PDA

View Full Version : What do people think about this Oscars?

Othyus Lalanne
02-25-2019, 06:09 AM
I am happy SJW's are unhappy with Green Book and the creatives behiind it and don't see the Oscars relevant to the movies. It would be if it was more about the art.

i would also had been happy with Netflix getting what it wanted.

clambake
02-25-2019, 10:01 AM
i thought we were boycotting netflix.

Othyus Lalanne
02-25-2019, 10:16 AM
i thought we were boycotting netflix.

I have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Spurminator
02-25-2019, 11:00 AM
I thought not having a host worked out well and kept the show running.

I think Bohemian Rhapsody is ridiculously overrated, and moreso Rami Malek's performance.

Was glad Olivia Colman won Best Actress. She was great.

Spiderverse was a good choice for best animated.

Glad Spike Lee finally got an Oscar, but BlackkKlansman is his The Departed... Not really one of his best movies, but the one that finally got him the statue.

Glad Black Panther got some of the background awards. Action movies probably deserve more Oscar consideration for those categories than they usually get.

I saw at least four movies that I liked better than any of the films nominated for Best Picture: Annihilation, Leave No Trace, Eighth Grade, The Endless and If Beale Street Could Talk.

I'd rank the Best Picture nominees as follows, but no real strong opinion on this as I didn't find any of them particularly unforgettable.

1. Roma
2. BlackkKlansman
3. The Favourite
4. Black Panther
5. Green Book
6. Vice
7. A Star is Born
8. Bohemian Rhapsody

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 11:10 AM
This was probably the weakest Oscar year I’ve ever seen. It’s not really a travesty that Green Book won when everything was fairly meh. Plus the Oscars almost never gets anything right.

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 11:34 AM
Don't follow the PretentiousFest too closely but LOL'd at the Porter dude with the half suit half dress chit.

Q. Did The Mule (hit theaters Dec 2018) qualify for this years or since it was Dec does it get pushed into the 2019 Oscars?
Not that these Hollywood faggots would nominate it.

mrsmaalox
02-25-2019, 11:52 AM
I thought not having a host worked out well and kept the show running.

I think Bohemian Rhapsody is ridiculously overrated, and moreso Rami Malek's performance.

Was glad Olivia Colman won Best Actress. She was great.

Spiderverse was a good choice for best animated.

Glad Spike Lee finally got an Oscar, but BlackkKlansman is his The Departed... Not really one of his best movies, but the one that finally got him the statue.

Glad Black Panther got some of the background awards. Action movies probably deserve more Oscar consideration for those categories than they usually get.

I saw at least four movies that I liked better than any of the films nominated for Best Picture: Annihilation, Leave No Trace, Eighth Grade, The Endless and If Beale Street Could Talk.

I'd rank the Best Picture nominees as follows, but no real strong opinion on this as I didn't find any of them particularly unforgettable.

1. Roma
2. BlackkKlansman
3. The Favourite
4. Black Panther
5. Green Book
6. Vice
7. A Star is Born
8. Bohemian Rhapsody

I agree about Bohemian Rhapsody. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. But the main reason Sissy Spacek and Reese Witherspoon won for their parts in biopics was their real singing. Rami Malek seems to be a decent actor (never seen him in anything else) but the main performances in this film were just lip-syncing while wearing ridiculous teeth. And they really could have knocked the teeth down a notch—-I almost couldn’t see anything else :lol

The only other nominated films I saw were The Favorite and Vice. And of those three The Favorite was the best and had the best film score. There were those moments that left you wondering if that really just happened while your brain and chest are pounding from the background music. I love that feeling :)

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 11:57 AM
^ mrsmaalox (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5468)

Since I know you are a fan of real movies like the ole Stanwyck etc, I don't think you've weighed in on The Mule yet.
Check out the thread on it and let me know what you think.
Fabulous imo.

SpursforSix
02-25-2019, 12:05 PM
I agree about Bohemian Rhapsody. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. But the main reason Sissy Spacek and Reese Witherspoon won for their parts in biopics was their real singing. Rami Malek seems to be a decent actor (never seen him in anything else) but the main performances in this film were just lip-syncing while wearing ridiculous teeth. And they really could have knocked the teeth down a notch—-I almost couldn’t see anything else :lol

LOL about the teeth. But as to the actor, I think it would have been a tall order to find someone that 1) could look close to Freddy Mercury and 2) be able to pull off anything close to singing like him. As opposed to Loretta Lynn or June Carter.

