PDA

View Full Version : OT: 2018-19 College Basketball Thread

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 10:04 PM
This is overdue. I did good but not great betting on college games for the two weeks I was out in Nevada. Back in Cali now; so, sadly not going to be betting 'til maybe hopefully March Madness I'll make it out there. I circled all the games on vegasinsider dot com for spreads today. I was nine for seventeen, which is basically even on straight bets. But I think I would have weeded out some of the shaky games and had a better percentage and I'm running at something closer to 60 or 70 percent on good days.

I totally called Tech kicking Kansas's ass among other results today. I also am loving Buffalo and Houston as far as them being offensive juggernauts. Houston in particular has some guys that just drain threes. They even have a guard that I think the Spurs should have a serious look at whenever his time comes. They have this white curly haired end of the bench guy who is maybe the worst college player I've ever seen. He did everything to kill my extra in-play tickets when he was put in the game for the last six or seven minutes against Tulane.

BYU vs. Gonzaga could be good. Spread is about 20. If I were in Vegas I'd be tempted to take that action given that BYU has gotten some road results lately. But they always let me down anytime I bet on them, and I can see the Zags winning by about 30. I think a first half bet at around 10.5 to 12 would be an okay risk for small money. At some point, there's gonna be a huge surge in that game; but it could be a fun watch if it's still a game with eight minutes left.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 10:15 PM
My first time watching BYU this season; only followed them some on stat sheets. Hawes and Emery; if they raised their game they could be a sweet sixteen team; but I wouldn't bet on it.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 10:17 PM
Cougs have won three of last four @ Gonzaga. That trend not gonna hold tonight, tbh.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 11:49 PM
I'm 34/65 so far today/tonight on picking against the spread (two pushes). I was tempted to drive to state line but maybe it's just as well with that mediocrity. Though, I'd like to think I'd have weeded some of those shaky games out and had a good day. I can live with it assuming I wouldn't have went for that hail mary parlay I listed in the NBA thread ($10 for $9.5K).

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 11:52 PM
Two FTs on techs is lame. College still hasn't changed that rule. That's how they robbed Jimmer in the Elite Eight.

Spurtacular
02-23-2019, 11:57 PM
Wheels fell off for BYU; but they should be a fun team to watch if they make it into the tourney; but I doubt that'll happen. There's probably a shitty 17-16 (5-11) Pac 12 team that needs an invite.

Spurtacular
02-24-2019, 12:07 AM
This BYU/ZAG thrashing was easy to see coming. I called 30 before it even started; but watching it, I would've loved to have gotten inplay. BYU had to play the perfect game to get the W; but they were missing too many makeable shots at a time when they needed to be inch perfect.