PDA

View Full Version : "Operation: Get the Lakers in the playoffs" has begun..

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2019, 01:11 AM
I would post this downstairs, but being that we're in their way on the standings, this has to be discussed upstairs.

Back in 2013 when the Lakers acquired Dwight and Nash, the basketball "experts"/nerds declared them champions. They were the talk of the league despite being on the outside looking in for most of the season (Sound familiar?). The league couldn't have the cash cow miss the playoffs and they made sure it didn't happen even if it was painfully obvious. They led the league in free throw attempts that year and allowed the 2nd least free throws at the same time lol. It was so bad, the play in which peanut head tore his Achilles on his own was called a foul on the opponent which was Golden State. Thus giving us those :cry brave :cry free throws by peanut head on one Achilles. They ended up winning that game by two despite making 38/50 free throws.

We all know Adam Silver is in bed with LeTamper, so be prepared to get screwed out of numerous wins. Especially after Mr. 3-6 announced he is starting Zero Dark Thirty mode early in order to get the Lakers in the playoffs. In case you missed it, last night the Lakers defeated the Rockets in a close game and it only took more than double of HOU's free throws and the fouling out of Harden and CP3 to do it! The result caused both of the Rockets stars to call out the officiating despite the chance of getting fined. Now today, official Marc Davis didn't even bother to go to replay and make sure this sequence was called correctly...

Will the guy who has escaped the Leastern Conference 8 times in a row be allowed to miss the playoffs in the superior West? Can Adam Silver live with himself if the star of Space Jam 2 was a bottom dwelling stat padder who cant even lead a team past the tanking Clippers?

Kobe'sAchilles
02-23-2019, 01:28 AM
I already figured we were the odd man out. Kings have the tie breaker over us and that's going to come into play. But Lebron vs Golden St is must see TV even if it's only the first round. Or Lebron vs Pauil George and Westbrook. Either way nobody in the league will care about screwing us out of the playoffs. Good news is that there are some interesting wing players at the 12-14 pick.

BackHome
02-23-2019, 01:41 AM
Yeah I saw this happening when Lebron came back even though they have the hardest schedule I think the NBA will find some way to get them the 8th spot.

TheGreatYacht
02-23-2019, 01:50 AM
I already figured we were the odd man out. Kings have the tie breaker over us and that's going to come into play. But Lebron vs Golden St is must see TV even if it's only the first round. Or Lebron vs Pauil George and Westbrook. Either way nobody in the league will care about screwing us out of the playoffs. Good news is that there are some interesting wing players at the 12-14 pick.
Yup... Hardly anyone cared about the Spurs when we were winning. I still remember the First Take after we rung was only about where Lebron will be headed next instead of aknowledging the obstacle that the 14' team went thru to avenge "6".

No one will even notice when we get screwed this year. Adam Oy vey $ilver does not want a Nuggets-Spurs NBA TV potential matchup to happen in the first round while the King starts filming Space Jam 2 earler than expected....

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 02:12 AM
Doubt it could be any worse than Kobe's achilles season; the cheating was the most blatant I've ever seen to get the Lakers the eight spot.

Rusty
02-23-2019, 02:15 AM
I think LeAdam LeSilver might even try to get Lakers to the 7th spot to avoid Lebron getting his ass beat by the Warriors again. It would not be a good look for King James to keep getting beat by Curry over and over again

timtonymanu
02-23-2019, 05:04 AM
I’m all for it if it means missing the playoffs

widowmaker
02-23-2019, 07:28 AM
Demar derozen is in on it too he just fell and gave up the ball for no reason.

Bill_Brasky
02-23-2019, 09:43 AM
:cry

Trill Clinton
02-23-2019, 09:59 AM
yup

TDomination
02-23-2019, 10:12 AM
don't forget, we own tiebreaker. would be nice if that was what kept them out and put us in.

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 10:17 AM
As far as the Lakers go - when Silver cooked up the idea of adding two freebie slots to the All Star game, he announced that it's all about the spectacle. He opened the door to being accused of all sorts of things.

Twisted_Dawg
02-23-2019, 10:19 AM
I’m all for it if it means missing the playoffs

:bobo

Absolutely. I'd rather miss the playoffs and draft 14 or lower, than make the playoffs and be humiliated 4-0 by GSW in the first round and draft 18 like last year.

Dverde
02-23-2019, 10:35 AM
No one is making us lose to shitty teams like the Bulls, Suns, Grizzlies. Spurs own it if they drop out. Adam Silver didn’t make DDR choke up the ball or Pop not call a timeout. Stuff like this makes me miss Parker. Parker may have turned it over but never walking up the court.

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 10:51 AM
As for that play last night - the rule says that the player "with the ball" has to establish positive position in the frontcourt before it's a violation. That means possession and BOTH feet in the frontcourt. The question really is whether Kawhi has established possession in the first picture below. He hasn't. By the time he gets control, he's got backcourt position. Still, there is no excuse for not reviewing the play at that point in the game. Pop should have been screaming for a review.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2sagr2a.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/xzrex.jpg

DPG21920
02-23-2019, 11:03 AM
This is some Jussie Smollett type stuff; fabricated.

I don’t think the league in any way, shape or form would allow there to actually be an agenda in this regard. I also, despite wanting SA to miss the playoffs for a lottery pick, don’t see how SA misses the playoffs.

I think they need 46 wins to get in, 47 for sure. They need to go 13-9 to get to 46. I don’t see that not happening. Lakers are boned IMO.

monty4329
02-23-2019, 11:08 AM
Demar derozen is in on it too he just fell and gave up the ball for no reason.

Exactly. No need to fix anything, just give the ball to the eunuch.

ZeusWillJudge
02-23-2019, 11:31 AM

I don’t think the league in any way, shape or form would allow there to actually be an agenda in this regard. I also, despite wanting SA to miss the playoffs for a lottery pick, don’t see how SA misses the playoffs.

I think they need 46 wins to get in, 47 for sure. They need to go 13-9 to get to 46. I don’t see that not happening. Lakers are boned IMO.

With their current winning percentage of .550, they go 12-10. They were 10-10 over their last 20 games, and that includes a 5 game winning streak against the Nets, Wizards, Suns, and NOP twice. The Spurs could easily finish with 46 or fewer wins.

Without Derek White's defense and stability, there's a good chance they do finish with 46 or fewer. If White stays healthy, they probably squeak into one of the last two slots.

As to the other? Silver feeds the conspiracy theories by turning the awards into a spectacle, and giving away All Star spots to players who aren't even relevant, because it will add some nostalgia viewers.

Hoops Czar
02-23-2019, 11:34 AM

I don’t think the league in any way, shape or form would allow there to actually be an agenda in this regard. I also, despite wanting SA to miss the playoffs for a lottery pick, don’t see how SA missed the playoffs.

Just like there was no agenda when Cleveland won the NBA draft lottery 3/4 years after Lebron left and the only year they didn't win, the NBA owned Hornets did.

Just like there was no agenda handing Lebron and the Cavs achampionship in 2016, fouling Curry out of a game for the first time in his career on a foul you don't see called in a preseason game let alone an NBA finals, suspending Green for a game for a hostile act, but not suspendig for an even more hostile act against OKC in the WCF's because was down in the series.

It's not a coincidence that the NBA has the worst drug testing system through out professional sports. A PED scandal in the NBA would completely rock the NBA to it's core, tarnishing the reputation the league along with the players in which the league has tried so hard to protect.

