bench unit rocks when Poeltl is doing the small things and Patty/Marco/Davis are firing away.

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 09:42 AM
the dreaded RRT is a major bugaboo this franchise will have every year throughout its remaining years in SA, however many that may be

Portland just started a 7 game road trip.

Keepin' it real
02-23-2019, 10:02 AM
The entire team bailed on DDR, forcing him to go 1v2 in the backcourt. Once Leanord stole the ball, there was no Spur near him. WTF???

TDomination
02-23-2019, 10:05 AM
Spurs continue to prove that:

White/Forbes/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge
Mills/Belinelli/Bertans/Poeltl

Is a really good 9 man rotation. I don't understand why we didn't go out of our way to get any kind of insurance bc we also know that if we lose one player that rotation goes to shit. It would also have been nice to have another wing to make it a 10 man rotation. If we can stay healthy going into the playoffs well then I think we're formidable. That bench unit rocks when Poeltl is doing the small things and Patty/Marco/Davis are firing away.

I agree with this. It really sucks that white got hurt as soon as the road trip happened. we were on a 5 game winning streak and that quickly was forgotten as soon as the RRT began. It would have been nice to see how this team could compete with white. But thats how the year has gone unfortunately.

But if they can stay healthy the rest of the year, i don't see us falling farther then 7th seed.

TDomination
02-23-2019, 10:07 AM
The entire team bailed on DDR, forcing him to go 1v2 in the backcourt. Once Leanord stole the ball, there was no Spur near him. WTF???

We are THE WORST TEAM in the NBA at being able to keep the ball when we are up and the other team has to foul.

Now every NBA team knows that if they are down by like 3 or 2 with seconds to go, just call a timeout, then trap the player who gets the ball and the chance for a Turnover is like 75%.

Its incredible how often this has happened.

GAustex
02-23-2019, 10:12 AM
DDR with his head up his ass needed to make a play
He proceeded directly into trouble and got his lunch money stolen
Pea brain play by a pea brained player

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 11:00 AM
How many times are we going to get stripped when the other team needs to foul. Pop should have had White out there as another ball handler. Kawhi can still be dangerous defensively when he’s locked in so not a very good strategy to have DDR bring up the ball.

Pop put White in the game for that last TOR inbounds with 2 seconds left. So if he was available for that play, he 100% should have been in on that last Spurs possession to bring the ball up the court. Not only that, I don't think White had missed a shot in the second half, so I wouldn't have complained if it came down to him taking the last shot.

The game clock was slightly shorter than the shot clock. So Pop could have called a timeout, and drawn up a play for the last shot. DeRozan coughed it up, but Pop is the coach. He knows DDR's limitations. That was a coaching FUBAR.

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:01 AM

Because they knew the faggot -under Pop's total approval- would keep dribbling it anyway and would never give it up, looking to get the free throws for himself. As always, putting himself ahead of the team.

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:02 AM
DDR with his head up his ass needed to make a play
He proceeded directly into trouble and got his lunch money stolen
Pea brain play by a pea brained player

Play Boban
02-23-2019, 11:10 AM
3 turnovers in 31 minutes isn’t that many. DDR had more, anyways.........

MoSpur02
02-23-2019, 11:29 AM
If Derozan doesn't have the game he had then the Spurs get blown out. Yeah he may have had something to do with the Spurs losing the game there at the end, but it's not all on him. Same for Belinelli. Marco's scoring kept is in the game so I'm okay with their grade. I just Pop should've called a timeout to settle everyone down. That's just my take on it.

bklynspursfan
02-23-2019, 11:45 AM
Also true. This team's road record as atrocious as it is, I'm surprised they were ahead or even in it late against the Raps w/Kawhi actually playing for once. Can't hang their heads after that.

That play to Beli for the open 3 out of timeout too was awesome. Some sick execution of the play

Agreed

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 12:22 PM
This game at least gave me some hope for the Spurs down the stretch. They’ve played like crap lately so last night was a step in the right direction. They need to take care of business and beat the Knicks tomorrow.

