PDA

View Full Version : Sony Launching 3rd Installment of Ghostbusters After Losing Estimated 70 million on Feminist Reboot

Chris
02-23-2019, 05:11 PM
Directed by Jason Reitman

DTfyyLQtPwE

Blake
02-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Lol "feminist reboot"

Poor Chris

Pavlov
02-23-2019, 07:57 PM
Agreed, even a second movie was pointless. It worked really well as a nice original idea, but nothing was ever going to recapture the fun and nothing ever will.

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 09:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbx1KspxnZE

Chucho
02-23-2019, 09:44 PM
The cast was just not good. Melissa McCarthy's best stuff and days is way behind her. She cant be funny without being the same character she was when she was a headliner. That would have been a problem for Farley had he not dieded, to be fair.

The Bride's Maid broad is a better voice actor than live actor, same for McKinion.

Leslie Jones is a small dose sketch actress as her ceiling.

Just a really underwhelming cast. Could it have been cast better? More than likely, but it's just one of those franchises that didnt need a remake, let alone a reboot.

FrostKing
02-23-2019, 09:51 PM
The cast was just not good. Melissa McCarthy's best stuff and days is way behind her. She cant be funny without being the same character she was when she was a headliner. That would have been a problem for Farley had he not dieded, to be fair.

The Bride's Maid broad is a better voice actor than live actor, same for McKinion.

Just a really underwhelming cast. Could it have been cast better? More than likely, but it's just one of those franchises that didnt need a remake, let alone a reboot.
Says a-lot bout SNL.

CitizenDwayne
02-24-2019, 12:46 AM
Not interested

DJR210
02-24-2019, 01:40 AM
They're lost af right now, just like Marvel was with The Incredible Hulk in the 2000's.. they're gonna come back and try to rebuild the 30-40 something's trust and act like they didn't just turn a 180 to appeal to PC activists and feminists

koriwhat
02-24-2019, 03:21 PM
more hollyweird trash no one wants to watch... fuck hollyweird!

FrostKing
02-24-2019, 03:56 PM
2 shitty black movies nominated for Best Picture. "Zimna Wojna" is better than any film ever made by a black

Aztecfan03
02-24-2019, 04:43 PM

Yea. An all-male cast consisting of people like Ferrell, galifinakis, john c reilly, and michael Che would have been just as terrible.

Chucho
02-24-2019, 05:08 PM
Yea. An all-male cast consisting of people like Ferrell, galifinakis, john c reilly, and michael Che would have been just as terrible.

Ok. Makes sense. Galifinakis isnt funny and the other three would be bad fits. I wasnt talking about recasting with all males.

Pavlov
02-24-2019, 05:16 PM
The thing about the original is that the writing and acting were so tightly connected and the resulting performances were so fully formed without any apparent effort. The sequel and reboots were and are always going to crumble under the weight of the (not just financial) success of the first. You can tell everyone is TRYING SO HARD. It's pretty sad. Just do something else. Not everything can be a franchise.

Millennial_Messiah
02-24-2019, 06:17 PM
2 shitty black movies nominated for Best Picture. "Zimna Wojna" is better than any film ever made by a black

& Gigli

Chris
02-24-2019, 07:10 PM
pNqoygEjoQI

Pavlov
02-24-2019, 07:49 PM
The female-led one triggered the living shit out of you, Chris.

Spurminator
02-24-2019, 10:26 PM
The female-led one triggered the living shit out of you, Chris.

The self-unawareness is beyond parody.

Pavlov
02-24-2019, 10:29 PM
The self-unawareness is beyond parody.:lmao all the incels screaming that their childhoods were ruined.:cry

It's a fictional movie. You can just as easily pretend it didn't happen if you have to cope that hard.

Spurminator
02-24-2019, 10:36 PM
I saw the Ghostbusters female remake. I remember liking it okay, but I couldn't tell you a thing about it now. It had literally no impact on my life beyond the 90 minutes or so I spent in the theater. It would be another among thousands of trivial and forgettable films of the past two decades if not for all of the insecure faggots who got so personally invested in its "failure."

Chris
02-24-2019, 10:44 PM
I saw the Ghostbusters female remake. I remember liking it

zUyqDxa2k3w

CitizenDwayne
02-25-2019, 07:09 AM
No one is outraged by this. Stop trying to manufacture controversy.

Othyus Lalanne
02-25-2019, 07:24 AM
more hollyweird trash no one wants to watch... fuck hollyweird!

I don't like the Left but What does Hollyweird mean?

:lmao all the incels screaming that their childhoods were ruined.:cry

It's a fictional movie. You can just as easily pretend it didn't happen if you have to cope that hard.

Ingnoring PC culture is not an option and it was part of that...

So...

