PDA

View Full Version : U.S. ranked 35th healthiest nation in the world

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 11:34 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-24/spain-tops-italy-as-world-s-healthiest-nation-while-u-s-slips

:lmao Shitmerica
:lmao "Death, no liberty, and no pursuit of happiness"
:lmao "richest" nation in the world, but 35th in quality of citizen health and 41st in life expectancy
:lmao prioritizing profits over basic health of its population
:lmao Iceland and a tiny Southeast Asian city-state in the top 10
:lmao profits over people
:lmao system designed to make more money by keeping more people sick
:lmao doctors making a million bucks in a week and bankrupting patients
:lmao insurance companies bankrupting the nation's citizens
:lmao private healthcare
:lmao biggest fraud nation in history of mankind
:lmao Shitmerica

DMC
02-26-2019, 11:44 AM
Everyone dies.

Health is largely personal choice.

Chucho
02-26-2019, 11:45 AM
Everyone dies.

Let's hope sooner than later for OP.

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 12:35 PM
Everyone dies.

Health is largely personal choice.
oh ok fuck it then

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 12:37 PM
Because so many are fat. Has nothing to do with quality of health care.

DarrinS
02-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Stop eating, tbh

FrostKing
02-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Poor diet is something I noticed in every dead end job I worked.

Eating poorly = feeling shitting = looking gross

There is a larger problem and that is many Americans can't cook. As the percentage of busted families increases - bad habits are passed down.

Also Americans are poor planners so buying groceries and making meals for the week ahead doesnt occur. It is all living in the moment. For gods sake having your junk food delivered is now popular.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 12:50 PM
I see these disgusting 500lb round fatballs riding the handicap carts at HEB and wonder how the fuck they ever got that big...did it ever occur to them that getting that fat might not be a good idea?

DMC
02-26-2019, 01:01 PM
oh ok fuck it then

You personally affected by global ranking?

DMC
02-26-2019, 01:03 PM
I see these disgusting 500lb round fatballs riding the handicap carts at HEB and wonder how the fuck they ever got that big...did it ever occur to them that getting that fat might not be a good idea?

Marketing and catering to obesity is one reason.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 01:12 PM
Marketing and catering to obesity is one reason.

no personal responsibility?

FrostKing
02-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Personal responsibility in the age of BlackLivesMatter....

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 01:20 PM
The far right will just blame the fatties and smokers and fail to acknowledge just how f***ing expensive health insurance is these days, especially after Obamacare you can't get a reasonably priced plan if you have a job, and if you don't have a job and you get an ACA marketplace plan then you better hope you stay unemployed or else the IRS will send you a letter saying you owe an additional $3,000 to "make up the difference"...

... this, and doctors charging f***ing $120,000 for a f***ing routine pacemaker surgery... he does 3-4 a day and only works 3 days a week... basically a million bucks and up every billing cycle...

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 01:23 PM
You personally affected by global ranking?
by the number? no. by the implication that we are doing a subpar job dealing with health? yeah thats pretty important

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 01:24 PM
The far right will just blame the fatties and smokers and fail to acknowledge just how f***ing expensive health insurance is these days, especially after Obamacare you can't get a reasonably priced plan if you have a job, and if you don't have a job and you get an ACA marketplace plan then you better hope you stay unemployed or else the IRS will send you a letter saying you owe an additional $3,000 to "make up the difference"...

... this, and doctors charging f***ing $120,000 for a f***ing routine pacemaker surgery... he does 3-4 a day and only works 3 days a week... basically a million bucks and up every billing cycle...

your pricing is bullshit

FrostKing
02-26-2019, 01:26 PM

?

The issue is Americans incapable of making a sandwich, cooking a soup or creating a salad unless it comes boxed, canned or bagged.

The average American would starve to death if a foreign nation attacked. So sadly is there a price for Military in this handicapped nation?

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 01:41 PM
?

The issue is Americans incapable of making a sandwich, cooking a soup or creating a salad unless it comes boxed, canned or bagged.

The average American would starve to death if a foreign nation attacked. So sadly is there a price for Military in this handicapped nation?

I don't think that most people CAN'T cook, it's just that millennials (especially) are too lazy to cook most of the time. Myself included. But I can cook pretty damn good, except I always screw up rice but that's a minor problem.

People would starve to death because of a lack of convenient access to food. Not being able to grow/raise their own food is different from not being able to cook. In an industrialized, urbanized society, there are stores, not farms and ranches. If you aren't willing to go out grocery shopping because you're afraid of getting shot or blown up by a tank, that's different from not being able to cook.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 01:44 PM
your pricing is bullshit

It's not? My mom was charged $100K last August. And that was an insurance negotiated price. Her coinsurance was $1,000, fortunately, because that was her MOOP because of her top tier plan, but if you have a "copper" or "high deductible" plan, you might be paying $12,000 out of pocket or more. Most people can't afford that. That's a down payment on a ****ing house.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 01:46 PM
It's not? My mom was charged $100K last August. And that was an insurance negotiated price. Her coinsurance was $1,000, fortunately, because that was her MOOP because of her top tier plan, but if you have a "copper" or "high deductible" plan, you might be paying $12,000 out of pocket or more. Most people can't afford that. That's a down payment on a ****ing house.

