PDA

View Full Version : Film Room: Spurs @ Raptors - Feb. 22, 2019

timvp
02-24-2019, 06:02 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/film-room-spurs-raptors-game-feb-22-2019/ (https://www.spurstalk.com/film-room-spurs-raptors-game-feb-22-2019/)

A few days late, tbh, and I can't copy it into the forum because of the embedded videos but it's something I might do more of in the future :reading

GusT15
02-24-2019, 06:09 PM
Jesus Christ,i couldn't bring myself to watch the replay on that turnover cause i was fuming with anger so i only had the live action in memory,but...

What the fuck is Patty Mills doing over there at the Raptors 3 point line????

I didn't realize he was so out of position!

ismael-robert
02-24-2019, 06:13 PM
Jesus isnt too concerned with watching replays but He may be interested in that anger

GusT15
02-24-2019, 06:17 PM
The Raptors were down 10 tonight against the magic with 6 mins to go.

Leonard wasn't playing so they tried to full court press and trap for the whole 6 mins left in 4th to get back in the game.

The Orlando Magic of all teams had two guards near the ball at all times AND Vucevic right at mid court for the help pass.

They scored 10 points easily cause of the Raptors double teams.They went up by 20.Raptors lost.

Solid analysis,thanks very much.

GAustex
02-24-2019, 06:18 PM
LMA was also an option
So frustrating in that the good guys fought so valiantly and it slipped away at the end
I am done bitching and going back to supporting DDR and the rest of the team and hoping for the best

emanueldavidginobili
02-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Yeah no idea why Mills was that far down the court in that situation. He was literally the farthest player from the ball. Would of been nice to have White in there at that situation but can’t exceed 20 minutes 21 or 22 minutes would have been the boiling point for his heel.

Also DDR picking up his dribble was odd. He usually always keeps his dribble and he looked like he was going to beat DG to the basket.

ZeusWillJudge
02-24-2019, 07:17 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/film-room-spurs-raptors-game-feb-22-2019/ (https://www.spurstalk.com/film-room-spurs-raptors-game-feb-22-2019/)

A few days late, tbh, and I can't copy it into the forum because of the embedded videos but it's something I might do more of in the future :reading

That's great video and analysis. I blamed Pop every bit as much as DDR for that turnover. The Raptors had been pressuring DeRozan hard already, and they had to go all-in on that play. But I can't think of a worse place on the court for Mills to be, and Belli just totally had his head up his ass. After watching that clip, the person least responsible was probably DeRozan. He's in a role he's not really suited for, Pop should have called the timeout and gotten White in the game, and his teammates were less than no help. It's almost like they don't know that the Raptors have one of the best defenders in the league on the floor.

That probably should have been a foul on Kawhi. There's no way they're going to blow that whistle, especially since Kawhi is now a media darling. But if you're going to dart right into the path of a ball handler, you better get a hand on the ball before you make body contact. I don't think Kawhi ever got his hand on the ball - that was all about the body contact, and impeding his progress. Once the ball is loose, of course, it's all fair game.

timtonymanu
02-24-2019, 07:23 PM
Mills and his corporate knowledge shines through again. :lol

TDomination
02-24-2019, 07:29 PM
This awesome Timvp. I hope this kind of analysis continues for this site.

Early on in the year, we saw a bunch of DeMar penetrating and creating for others. It's one of the things I've enjoyed most about his game. We desperately needed someone who could create and finally got someone. But then he became turnover machine and lost his knack for creating. But this game was an improvement. Hopefully it wasnt just cause it was against the raptors.

Being able to finish games has been a huge problem for this team. Remember the 8 pt leads against the Lakers that we lost in a matter of seconds. The turnovers at the end against OKC. The meltdown against the 76ers after being up 8. It sucks. But they gotta overcome it if they want to win.

And not sure what happened on that last play. Everyone knew DDR was going to shoot it. There was absolutely no way he was going to pass out of it unless it was to someone who was wide open underneath the basket. I think he may have overthought it.

diceman
02-24-2019, 07:41 PM
Thanks LJ or can we just call you Coach LJ, really damn good analysis. What was Mills thinking jetting up the court like that?!? :wtf You would think the coaching staff would emphasis on where the ball handlers should be in those situations. I would love to see the "film room" after games or at least marquee matchups.