I saw the Ghostbusters female remake. I remember liking it okay, but I couldn't tell you a thing about it now. It had literally no impact on my life beyond the 90 minutes or so I spent in the theater. It would be another among thousands of trivial and forgettable films of the past two decades if not for all of the insecure faggots who got so personally invested in its "failure."

Sony decided to act like a retard. They got upset and started preaching. That is why this horseshit is remebered. Sony was very insecure.

No one is outraged by this. Stop trying to manufacture controversy.

We had seen sillier MSM Leftisa outrage...

Pavlov
02-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Ingnoring PC culture is not an option and it was part of that...

So...Of course it's an option.

Not whining about a movie with *GASP* women is always an option.

Spurminator
02-25-2019, 09:28 AM
Sony decided to act like a retard. They got upset and started preaching. That is why this horseshit is remebered. Sony was very insecure.

I don't recall hearing or reading any of Sony's comments on the film, and I doubt a vast majority of normal people do either.

I imagine only those people highly invested in the film's success or failure (read: movie industry types and 4chan Men's Rights dorks) had any exposure to Sony's "preaching." That you still remember it 3 years later says a lot. Do you work in Hollywood?

Will Hunting
02-25-2019, 10:07 AM
Of course it's an option.

I’d actually say the inability to ignore a movie or “PC culture” because of how offensive you find it is about as triggered as it gets :lol

Othyus Lalanne
02-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Of course it's an option.

But because Sony decided to be an idiot at this juncture...

I don't recall hearing or reading any of Sony's comments on the film, and I doubt a vast majority of normal people do either.

I imagine only those people highly invested in the film's success or failure (read: movie industry types and 4chan Men's Rights dorks) had any exposure to Sony's "preaching." That you still remember it 3 years later says a lot. Do you work in Hollywood?

Normies are pussyes, the fringe shapes the world.

Those are the only people who liked Ghostbusters. News to me.

It is an extreme case of movie studio idiocy., of courrse i remember it.

I’d actually say the inability to ignore a movie or “PC culture” because of how offensive you find it is about as triggered as it gets :lol

HR, Education. The bloody law. PC is unavoidable.

Pavlov
02-25-2019, 10:19 AM
I’d actually say the inability to ignore a movie or “PC culture” because of how offensive you find it is about as triggered as it gets :lol:lol Right?

He's still butthurt about it.

Will Hunting
02-25-2019, 10:27 AM
HR, Education. The bloody law. PC is unavoidable.
What laws require you to be PC?

Regarding “HR”, it’s one thing to hate the PC environment we live in, but any normal adult should be able to stop being an edgelord for 40-50 hours every week while they’re around coworkers and should be doing work anyway. You can still go home after work and complain about how Melissa McCarthy movies have ruined your life.

Spurminator
02-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Normies are pussyes, the fringe shapes the world.

:lmao

SHAPING THE WORLD by bitching about insignificant movies for years!

It is an extreme case of movie studio idiocy., of courrse i remember it.

Seems like it cut you to the core. A remake with chicks.

And you're calling other people pussies.

Will Hunting
02-25-2019, 10:44 AM
Regarding the woman Ghostbusters movie, the problem wasn’t the fact that it cast women, the previews just looked like they weren’t funny. It was a mish mash of over-the-top slapstick comedy vs. the dry humor/one liners that made the original Ghostbusters so funny.

The one example that sticks out to me was the black actress slapping the shit out of Mellssa McCarthy, followed by the “That’s gonna leave a mark!” line that was stolen from Tommy Boy.

Othyus Lalanne
03-02-2019, 04:44 AM
What laws require you to be PC?

Regarding “HR”, it’s one thing to hate the PC environment we live in, but any normal adult should be able to stop being an edgelord for 40-50 hours every week while they’re around coworkers and should be doing work anyway. You can still go home after work and complain about how Melissa McCarthy movies have ruined your life.

Gender qoutas, race qoutas, HR exists to fend off lawsuits they would have never been made before 10, 20, 25, 30 years ago...

Fuck you i once almost had a job that would had been 16 hours one day and rest the next day.

I don't think PC laws and rules are written and pushed by adults.

So, you like imposing upper class weirdo shit on the less wealthy?

:lmao

SHAPING THE WORLD by bitching about insignificant movies for years!

Seems like it cut you to the core. A remake with chicks.

And you're calling other people pussies.

Shaping the world in many other ways...

My core is fine, Sony fucked itself.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 04:49 AM
Lol "feminist reboot"

Poor Chris

WTF makes you think it wasn't?

Poor cuck

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 04:52 AM

Sure, if they got chicks who are actually funny, likeable, etc. But they decided that "names" and whatever other silly agenda driven stuff was more important.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 04:55 AM
Agreed, even a second movie was pointless. It worked really well as a nice original idea, but nothing was ever going to recapture the fun and nothing ever will.