If you think the doctor is making a million dollars a week you are completely full of shit.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 01:49 PM
If you think the doctor is making a million dollars a week you are completely full of shit.

The doctor makes a majority of that bill. Probably 55-60%. Yes, I know about malpractice insurance and all, but these doctors are ****ing rich.

The proper solution is gov't subsidized medical school (no student loans) and public doctors with salaries ranging upwards from $150,000 per year based on experience and location. And regulate malpractice lawsuits such that the maximum tort is the price of medical repairs + up to an additional maximum of $100,000.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 01:50 PM
The doctor makes a majority of that bill. Probably 55-60%. Yes, I know about malpractice insurance and all, but these doctors are ****ing rich.

The proper solution is gov't subsidized medical school (no student loans) and public doctors with salaries ranging upwards from $150,000 per year based on experience and location. And regulate malpractice lawsuits such that the maximum tort is the price of medical repairs + up to an additional maximum of $100,000.
After all those years of schooling and residency, cardiothoracic surgeons earn a median annual salary of $448,793, which means that half earn more than this and the other half earn less. This is higher than the median annual salary for all physicians and surgeons, which is $251,578

hater
02-26-2019, 01:58 PM
Grease and fat is engrained in every inch of American society

When I travel by car in US, I always pack my lunch as the only pit stops along all our highways and roads are junk grease heartatack inducing trash. Mcdonalds, bk, pizza hut, starbucks, thats all you find

You cannot even find a single healthy option in any travel route.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 02:02 PM

When I travel by car in US, I always pack my lunch as the only pit stops along all our highways and roads are junk grease heartatack inducing trash. Mcdonalds, bk, pizza hut, starbucks, thats all you find

Been to Bucees?

baseline bum
02-26-2019, 02:03 PM

I don't think fat is the problem in this country. It's the fucking sugar and corn syrup in everything. Seemed like all the beetus problems in this country started with the war on fat in the 90s when you had all this low fat shit come out that replaced the fat with sugar.

DMC
02-26-2019, 02:50 PM

The term "one" means something.

DMC
02-26-2019, 02:52 PM
by the number? no. by the implication that we are doing a subpar job dealing with health? yeah thats pretty important

Do you understand the stats?

DMC
02-26-2019, 02:55 PM
After all those years of schooling and residency, cardiothoracic surgeons earn a median annual salary of $448,793, which means that half earn more than this and the other half earn less. This is higher than the median annual salary for all physicians and surgeons, which is $251,578

I doubt the data points along the salary curve are evenly distributed.

DMC
02-26-2019, 02:57 PM

The solution is to tax you at 50%+

You ok with that?

RandomGuy
02-26-2019, 03:16 PM
Because so many are fat. Has nothing to do with quality of health care.

Might be because 60 million people dn't have health insurance or regular access to doctors.

Nah.

Let's find a way to spin it so you can feel smug.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 03:22 PM

:lol Adjusted gross income. They're tax deduction pros, no doubt

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Might be because 60 million people dn't have health insurance or regular access to doctors.

Nah.

Let's find a way to spin it so you can feel smug.

Fuck you, RG...Did I touch a nerve there?

Obesity is a serious concern because it is associated with poorer mental health outcomes, reduced quality of life, and the leading causes of death in the U.S. and worldwide, including diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and some types of cancer.

https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/adult/causes.html

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 03:28 PM
The solution is to tax you at 50%+

You ok with that?

50%+ of income over $1M? Absolutely.

However, there are two problems as to why the rich don't pay their fair share. One is with tax rates, but the bigger one is with tax breaks. Amazon paid ZERO in taxes in 2018 -- c'mon, that's tax fraud! Jeff Bezos should be in prison, 25-to-L man?!? Nope, the US tax code is way too friendly to corporations in terms of tax BREAKS, not tax rates.

Instead of raising tax rates too much we need to seriously bring the hammer down against tax breaks. It costs the IRS hundreds of billions per year and it's the Fortune 500+ conglomerates doing 90%+ of the damage.

Trill Clinton
02-26-2019, 03:29 PM
If only the rest of the world was as fit as ST posters

BD24
02-26-2019, 03:30 PM
Let's hope sooner than later for OP.
:lol

DMC
02-26-2019, 03:52 PM
50%+ of income over $1M? Absolutely.

However, there are two problems as to why the rich don't pay their fair share. One is with tax rates, but the bigger one is with tax breaks. Amazon paid ZERO in taxes in 2018 -- c'mon, that's tax fraud! Jeff Bezos should be in prison, 25-to-L man?!? Nope, the US tax code is way too friendly to corporations in terms of tax BREAKS, not tax rates.

Instead of raising tax rates too much we need to seriously bring the hammer down against tax breaks. It costs the IRS hundreds of billions per year and it's the Fortune 500+ conglomerates doing 90%+ of the damage.

