PDA

View Full Version : How will Jalen Hurts do at OU?

Fabbs
02-27-2019, 11:23 PM
National Championship winner
In final game
Make playoffs Final Four
11-2 miss playoffs
10-3
9-4
Worse

Of course we need more info as the season approaches. Injuries, what not.
But I would say based on OUs past couple seasons that making the Final Four will happen.
Rare total screw up by Saban imo. Leaving his pet Tua in no matter what. Ironic since it was his gutsy move of pulling the starter Hurts that gave them the Champ the year before. Should have done the exact same thing vs Clemson at halftime.

I know this is the Texas Forum but lets hear some reality about OUs chances.

playblair
02-27-2019, 11:24 PM
they have a weak schedule the only real test is texas

1 loss or less until playoffs

Blake
02-28-2019, 10:00 AM
Same as he did at Bama.

He'll look great against weaker opponents and struggle against blue blood programs.

DesignatedT
02-28-2019, 11:28 AM
Schedule is cake. OU could potentially run the table depending on if their defense improves or not. Don't think they will be putting up godly offensive numbers though like they have been.

Blake
02-28-2019, 12:56 PM
I honestly don't see how his game translates to an Air Raid offense. We'll see I guess.

MultiTroll
10-13-2019, 12:00 AM
they have a weak schedule the only real test is texas

1 loss or less until playoffs
Looking on track so far with todays pretty close game vs Texas.

Schedule is cake. OU could potentially run the table depending on if their defense improves or not. Don't think they will be putting up godly offensive numbers though like they have been.Only part I don't like about the Conference title games is it can be a rematch. OU defense looked good at times today but certainly not Playoff Champion caliber.

Same as he did at Bama.

He'll look great against weaker opponents and struggle against blue blood programs.
A lot of the time and to the point todays game he was mostly good but had some key horrific turnovers.
2017 Championship game tho that run to take the lead was great. Bamas D choked that away along with ClemsonRef on that final b.s. pick play.

Blake
10-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Against a blue blood defense like UT, he looked like he did at Bama: great running QB, mediocre passer that makes bad throws at critical times.

rjv
10-15-2019, 03:38 PM
Against a blue blood defense like UT, he looked like he did at Bama: great running QB, mediocre passer that makes bad throws at critical times.

LaMarcus Bryant
10-17-2019, 12:18 PM

Yeah overall mediocre IMO, but good enough to get the job done on a playoff contending team.
OU won the shootout despite his mediocre ass. Bum should be off heisman contention rest of the season after that turnover fest.
Kyler or Baker, or even Landry bury us by 50 points the way we showed up last saturday

MultiTroll
12-19-2019, 08:25 AM
Well he's been good and lucky enough to make the Final Foul. Does it all end here vs LSU? Badly?

FrostKing
12-19-2019, 09:21 PM
He still references Alabama in his comments which is awkward

Top 4 team but significant gap from the Top 3 and it doesn't have to do with him

CosmicCowboy
12-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Well he's been good and lucky enough to make the Final Foul. Does it all end here vs LSU? Badly?

OU is a 14 point dog to LSU and it still looks like a good bet on LSU.

Blake
12-22-2019, 01:15 PM
Betting against OU+14 would be really stupid.

I wouldn't touch that game at all.

MultiTroll
12-22-2019, 11:05 PM

Why not? I'm not disagreeing with you about laying off but why? LSU and Burrow are steamrolling.

Blake
12-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Why not? I'm not disagreeing with you about laying off but why? LSU and Burrow are steamrolling.

OU is the same level blue blood program as LSU so in these types of games the trenches are usually even.

So then it comes down to skill players. LSU has the advantage for sure but 14 points better? Lamb is pretty electric in his own right.

If OU can keep from turning the ball over, I think this game is close.

Blake
12-28-2019, 06:46 PM

Good call!

CosmicCowboy
12-28-2019, 09:51 PM
OU is the same level blue blood program as LSU so in these types of games the trenches are usually even.

So then it comes down to skill players. LSU has the advantage for sure but 14 points better? Lamb is pretty electric in his own right.

If OU can keep from turning the ball over, I think this game is close.

:lmao

Yeah, really close, Blake.

Blake
12-28-2019, 10:39 PM

How much did you put on LSU, CC?