PDA

View Full Version : Trade Demar and Lamarcus in offseason and force acne face out

SpursGenius
02-25-2019, 10:02 PM
Pretty simple. Get draft picks build for future. Ain’t rocket science.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-25-2019, 10:14 PM
Dump Gasol for some Whataburger coupons tbh

TheGreatYacht
02-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Trade crater face to LA for a draft pick. Doc Rivers style

timtonymanu
02-25-2019, 10:16 PM
Sadly we’re stuck with both. Who’s gonna want an aging Aldridge for 20 million a year and Derozan’s inefficient game for 27 million? Yikes.

GreekSpursfan
02-25-2019, 10:17 PM
No one is gonna take them, no as simple as it seems. The last year of their contract maybe but you can forget about next season.

SouthTexasRancher
02-25-2019, 10:35 PM
If we're lucky we'll get a 2nd round pick around 53'rd place. Damn, this team is terrible. It's starting to look like they all want to be traded. Hang it up, Pop. Go live in the lap of luxury at that California vineyard you are partners in. Invite Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters over for a night of drunken stupor. Maybe invite the two idiots, RC and pencil neck Adam Schiff, to the party and have a grand ol' time!

Pavlov
02-25-2019, 10:38 PM
lol upstairs politics

slick'81
02-25-2019, 10:39 PM
Sadly we’re stuck with both. Who’s gonna want an aging Aldridge for 20 million a year and Derozan’s inefficient game for 27 million? Yikes.

Dont forget two more years of fatty and the amazing big three. Pau gasol aslo says hi

keithington1
02-25-2019, 10:50 PM
LMA is a Spur. Derozan is not really but.... I like Derozan tho and I think he should stay. He just gets no respect from the refs. He makes a lot of bad decisions in the pick n roll too, but in a small market you have to hold on to your stars. He'll get better. Spurs need to get rid of all the softies. Poeltl, Nelli, Patty, Gasol, Pondexter. Poeltl might get the Spurs something valuable. Draft big dogs Gafford or Fernando. Bring over Militunov. Whatever wing the Spurs draft has to have 3 n D, and IQ. Think of Murray and Walker as lottery picks next year.

rasuo214
02-25-2019, 11:01 PM
This is why they should have traded Kawhi for some guys with potential or draft picks. At least we could delude ourselves that things would get better. And I'll keep saying this, they should have traded LMA last off-season after he recovered his trade value.

DPG21920
02-25-2019, 11:05 PM
Every option needs to be on the table this off season. This isn’t good enough no matter which direction you want to head and they need a definitive direction

keithington1
02-25-2019, 11:13 PM
Spurs will never tank. They'll lose the team to another city.

tonski17
02-26-2019, 01:05 AM
get rid of gasol and forbes, allow poodle, metu and walker IV to take their spots. assign forbes to the g-league.haha

phxspurfan
02-26-2019, 01:37 AM
Shame on you for responding to the fake news russian troll thread designed to rile you up du jour

Larry O
02-26-2019, 03:50 AM
For the 2019 offseason, barring no shocking major player or coaching movements, I can see this team standing pat. I can see replacements for Q-Pon and DC33, and replaced with either Huestis, Moore and another filler (Eubanks?), if they are still available. Most likely, Gasol will be gone. It's also possible that they may try to land a "big fish" in free agency, in a wing, as a first option. LW4 will continue to work on his game, and be a showcase in the Summer League, just as DW4 was. Have a feeling though that he will disappoint because he's just not quite there yet. I can also see them drafting between 18 and 20, with the Raptors pick between 27-30, and drafting high on a wing, and the Raptors pick, a PF. I'd be surprised if LMA or DD10 were moved in the off season unless one of them demands a trade. With DJ going down this season, this was a big disappointment to PATFO and the team, but they probably figured that they could stay competitive with what they have and just roll the dice, knowing that they are just competitors and not contenders for a championship this season. Next season when DJ comes back healthy and ready, may change their perspective on 2020. GSG!

TimDunkem
02-26-2019, 04:09 AM
^Adding DJ will improve the squad, but not that much. You're ceiling is limited when you have so many garbage shooters and low IQ players in the starting lineup.