No. 50% of your income.

DMC
02-26-2019, 03:52 PM
Self destructive eating is reinforced during childhood in the US.

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 03:54 PM
If only the rest of the world was as fit as ST posters
and rich

DMC
02-26-2019, 03:56 PM
And virtuous

Spurminator
02-26-2019, 04:17 PM
No. 50% of your income.

Why not 60% of your income? Plus 100% of the first $10K you make? Since we're just making up numbers and inventing new ways for tax brackets to work.

rmt
02-26-2019, 04:27 PM
I don't think that most people CAN'T cook, it's just that millennials (especially) are too lazy to cook most of the time. Myself included. But I can cook pretty damn good, except I always screw up rice but that's a minor problem.

People would starve to death because of a lack of convenient access to food. Not being able to grow/raise their own food is different from not being able to cook. In an industrialized, urbanized society, there are stores, not farms and ranches. If you aren't willing to go out grocery shopping because you're afraid of getting shot or blown up by a tank, that's different from not being able to cook.

Get a rice cooker or better yet - an Instant Pot - perfect rice. For white rice, use water to a little above your middle finger knuckle (pointed down). For brown rice, use more (like a knuckle and a half). I highly recommend (on sale) an Instant Pot - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute, steam - all in one.

rmt
02-26-2019, 04:31 PM

I don't think the grease and fat are the problem - it's the large fries, the super-sized soda, and apple pie that go along with the burger, the PAN pizza (instead of thin crust), etc.

rmt
02-26-2019, 04:35 PM

You should look at the "adjustments."

Wow, way to change the educational, medical and legal systems in 2 sentences - good luck doing all that - expect HEAVY pushback - you must think all those industries are going to take it lying down.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:03 PM
No. 50% of your income.

That's stupid. Taxing the poor/lower middle class is evil and the exact opposite of all my arguments. I don't suggest any taxes until over 50K and only almost microscopic taxes until over 100K.

DMC
02-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Why not 60% of your income? Plus 100% of the first $10K you make? Since we're just making up numbers and inventing new ways for tax brackets to work.

What country on that list does that?

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:05 PM
Wow, way to change the educational, medical and legal systems in 2 sentences - good luck doing all that - expect HEAVY pushback - you must think all those industries are going to take it lying down.
But you 100% know I'm right.

The solution is to be president/lead government and force the changes. Don't give the rich pigs and jews a choice except to concede, or else GTFO and try their cruel extortionist tactics in fuckin' Malaysia or something.

DMC
02-26-2019, 05:07 PM
That's stupid. Taxing the poor/lower middle class is evil and the exact opposite of all my arguments. I don't suggest any taxes until over 50K and only almost microscopic taxes until over 100K.

So you're poor?

You want to drink champagne but pay for beer.

DMC
02-26-2019, 05:08 PM
But you 100% know I'm right.

The solution is to be president/lead government and force the changes. Don't give the rich pigs and jews a choice except to concede, or else GTFO and try their cruel extortionist tactics in fuckin' Malaysia or something.

AOC level stupid

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:10 PM
I don't think the grease and fat are the problem - it's the large fries, the super-sized soda, and apple pie that go along with the burger, the PAN pizza (instead of thin crust), etc.
I agree on this. The carbs are a far bigger culprit than the meat and fat that the hipster vegan faggots always try to demonize.

White bread, semolina starch, amylopectin etc is bad. Howevre, added sugar (especially corn syrup) is the absolute worst thing you can eat. Seriously, a 12oz can of butter is healthier to eat at one sitting than a couple slices of the average store-bought chocolate cake.

The best diet for longevity is meat, veggies, and whole grains, and I try hard to stick to that... though I can't always help myself.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:11 PM
You aren't getting "Medicare for All" without raising taxes on the middle class.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:11 PM
So you're poor?

You want to drink champagne but pay for beer.
Annually...

Below 50K is impoverished
50K-150K is lower middle class
150K-250K is middle middle class
250K-1M is upper middle class
1M+ is just rich.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:13 PM
You aren't getting "Medicare for All" without raising taxes on the middle class.

What's the point of Medicare for all if there's already Medicaid?

Just 86 the insurance business or make it less profitable by publicizing healthcare, with private options for non-FDA approved but *promising* experimental opportunities in beta testing.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:14 PM

Just 86 the insurance business or make it less profitable by publicizing healthcare, with private options for non-FDA approved but *promising* experimental opportunities in beta testing.

That was a very confusing post.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Get a rice cooker or better yet - an Instant Pot - perfect rice. For white rice, use water to a little above your middle finger knuckle (pointed down). For brown rice, use more (like a knuckle and a half). I highly recommend (on sale) an Instant Pot - pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute, steam - all in one.

Don't the rice cookers usually leave you with a thick layer of crusty nasty wasted charred rice at the bottom? I want to avoid that.