JeffDuncan
02-23-2019, 01:02 PM

That is right. You must have cheated by actually watching the game.

Everybody else, especially Mills, ran so far ahead they left DDR with no outlet. He had nobody to pass to, without a high probability of interception. Bertans was far ahead on the left sideline with a defender near, Beli was all the way across the court on the right, and Mills was nowhere to be seen. LMA was maybe the best chance for a pass, but he was far enough ahead the pass could have been picked.

That was a team turnover. Mills, especially, should have hung back, even with DDR or a little behind him, to be the safety valve. The low IQ of this Spurs team has been clear in a lot of their losses. Most of that is on the coaching, with a serious lack of attention to detail, or a lack of team discipline.

Of course the usual suspects will all shit their pants and screech about DDR when the truth is different. Typical.

GAustex
02-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Everybody else, especially Mills, ran so far ahead they left DDR with no outlet. He had nobody to pass to, without a high probability of interception. Bertans was far ahead on the left sideline with a defender near, Beli was all the way across the court on the right, and Mills was nowhere to be seen. LMA was maybe the best chance for a pass, but he was far enough ahead the pass could have been picked.

That was a team turnover. Mills, especially, should have hung back, even with DDR or a little behind him, to be the safety valve. The low IQ of this Spurs team has been clear in a lot of their losses. Most of that is on the coaching, with a serious lack of attention to detail, or a lack of team discipline.

Of course the usual suspects will all shit their pants and screech about DDR when the truth is different. Typical.

Disagree
DDR brainlessly sauntered into a trap and crapped himself and let quitter steal his lunch money.
It was a shameless display of unintelligent basketball play.
All he had to do is check up and find an outlet.
He walked right into it and failed...miserably

Truth4sale$
02-23-2019, 01:20 PM
A healthy Derrick White and LMA, the Spurs win that game. Maybe Derrick makes the difference against Jeremy Lin as Lin was the ignition that started the raptors run in the 4.

Millennial_Messiah
02-23-2019, 02:12 PM
We are THE WORST TEAM in the NBA at being able to keep the ball when we are up and the other team has to foul.

Now every NBA team knows that if they are down by like 3 or 2 with seconds to go, just call a timeout, then trap the player who gets the ball and the chance for a Turnover is like 75%.

Its incredible how often this has happened.

It happened in the TD era too, sadly, even when TD was the inbounder

John B
02-23-2019, 02:19 PM
Yeah, Spurs have a VERY troubling record with execution in crunch time!! Just give the damn ball to Gay.
Tbh Gay is the most versatile of the 3 and clutch

heyheymymy
02-23-2019, 05:40 PM
Great win for the spurs.

Basically beat a top 3 team on the road with a sick all star non existant and then coughed up the W in the last possession of the game so we could still preserve a higher draft pick this summer.

Masterful chess move.

TD 21
02-23-2019, 05:53 PM
:lmao At a B for the genius. From Mills on scumbag, to only 24 and 28 minutes respectively for Gay and Bertans, but 27 for Forbes, against a team with two elite ISO forwards . . . that was an F performance if I've even seen one.

The worst part of this game wasn't that they lost, it was that any non apologist Spurs fan watching knew they would. There was never any doubt that they'd find a way.

Slippy
02-23-2019, 05:58 PM

Ummm I watched the whole game . They were running the other way since Demar had no intention of passing the ball. Check previous plays and when he grabs rebound. There's a pause where he literally eyes his teammates off and proceed to bring ball up. Check how Lowry sneaks off his man to double while Demar got his back turned on opposition & teammates resulting in nephew having the easiest steal of his life. The raptors knew he wouldn't give it up.

GusT15
02-23-2019, 06:10 PM
Disagree
DDR brainlessly sauntered into a trap and crapped himself and let quitter steal his lunch money.

Why are you arguing with each other? You are both right.

DeRozan shouldn't have tried to push the ball dribbling up midcourt with a fancy dribble spin when the trap would come.
The other Spurs in game,especially the guards,had no job being already on offense,but near DDR so he can quickly pass the ball when double teamed.