The NBA is one giant agenda after another for the sake of ratings.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 12:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing, and the Rockets came sure looked obviously called towards LA. If you looked at their schedule at the All-Star break you can’t see them even getting to .500 with how tough it is, and how terrible they’ve played as of late, but the powers that be want LeBrand in there. The Rockets normally live at the line and refs swallowed their whistles when Houston was on offense. The worst part of watching a Rockets game is knowing they’ll have a parade to the free throw line late, but not so against the Lakeshow.

dbestpro
02-23-2019, 05:21 PM
28 fouls against the Rockets, 17 against the Lakers. Yes, the scripted NBA remains live and well.

phxspurfan
02-23-2019, 06:25 PM
I already figured we were the odd man out. Kings have the tie breaker over us

Everyone’s got the tie breaker over you. Because you’ve lost to everybody multiple times

But Lebron vs Golden St is must see TV

No it isn’t, LeBron sucks now and his supporting cast is weaker than ever. People would rather watch the Kings or Rockettes play the Dubs (if the arockettes slip again). It would be more talent and more entertaining.

tim_duncan_fan
02-23-2019, 08:38 PM
Miss the playoffs.

Package Demarr with our ~#12 pick to get up to top 5.

Draft someone good.

Profit.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 08:53 PM
Pelicans holding Davis out after playing him yesterday...another W for the Lakers upcoming. It has begun.

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 09:07 PM
The Lakers are getting fucking trashed by the Pelicans, who might be better without the loser Anthony Davis. Problem with trying to push the LAL into the playoffs is that they suck.

GusT15
02-23-2019, 09:12 PM
The Lakers are getting fucking trashed by the Pelicans, who might be better without the loser Anthony Davis. Problem with trying to push the LAL into the playoffs is that they suck.

Their scrubs that they tried to trade for PG,then #2,then AD,are actual scrubs it seems.

Then again Russel and Randle left LA as busts and are performing like present and future all stars on their new teams.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 09:13 PM

Agreed. I predicted 39 wins for LA. The league is going to have to work really hard to gift them the 7 or 8 additional wins above that that they'll need for the playoffs. Might end up being more obvious than the 2002 WCF fiasco.

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 09:27 PM
DLo is bringing Brooklyn back against a Charlotte team that was sticking it to them down the stretch. He's gone for 40 and has scored like their last 12 points late in the fourth.

A couple things: the Lakers team culture is complete shit and has been for years. With LeBron, it doesn't look to have changed. Everybody plays in his service. Russell is a star now, a mature player who knows how to win. I don't think the Lakers would be any better with him, because they'd just shit on his capabilities.

GusT15
02-23-2019, 09:37 PM
DLo is bringing Brooklyn back against a Charlotte team that was sticking it to them down the stretch. He's gone for 40 and has scored like their last 12 points late in the fourth.

A couple things: the Lakers team culture is complete shit and has been for years. With LeBron, it doesn't look to have changed. Everybody plays in his service. Russell is a star now, a mature player who knows how to win. I don't think the Lakers would be any better with him, because they'd just shit on his capabilities.

Russell has so many Manu moves in his game i can't help but root for him at times in Brooklyn.

I'm seeing a pattern with millennial draft picks under performing in LA,maybe their generation's attitude in combination with LA's spotlight makes for a toxic environment for players,not reaching their potential.Too many distractions.

Mr. Body
02-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Russell has so many Manu moves in his game i can't help but root for him at times in Brooklyn.

I'm seeing a pattern with millennial draft picks under performing in LA,maybe their generation's attitude in combination with LA's spotlight makes for a toxic environment for players,not reaching their potential.Too many distractions.

Their FO is piled high with bullshit any player can see through (Magic: "save some records for me!" to Lonzo Ball). They need good vets, a strong professional culture, and a serious commitment to the game. They don't have any of those. Their FO would rather chase the next big free agent instead of actually building a team. There's no discipline, no sense of hard work or doing the little things. It's just bullshit and swing for the fences.

They're also doing what Ainge is doing in Boston, which does have a good coach and a decent team culture (decent): they don't reward loyalty. Don't stand by their players, don't believe in them, show that they'll get rid of them any time they can. That's poison.

BD24
02-23-2019, 10:26 PM
Their scrubs that they tried to trade for PG,then #2,then AD,are actual scrubs it seems.

Then again Russel and Randle left LA as busts and are performing like present and future all stars on their new teams.
Randle actually played pretty well his last season in LA. They were pretty stupid to let him go tbh.

HWoodNixon
02-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Lost tonight against NOP

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Lost tonight against NOP

Adam Silver just threw up all over his LeBron shaped phallic.

spursistan
02-25-2019, 07:45 AM
This team is shitty enough to continue its freefall and miss out the playoffs on its own, but you also gotta watch the zebra whistle against them the rest of the way.

We are that kinda of boring ass team that the league would be glad to hose out of the post-season..

Othyus Lalanne
02-25-2019, 10:29 AM

I just heard the Ringer podcast guy tell that the League will cheat and it is what it is. Grow up fans. And also listen not the Ringer preach about how to be a good person.

Just like there was no agenda when Cleveland won the NBA draft lottery 3/4 years after Lebron left and the only year they didn't win, the NBA owned Hornets did.

Just like there was no agenda handing Lebron and the Cavs achampionship in 2016, fouling Curry out of a game for the first time in his career on a foul you don't see called in a preseason game let alone an NBA finals, suspending Green for a game for a hostile act, but not suspendig for an even more hostile act against OKC in the WCF's because was down in the series.

It's not a coincidence that the NBA has the worst drug testing system through out professional sports. A PED scandal in the NBA would completely rock the NBA to it's core, tarnishing the reputation the league along with the players in which the league has tried so hard to protect.

The NBA is one giant agenda after another for the sake of ratings.

Who cares about PED's? Cannot teach you when to reach in on a gamble, jump up for a rebound or make a Tony Parker Daredevil layup.

Kobe'sAchilles
02-25-2019, 10:57 AM
Spurs doing their part in this operation tbh.

TDomination
02-25-2019, 11:51 AM
Yep pretty much.

i can almost see it already, we miss out by 1 game. Lakers get 8th seed. And the narrative will be the Derozan once again gets ousted by lebron.

UncleDennis
02-25-2019, 12:41 PM

haha damn dude, so true... especially after those last two games, the guys cooking up the conspiracy plans in Silver's basement were probably just thinking they could just let the Spurs play the games out.

That Derozan slip and Kawhi steal was something they couldn't even come up with because it would look too planned, some World Wrestling Federation story line type shit.

TimmyBuckets
02-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Spurs fault they're gonna miss playoffs. The league didn't make them lose against Knicks. This team is trash.

DPG21920
02-25-2019, 01:05 PM
I hope the league gets LA in over SA. I really do. Even the 14th pick would be great for SA

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-25-2019, 02:37 PM
The two losses to Memphis, the Knicks loss, Bulls loss, Suns loss. Those all are going to hurt.

kaji157
02-25-2019, 02:53 PM
How is our record agains playoff teams?
We´ve played so shitty against non playoff teams that it might be better than our overall percentage.

Bynumite
02-25-2019, 09:49 PM
Look, the evil lakers and the evil jew made the spurs shoot a combined 10-48 from 3 against the knicks and nets :wow The conspiracy grows :lmao

Oh spurfans and their victim/small market complex :lol Your team is just not built for the 3pt era. "The Man" is not out to get you, your shortcomings and troubles are self-inflicted.

TheGreatYacht
02-26-2019, 04:50 AM
Look, the evil lakers and the evil jew made the spurs shoot a combined 10-48 from 3 against the knicks and nets :wow The conspiracy grows :lmao

Oh spurfans and their victim/small market complex :lol Your team is just not built for the 3pt era. "The Man" is not out to get you, your shortcomings and troubles are self-inflicted.
Rag dolled by Joakim Noah's corpse smfh....

Rummpd
02-26-2019, 05:04 AM
Spurs lost the two games they absolutely had to win and did so in pathetic style. No chance on playoffs.

Othyus Lalanne
02-26-2019, 01:08 PM

The Spurs could play badly and the Man could be out too get them. Both can be true.

DPG21920
02-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I’m so pissed la sucks so bad. SA is 1-7 and lakers lost ground? Unreal. F that team.