SpursforSix
02-26-2019, 05:16 PM

Beta testing? What the fuck are you talking about.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:16 PM
That was a very confusing post.

Basically, amounts to... chemo, radiation, and FDA approved treatments/surgeries are all covered. But if you want the latest greatest cure from cancer from Norway, you pay more. But majority still covered if you're a citizen, etc.

Spurminator
02-26-2019, 05:17 PM
What country on that list does that?

You first. Which country taxes 50% of everyone's income?

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:17 PM
Beta testing? What the fuck are you talking about.
Experimental treatment, cure, or surgery. FDA takes an average of 10 years to approve such, and if it's too risky they never approve it.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:19 PM

Sweden is 62%

Spurminator
02-26-2019, 05:20 PM
Sweden is 62%

Everyone? Regardless of income?

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:22 PM

no, 62% is the highest marginal

only an ass backward old man would use a flat tax.

Pavlov
02-26-2019, 05:25 PM
Sweden is 62%And everyone knows what a dystopian hellscape Sweden is.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:26 PM
no, 62% is the highest marginal

only an ass backward old man would use a flat tax.

50% starts at under $50,000 USD Thats how you get your utopian "government pays everything".

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:27 PM
And everyone knows what a dystopian hellscape Sweden is.

he asked for a country with a tax rate over 50%

Pavlov
02-26-2019, 05:28 PM
he asked for a country with a tax rate over 50%Yeah, it's Satan's workshop.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:29 PM
Yeah, it's Satan's workshop.

Take your strawman and shove it up your ass.

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 05:29 PM
he asked for a country with a tax rate over 50%
not a marginal tax rate...

Pavlov
02-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Take your strawman and shove it up your ass.So it's not that bad?

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:30 PM
no he asked for a country where people's entire earnings were being taxed at 50%

Their effective tax rate is over 50% starting at under $50,000USD.

SpursforSix
02-26-2019, 05:31 PM
not a marginal tax rate...

It looks like Chad has a flat tax rate of 60%

SpursforSix
02-26-2019, 05:33 PM
It looks like Chad has a flat tax rate of 60%

or maybe not...I've seen two conflicting reports

Edit...this seems like the correct brackets for Chad

Up to 300,000 XAF — 20%
Between 300,000 and 800,000 XAF — 25%
Between 800,000 and 1,000,000 XAF — 30%
Between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 XAF — 40%
Between 1,500,000 and 2,000,000 XAF — 45%
Between 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 XAF — 50%
Between 3,000,000 and 6,000,000 XAF — 55%
More than 6,000,000 XAF — 60%

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 05:33 PM
Their effective tax rate is over 50% starting at under $50,000USD.
what's their average effective tax rate?

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 05:48 PM
or maybe not...I've seen two conflicting reports

Edit...this seems like the correct brackets for Chad

Up to 300,000 XAF — 20%
Between 300,000 and 800,000 XAF — 25%
Between 800,000 and 1,000,000 XAF — 30%
Between 1,000,000 and 1,500,000 XAF — 40%
Between 1,500,000 and 2,000,000 XAF — 45%
Between 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 XAF — 50%
Between 3,000,000 and 6,000,000 XAF — 55%
More than 6,000,000 XAF — 60%

Seems like a great place to live... prime real estate, except for the fact you can't grow anything other than maybe a cactus or two. Lol.

Chucho
02-26-2019, 05:51 PM
you should show him how you worthless piece of shit trumper.

Chucho
02-26-2019, 05:51 PM
Bend over, Ill show you how.

SpursforSix
02-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Seems like a great place to live... prime real estate, except for the fact you can't grow anything other than maybe a cactus or two. Lol.

Lol at this

First paragraph

Living in Chad can be an amazing experience. The natural resorts and cultural heritage make Chad a great place to visit. As the fifth largest country in Africa, Chad is a landlocked country that is home to over ten million people.

Then on following paragraphs on same page

Life in Chad Healthcare in Chad Like many of its public institutions, the Chadian healthcare system is vastly underfunded, overcrowded, and spread unequally throughout the country. Due to the political instability that has affected the country for many years, the public healthcare system is almost nonexistent, and current estimates show that there are fewer than three physicians, 15 nurses, and two midwives per 100,000 people.

Education in Chad Although Chad has a compulsory education system, it is estimated that only 68% of children attend school, whilst the illiteracy rate stands at 50%.

Transportation in Chad As a developing country, Chad does not have a stable, well-managed transportation network. In N’Djamena, the capital, and other major cities, there will be paved roads, but the quality will deteriorate the further you move out of the city. In addition, rural areas will usually not have paved roads, so a 4X4 vehicle is recommended if you are travelling outside of the cities. However, expatriates living in Chad should be aware that, during the rainy season, even paved roads are often unusable due to flooding. Chad currently has no rail network, but in 2012 a network was planned that will have connections between three of the major cities, N’Djamena, Moundou, and Koutéré, and to nearby Central African nations like Sudan and Cameroon. In the cities, many people will use taxis instead of driving, as they are cheaper and often easier than navigating the roads.