RC_Drunkford
02-26-2019, 08:44 AM
For the 2019 offseason, barring no shocking major player or coaching movements, I can see this team standing pat. I can see replacements for Q-Pon and DC33, and replaced with either Huestis, Moore and another filler (Eubanks?), if they are still available. Most likely, Gasol will be gone. It's also possible that they may try to land a "big fish" in free agency, in a wing, as a first option. LW4 will continue to work on his game, and be a showcase in the Summer League, just as DW4 was. Have a feeling though that he will disappoint because he's just not quite there yet. I can also see them drafting between 18 and 20, with the Raptors pick between 27-30, and drafting high on a wing, and the Raptors pick, a PF. I'd be surprised if LMA or DD10 were moved in the off season unless one of them demands a trade. With DJ going down this season, this was a big disappointment to PATFO and the team, but they probably figured that they could stay competitive with what they have and just roll the dice, knowing that they are just competitors and not contenders for a championship this season. Next season when DJ comes back healthy and ready, may change their perspective on 2020. GSG!

That's what's going to happen. The roster next season will most likely be

Murray/White/
Forbes/Mills/Walker
DeRozan/Belinelli/Rookie
Gay/Bertans/Metu
LA/Poeltl/Rookie

and maybe one player added with the MLE. People will then call it a transition year once again

sasaint
02-26-2019, 08:52 AM
That's what's going to happen. The roster next season will most likely be

Murray/White/
Forbes/Mills/Walker
DeRozan/Belinelli/Rookie
Gay/Bertans/Metu
LA/Poeltl/Rookie

and maybe one player added with the MLE. People will then call it a transition year once again

If Pop puts White behind Dijon, I will probably quit watching the NBA altogether.

KDKSpurs24
02-26-2019, 09:20 AM
If Pop puts White behind Dijon, I will probably quit watching the NBA altogether.
There’s nothing wrong with it. You’re a fan of the same team that had HOF Manu coming in as the 6th man.. White can still play 30 mins a game. The team can have have 48 mins of good point guard play.. And before you say then bring Murray off the bench, White is better suited for a 6th man spark roll than Murray.

offset formation
02-26-2019, 09:24 AM
If we're lucky we'll get a 2nd round pick around 53'rd place. Damn, this team is terrible. It's starting to look like they all want to be traded. Hang it up, Pop. Go live in the lap of luxury at that California vineyard you are partners in. Invite Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters over for a night of drunken stupor. Maybe invite the two idiots, RC and pencil neck Adam Schiff, to the party and have a grand ol' time!

This is top three most idiotic posts I've ever read on this board. Congratulations. I award you no points for your stupidity. Furthermore, may god take mercy on your pathetic, ignorant existence.

DaBears
02-26-2019, 09:41 AM
Heard Pop will step down as Head Coach after next season, And will only fulfill his commitment to USA Basketball & and then will retire from the NBA

John B
02-26-2019, 11:19 AM
I hate having Forbes, Mills, Belli in the same team tbh. One has to go

SpursGenius
02-26-2019, 11:52 AM
Trade crater face to LA for a draft pick. Doc Rivers style
My wet dream.

acoelho1
02-26-2019, 12:13 PM
I'll be shocked if Pop/RC blow it up. It's DDR's first year so they will at least want to see this group for another year. Murray will be back so one of the guards will have to go, probably Forbes. I think Walker has the potential to get into the rotation. They will have to address wing (3&D) and maybe another big that can protect the rim and rebound. I think Metu still has a long way to go and will need another year in Austin. Maybe we make a trade and bring in another borderline all star or a young player with upside.

superbigtime
02-26-2019, 12:15 PM
I want Rudy and LMA and Bertans and White and the rest can fuck off.