DPG21920
02-26-2019, 01:11 PM

Nba isn’t helping La. that’s dumb. But la sucks on their own and they are going to cost SA a lottery pick.

callo1
02-26-2019, 05:49 PM
Honestly, I watched that Lakers / Rockets. I didn't see the terrible officiating mentioned by the OP, I did however see that Harden didn't get the the normal nonsense calls he usually gets. I swear, that step-back push-off three point shot Harden constantly gets away with is criminal.

If you want to point to a game given to the Lakers, the Boston game a few weeks back was garbage. The Lakers got away with an absolute blatant 5 second inbound violation which allowed them to win the game. Not the Rondo buzzer beater, the three by Kuzma on the previous possession.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-27-2019, 06:40 PM

Ask the Sacramento Kings fans about the league fixing games for the Lakers.

What's sad is that in spite of everyone's efforts, the Lakers remain irrelevant.

rascal
02-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Nba isn’t helping La. that’s dumb. But la sucks on their own and they are going to cost SA a lottery pick.

I would rather watch the Spurs on draft night in the lottery than playing GS in the playoffs. Time for the rebuild and the draft is where it is going to have to happen.

8FOR!3
02-28-2019, 12:36 AM
Funny thing is D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle would probably fit really well next to LeBron and the Lakers let both of them go.

jjktkk
02-28-2019, 09:45 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Lt8umAStg

:lol, OP is a faggot, Conspiracy Theory. You need to move out of your parents basement. :lol

monty4329
03-02-2019, 09:23 AM
not relly working out that well, the "operation"

Kobe'sAchilles
03-02-2019, 09:39 AM
Tank Commander Lebron? Never thought I see the day. Lakersfan get in here and spin this shit. CHAAAARGE

Chris
03-03-2019, 12:14 AM
not relly working out that well, the "operation"

Nope :lol

slick'81
03-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Lakers fucking suck

K...
03-03-2019, 12:30 AM
Thank God this thread put a stop to the operation. Please op, do game threads for the playoffs

Barfunk
03-03-2019, 01:08 AM
Lol the Birthday Cakers

playbonner15
03-03-2019, 03:08 AM
Why is there a LaKERS thread on this forum lol bring this to the NBA section smh

monty4329
03-03-2019, 03:24 AM
I love this.

Lakers FO really screwed this up.

Othyus Lalanne
03-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Why is there a LaKERS thread on this forum lol bring this to the NBA section smh

It's a fun thread.

BatManu20
03-03-2019, 04:54 AM
Funny thing is D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle would probably fit really well next to LeBron and the Lakers let both of them go.

Same with Brooke Lopez. All 3 of those guys would make this Lakers team sooo much better than they are right now.

Indianman
03-03-2019, 08:28 AM
Aren't we glad that we did not trade Nephew for Laker trash?
Demps must be elated himself too.

8FOR!3
03-03-2019, 09:42 AM
Same with Brooke Lopez. All 3 of those guys would make this Lakers team sooo much better than they are right now.

I would agree but I don’t think Luke is smart enough of a coach to have used Brook like Coach Bud does

baseline bum
03-03-2019, 09:48 AM
I was in tears of laughter watching that fourth quarter last night. How the hell do you lose to Phoenix in a must win? :rollin

monty4329
03-03-2019, 10:16 AM
Aren't we glad that we did not trade Nephew for Laker trash?
Demps must be elated himself too.

You prefere DDR to Kuzma or Ingram?

monty4329
03-03-2019, 10:17 AM
I was in tears of laughter watching that fourth quarter last night. How the hell do you lose to Phoenix in a must win? :rollin

oh well, we know something about it...

baseline bum
03-03-2019, 10:25 AM

Same empty calories.

John B
03-03-2019, 12:20 PM
This is a fun thread. Lakers have done it again LeBron, Dwight, Nash, Malone, Peyton. Who’s next?

RC_Drunkford
03-03-2019, 12:57 PM
not even the refs can get this Lakers team in the playoffs:lmao

Play Boban
03-03-2019, 01:24 PM
LeGM. :lol

TimmyBuckets
03-03-2019, 01:46 PM

SpursDynasty85
03-03-2019, 01:50 PM

Ingram is ready for a significant pay raise and is not better than DeRozan at this point. Kiluzma has one good year after this on his contract but would likely not resign with the Spurs. DeRozan and Poeltl was the best value because of their likelihood of staying with the Spurs. Dont think you could say that about the other players rumored In the Kawhi fiasco.

Jules_Winnfield
03-03-2019, 01:51 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ZwOI2TEeVHWMtnb1XF/giphy.gif

R. DeMurre
03-03-2019, 02:11 PM
This conspiracy theory is starting to look a bit shaky.

I'm sure another one will take its place soon.

BatManu20
03-03-2019, 05:54 PM
This conspiracy theory is starting to look a bit shaky.

I'm sure another one will take its place soon.

Just wait til the Lakers defy odds and win the lottery/the Zion sweepstakes.

Hoops Czar
03-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Same empty calories.
Just like Russle and Randle once they left the Lakers.

GusT15
03-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Just wait til the Lakers defy odds and win the lottery/the Zion sweepstakes.

Nah,they wouldn't dare fix something like that at the 1% odd the Lakers will have.

They could gift them a top4 pick however.#3 sounds about right.

Mr. Body
03-03-2019, 06:09 PM
Nah,they wouldn't dare fix something like that at the 1% odd the Lakers will have.

They've fucked up their #2 picks time and time again. Why not one more time?

GusT15
03-03-2019, 06:13 PM
They've fucked up their #2 picks time and time again. Why not one more time?

Lebron is there now.He has that "fuck them kids" attitude all his life.

If they are gifted a high enough pick it's being packaged in a trade for sure.

monty4329
03-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Ingram is ready for a significant pay raise and is not better than DeRozan at this point. Kiluzma has one good year after this on his contract but would likely not resign with the Spurs. DeRozan and Poeltl was the best value because of their likelihood of staying with the Spurs. Dont think you could say that about the other players rumored In the Kawhi fiasco.

I disagree, Ingram is enourmosly better than DDR. No even close. From every point of view.

Mr. Body
03-03-2019, 06:26 PM
I disagree, Ingram is enourmosly better than DDR. No even close. From every point of view.

Lol wut

Kobe'sAchilles
03-03-2019, 07:32 PM
Both losers who play no defense. At least Demar can pass the ball. Plus he would probably leave SA next year anyways so we would have traded Kawhi for nothing.

Spurtacular
03-03-2019, 07:54 PM
Honestly, the Lakers didn't get a call or two they should've gotten against the Suns last night in the last four minutes. Stern Jr. gonna make sure those refs hear about that, tbh.

ZeusWillJudge
03-04-2019, 12:01 AM
Honestly, the Lakers didn't get a call or two they should've gotten against the Suns last night in the last four minutes. Stern Jr. gonna make sure those refs hear about that, tbh.

There's a reason why the conspiracy theories have legs. Did you see Trae Young get ejected tonight? I'll put a link below. If that game had meant anything, people would be screaming that the fix was in. When refs do stuff like this, the conspiracy theories will never stop.

Skip out to about the 1:40 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOKoElQNio

sasaint
03-04-2019, 12:31 AM
I love this.

The Lakers FO did screw it up, but LeBron screwed it up even worse - wasting at least one whole year late in his career. That's the part I like best.

Red Pill Regimen
03-04-2019, 01:49 AM
There's a reason why the conspiracy theories have legs. Did you see Trae Young get ejected tonight? I'll put a link below. If that game had meant anything, people would be screaming that the fix was in. When refs do stuff like this, the conspiracy theories will never stop.

Skip out to about the 1:40 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxOKoElQNio

If the implication is that shit happens when nothing is on the line, then you've made a really shitty argument. ROTY is up for grabs and Trae is getting too hot for a league that benefits greatly from a white guy like Doncic taking the honors.