CosmicCowboy
02-26-2019, 05:56 PM
what's their average effective tax rate?

sounds like it's over 50% as previously stated

Swedes' personal income tax can be as little as 29 per cent of their pay, but most people (anyone earning over £32,000) will pay between 49 and 60 per cent through a combination of local government and state income tax.

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 06:04 PM
Lol at this

First paragraph

Then on following paragraphs on same page
What "expatriate" would want to live in a shithole like that? :lmao

They don't even speak English, I believe IIRC they speak French and African languages like Swahili.

That said, taking a 4X4 and strolling through the African landscape is a pretty fun experience. I've done it before. In a video game using a PS4 controller.

spurraider21
02-26-2019, 06:11 PM
gotcha, thanks. wasn't trying to be cheeky

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 07:11 PM
:lol Adjusted gross income. They're tax deduction pros, no doubt
Unlikely tbh, doctors are routinely shitty at handling money.

Spurminator
02-26-2019, 07:12 PM

Fair enough. But it's a combination of state and local taxes and they've socialized a lot more than health care. There's no evidence that we'd need those levels of taxes on everyone just for health care.

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:16 PM
No. 50% of your income.

Don't hurt your back moving goalposts.

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Fair enough. But it's a combination of state and local taxes and they've socialized a lot more than health care. There's no evidence that we'd need those levels of taxes on everyone just for health care.

If you want to be like them, you'll have to pay for it somehow. This isn't rocket science. It's really easy to throw out some naive Utopian fantasy, but when it affects your bottom line things get a bit more dicey. Let them pay for it, not me.. them.

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 07:18 PM
I don’t really understand how people like that function on a day to day basis. What happens when someone like that loses their job? Fat isn’t a protected class and no employer is going to hire a 500 lbs. lardass who needs a rascal scooter to move more than 100 feet at a time.

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:20 PM
I don’t really understand how people like that function on a day to day basis. What happens when someone like that loses their job? Fat isn’t a protected class and no employer is going to hire a 500 lbs. lardass who needs a rascal scooter to move more than 100 feet at a time.

They usually have an enabler, some codependent sycophant who will feed their maw until they pop.

Will Hunting
02-26-2019, 07:21 PM
They usually have an enabler, some codependent sycophant who will feed their maw until they pop.
Like a Gilbert Grape type of thing :lol

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:21 PM
What "expatriate" would want to live in a shithole like that? :lmao

They don't even speak English, I believe IIRC they speak French and African languages like Swahili.

That said, taking a 4X4 and strolling through the African landscape is a pretty fun experience. I've done it before. In a video game using a PS4 controller.

Have you ever been outside of Texas in your life?

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Like a Gilbert Grape type of thing :lol

Even that show with morbidly obese people, they always have someone there trying to salve some child rearing shortcoming guilt by cooking a dozen eggs a day.

Spurminator
02-26-2019, 07:27 PM
If you want to be like them, you'll have to pay for it somehow. This isn't rocket science. It's really easy to throw out some naive Utopian fantasy, but when it affects your bottom line things get a bit more dicey. Let them pay for it, not me.. them.

Health care is a single variable in which we would be "like them." I'm aware taxes will increase. Your estimation of how substantially they will increase is hyperbole.

DMC
02-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Health care is a single variable in which we would be "like them." I'm aware taxes will increase. Your estimation of how substantially they will increase is hyperbole.

How much money would the country need to stop people from swelling up like blimps? Where's the medical solution?

So you don't think changing to socialized medicine would affect other sectors? No one depends on privatized medicine in the business world?

rmt
02-26-2019, 07:37 PM
Annually...

Below 50K is impoverished
50K-150K is lower middle class
150K-250K is middle middle class
250K-1M is upper middle class
1M+ is just rich.

Problem is - pretty soon, to pay for it all, "just rich" creeps lower and lower until it reaches where YOU are and then, suddenly, all this freeness doesn't seem so great after all.

rmt
02-26-2019, 07:40 PM

There aren't enough people making over 100k to support themselves AND all the people under 100k.

Monostradamus
02-26-2019, 07:42 PM
There aren't enough people making over 100k to support themselves AND all the people under 100k.
And too many immigrant moocher hypocrites like yourself to whine about that.

rmt
02-26-2019, 07:43 PM
Don't the rice cookers usually leave you with a thick layer of crusty nasty wasted charred rice at the bottom? I want to avoid that.

Not if you use enough water and don't leave it on warm for a long time.

rmt
02-26-2019, 08:00 PM
And too many immigrant moocher hypocrites like yourself to whine about that.