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 12:12 PM
Don't follow the PretentiousFest too closely but LOL'd at the Porter dude with the half suit half dress chit.

Q. Did The Mule (hit theaters Dec 2018) qualify for this years or since it was Dec does it get pushed into the 2019 Oscars?
Not that these Hollywood faggots would nominate it.
Why do you reckon the faggots wouldn’t nominate it?

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 12:13 PM
Speaking of the Queens, how does it honor Freddies memorie to cast him as the one who selfishly broke up the band when in real life all 4 of them sat down and agreed they would all try solo -and did?

2. Same Q with the "I've got AIDs mates" a week before Live Aid and the *heroic* performance on super short notice. All fake. He was not officially diagnozed until two years after Live Aid and they were in the middle of a tour when they stopped off and did Live Aid.

Spurminator
02-25-2019, 12:18 PM
And they really could have knocked the teeth down a notch—-I almost couldn’t see anything else :lol

Honestly, he already has a pretty big overbite, there was no need to affix clown teeth to his face. The whole thing felt like an SNL impersonation.

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 12:31 PM
Why do you reckon the faggots wouldn’t nominate it?
lol Faggs dodging a simple question

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 01:07 PM
lol Faggs dodging a simple question

It's been what, 30 minutes?
While you were stalking me I had to attend to some other stuff. Sorry and here is my response:

Well, old school Clint I'm guessing mainstream Faggywood did not like. Maybe they did, i'm not an Oscar follower. But the new Faggywood i don't think would like the old Clint. However yes in his new movie Clint gave a positive nod (it certainly seemed) to the Dykes on Bikes. That may have been enough to got him in favor with the award pickers. He also had two scenes against police brutality so that would score points too I think. Im fine with the latter.

FrostKing
02-25-2019, 01:17 PM
BLACK panther

BLACKklansmann

:blah

These days, the Oscars have absolutely no International credibility. Which is a big blunder on their part considering today foreigners can watch on available outlets.

There is just no way American garbage like before mentioned films are considered Best Picture. How close minded. Make a best American Pop Culture category but don't insult us.

Pavlov
02-25-2019, 01:19 PM
Black Panther made $650 million outside the US.

FrostKing
02-25-2019, 01:33 PM
The campaigning for the film was truly remarkable. I don't think I've ever seen such a concentrated effort by so many different industries to force feed a film.

Majority of people I asked (not my personal friends) that watched said it was okay or dumb. Best Picture quality is hilarious and I just won't invest my own personal time in watching such a farce. Settle racial scores on your own time Americans.

spurraider21
02-25-2019, 01:35 PM
i just saw The Favourite this Friday. It was pretty good imho.

but my impression walking out the theater was that emma stone was the lead, and not olivia colman

Pavlov
02-25-2019, 01:36 PM
The campaigning for the film was truly remarkable. I don't think I've ever seen such a concentrated effort by so many different industries to force feed a film.

Majority of people I asked (not my personal friends) that watched said it was okay or dumb. Best Picture quality is hilarious and I just won't invest my own personal time in watching such a farce. Settle racial scores on your own time Americans.Black Panther made $650 million outside the US.

That's international.

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 02:15 PM
It's been what, 30 minutes?
While you were stalking me I had to attend to some other stuff. Sorry and here is my response:

Well, old school Clint I'm guessing mainstream Faggywood did not like. Maybe they did, i'm not an Oscar follower. But the new Faggywood i don't think would like the old Clint. However yes in his new movie Clint gave a positive nod (it certainly seemed) to the Dykes on Bikes. That may have been enough to got him in favor with the award pickers. He also had two scenes against police brutality so that would score points too I think. Im fine with the latter.
Clint Eastwood is one of the most decorated artists in Oscar history :lmao

thinking there’s some :cry liberal conspiracy :cry against the senile chair talker :lmao

SpursforSix
02-25-2019, 02:29 PM

thinking there’s some :cry liberal conspiracy :cry against the senile chair talker :lmao

Unforgiven as Best Picture was a bit of a joke imo.