R. DeMurre
03-04-2019, 02:24 AM
The thing about the vast majority of Conspiracy Theories is that there are no specifics. If your argument is that refs are human and they make shitty calls sometimes based on some subjective bias, then I'd agree, yes, that is plausible. But if you're saying that Adam Silver picked up the phone and called the refs working a certain game and told them to make sure one team got all the favorable calls... well, I'm calling bullshit on that. Look at this thread: there's a conspiracy theory that things are rigged for the Lakers to get into the playoffs, AND another that the Lakers will land Zion in the draft... If neither of these come true, does anyone say, "Ok, I was wrong-- I admit it." No, they just move on to the next theory until they get one right and then say, "A-Ha! See?! I TOLD you!"

Russ
03-04-2019, 10:54 AM
Lebron with the Lakers is starting to look as irrelevant as Michael Jordan with the Wizards

The Lakers have missed the playoffs five straight years (six including this year) and the future looks even worse now than it did a couple of years ago.

What do the Lakers have to show for all their high lottery picks, five years and counting?

They have a roster not good enough to make the playoffs and, even worse, their best player is in decline -- he won't be as good next year as he is now. (And he has a $41 million/year salary upcoming.)

They rid themselves of Julius Randle, D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson and Zubac for, literally, nothing in return. (But not to worry, they have Lonzo Ball and his dad adding their own brand of positive energy.)

So where will the Lakers brain trust lead them now?

Jeannie Buss is not a rocket scientist -- Lebron has played her worse than Phil Jackson did. And Jeannie is running out of family members to get rid of (remember how dumping Jim Buss was supposed to solve all problems?).

Jerry West wanted to come back and reassemble the championship Lakers but instead Jeannie chose someone named Rob Pelinka.

Now the Clippers are owned by a billionaire and, across the hall, the Lakers are a struggling mom and pop organization (with no pop in sight).

The Lakers have about as much future as the Queen of England (according to the Sex Pistols).

Dex
03-04-2019, 11:00 AM
I love this.

The best part is just watching the Laker Fan's delusions come crashing down.

They were convinced LeBron would mean an instant ticket to the WCF.

They were convinced their young bloods were the second coming of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.

They were convinced that boneheads like Lance, Rondo, Beas, KCP, and McGee would magically turn their games around (In fairness, JaVale has been okay for them).

They were convinced that the FO would pull strings at the trade deadline to bring in a sidekick for LeBron.

And despite all this turmoil, they are still convinced that Kawhi or KD is going to come calling this summer, and New Orleans will reconsider their garbage offer for the best bigman in the game.

The only silver lining of this topsy-turvy Spurs season is watching Lebron's Lakers crash and burn.

TDomination
03-04-2019, 11:44 AM

They were convinced their young bloods were the second coming of Magic, Bird, and Jordan.

They were convinced that boneheads like Lance, Rondo, Beas, KCP, and McGee would magically turn their games around (In fairness, JaVale has been okay for them).

They were convinced that the FO would pull strings at the trade deadline to bring in a sidekick for LeBron.

And despite all this turmoil, they are still convinced that Kawhi or KD is going to come calling this summer, and New Orleans will reconsider their garbage offer for the best bigman in the game.

The only silver lining of this topsy-turvy Spurs season is watching Lebron's Lakers crash and burn.

Yep! If spurs can make it to the playoffs and Lakers miss, I'd consider this a successful season Haha. Especially since we helped them get 3 losses. Love it.

Dex
03-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Even the jobless Carmelo Anthony don't want any part of that shitstorm. :lol

ZeusWillJudge
03-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Yep! If spurs can make it to the playoffs and Lakers miss, I'd consider this a successful season Haha. Especially since we helped them get 3 losses. Love it.

The Lakers will be laughing all the way to the draft. "Winning" the 8th seed is sort of a dubious honor.

baseline bum
03-04-2019, 01:08 PM
The Lakers will be laughing all the way to the draft. "Winning" the 8th seed is sort of a dubious honor.

The Spurs would probably get knocked out in five if they can get to the #7 seed and face Denver, but at least it won't be a bunch of 141-102 games. I guess Poetl is better than nothing but I kind of wished they would have just held on to Leonard and suspended him.

monty4329
03-04-2019, 01:58 PM
The Spurs would probably get knocked out in five if they can get to the #7 seed and face Denver, but at least it won't be a bunch of 141-102 games. I guess Poetl is better than nothing but I kind of wished they would have just held on to Leonard and suspended him.

Considering how bad DDR is, I also wish we kept Leonard and played him at center in garbage time.

exstatic
03-04-2019, 03:51 PM

Uh, no. The media would have you believe otherwise, but his PER is 13.5, not even league average 15.0, and his VORP is -0.4. That means that you could pick up a player off waivers, give him enough touches on the horrible Lakers squad, and that player would likely give you his productivity, plus a smidgen. He's just hyped because he's on the Lakers. If he were a T'Pup, or some other flyover franchise's player, he'd be called an out and out bust for a #2 pick. If you want to go old school stats, Demar wins there, too. More ppg/apg/rpg.

baseline bum
03-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Uh, no. The media would have you believe otherwise, but his PER is 13.5, not even league average 15.0, and his VORP is -0.4. That means that you could pick up a player off waivers, give him enough touches on the horrible Lakers squad, and that player would likely give you his productivity, plus a smidgen. He's just hyped because he's on the Lakers. If he were a T'Pup, or some other flyover franchise's player, he'd be called an out and out bust for a #2 pick. If you want to go old school stats, Demar wins there, too. More ppg/apg/rpg.

:bobo

Ingram sucks

Mugen
03-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Haven't really watched them much this season but would be pretty crazy/hilarious if they actually missed the playoffs...

Still think their young guys are overrated AF but the real issue is Maginka nabbing LeBron in Free Agency and then surrounding him with the worst possible vets you possibly could.....Rondo, Lance, McGee, Chandler, KCP, Beasley :lmao

exstatic
03-04-2019, 04:22 PM
Haven't really watched them much this season but would be pretty crazy/hilarious if they actually missed the playoffs...

Still think their young guys are overrated AF but the real issue is Maginka nabbing LeBron in Free Agency and then surrounding him with the worst possible vets you possibly could.....Rondo, Lance, McGee, Chandler, KCP, Beasley :lmao

The hilarious thing is that if Davis IS traded elsewhere, and I'd consider it highly likely, they'll have to put together ANOTHER one year shit sandwich roster to save the cap room for him. Two years of wasted LeBron.

John B
03-04-2019, 05:01 PM

Even with help, they don’t know what to do with it. They had Russell and gave him away. Lonzo? And they just alienated their young guns. The only thing going for them are the Laker Girls

XDT76
03-04-2019, 05:45 PM

The "Superstars" of today who all wanted a free ride to glory rather than doing the heavy lifting of dragging the team towards it.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-04-2019, 05:55 PM

All da truf.

GusT15
03-04-2019, 06:41 PM

Pelinka and Aids didn't lure Lebron,they didn't recruit him.He wanted to go to LA to shoot Space Jam 2 this summer and his wife and kids were already living in LA.So he called them and said that he was signing with the Lakers.That wasn't a front office success.He just informed them.

And being too busy with movie scripts and hip hop albums,he neglected playing GM and look what happened.He brought it on himself.
The AD fiasco was the nail in the coffin and that was all Lebron and Rich Paul as well.

Barfunk
03-05-2019, 01:13 AM
Lmao! birthday cakers!

R. DeMurre
03-05-2019, 03:40 AM
Things are looking more and more bleak for the Lakers. I don't think they can land AD this summer, because they don't have the pieces and New Orleans probably wants to send him anywhere but L.A. at this point. I don't see KD, Klay, or Kawhi going there. No one really wants Lonzo, so his trade value is low. If they sign DeMarcus Cousins, it'll be a year of drama and dysfunction. Vucevic seems too low key and sensible to want to play there. Jimmy Butler & LeBron would be a volatile pairing. If they can't land a major free agent or two this summer they have no chance next season, and that leaves them running the following year with Lebron turning 36. Wow...