The fact that DeRozan fucked up doesn't mean the other Spurs didn't fuck up as well.
The fact that no other Spur was near him doesn't mean he had to try dribble the ball past Leonard and incoming trap (think it was Lowry).

DDR,rest of Spurs,coaching staff,everybody failed on that possession.Some more than other,obviously.But everybody fucked up.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 10:36 PM

DeRozan shouldn't have tried to push the ball dribbling up midcourt with a fancy dribble spin when the trap would come.
The other Spurs in game,especially the guards,had no job being already on offense,but near DDR so he can quickly pass the ball when double teamed.

The fact that DeRozan fucked up doesn't mean the other Spurs didn't fuck up as well.
The fact that no other Spur was near him doesn't mean he had to try dribble the ball past Leonard and incoming trap (think it was Lowry).

DDR,rest of Spurs,coaching staff,everybody failed on that possession.Some more than other,obviously.But everybody fucked up.

He needed a little help in/near the backcourt...true.

I also wish he'd of taken the previous shot rather than passing to Bertans. Just some bad end-of-game play by DDR. But that's been true of the Spurs in general this season. Their end of game management is where they miss veterans like Manu and Parker. Those guys weren't perfect either, but they made less mistakes in those situations.

Ozballer
02-24-2019, 02:58 AM
DDR had one of his finest games in a long time. Let's hope he stays right there on his contribution. The turnover is something that can happen to ANY player. It just went against the Spurs in this case unfortunately and it is nothing short to myopic to judge DDR or the team effort on that play. Lots of positives to take out of this game if the Spurs can stay focussed.

monty4329
02-24-2019, 04:00 AM
DDR had one of his finest games in a long time. Let's hope he stays right there on his contribution. The turnover is something that can happen to ANY player. It just went against the Spurs in this case unfortunately and it is nothing short to myopic to judge DDR or the team effort on that play. Lots of positives to take out of this game if the Spurs can stay focussed.

What?

The only thing to take out of this game is that DDR should not play down the stretch. But this we knew already.

RC_Drunkford
02-24-2019, 06:43 AM
DePression bout to fall in another hole now that he got sonned by Kawhi in Toronto. He will shoot 30% for the rest of the season

Ozballer
02-24-2019, 06:50 AM
What?

The only thing to take out of this game is that DDR should not play down the stretch. But this we knew already.

Well, sure. Mate, you are for the bigger stuff. Get in touch with the front office, they need to hear your game debriefs, they are full of finesse and detail

duncan2k5
02-24-2019, 07:00 AM
Disagree

Agreed... It was a rookie /young player mistake... Not one that should be coming from a veteran all star... Which is exactly why he was traded

duncan2k5
02-24-2019, 07:46 AM
The fact that ppl on here are still hoping that a guy pushing 30 with a history of epic failures when it counts most finally gets it together is worrisome... I hope the FO isn't that deluded and keeps him here past this year

monty4329
02-24-2019, 10:17 AM
Well, sure. Mate, you are for the bigger stuff. Get in touch with the front office, they need to hear your game debriefs, they are full of finesse and detail

Dude, you wrote "The turnover is something that can happen to ANY player", not me. Clear proof of your understanding of NBA baskeball. For your growth, I'll let you know that NO, an idiotic turnover is NOT something that can happen to any player.

ceperez
02-24-2019, 11:15 AM

I agree, coaching staff also to blame here.

Maybe they don't realize like a player like DeRozan doesn't have the basketball IQ that players like Manu and Parker have developed with the Spurs. DeRozan is in his first year! Let's face it, DeRozan, Aldridge and Gay just don't have the basketball IQ of the previous big 3.

In that case, you CALL THE DAMN TIMEOUT!!

SouthTexasRancher
02-24-2019, 10:32 PM

And tonight I see that Orlando beat Toronto by 15 points in Toronto. As for this Spurs team the honest answer is we stink. They just can't get their act together.