Larry O
02-26-2019, 12:20 PM
I hate having Forbes, Mills, Belli in the same team tbh. One has to go

Hmmm... now if DJ comes back, I'm sure that he will be in the starting lineup. So that leaves DW4 to most likely move to the 2nd unit. If they can either get a wing via free agency, DD10 can move back to the two. Perhaps with DW4 playing PG with the 2nd unit will hopefully improve the unit(?). They would definetely be micro-ballin', lol, but hopefully with that, I can alo see a lot of ball movement & motion offense with that lineup. The defense... well... hopfully they can score to make up for it. Perhaps RG22 will move to the 2nd unit, which along with White, that would give them & JP25, some defense to work with. LW4 will have to work his butt off in the off season if he wants to beat out Forbes or Mills or even Beli (unlikely with him or Mills, though), to come off the bench with that 2nd unit. Unfortunatey, I'm not expecting any major changes to this team, unless Pop decides to retire, then the possibility for a shake-up is possibe(?). Gasol will probably walk; we may get a wing via free agency or the draft. Granted, this is all speculation, based on this team's history & culture, but the field is open, so anything is possible. We'll see. GSG!!!

TDomination
02-26-2019, 12:23 PM
I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not but I hope Danny Green comes back. If kawhi leaves I can see us having a chance at him. And get rid of Forbes. He's cheap, so it shouldn't be too hard to get someone to take him.

So i'd like this:
Murray/White
Green/Mills/Walker
Derozan/Rookie Wing player hopefully/Belinelli
Gay/Bertans/Metu/Another rookie wing that can play the 4 hopefully.
Aldridge/Poetel

Larry O
02-26-2019, 12:44 PM
I'm not sure if I'm in the minority or not but I hope Danny Green comes back. If kawhi leaves I can see us having a chance at him. And get rid of Forbes. He's cheap, so it shouldn't be too hard to get someone to take him.

So i'd like this:
Murray/White
Green/Mills/Walker
Aldridge/Poetel

Hmmm... yeah, LDN would be an interesting take, & that is, will PATFO take him back, tbh. He knows the system; he balled this season; his defense is still good enough, but the concerning factor with him will be his age. He may start to be getting a little long in the tooth now, but he still has a couple of miles still left in the tank, lol. But if he's not a first choice for PATFO for a wing, then I can see him as a "second desperate option," if he's still available & on the cheap, as well. But, would Danny want to come back, or move on somewhere else or get resigned with Toronto? Personally, I think he loves SA! The team, the organization, the city... this is were Danny got his big break at, and a championship to boot. But yeah, we'll have to keep an eye on that to see where this goes. I'd personally prefer that SAS go after a younger wing to fill that void, though. GS!!!

DPG21920
02-26-2019, 12:58 PM
I think Murray + White alone would help a lot. Probably 5-8 wins more at least. The issue is that’s a ton of pressure on them.

Beyond that, SA, now that they aren’t on their heels and have had way more time to plan need to pick a direction. If they want to winbuild (rebuild + win) they need to lean into that a little more and make some more shorter term moves. At the least spots 7-10 need to be over hauled.

Pau + Mills + Beli should all be gone.

They may be stuck due to LMA + Derozans deals, but if they can’t change that they can revamp 7-10 spots and make the team more well balanced.

Rudy probably needs to go too imo unless it’s a 1 year deal.

If they want to rebuild, that’s fine too.

But pick a direction and if it’s trying to win now to the best of their ability lean into it. I get they can’t give up tons of picks to do so because that’s foolish. But guys they love like Mills need to be made available and not held onto because they are beloved.

DPG21920
02-26-2019, 01:01 PM
But they get a pass from me this season. They had a team built for Kawhi, had little time to plan and took a swing on winning now vs rebuilding that crapped out. But now they should be planning. They know what the team is, the flaws and should have a better understanding of how to build a team around DeRozan/LMA.

When you have a team that compliments a star like Kawhi then swap him for a wildly different player it’s not totally shocking that it’s tough.

sasaint
02-26-2019, 01:16 PM
There’s nothing wrong with it. You’re a fan of the same team that had HOF Manu coming in as the 6th man.. White can still play 30 mins a game. The team can have have 48 mins of good point guard play.. And before you say then bring Murray off the bench, White is better suited for a 6th man spark roll than Murray.

Nope. LMA is far better with White.

KDKSpurs24
02-26-2019, 01:43 PM
Nope. LMA is far better with White.
How do we know that without seeing the new and improved Dejounte this year? Makes no sense to say that yet.

Mugen
02-26-2019, 01:55 PM
I think Murray + White alone would help a lot. Probably 5-8 wins more at least. The issue is that’s a ton of pressure on them.