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-05-2019, 08:32 AM
You need the Lakers in the playoffs. Why? Cause if they don't make it I can see them winning the 1st overall pick and getting Zion. No conspiracy there...

sasaint
03-05-2019, 08:48 AM
Even with help, they don’t know what to do with it. They had Russell and gave him away. Lonzo? And they just alienated their young guns. The only thing going for them are the Laker Girls

LeBron and the Laker kids' locker room must be a load of laughs. The entertainment should continue this off-season.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Lebron realizing that he's know longer on top and grasping at any straw that takes the blame away from him.
Injuries killed our season :cry
Lonzo is our savior :cry
The team has a worse record with me back than it did when I was out but I'm still going to harp on the kids and blame them for where we are at :cry

exstatic
03-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Pelinka and Aids didn't lure Lebron,they didn't recruit him.He wanted to go to LA to shoot Space Jam 2 this summer and his wife and kids were already living in LA.So he called them and said that he was signing with the Lakers.That wasn't a front office success.He just informed them.

And being too busy with movie scripts and hip hop albums,he neglected playing GM and look what happened.He brought it on himself.
The AD fiasco was the nail in the coffin and that was all Lebron and Rich Paul as well.

I have a hard time believing that Klutch will outlive LeBron's NBA career. They seem as stupid as Kawhi's "group", and don't understand leverage or pressure points at all. They've made the same mistake that The Group made in trying to force a team to trade for the Lakers trash. So far, representation agencies are 0-2 with that ploy.

JPB
03-05-2019, 11:16 AM

Yeah, ouch...

But cool, now he can sign with SA

GusT15
03-05-2019, 11:22 AM
I have a hard time believing that Klutch will outlive LeBron's NBA career. They seem as stupid as Kawhi's "group", and don't understand leverage or pressure points at all. They've made the same mistake that The Group made in trying to force a team to trade for the Lakers trash. So far, representation agencies are 0-2 with that ploy.

I honestly don't know.They also have the mess of Nerlens Noel contract in their track record.Yet,they handled Bledsoe's contract with intelligence last week.
It just may be that Lebron was more to blame in the AD situation than Rich Paul.Time will tell.

JPB
03-05-2019, 11:33 AM
LA was still somehow in the run for a PO spot until up AD trade talks...

How do you want players to feel involved and leave it all out on the floor while your name is all over the media and your FO publicly acknowledging they want to trade half the team for Davis?

-'Hey, we want to trade your ass but we love you, you're family... so please get us in the PO'.

Same for Lebron, your leader who was certainly saying all the nice things in the locker room while lobbying for AD behind the curtains... 'Follow my lead!'

Youngters have quit on the team and Lebron...

Time to ask Lakers fans if they still think spurs were asking too much for Kawhitter...

baseline bum
03-05-2019, 11:45 AM

Can't wait to see the bullshit Klutch pulls with DeJounte's contract.

baseline bum
03-05-2019, 11:48 AM

How do you want players to feel involved and leave it all out on the floor while your name is all over the media and your FO publicly acknowledging they want to trade half the team for Davis?

-'Hey, we want to trade your ass but we love you, you're family... so please get us in the PO'.

Same for Lebron, your leader who was certainly saying all the nice things in the locker room while lobbying for AD behind the curtains... 'Follow my lead!'

Time to ask Lakers fans if they still think spurs were asking too much for Kawhitter...

Honestly feels more like LeBron quitting on them with how lazy and unfocused he has looked since not getting Davis. LMAO at him really believing another team would trade him an in his prime Hall of Famer for a grab bag of crap that accomplished all of 35 wins last season.

GusT15
03-05-2019, 11:50 AM

"Hey Dejounte,if you want to force a trade,tweet a simple I don't want to be here.Then we'll say you were in a hair saloon!"

monty4329
03-05-2019, 01:01 PM

True, in part. There's also the lack of talent to consider. Vets are just washed out dinosaurs who can't guard anybody (Rondo? Chandler? Stephenson?....), the others besides Ingram and Kuzma can't hit a shot from 5 feet. They simply are bad. I know that at a time thye were in 4th spot, but that was early season, Dallas or Memphis were up there too....You can't hide mediocrity.

John B
03-05-2019, 01:10 PM
Yeah, ouch...

But cool, now he can sign with SA
They could make a reality show with the banana boat bitches :lmao

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-05-2019, 06:49 PM

Ugh...probably will sit out half of next season rehabbing in New York with his own doctors.

GusT15
03-06-2019, 11:13 PM
The Lakers are gonna miss the playoffs.

The Nuggets are up 20 in Staples right now.

And they are counting down Lebron's points needed to pass MJ in the scoring list.

This has to either be a joke,or they must really be a joke franchise nowadays.

He didn't even score those points for your team you morons,he just got there!

Russ
03-06-2019, 11:31 PM
The Lakers are gonna miss the playoffs.

The Nuggets are up 20 in Staples right now.

And they are counting down Lebron's points needed to pass MJ in the scoring list.

This has to either be a joke,or they must really be a joke franchise nowadays.

He didn't even score those points for your team you morons,he just got there!

Didn't Dominique Wilkins have some career milestones for the Spurs during their lost season . . .

GusT15
03-06-2019, 11:38 PM
Didn't Dominique Wilkins hit some career milestones for the Spurs during their lost season . . .

You are seriously comparing a tanking Spurs team that knew what they were doing and got Tim Duncan out of it,with the overhyped Lakers of this year?

The ESPN licking their balls all day,Lakers? The Lakers that failed horribly?
And they had a live countdown of Lebron's points?
Next to the actual score that said how much they suck?
And they were cheering every Lebron basket?

Come on man

Russ
03-06-2019, 11:47 PM
You are seriously comparing a tanking Spurs team that knew what they were doing and got Tim Duncan out of it,with the overhyped Lakers of this year?

?

cjw
03-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Didn't Dominique Wilkins have some career milestones for the Spurs during their lost season . . .

Did the Lakers lose a HOFer this season like the Spurs did in their ONE lost season? A center who would be the advanced metrics nerds favorite player in the league? I don’t think so.

They have zero excuses. Not sure if this is GM Lebron who wanted to surround himself with castoffs, or if he was okay waiting a year until the books open up a bit.

Statswise, Lebron is at or above career averages. But his impact on the floor (+1.5 net rtg) isn’t enough to make up for dreadfully play when he sits or is out of the lineup (-5.4). If you watch them play, it’s no surprise Josh Hart is their second most positive impact player of guys who get big minutes, and stats prove it out. Everyone else is a misfit.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-07-2019, 12:26 AM
Didn't Dominique Wilkins have some career milestones for the Spurs during their lost season . . . Everything in the state of California is a joke now a days.

Barfunk
03-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Lol pastry bakers

GusT15
03-07-2019, 02:10 AM
Down 16.
2-8 record on their last 10.
Missing the playoffs.
Horrible basketball played.
30-35 record.
And this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=vZc23osawP8

Joke of a franchise.

BillMc
03-07-2019, 11:32 PM
So LeBron makes the Finals every year out of the East, but can't make the playoffs in the West.:lmao Tell me again how he's the best ever? Top 10, yes, but this GOAT talk is disrespectful to some other greats. Dude got lucky to win 2 of his 3 finals rings. Easily could have been 1-8

phxspurfan
03-08-2019, 03:44 AM
_lLJGvygENo

pgardn
03-09-2019, 09:51 PM
The Lakers are not cooperating with the plan of TheGiantFloatingTurd.

Genovaswitness
03-09-2019, 10:13 PM
goddamn the lakers are horrible

R. DeMurre
03-10-2019, 11:13 PM
This conspiracy theory died a quiet death.

DAF86
03-11-2019, 12:03 AM
Down 16.
2-8 record on their last 10.
Missing the playoffs.
Horrible basketball played.
30-35 record.
And this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=vZc23osawP8

Joke of a franchise.