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 03:01 PM

As I stated I do not watch the Oscars. I am a happily married, hetero male.
Since you are more knowledgeable then me, great if Clint has won previous awards.
Because it seems like generally speaking modern day Hollywood is, well here ya go:
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2019/02/billy-porter-tux-gown.jpg?quality=65&strip=all

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 03:03 PM
As I stated I do not watch the Oscars. I am a happily married, hetero male.
Since you are more knowledgeable then me, great if Clint has won previous awards.
Because it seems like generally speaking modern day Hollywood is, well here ya go:
https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/billy-porter-attends-the-91st-annual-academy-awards-at-news-photo-1131875246-1551048103.jpg?crop=0.605xw:0.870xh;0.190xw,0.117x h&resize=480:*
Too retarded to google Clint Eastwoods Oscars record :lmao

Too manly to watch the Oscars, but you’ll whine like a little bitch if your favorite man isn’t nominated enough :lmao

MultiTroll
02-25-2019, 03:05 PM
Oscar watching disssing
ohhhh I'm so ashamed.
Did you snuggle with Chumplov and watch? :lol

David Hogg
02-25-2019, 03:11 PM
Hollywood faggots better give awards to The Mule, cuz Clint Eastwood’s wrinkly old balls turn me on
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/220px-Ralph_Wiggum.png

Tony Vallelonga
02-25-2019, 05:04 PM
Ayyyyyyy whats wit yous guys trash talking my movie! I was a racist white guy, and all it took was for me to have one black friend and *BADA BING BADA BOOM* I wasn’t racist no more! GABBAGOO! What is it with yous guys and racism anyways? It’s simple, just make all the racist white guys chaffeur one of them smartypants blacks around for a week and BOOM we’ve solved racism in America!

Chris
02-25-2019, 06:15 PM
https://twitter.com/IncredibleCulk/status/1099876760194142210

FrostKing
02-26-2019, 01:12 AM

That's international.
Let me explain it americanboy. It was a Disney film. The film was likely forced into every single movie theater operating on Planet Earth. Then you had the media blitz in music, sports and even politics. With that amount of coverage, a remake of 'the Birth of a Nation' would "succeed". And I put that in quotation because McDonalds sells alot of cheeseburgers internationally

Sidenote: somewhere along the way the Oscars morphed into the MTV Movie Awards

Pavlov
02-26-2019, 01:16 AM
Let me explain it americanboy. It was a Disney film. The film was likely forced into every single movie theater operating on Planet Earth. Then you had the media blitz in music, sports and even politics. With that amount of coverage, a remake of 'the Birth of a Nation' would "succeed". And I put that in quotation because McDonalds sells alot of cheeseburgers internationally

Sidenote: somewhere along the way the Oscars morphed into the MTV Movie Awards
:lmao nobody forced anyone to see that movie.

Nobody.

Avant
02-26-2019, 01:38 AM
This place can't even talk about the Oscars, wow~~~~~~~

Should I school all these rookies on movies/actors, hmmmmm?

FrostKing
02-26-2019, 03:22 AM
This place can't even talk about the Oscars, wow~~~~~~~

Should I school all these rookies on movies/actors, hmmmmm?
Ghetto American culture is ghetto

Othyus Lalanne
02-26-2019, 05:18 AM
Ghetto American culture is ghetto

oh really?

Compared to Polish one...

Wanna take a closer look?

You don't want a historical comprasion.

It's been a while since i kicked some white separatists ass.

TheThinkingMan
02-28-2019, 07:31 AM
I think it was one of the best Oscar's ever!

FrostKing
02-28-2019, 12:29 PM
Best Picture nominee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr5IjO_O3IY

> the dumbing down of Western Civilization for the sake of equality/diversity

Pavlov
02-28-2019, 12:53 PM
Best Picture nominee

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr5IjO_O3IY

> the dumbing down of Western Civilization for the sake of equality/diversity:lol of all the things you could choose to be triggered by....

Blake
02-28-2019, 01:35 PM
:lol of all the things you could choose to be triggered by....

He's pissed at Mickey Mouse forcing him to watch BP.

FrostKing
02-28-2019, 02:53 PM
:lol of all the things you could choose to be triggered by....
Denying the direct influence on your culture and society

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51IfuSJqAuL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Blake
02-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Denying the direct influence on your culture and society

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51IfuSJqAuL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Have you seen the movie?