I'm not the one suggesting (the impractical) no taxes under $50k and MICROSCOPIC taxes until over 100k.

rmt
02-26-2019, 08:24 PM
House Democrats to release 'Medicare for All' bill — without a price tag

The proposal calls for a two-year transformation of Medicare into a universal single-payer system, eliminating nearly all private health plans. It would also expand Medicare coverage to include prescription drugs, dental and vision services, and long-term care without charging co-pays, premiums or deductibles — and would provide federal funding for abortions.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/26/house-democrats-medicare-for-all-1189139

The bolded alone would sink this plan cost-wise - like Medicaid (nursing home) for all the Medicare people. Long-term care (insurance) is EXTREMELY expensive - kicks in with loss of 2 of 6 daily activities or cognitive impairment (remember the coming increase in dementia/Alzheimer's)

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 08:57 PM
Unlikely tbh, doctors are routinely shitty at handling money.

Attorneys/CPAs bro

Millennial_Messiah
02-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Have you ever been outside of Texas in your life?

Been to 31 states plus Mexico and Canada... you?

boutons_deux
02-26-2019, 10:03 PM
dental and vision services,

charging co-pays, premiums or deductibles — and would provide federal funding for abortions.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/26/house-democrats-medicare-for-all-1189139

dental and vision aren't covered by France's national insurance. you pay extra for that.

also, nominal copays are always required

and a national database prevents users from doctor shopping, getting the same prescription from multiple doctors.

nobody goes bankrupt for medical bills, nobody goes to GoFundMe to pay their medical bills.

aka a humane society, in contrast to the dog-eat-dog brutality, sadism, cruelty of USA' oligarchical wealth-sucking Capitalism

Chucho
02-26-2019, 10:13 PM
No thank you.

You are so bad spurt chose Joey calf tats as his dom.

Yo dead mom, bitch.

midnightpulp
02-27-2019, 12:01 AM
When can do Medicare for All without significantly raising taxes. As I've stated before, our per capita tax expenditure toward health care is just as high in countries with universal healthcare, so why do they have it and we don't? "Cause it's just different here." Bullshit. It's because health care providers, pharmaceutical companies, and medical equipment companies charge arbitrary high prices because they know they're getting the money one way or another. It's like a defense contractor charging 10 grand for a bolt on an F22. Look at this shit. 700 bucks for a chair with wheels. https://www.alimed.com/bariatric-rollator.html?pid=150381. Over 300.00 for a fuckin' walker: https://www.alimed.com/extra-heavy-duty-folding-walker.html?pid=54768

We also drastically need to cut military spending. I harp on defense spending because if we put the same amount of money into infrastructure and healthcare that we've put into shit like wars and 1.5 trillion fighter planes over the years, we'd have infrastructure and healthcare that would be second to none. Eisenhower warned about the MIC long time ago.

midnightpulp
02-27-2019, 12:08 AM
"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists, and will persist."

Eisenhower gave the address after completing two terms in office; it was just days before the new president, John F. Kennedy, would be sworn in. Eisenhower was worried about the costs of an arms race with the Soviet Union, and the resources it would take from other areas -- such as building hospitals and schools.

What a sage. Now the arms race is fueled by the War on Terror. "Yeehaw, we need dem trillion dollar fightah planes and sub'morines to kill det dem dere ISIS! Yeeeeeeehaaaw. Support the Troops! Them are fightin' dem goat farmers to protect my freedumbs."

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 12:13 AM
What a sage. Now the arms race is fueled by the War on Terror. "Yeehaw, we need dem trillion dollar fightah planes and sub'morines to kill det dem dere ISIS! Yeeeeeeehaaaw. Support the Troops! Them are fightin' dem goat farmers to protect my freedumbs."

Eisenhower was also a Republican and a pro-American WWII hero.

midnightpulp
02-27-2019, 12:20 AM
Eisenhower was also a Republican and a pro-American WWII hero.

Yeah, very different from the republicans today. Reagan transformed the party into a hawkish, Christian fundamentalist cult (Goldwater warned about the Evangelical Right gaining influence over the GOP).

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 12:24 AM
Yeah, very different from the republicans today. Reagan transformed the party into a hawkish, Christian fundamentalist cult (Goldwater warned about the Evangelical Right gaining influence over the GOP).
then again, Barry Goldwater was the idiot who wanted to use nukes to show our stronghand to the rest of the world, but he was right about the religious crap

Lyndon Johnson was absolutely atrocious, too, but if we had used nukes back then at the height of Soviet military power, we might not have been born

ElNono
02-27-2019, 02:11 AM
How much money would the country need to stop people from swelling up like blimps? Where's the medical solution?

The medical solution is preventive care: routine checks with your doctor, blood tests, keeping tabs on your health, a better work/leisure balance, etc.

Then there's the cultural aspect too... when NY wanted to ban sugary drinks over 16oz in restaurants, some people here where all like "muh freedom!" (to be fat)... so there's that too.

But to the OP's point, yeah, the cost of the US healthcare system won't come down until costs from service providers and pharma are capped. If the numbers posted here are legit, a median $250k annual for doctors puts them squarely in the top 5% earners in the country. If you go state by state, it can go as far as the top 1%.

FrostKing
02-27-2019, 02:22 AM
In Europe they'll jack your kids if you turn them obese. Not sure Americans wanna open that pandoras box. Rap is child abuse too tbh...