It's gonna be weird for Lakers fans when he passes Kobe. Hopefully it happens on Staple Center. :lol

JPB
03-11-2019, 01:30 AM
The most depressing (and fascinating) part for Lakers fans is that there isn't even really hope of greater things to come...

Players don't want to sign there (the biggest market and hyped franchise of the league!) and GMs don't wanna deal with them...

All they got these past few years is past their prime washed up stars (Malone, Nash, Lebron (it's the beginning of the end for him, mentally more than anything and he came here for his business) or disgruntled, has beens/never beens (Brooke Lopez, McGee, Lance, Rajon... that always badly fails...

Oh, and they reached that point with 3 top 3 picks and no franchise has lost more than the Lakers in the past 5-6 years...

LA's trying to revive their past glory instead on building a new one, they're dysfunctional at every level... Be grateful for PATFO, peeps...

Chomag
03-11-2019, 07:14 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that If LeBron was in the West his whole career he would only have been considered as a very good all star but not a legend and maybe somewhere even in the top 30 of all time. Just saying...

Indianman
03-11-2019, 08:27 AM
I have no doubt in my mind that If LeBron was in the West his whole career he would only have been considered as a very good all star but not a legend and maybe somewhere even in the top 30 of all time. Just saying...

Something like a Carmelo Anthony?

John B
03-11-2019, 09:43 AM
Hmm a very intriguing point

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Very true point. Imagine Duncan in the East his whole career. If the lottery balls had bounced the Celtics way like the odds said they would Timmy could have 15 Finals appearances on his resume. Who would have ever stood in his way out east except for a challenge from the Pistons in the mid-2000s? It took a super-team and luck for LeBron to capture his first two titles. The Cleveland title was an astonishing 3-1 meltdown by the Warriors. I'm not saying take away anything from those 3 rings, but Tim might have had 8-10 championships by being in the Finals almost every year.

BillMc
03-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Great point.

I mean team success isn't everything but he was 1-2 against the Spurs, 1-3 vs Golden State, 0-1 vs Dallas. In the finals he's now 1-2 vs Durant, 1-2 vs Duncan (with his 1 win by the narrowest of margins vs a sweep and the biggest differential in Finals history in the 2 losses respectively), and 0-1 vs Dirk, so there's 3 forwards who have bragging rights over him. Again, not saying it is everything. But making it an either/or of the GOAT MUST BE Jordan or LeBron is silly when others have so much success against you. Not to mention Kareem should have a say too.

My view is LeBron is kinda like Wilt. The numbers will be staggering when done, and he was dominate enough to get a couple of championships (Wilt 2, LBJ 3) but he was never quite as good as you think when others (Russell for Wilt, TD, Splash Brothers, Durant for LBJ) win the long term war. And, if the excuse is, LBJ's teams weren't good enough, well, he choose where he wanted to go. Only Durant, of the people I mentioned, was similar.

ZeusWillJudge
03-12-2019, 01:01 PM

Hard to argue with. I don't like LeBron, but I've always tried to give him the credit he's due. But you can't overlook just how ridiculously stacked the Western Conference was during the Duncan years. And not just stacked - to get out of the West, you had to be flexible enough to win different ways, against teams that were very good in very different ways. In the East, any team with Duncan would have just been a steamroller.

sasaint
03-12-2019, 01:12 PM

:tu In all honesty, as much as I dislike him, I have always thought LeBron had a legitimate argument for GOAT - not strongly supported by his accomplishments, but the guy had all the physical tools and skills and was a beast, size-wise, able to play virtually 1-5, if he were inclined. But your point has shed new light on LeBron's career for my eyes. Good post!

sasaint
03-12-2019, 01:15 PM
Great point.

I mean team success isn't everything but he was 1-2 against the Spurs, 1-3 vs Golden State, 0-1 vs Dallas. In the finals he's now 1-2 vs Durant, 1-2 vs Duncan (with his 1 win by the narrowest of margins vs a sweep and the biggest differential in Finals history in the 2 losses respectively), and 0-1 vs Dirk, so there's 3 forwards who have bragging rights over him. Again, not saying it is everything. But making it an either/or of the GOAT MUST BE Jordan or LeBron is silly when others have so much success against you. Not to mention Kareem should have a say too.

My view is LeBron is kinda like Wilt. The numbers will be staggering when done, and he was dominate enough to get a couple of championships (Wilt 2, LBJ 3) but he was never quite as good as you think when others (Russell for Wilt, TD, Splash Brothers, Durant for LBJ) win the long term war. And, if the excuse is, LBJ's teams weren't good enough, well, he choose where he wanted to go. Only Durant, of the people I mentioned, was similar.

Just another layer to add to Tim's loyalty to the Spurs. Really only the one flirtation with Orlando that I know of... Did Tim ever think, "Wow, I should just go to the Least and clean up"?

DAF86
03-12-2019, 01:53 PM

Something like a Carmelo Anthony?

Hmm a very intriguing point

Very true point. Imagine Duncan in the East his whole career. If the lottery balls had bounced the Celtics way like the odds said they would Timmy could have 15 Finals appearances on his resume. Who would have ever stood in his way out east except for a challenge from the Pistons in the mid-2000s? It took a super-team and luck for LeBron to capture his first two titles. The Cleveland title was an astonishing 3-1 meltdown by the Warriors. I'm not saying take away anything from those 3 rings, but Tim might have had 8-10 championships by being in the Finals almost every year.

Great point.

Hard to argue with. I don't like LeBron, but I've always tried to give him the credit he's due. But you can't overlook just how ridiculously stacked the Western Conference was during the Duncan years. And not just stacked - to get out of the West, you had to be flexible enough to win different ways, against teams that were very good in very different ways. In the East, any team with Duncan would have just been a steamroller.

lol sons. :lol

KDKSpurs24
03-12-2019, 02:05 PM
Don’t forget that his teammates would have been Western conference players too.. it’s not just about the main star that has led to the success of the western conference. Lebron is probably the greatest individual player ever when it comes to overall court performance from a basketball standpoint but people love to bring career success into play and not consider all the other variables(teams they played against, who was injured, who struggled, etc). That’s why I stay out of these talks most of the time because most of it is completely opinionated and no way to ever prove who’s the best. I understand the side where it creates fun and intense debates though.. so carry on.

Rummpd
03-14-2019, 04:41 AM
Days are left to Walton fired...LaBoom gets to select next coach, sign Carmello next season, will strike out on major free agents....

John B
03-14-2019, 04:55 AM
Days are left to Walton fired...LaBoom gets to select next coach, sign Carmello next season, will strike out on major free agents....
A big time coach would not help this team imo, unless Lebron learns to be coached. I’m also curious what their young players reaction after being openly shopped around.

buttsR4rebounding
03-14-2019, 09:37 AM
So LeBron goes to the Lakers and not only do they miss the playoffs, but they may actually end up with a worse record than last year. They have to go 8-9 the rest of the way to beat last year's record. They have a very tough schedule against a lot of teams from the West that are jockeying for the playoffs. Looking at their schedule and the fact that they are limiting LeBron's minutes now I think they go 5-12 or 6-11 to close. I made 2 bets when I was in Vegas before the start of the season. One was on the Spurs to win more than 42 1/2 games and for the Lakers to lose more than 52 1/2 games. Easy money.

SpursforSix
03-14-2019, 10:04 AM
Just another layer to add to Tim's loyalty to the Spurs. Really only the one flirtation with Orlando that I know of... Did Tim ever think, "Wow, I should just go to the Least and clean up"?