Beyond that, SA, now that they aren’t on their heels and have had way more time to plan need to pick a direction. If they want to winbuild (rebuild + win) they need to lean into that a little more and make some more shorter term moves. At the least spots 7-10 need to be over hauled.

They may be stuck due to LMA + Derozans deals, but if they can’t change that they can revamp 7-10 spots and make the team more well balanced.

But pick a direction and if it’s trying to win now to the best of their ability lean into it. I get they can’t give up tons of picks to do so because that’s foolish. But guys they love like Mills need to be made available and not held onto because they are beloved.

Looks to me like the major factor in how they approached the Nephew trade was that making sure Pop went out with a "winning" ball club even if that was a 5-8 seed for the next few years. Now they might not even get to that low bar....

Guys like Qpon, Dante, Pau being on the roster along with DWhite having to literally play amazing bball to seize playing time away from Pop favs like Mills/Forbes shows just how badly this organization needs a fresh look in how they operate...

Rebuild was always out of the question when they decided to pull the trigger on the Demar trade. Only hope is like you said, they strike gold with the 7-10 spots on the roster or RC pulls a rabbit out of his ass again with late 1st rounders. Pop moving away from the day to day ops also wouldn't hurt IMO.....

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2019, 01:59 PM
Looks to me like the major factor in how they approached the Nephew trade was that making sure Pop went out with a "winning" ball club even if that was a 5-8 seed for the next few years. Now they might not even get to that low bar....

Guys like Qpon, Dante, Pau being on the roster along with DWhite having to literally play amazing bball to seize playing time away from Pop favs like Mills/Forbes shows just how badly this organization needs a fresh look in how they operate...

Rebuild was always out of the question when they decided to pull the trigger on the Demar trade. Only hope is like you said, they strike gold with the 7-10 spots on the roster or RC pulls a rabbit out of his ass again with late 1st rounders. Pop moving away from the day to day ops also wouldn't hurt IMO.....

This was obvious since day 1, I don't know why people keep citing the Tobias Harris deal or whatever else for the Kawhi trade..Pop is playing out his final years, he wanted to stay relevant, he added an All-Star and thought he could fix his flaws..

Pop is the GOAT, he deserves to go out however he wants, even if it's going to hurt the franchise in the short-term..

The DeRozan trade wouldn't even have been that bad for this season's goals if they actually got some decent role players on the team, particularly wing players..

DPG21920
02-26-2019, 02:04 PM
Yup - having the same core but having White + Murray and swapping Beli/Mills for more versatile wings and this team would be a 4-6 seed for sure.

Larry O
02-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Yup - having the same core but having White + Murray and swapping Beli/Mills for more versatile wings and this team would be a 4-6 seed for sure.

the same core... with the departures of Manu, Parker, LDN & no. 2, just about completely sucked out the core & culture of this team & organization. I believe that is why they decided to keep 50 Mills... so that the culture & the core can remain in tact & put a "band-aide" on the situation to keep this team competative. LMA, to me, isn't that leader that can carry this team on his shoulders, on & off the court, consistantly, & DD10... well, the excuse would be that he's new, so let him become assimulated into the culture, core and eventually he'll be one of the key leaders of the team as time passes. This would have been DJ's first full year as a full fledged leader on this team, but a leader, in my opinion, that's still unproven to this point. With 50 Mills still around, if you will, he can still provide vocal leadership & mentorship as well. It appears that DJ wants to assume the role as this team's leader, full time. Hope that he can handle this awesome responsibility. As much as many posters and fans want Mills off this team because he does stink it up on the court, I gonna assume that PATFO & the team value his leadership, for what it's worth, & be a valuable asset in that vain. But at some point, granted, if DJ & White, etc., are still around, the torch needs to be passed on to these young lions as the core leaders to carry on the Spurs' Culture into the future (hopefully). GSG!!!

sasaint
02-26-2019, 03:28 PM
How do we know that without seeing the new and improved Dejounte this year? Makes no sense to say that yet.