:lol at you side stepping your snowflake BS that tanked the franchise. GB3 had huge potential. :lol at you trying to pass the buck.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 04:59 AM
:lol Right?

He's still butthurt about it.

Finger pointing at the consumer as another great movie franchise fucked up by SJW's

:lmao Par

Spurminator
03-02-2019, 11:10 AM
My core is fine, Sony fucked itself.

Sony's value has doubled since Manbusters came out. They're fine.

Othyus Lalanne
03-02-2019, 11:26 AM
Sony's value has doubled since Manbusters came out. They're fine.

After they fucked themselves. I did not say they went bankrupt.

Spurminator
03-02-2019, 12:00 PM
After they fucked themselves. I did not say they went bankrupt.

Something tells me Manbusters hasn't come up in a Sony shareholders meeting in 2 years.

Here you are, though, still talking about it. Because you're wounded. By a movie. :cry

Othyus Lalanne
03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Something tells me Manbusters hasn't come up in a Sony shareholders meeting in 2 years.

Here you are, though, still talking about it. Because you're wounded. By a movie. :cry

What is that something?

We saw that idiocy replicated...

Spurminator
03-02-2019, 12:29 PM
What is that something?

We saw that idiocy replicated...

We did? I haven't noticed any other beloved film franchises being replaced by female casts.

I'm sure you have a running list, though.

DMC
03-02-2019, 01:29 PM
Shitty movie is being remade into a shitty movie. I don't care if you have the top billed actors in it with the best CGI. It's a shitty movie outside of the 1st one.

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Regarding the woman Ghostbusters movie, the problem wasn’t the fact that it cast women, the previews just looked like they weren’t funny. It was a mish mash of over-the-top slapstick comedy vs. the dry humor/one liners that made the original Ghostbusters so funny.

The one example that sticks out to me was the black actress slapping the shit out of Mellssa McCarthy, followed by the “That’s gonna leave a mark!” line that was stolen from Tommy Boy.
Maybe because (crazy concept) women just aren't as funny? And when they are considered so their material heavily consists of sexual vulgarity.

Look I was liberal almost all my life so digested alot of Hollywwood. I can name all the funny women on one hand. Last ones I remember were Joan Rivers and Tina Fey. McCarthy is acceptable but for example Kate McKinnon? Awful, just a lesbian affirmative action pick on SNL

Othyus Lalanne
03-02-2019, 05:20 PM
We did? I haven't noticed any other beloved film franchises being replaced by female casts.

I'm sure you have a running list, though.

We saw some blockbuster related Lefty zealot idiocy.

I like movies so idiocy like this is hard to forget.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 05:34 PM

If you're saying Sony has some shitty businessmen in their ranks I can buy that.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Maybe because (crazy concept) women just aren't as funny? And when they are considered so their material heavily consists of sexual vulgarity.

I don't think a woman has to be vulgar to be funny. She just doesn't have to be the bad man touched me woman that Sony put forth. Nor does she have to try too hard as the women in GB3 did, who are told by chumpian ass faces how funny they are. I watched a good portion of 'Now You See Me 2' the other day. The girl had her comedic moments. The elevator scene was pretty funny, and it wasn't her pretending she was killing it at a comedy club.

Blake
03-02-2019, 08:12 PM
WTF makes you think it wasn't?

Poor cuck

You feel threatened by movies like this.

Poor derp.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 09:23 PM
You feel threatened by movies like this.

Poor derp.

That's not an answer. Remember all that shit you said about staying on topic, cuck...

Yea, we all knew it was bull shit. :lol

Will Hunting
03-02-2019, 10:47 PM
I don't think a woman has to be vulgar to be funny. She just doesn't have to be the bad man touched me woman that Sony put forth. Nor does she have to try too hard as the women in GB3 did, who are told by chumpian ass faces how funny they are. I watched a good portion of 'Now You See Me 2' the other day. The girl had her comedic moments. The elevator scene was pretty funny, and it wasn't her pretending she was killing it at a comedy club.
That's probably the best description of how the GB3 previews I saw looked. Everything that was supposed to be funny looked way too forced and desperate.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-04-2019, 02:34 AM
carol burnett GOAT discussion tbh

LaMarcus Bryant
03-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Female GB was an okay popcorn movie. I laughed. They were definitely trying too hard though.

I'll throw a bone to those saying GB2 doesn't or never did hold up. But eff those who are just dog piling on part 1. Frankly, anything from that era of Bill Murray's catalogue holds up well.

Chucho
03-04-2019, 11:01 PM
GB 2 was ok and I prefer it to part 1 just because I saw it first so it's a personal favorite.