I'm not trying to argue his loyalty. But it would have been foolish to leave a team with Manu and Tony with the best coach at the time and having a legit shot at a ring every year. Having that kind of organization around a player tends to help with the loyalty part. They really have him no reason to want to change teams.

monty4329
03-14-2019, 10:10 AM
According to ESPN, the Pels are set not to send AD to the Lakers. Thye must be seriously pissed at Magic bullying tactics. Plus they have the same ownership of the Saints who were robbed and raped by LA team (their lady owner wrote a great letter to the fans about being livid at the robbery).
I hope Toronto sign nephew and then somehow find the way to trade him for AD: god that would be fun (I know it is technically impossible, but it would be lovely).

Dex
03-14-2019, 10:24 AM
According to ESPN, the Pels are set not to send AD to the Lakers. Thye must be seriously pissed at Magic bullying tactics. Plus they have the same ownership of the Saints who were robbed and raped by LA team (their lady owner wrote a great letter to the fans about being livid at the robbery).
I hope Toronto sign nephew and then somehow find the way to trade him for AD: god that would be fun (I know it is technically impossible, but it would be lovely).

Even outside of the collusion crap, the value of the Lakers offer has fallen even since the trade deadline:

Ball - out for season with ankle issue, still has a batshit crazy father who doesn't want him in NO
Ingram - out for season due to DVT, could be career threatening
Kuzma - good on offense, net negative on defense

All of the rest are veterans and scraps nobody wants.

I don't think the Lakers 10th-12th pick is really gonna seal the deal.

monty4329
03-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Even outside of the collusion crap, the value of the Lakers offer has fallen even since the trade deadline:

Ball - out for season with ankle issue, still has a batshit crazy father who doesn't want him in NO
Ingram - out for season due to DVT, could be career threatening
Kuzma - good on offense, net negative on defense

All of the rest are veterans and scraps nobody wants.

I don't think the Lakers 10th-12th pick is really gonna seal the deal.

I totally agree, but I've seen worse (i.e. Pau trade...), anyway the Lakers could very well acquire a lot of assets to offer NO. Also, do you think NO can get much on the market this summer? Look what we got for Nephew (a bad contract). I expect serious talks between the Warriors and NO if Durant leaves, in that case the Lakers will get Thompson

superbigtime
03-14-2019, 02:04 PM
I just LOVE this.

TimmyBuckets
03-15-2019, 12:30 AM
Wow Ingram's injury was the worst possible thing that could've happened to the Lakers. Let go of Randle and now left w/ Lonzo and Kuz as pieces? Lol. I wonder how this is gonna effect Celtics' offers for AD now that Lakers have less value. Could effect entire AD market.

monty4329
03-15-2019, 06:52 AM
Wow Ingram's injury was the worst possible thing that could've happened to the Lakers. Let go of Randle and now left w/ Lonzo and Kuz as pieces? Lol. I wonder how this is gonna effect Celtics' offers for AD now that Lakers have less value. Could effect entire AD market.

We could trade DDR + White for AD

R. DeMurre
03-15-2019, 01:13 PM

Top 30? C'mon-- that's ludicrous. Looking at his stats, traditional & advanced, that argument is impossible. This is an "off" year for him and he's putting up 27.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 8 apg, 1.4 spg, shooting 51.7 FG%. He's led the league in RPM multiple times... There's no serious way to argue there are 29 guys who can say they've had the same impact.

R. DeMurre
03-15-2019, 01:21 PM

I'd bet that AD to the Lakers is done... The only far outside shot I can see is if the Lakers beat the odds and get the #1 pick, and even in that case, it would be a risk to give up 3 years of Zion on a rookie scale versus AD being maxed out...

I still see Toronto as the best option for New Orleans-- Siakam & whatever pieces sets them up for success paired with Jrue Holiday.

TheCerebral1
03-15-2019, 01:32 PM
Operation: Who gives a fuck about Lebron James and his "rent a ring" campaign. Also, fuck the Los Angeles Lakers.

baseline bum
03-15-2019, 01:35 PM

That's lunacy. If Tim was on Boston there would be no David Robinson, no Manu Ginobili, and no Tony Parker lining up next to him. The Celtics completely botched Chauncey Billups' development and they would never be in a position to draft Paul Pierce with Duncan on the team. Watching Tim have to carry Antoine Walker and Dana Barros would have been brutal.

baseline bum
03-15-2019, 01:37 PM

Well of course now. Ingram's trade value is zeroed out by his DVT and they're not trading a HOF player in his prime for crap like Kuzma and Ball. Not that Ingram wasn't crap too, but at least he had that five game stretch after the AS break. :lol

Dex
03-15-2019, 01:54 PM
Well of course now. Ingram's trade value is zeroed out by his DVT and they're not trading a HOF player in his prime for crap like Kuzma and Ball. Not that Ingram wasn't crap too, but at least he had that five game stretch after the AS break. :lol

No way the Hornets touch Lonzo after his daddy went on ESPN crying that he didn't want his kid in New Orleans.

Lavar is already enough of a nonsense when he is playing for the team he wants...I can't imagine they want anything to do with that drama.

BillMc
03-15-2019, 03:55 PM
Operation: Who gives a fuck about Lebron James and his "rent a ring" campaign. Also, fuck the Los Angeles Lakers.

This man gets it.

Dex
03-18-2019, 12:04 AM
My favorite Laker Fan lament so far, courtesy of reddit:

I don't think people understand how much I fucking hate the Lakers this year.
EDIT: For people quoting me and asking things. Yes, Caruso is a solid backup. Williams also showing signs. But that's not the issue. I hate the Lakers this year cause of how everything was handled; The stupid signing of players. The injuries we encountered. Luke's idiotic coaching for years now. LeBron's "I'm bigger than life" attitude. Shit defense. Shit offense. Robs Bible stories like we're about to fight the Holy War. Magic's lunacy. The Anthony Davis saga. The fact nobody gives a fuck that after all these years and that after 5 years of sucking, we get LeBron, we still suck.
So year, I hate the Lakers, and this nightmare can't end soon enough.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 02:43 AM
Man, Lakers losing to everybody.

monty4329
03-18-2019, 03:28 AM
My favorite Laker Fan lament so far, courtesy of reddit:
I don't think people understand how much I fucking hate the Lakers this year.
EDIT: For people quoting me and asking things. Yes, Caruso is a solid backup. Williams also showing signs. But that's not the issue. I hate the Lakers this year cause of how everything was handled; The stupid signing of players. The injuries we encountered. Luke's idiotic coaching for years now. LeBron's "I'm bigger than life" attitude. Shit defense. Shit offense. Robs Bible stories like we're about to fight the Holy War. Magic's lunacy. The Anthony Davis saga. The fact nobody gives a fuck that after all these years and that after 5 years of sucking, we get LeBron, we still suck.
So year, I hate the Lakers, and this nightmare can't end soon enough.

And here there's people smearing Spurs FO....
20+ years in the playoffs, etc etc...Spurs is the fucking holy grail of basketball organizations

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-18-2019, 10:30 AM
This man gets it.

Bill, amazing signature. Props. :tu

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-18-2019, 10:35 AM
That's lunacy. If Tim was on Boston there would be no David Robinson, no Manu Ginobili, and no Tony Parker lining up next to him. The Celtics completely botched Chauncey Billups' development and they would never be in a position to draft Paul Pierce with Duncan on the team. Watching Tim have to carry Antoine Walker and Dana Barros would have been brutal.

I guess I imagine the Celtics, or any team, having the motivation to put the right pieces around a once in a generation talent like Tim Duncan, so my thought process involves the pieces around him changing.

Maybe a better example would have been Timmy going to Orlando in the FA signing that wasn't. Orlando was motivated to build a super-team at the time, and may have made the moves to do so. It's a whole bunch of what-ifs, I realize. Maybe the best hypothetical scenario is what if the Spurs had never gotten moved from the East to the West. Leave the Spurs in the Eastern conference where they started and how many titles would they have had.

