PDA

View Full Version : Worst Rodeo Road Trip Ever.

illusioNtEk
02-26-2019, 09:48 AM
This is the time of year where Spurs begin to shine and show the whole NBA what we are truly made of... Teams used to he afraid playing us.... fans used to be scared the Spurs are in town....

Now we lose way to fucking much and I'm not used to losing... I don't know how yall can handle it but I'm a winner... I win all the time... can't standing fucking losing

Maybe lebron rethinks his LA gig and joins the Spurs??

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 10:09 AM
Exactly as I've been predicting all along. Former hardcore Spurs fans up until this year are beginning to get pissed (as they rightfully should) and leave the Spurs in favor of more food, shows, Netflix, sex, and better forms of entertainment. Boycott this POS excuse for a team. #Relocate #SaveTheLegacy

ginobilized
02-26-2019, 10:10 AM
Change is the one constant in life.

Just because the sports team we identify with has a winning tradition doesn't mean we have won anything.

You'll be alright

offset formation
02-26-2019, 10:43 AM
Exactly as I've been predicting all along. Former hardcore Spurs fans up until this year are beginning to get pissed (as they rightfully should) and leave the Spurs in favor of more food, shows, Netflix, sex, and better forms of entertainment. Boycott this POS excuse for a team. #Relocate #SaveTheLegacy

Lol. That's a backasswards definition of fan. #truetoform though for a free agent "fan"

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Lol. That's a backasswards definition of fan. #truetoform though for a free agent "fan"

It is 100% objectively reasonable to change your fandom if the (pitted) face of your organization goes from a mastermind of winning basketball to a chatterbox for an absolutely loathsome political cause.

Blackhaus
02-26-2019, 11:49 AM
First year in forever I haven’t ordered league pass and I didn’t even know they we’re playing last night. It really sucks but all fan bases go through it, it’s just hard cause Spurs fans haven’t had to in so fucking long. They have to trim some serious fat this offseason if there’s any hope of righting this sinking ship.

Dex
02-26-2019, 11:55 AM
It was bound to happen at some point.

The flip-side to riding such an amazing wave as the one we did with Duncan and Co. is that anything less is going to be lackluster in comparison.

It's going to be a long time before we see anything close to that level of success again. May never happen, tbh.

We are still a middle of the pack team, and I agree that it's damn frustrating. Imagine being a fan of teams like the Suns or Knicks who lose 10, 15 games in a row...and have been doing so for like a decade.

SupremeGuy
02-26-2019, 12:04 PM
I wonder what would have happened if David Lee and Zaza didn't take out Kawhi's ankle. Beginning of the end, tbh.

PATFO was bailed out by Duncan for 20 years. This is like watching Phil try to coach without Jordan and Pippen, or a dominant big man and kirby. Pop clearly stopped giving a shit and started opening his mouth.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 12:36 PM
First year in forever I haven’t ordered league pass and I didn’t even know they we’re playing last night. It really sucks but all fan bases go through it, it’s just hard cause Spurs fans haven’t had to in so fucking long. They have to trim some serious fat this offseason if there’s any hope of righting this sinking ship.

Starting with the doofus moon face on the sideline.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-27-2019, 06:23 PM
I wonder what would have happened if David Lee and Zaza didn't take out Kawhi's ankle. Beginning of the end, tbh.

PATFO was bailed out by Duncan for 20 years. This is like watching Phil try to coach without Jordan and Pippen, or a dominant big man and kirby. Pop clearly stopped giving a shit and started opening his mouth.

That GS series would have been epic, Kawhi would still be a Spur, and we'd be playing defense right now in a league without defense...easily the 2 seed in the West, if not the 1.

Zaza may have killed the Spurs with a single trip.

sasaint
02-27-2019, 07:26 PM
That GS series would have been epic, Kawhi would still be a Spur, and we'd be playing defense right now in a league without defense...easily the 2 seed in the West, if not the 1.

I hear lots of "Game 1 don't make a series" on ST, but I tend to agree with you. If we had won game 1, especially in the fashion we built the lead, the series would likely have been epic, whether the Spurs won or lost. I feel less sure about what Kawhi would have done.

Spurtacular
02-27-2019, 07:35 PM
https://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Hyde-1.gif

phxspurfan
02-27-2019, 07:38 PM

I don’t know about all that. He injured that ankle first stepping on Hardens foot in the WCSF IIRC. The ankle wasn’t going to hold up to the high usage it would have taken the Spurs that year to get past GS and CLE in the finals that year. He was one wrong step from turning the ankle either way. He just turned it real bad real quick (his first game back) versus possibly turning it on one of his other jumps or pivots later, or simply being gimpy and not 100% leading to the Spurs losing to GS even if he played.