Makes more sense than having blind faith that Dijon is "new and improved." Dijon has never shown the BBIQ, court awareness or ability to set up his teammates that White has.

phxspurfan
02-26-2019, 03:46 PM

Meanwhile teams get players like Gerald Green, Kenneth Faried, Corey Brewer etc off the scrap heap. And we go get QPon and Cunningham. And others like Eubanks who are non ceiling replacement level players. And sit guys like Walker while teams play their rookies and get good production from them.

phxspurfan
02-26-2019, 03:49 PM

Not really. Other teams will get better. Lakers won't be shit forever. Clippers will get much better with their cap space for max players and being a destination market. Jazz will get better as their stars start getting respect, and if they sign a Hayward replacement/2nd banana. Portland may get better. Denver will certainly get better. Sacto will get better. We may be competition with NO and Memphis for pugatory for awhile if we don't construct the roster better for the modern game.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2019, 04:33 PM
The Spurs have awful guard play and an unreliable bench. A healthy Murray and White make the team about 5 deep.

The core of LMA, Demar, Gay, Murray and White is solid. You could keep Bertans and Poetl as some bench youth to develop...9th and 10th men. The rest of the roster needs to be turned over. Do that and the Spurs are relevant without going through a 4 or 5 year rebuild. I hate how little defense and grit this group displays, but I do think next year's version could be a lot better with less than a handful of the right kind of role player.

John B
02-26-2019, 05:40 PM

So i'd like this:
Murray/White
Green/Mills/Walker
Aldridge/Poetel
The recent plays of LW4 is making me regret losing Green. I’m sure PATFO sees the same. Hopefully LW4 works his butt off and proves people wrong

TD 21
02-26-2019, 05:48 PM
But they get a pass from me this season. They had a team built for Kawhi, had little time to plan and took a swing on winning now vs rebuilding that crapped out. But now they should be planning. They know what the team is, the flaws and should have a better understanding of how to build a team around DeRozan/LMA.

When you have a team that compliments a star like Kawhi then swap him for a wildly different player it’s not totally shocking that it’s tough.

This is the biggest misnomer from the apologists . . .

1. I don't buy that this team was ever built for scumbag. They did then what they're doing now (acquired a combination of the best talent they could and players who fit their precious culture and "system", with little to no regard for fit), the differences are, they no longer have a superstar, core of 2-way players or continuity.

2. They had to have a strong sense during last season that he wanted out.

3. The roster construction in general was asinine. They shouldn't have needed to watch a season play out to know that virtually no 3-point shooting from their highest usage players, a litany of one dimensional 3-point shooters, no true SF and general imbalance, was insane.

MultiTroll
02-26-2019, 06:15 PM
This is the biggest misnomer from the apologists . . .

1. I don't buy that this team was ever built for scumbag. They did then what they're doing now (acquired a combination of the best talent they could and players who fit their precious culture and "system", with little to no regard for fit), the differences are, they no longer have a superstar, core of 2-way players or continuity.
And burned on his talent to boot. In his would-be MVP season, a while after the all star break when he was ripping off 30/9/8s on 50/40/90s he got cut back from FGA and overall touches so LMAs vagina could be more of the focus. Purportedly to get LMA ready for the playoffs. Major phuck up by CIA Popped.
After Kwas MVP level playoff performance got Zaza'd, we saw what a non leader LMA was.

tim_duncan_fan
02-26-2019, 07:40 PM
It's not Pop's fault these guys can't hoop.

SouthTexasRancher
02-26-2019, 10:17 PM
This is top three most idiotic posts I've ever read on this board. Congratulations. I award you no points for your stupidity. Furthermore, may god take mercy on your pathetic, ignorant existence.

Well coming from an extremely low IQ, knuckle dragging, 5 year old idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, ignoramus I consider it a compliment. I sincerely hope your mommy will take you for Psychiatric help and see to it that you stay on your meds. And by all means stop sucking the dicks of the little 4 year old boys in your Kindergarten class. And may I remind you that I did not and never would ask you for an opinion on anything so in passing, child, let me say go fuck yourself, doofus. :ihit

sasaint
02-26-2019, 10:27 PM
Heard Pop will step down as Head Coach after next season, And will only fulfill his commitment to USA Basketball & and then will retire from the NBA

2 seasons too late.