Bottom line is there was always a major obstacle to the finals out West, and yet Timmy found his way there 6 times. The Spurs of the East would have had a much easier finals path and Tim's career may be lauded amongst the top two or three players of all time instead of the top 5 to 10.

baseline bum
03-18-2019, 10:58 AM
I guess I imagine the Celtics, or any team, having the motivation to put the right pieces around a once in a generation talent like Tim Duncan, so my thought process involves the pieces around him changing.

Maybe a better example would have been Timmy going to Orlando in the FA signing that wasn't. Orlando was motivated to build a super-team at the time, and may have made the moves to do so. It's a whole bunch of what-ifs, I realize. Maybe the best hypothetical scenario is what if the Spurs had never gotten moved from the East to the West. Leave the Spurs in the Eastern conference where they started and how many titles would they have had.

Bottom line is there was always a major obstacle to the finals out West, and yet Timmy found his way there 6 times. The Spurs of the East would have had a much easier finals path and Tim's career may be lauded amongst the top two or three players of all time instead of the top 5 to 10.

If Tim went to Orlando it would have been the same situation since they had a ton of unproductive money tied up in Grant Hill. Duncan was obviously the foundation of everything the Spurs did but he's not winning five rings on some Eastern conference team drafting crap with their #25-30 pick every year. Orlando, Boston or whoever else isn't finding Manu at #57, TP at #28, and George Hill at #26 and then trading him for Kawhi at #15. And they wouldn't have the stability of a generational coach like Pop who has been able to adapt the team as times have changed. Rick Pitino or Doc Rivers wasn't coaching him to five rings. The Spurs were a perfect storm of a generational talent in Duncan, an unselfish willing and able mentor in Robinson who was still a pretty great player too, and the best organization an NBA team has ever had from GM to coach to assistants. Every part of that equation was critical to those five rings. We already saw what happens to a generational talent who doesn't have that kind of first rate front office building the team around him in David's prime.

Leetonidas
03-18-2019, 11:05 AM
Operation get Lakers the #1 pick has begun tbh

BillMc
03-18-2019, 11:13 AM
Bill, amazing signature. Props. :tu

Cheers bro.:bobo

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-18-2019, 11:22 AM
If Tim went to Orlando it would have been the same situation since they had a ton of unproductive money tied up in Grant Hill. Duncan was obviously the foundation of everything the Spurs did but he's not winning five rings on some Eastern conference team drafting crap with their #25-30 pick every year. Orlando, Boston or whoever else isn't finding Manu at #57, TP at #28, and George Hill at #26 and then trading him for Kawhi at #15. And they wouldn't have the stability of a generational coach like Pop who has been able to adapt the team as times have changed. Rick Pitino or Doc Rivers wasn't coaching him to five rings. The Spurs were a perfect storm of a generational talent in Duncan, an unselfish willing and able mentor in Robinson who was still a pretty great player too, and the best organization an NBA team has ever had from GM to coach to assistants. Every part of that equation was critical to those five rings. We already saw what happens to a generational talent who doesn't have that kind of first rate front office building the team around him in David's prime.

Valid points. I lived through Prime Robinson's career getting wasted, so I feel the pain in that as much as anyone, and get what you're saying.

My argument really wasn't about Tim taking eastern teams to the finals, it was more about had Tim played in the east, rather than the west, how would his career have looked. So perhaps my last example about the Spurs having never been moved to the Western conference is a more valid comparison. Give Tim his team, his city, and his teammates in the Eastern conference for twenty years instead of the West, and what would his legacy look like now. That probably a better stated question.

sasaint
03-18-2019, 11:23 AM

You need to re-post this summary of greatness every few weeks as a reminder to a bunch of folks on ST. Perfect, sir.

Arcadian
03-18-2019, 11:28 AM
:lol They're not getting in.

R. DeMurre
03-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Not getting help to make the playoffs, not getting Zion, none of it. The conspiracy theorists are just dead wrong in this thread.

Seventyniner
03-18-2019, 12:08 PM
My argument really wasn't about Tim taking eastern teams to the finals, it was more about had Tim played in the east, rather than the west, how would his career have looked. So perhaps my last example about the Spurs having never been moved to the Western conference is a more valid comparison. Give Tim his team, his city, and his teammates in the Eastern conference for twenty years instead of the West, and what would his legacy look like now. That probably a better stated question.

Or, alternatively, if the NBA had a 1-16 seeding system in place with no conferences from the start of Duncan's career. How many more playoff and series wins would Duncan have, and how many fewer would LeBron have?

rjv
03-18-2019, 12:20 PM

not to mention how adept the spurs were at bringing in quality veterans such as horry, elie, finley, willis and so on.

monty4329
03-18-2019, 12:44 PM

Perfect

Dverde
03-18-2019, 03:58 PM
Not getting help to make the playoffs, not getting Zion, none of it. The conspiracy theorists are just dead wrong in this thread.

LBJ spent all his capital on that D Wade All-Star spot...now he’ll have more time to ruin Space Jam 2

BillMc
03-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Longer offseason, time for more hair transplants.

Dex
03-18-2019, 04:31 PM

Bingo.

For every Tim Duncan, there is a collection of Barkleys, Webbers, McGrady's, Iverson's etc...supreme talents who never had the right pieces in the staff and team to make it work.

This generation will be no different. AD has been wasting away in New Orleans. Embiid is a great player but still hasn't won anything. The Suns ended up with both Booker and Ayton, and are still hunting ping pong balls. And then you have all the busts like Oden, Olawakandi, Bennett, Fultz, etc...

Hell, it even took Lebron and Jordan like 7+ years to win their first ring.

The fact that San Antonio was able to instantly become an actual title contender when Duncan came, and stay there for 20 years, is a shining testament to both Timmy and the organization.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 05:35 PM
Lebron blocked twice in the final minute of a game blown with a lead by ten with five minutes to go as the Lebron's Lakers swept in the season series by the worst team in the league.

:lol

buttsR4rebounding
03-18-2019, 10:45 PM
Lebron blocked twice in the final minute of a game blown with a lead by ten with five minutes to go as the Lebron's Lakers swept in the season series by the worst team in the league.

:lol

The Lakers are going to end up with a worse record than before they got Lebron. How embarrassing that would be for him.

GusT15
03-22-2019, 06:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNGv-GSwOV0

monty4329
03-22-2019, 07:29 AM
Bingo.

For every Tim Duncan, there is a collection of Barkleys, Webbers, McGrady's, Iverson's etc...supreme talents who never had the right pieces in the staff and team to make it work.

This generation will be no different. AD has been wasting away in New Orleans. Embiid is a great player but still hasn't won anything. The Suns ended up with both Booker and Ayton, and are still hunting ping pong balls. And then you have all the busts like Oden, Olawakandi, Bennett, Fultz, etc...

Hell, it even took Lebron and Jordan like 7+ years to win their first ring.

The fact that San Antonio was able to instantly become an actual title contender when Duncan came, and stay there for 20 years, is a shining testament to both Timmy and the organization.

Absolutely.
Organizations win titles, not single players. Actually, relatively bad players win titles when in the right organization. Most of the times the best talent doesn't win shit.

If Duncan ended in Phoenix (2nd pick in 87) he would have won a big nothing until he would have run away at the first chance.

Maybe 22 years in the Playoffs mean something.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-22-2019, 07:54 AM
The thing that separates Duncan from like AD is that Duncan had go to moves to finish off a game. A lot of the these new players have nothing to really go to at the end of games which makes them easy to guard in the 4th. Also Duncan was a great passer as a big man. It's really the little things that he focused on that led to winning. Allowing himself to be "coached" in front of others, staying last in practice and games. To me that what separates Duncan from today's players.

Also so I like how Silver is playing chess while the Lakers are playing checkers. He knew that shitty Longo, Ingram, and Kuzma wouldn't get them AD so he quickly switched from operation "get Lakers into the playoffs" to operation "get Lakers Zion." The man is subtle that way :lol

Russ
03-22-2019, 09:31 AM
Organizations win titles, not single players. . .

Try to tell that to Ivanka Buss. (Jerry West tried.)