FrostKing
02-28-2019, 04:35 PM
Have you seen the movie?
:lmao

Pavlov
02-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Denying the direct influence on your culture and societyWhat effect did the sneaker scene of the movie you never watched have on culture and society?

Blake
02-28-2019, 05:54 PM
:lmao

Is that a yes?

MultiTroll
02-28-2019, 08:36 PM
No awards and further no mention period of that predator phaggot Bryan Singer.

HWood got at least this something right at this years episode.

SpursforSix
02-28-2019, 09:35 PM
No awards and further no mention period of that predator phaggot Bryan Singer.

HWood got at least this something right at this years episode.

Better late than never I guess.

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Don't follow that stuff. But I can tell from the headlines that there is a lot of disinterest.

Vagina
03-02-2019, 05:19 AM
The no host decision was the winner. Best show in years.

Texas_Ranger
03-02-2019, 05:28 AM
if you wanna win an oscar just make a historic movie about black people.
Who really watches this shit? Fucking Black Panther won 3 oscars and was in competition for best picture.:lol Also, I don't remember when the best picture was a really great movie. Just look at the last 3 winners. It's pathetic.
Political award show that needs to be shut down tbh.

Othyus Lalanne
03-02-2019, 06:01 AM
if you wanna win an oscar just make a historic movie about black people.

You mean a certain type of movie that fits within that category...

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx19EvdLXmE

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 01:40 PM
Black Panther lol. They'll never live that down. Like the NBA league office putting Jeremy Lin on the All NBA team.

That's an easy one but what about Blacklansman. What is Best Picture worthy bout that film beyond it being racially charged? When is the Oscars Academy gonna nominate a Palestinian film highlighting Israeli racism? - don't hold your breath

Pavlov
03-02-2019, 01:51 PM
Black Panther lol. They'll never live that down. Like the NBA league office putting Jeremy Lin on the All NBA team.

That's an easy one but what about Blacklansman. What is Best Picture worthy bout that film beyond it being racially charged?You didn't watch either film.

Quit complaining.

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 01:54 PM
You didn't watch either film.

Quit complaining.
Did you see Blacklansman? What is Best Picture worthy? Would a film bout a white hippie infiltrating the Black Panthers (no pun intended lol) in the 60s get a Best Picture nomination?

Pavlov
03-02-2019, 02:12 PM
Did you see Blacklansman? What is Best Picture worthy? Would a film bout a white hippie infiltrating the Black Panthers (no pun intended lol) in the 60s get a Best Picture nomination?:lol it's the Academy members who decide these things -- if you need Stormfront awards then talk to your friends about starting them.

Did a white policeman ever infiltrate the Black Panthers? If true I would watch that movie tbh.

Will Hunting
03-02-2019, 04:58 PM
:lol it's the Academy members who decide these things -- if you need Stormfront awards then talk to your friends about starting them.

Did a white policeman ever infiltrate the Black Panthers? If true I would watch that movie tbh.
I’d like him to first walk me through how a “white hippie” would go about infiltrating the black panther organization :lol

Spurminator
03-02-2019, 05:10 PM
There is infiltration of the Panthers in BlackkKlansman, as I recall.

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 10:25 PM
How many in here watched "Roma" or "Cold War"? But so many saw (and financed) american-black crap. You are the reason Oscars is pulling this shit. Poop.

Pavlov
03-02-2019, 10:30 PM
How many in here watched "Roma" or "Cold War"? But so many saw (and financed) american-black crap. You are the reason Oscars is pulling this shit. Poop.:lmao Roma had ten nominations, turd.

Cold War three

DMC
03-03-2019, 10:32 AM
I don't watch the Oscars. Couldn't care less who wins. A good movie is a good movie, who cares what a bunch of self-important douche bags think about it?

Capt Bringdown
03-03-2019, 02:00 PM
They need to bring back Johnny Carson as the host.

Thanos
03-03-2019, 02:08 PM
How many in here watched "Roma" or "Cold War"? But so many saw (and financed) american-black crap. You are the reason Oscars is pulling this shit. Poop.

:lmao Roma had ten nominations, turd.

Cold War three

:lmao princePierogi too busy posting on the Taylor Swift subreddit.