ElNono
02-27-2019, 02:55 AM
In Europe they'll jack your kids if you turn them obese. Not sure Americans wanna open that pandoras box. Rap is child abuse too tbh...

Hyperbole.

FrostKing
02-27-2019, 03:13 AM
Hyperbole.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/obese-girl-overweight-mother-care-custody-bmi-health-diet-leicester-a8168246.html

ElNono
02-27-2019, 05:45 AM
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/obese-girl-overweight-mother-care-custody-bmi-health-diet-leicester-a8168246.html

More than one in five children are overweight or obese when they begin primary school, rising to one in three by the time they finish, according ot the Health and Social Care Information Centre.

From your link, and this was one girl. Like I said, hyperbole.

That said, I like that judge, tbh...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/child-vaccination-girl-father-objection-judge-ruling-a8504741.html

DMC
02-27-2019, 07:07 AM
The medical solution is preventive care: routine checks with your doctor, blood tests, keeping tabs on your health, a better work/leisure balance, etc.

That's not a money issue though. Preventive care exists now. People won't even follow their physician's recommendations.

Then there's the cultural aspect too... when NY wanted to ban sugary drinks over 16oz in restaurants, some people here where all like "muh freedom!" (to be fat)... so there's that too.

While I agree that Americans won't easily give up fattening foods and sugary drinks, people do have a right to be fat if they so choose. The problem isn't that at all. The problem is the concept that people who won't take care of themselves still deserve to be taken care of at the cost of the taxpayer. It's similar to people not willing to work. If someone wants to eat themselves to death, that's their prerogative. "You'll be healthy whether you like it or not" isn't on par with personal freedom, "muh" or not.

But to the OP's point, yeah, the cost of the US healthcare system won't come down until costs from service providers and pharma are capped. If the numbers posted here are legit, a median $250k annual for doctors puts them squarely in the top 5% earners in the country. If you go state by state, it can go as far as the top 1%.
But how much of the difference between the ranks in the OP is related to poor medical care availability?

Was the US ever in the top 5 for healthiest nations using those same criteria?

DMC
02-27-2019, 07:08 AM
Been to 31 states plus Mexico and Canada... you?

Every state in the US, just got back last night from Australia. Been to almost every civilized nation on Earth, some not so civilized.

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2019, 07:46 AM
then again, Barry Goldwater was the idiot who wanted to use nukes to show our stronghand to the rest of the world, but he was right about the religious crap

Lyndon Johnson was absolutely atrocious, too, but if we had used nukes back then at the height of Soviet military power, we might not have been born

That is not accurate. He basically said IF we are going to be in Vietnam then fight it to win, not just bleed men and money for years (like we did) with no real goal. He wasn't advocating using nukes in Nam.

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 08:48 AM
That is not accurate. He basically said IF we are going to be in Vietnam then fight it to win, not just bleed men and money for years (like we did) with no real goal. He wasn't advocating using nukes in Nam.
Essentially though nukes (or mass bombings) were really probably the only way to win 'Nam.

Lyndon Johnson's half ass piss fest was godawful and his domestic and social policies were disgusting, too. One of the worst presidents ever. Don't know why JFK ever picked that buffoon, I guess to try to win the South in the general election?

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 08:51 AM
Every state in the US, just got back last night from Australia. Been to almost every civilized nation on Earth, some not so civilized.

I'm jealous AF. You've probably had fun dates and encounters with various interesting pretty women from all sorts of different states and countries, huh?

Have you ever gotten to have consensual sex in another country with a woman who knew very little to no English? That's the ultimate exotic prize, tbh.

DMC
02-27-2019, 08:52 AM
Essentially though nukes (or mass bombings) were really probably the only way to win 'Nam.

Lyndon Johnson's half ass piss fest was godawful and his domestic and social policies were disgusting, too. One of the worst presidents ever. Don't know why JFK ever picked that buffoon, I guess to try to win the South in the general election?

Just no.

DMC
02-27-2019, 08:54 AM
I'm jealous AF. You've probably had fun dates and encounters with various interesting pretty women from all sorts of different states and countries, huh?

Not really. Mostly just business. I traveled some in the military when I was single but most of my travels have been as a married man. I've visited lots of art galleries and museums though :lol

Have you ever gotten to have consensual sex in another country with a woman who knew very little to no English? That's the ultimate exotic prize, tbh.
Avante has, but maybe more to do with her age than her native tongue, since age of consent was "different" there, ya know. A nod of the head and the grabbing of the pinky finger means "let's go, sailor".

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 01:39 PM
Not really. Mostly just business. I traveled some in the military when I was single but most of my travels have been as a married man. I've visited lots of art galleries and museums though :lol
Avante has, but maybe more to do with her age than her native tongue, since age of consent was "different" there, ya know. A nod of the head and the grabbing of the pinky finger means "let's go, sailor".
I meant actual women... like 21-39, silly. "18" is still a kid/tweener IMO.

Art galleries, and museums... nice for picture taking and bragging rights, but boring outside of that.

And just because you're a married man doesn't mean you can't have affairs? As long as your wife isn't coming with.

SpursforSix
02-27-2019, 02:35 PM
but if we had used nukes back then at the height of Soviet military power, we might not have been born

Is there a downside?

Millennial_Messiah
02-27-2019, 03:23 PM
Is there a downside?

Junes 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2014 never would have happened

SpursforSix
02-27-2019, 03:27 PM
Junes 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007 and 2014 never would have happened

That's an excellent point.

Chris
03-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Just putting this here : )

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1105496887627534337

Splits
03-12-2019, 05:29 PM
Just putting this here : )

https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/status/1105496887627534337

https://twitter.com/maklelan/status/1105537566772584448?s=21

midnightpulp
03-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Just putting this here:

Key findings related to the U.S. include:

Healthy lives: The U.S. does poorly, ranking last on infant mortality and on deaths that were potentially preventable with timely access to effective health care and second-to-last on healthy life expectancy at age 60.

Access to care: People in the U.S. have the hardest time affording the health care they need. The U.S. ranks last on every measure of cost-related access. More than one-third (37%) of U.S. adults reported forgoing a recommended test, treatment, or follow-up care because of cost.

Health care quality: The U.S ranks in the middle. On two of four measures of quality—effective care and patient-centered care—the U.S. ranks near the top (3rd and 4th of 11 countries, respectively), but it does not perform as well providing safe or coordinated care.
Efficiency: The U.S ranks last, due to low marks on the time and dollars spent dealing with insurance administration, lack of communication among health care providers, and duplicative medical testing. Forty percent of U.S. adults who had visited an emergency room reported they could have been treated by a regular doctor, had one been available. This is more than double the rate of patients in the U.K. (16%).

Equity: The U.S. ranks last. About four of 10 (39%) adults with below-average incomes in the U.S. reported a medical problem but did not visit a doctor in the past year because of costs, compared with less than one of 10 in the U.K., Sweden, Canada, and Norway. There were also large discrepancies between the length of time U.S. adults waited for specialist, emergency, and after-hours care compared with higher-income adults.

Chris
03-12-2019, 09:08 PM
Yes, Americans have a spending problem. They buy things they don't need, and eat processed foods they shouldn't eat. We are programmed to consume at an early age. Big Daddy Federal Government isn't going to solve our health problems.

boutons_deux
03-22-2019, 03:11 PM
slave state South Carolina, of course, Bitch Nikki Haley gets bitch-slapped ever so gently by a successful, civilized country

Please Enjoy These Finnish People Politely Going After Nikki Haley for Saying They Hate Having Good Healthcare (https://theslot.jezebel.com/please-enjoy-these-finnish-people-politely-going-after-1833465227)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1079790465078173703/EPEucth2_normal.jpgNikki Haley
✔@NikkiHaley
(https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley)
Alright @BernieSanders (https://twitter.com/BernieSanders), you’re not the woman having the baby so I wouldn’t be out there talking about skimping on a woman when it comes to childbirth. Trust me! Nice try though.

Bernie Sanders
✔@BernieSanders

In the United States it costs, on average, $12,000 to have a baby.

In Finland it costs $60.

We've got to end the disgrace of our profit-driven health care system and pass Medicare for all.
(https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/1103423057186734081)
17.3K (https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1108467476805963776)
3:36 PM - Mar 20, 2019 (https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley/status/1108467476805963776)

She followed up with:

“Health care costs are too high that is true but comparing us to Finland is ridiculous.

Ask them how their health care is.

You won’t like the answer.”

<they answered! :lol >

https://theslot.jezebel.com/please-enjoy-these-finnish-people-politely-going-after-1833465227?utm_source=gizmodo_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2019-03-22

goddamn, ALL of your rightwingnutjobs are FUCKING STUPID

boutons_deux
03-23-2019, 07:12 AM
BigAg, BigFood killing us with over-sweet, highly processed so-called food

Good enough to eat?

The toxic truth about modern food

In 2015 around 7 million people died from tobacco smoke, and

2.75 million from causes related to alcohol, but

12m deaths could be attributed to “dietary risks” such as diets low in vegetables, nuts and seafood or diets high in processed meats and sugary drinks.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/mar/16/snack-attacks-the-toxic-truth-about-the-way-we-eat (https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/mar/16/snack-attacks-the-toxic-truth-about-the-way-we-eat)

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2019, 07:18 AM
BigAg, BigFood killing us with over-sweet, highly processed so-called food

Good enough to eat?

The toxic truth about modern food

In 2015 around 7 million people died from tobacco smoke, and

2.75 million from causes related to alcohol, but

12m deaths could be attributed to “dietary risks” such as diets low in vegetables, nuts and seafood or diets high in processed meats and sugary drinks.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/mar/16/snack-attacks-the-toxic-truth-about-the-way-we-eat (https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/mar/16/snack-attacks-the-toxic-truth-about-the-way-we-eat)

yeah I don't eat sugar pretty much at all aside from the ever occasional indulgence.