PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 11, gives birth to child of rapist after Argentina says no to abortion

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 03:40 PM
An 11-year old girl who became pregnant after being raped was forced to give birth after Argentine authorities refused to allow her the abortion to which she was entitled.

The authorities ignored repeated requests for an abortion from the child, called “Lucía” to protect her identity, as well as her mother and a number of Argentine women’s right activists. After 23 weeks of pregnancy, she had to undergo a caesarean section on Tuesday. The baby is unlikely to survive.

The move has been described as the “worst kind of cruelty for this child” and has been blamed on an anti-choice strategy in the country to force girls to carry their pregnancies to term.

Lucía told the psychologist at the hospital to which she was admitted after two suicide attempts: “I want you to remove what the old man put inside me.”

Lucía, the youngest of three sisters, became pregnant after she was abused by her grandmother’s 65-year-old partner. She was placed under her grandmother’s care in 2015, after her two older sisters were reportedly abused by her mother’s partner.

Lucía discovered she was pregnant on 23 January at a first-aid centre in her hometown in the northern province of Tucumán. A week later, the child was admitted to the Eva Perón hospital outside the provincial capital city of Tucumán. Suffering from self-inflicted lesions resulting from apparent suicide attempts, she was placed in state care.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2019/feb/28/girl-11-gives-birth-to-rapists-child-after-argentina-refuses-abortion

Latin America's fight to legalise abortion: the key battlegrounds
Read more

While abortion remains illegal in Argentina, a 1921 law allows it to be performed in cases of rape or when a woman’s life is in danger. A doctor declared in court that Lucía faced “high obstetric risk” should her pregnancy be allowed to continue.

Gustavo Vigliocco, Tucumán’s health secretary, insisted the child did not want an abortion – a claim denied by activists who had access to court proceedings. “I am close to both the child and her mother. The child wants to continue her pregnancy. We are considering the risks but she has a large contexture, she weighs more than 50 kilos,” Vigliocco said in a radio interview.

Having delayed action until 23 weeks into Lucía’s pregnancy, health authorities decided on Tuesday to carry out a caesarean section. The decision followed a court order to take immediate action, given the length of the pregnancy.

Cecilia Ousset, the doctor who performed the procedure alongside her husband and fellow physician, Jorge Gijena, said: “We saved the life of an 11-year-old girl who was tortured for a month by the provincial health system.”

She accused Tucumán’s governor, Juan Manzur, of using the child for political purposes.

“For electoral reasons they [the authorities] prevented the legal interruption of the pregnancy and forced the little girl to give birth,” she said. “My legs trembled when I saw her, it was like seeing my younger daughter. The little girl didn’t understand completely what was going to happen.”

Ousset said Lucía was in a good condition after the procedure, but she did not expect the baby to survive.

Women’s rights activists in Argentina were outraged by the case.

Get Society Weekly: our newsletter for public service professionals
Read more
Writer Claudia Piñeiro tweeted on Wednesday: “There are those who tortured an 11-year-old rape victim in Tucumán. It’s dangerous they have such power and that we were not able to prevent it.”

Mariana Carbajal, the journalist and feminist activist who originally broke Lucía’s story in the progressive daily Página/12, tweeted: “Tucumán treated her like a receptacle, like an incubator.”

Soledad Deza, of the Women for Women Association, said Lucía’s case was not one of conscientious objection by doctors. “Regrettably, what we have here is a conservative action stemming from the executive branch,” Deza told Página/12. “Abortion is a legal option in the case of abuse or risk to life. The state has to ensure the procedure. Here there was the worst kind of cruelty with this child.”

Anti-choice campaigners said the case illustrated their motto: “Save both lives”, a rallying cry that has gathered strong support among anti-abortion activists.

“That defenceless and innocent human being is whom abortionists managed to pull from its mother’s womb in Tucumán, 24 weeks and premature. Now it lies with tubes attached and in risk of dying when 20 more days could have been allowed to pass to guarantee both lives. What bastards!”, tweeted Mariano Obarrio, a journalist for Argentina’s leading daily La Nación, a newspaper that has declared itself against legal abortion in Argentina.

Argentina senate rejects bill to legalise abortion
Read more
Tucumán’s archbishop, Carlos Sánchez, recorded a message on Wednesday revealing Lucía’s real name and calling on Christians to “defend all human life”.

The “save both lives” motto was repeated in an official statement from the government of Tucumán on Tuesday after the court ruled that the decision was up to health authorities. The government ordered hospital director Elizabeth Avila to “continue with the procedures necessary to attempt to save both lives”.

An attempt to legalise abortion lost by a slim margin last August
when Argentina’s senate voted to leave in place the longstanding law that penalises women who undergo an abortion with up to four years in prison.

The law has not stopped abortions. It has put the lives of poorer women who do not have access to good doctors willing to perform the clandestine procedures particularly at risk. An average of one abortion is performed every 90 seconds in Argentina, with as many as 450,000 unsafe illegal abortions carried out every year, according to estimates.

DMC
03-01-2019, 03:41 PM
Avante bookmarked this thread.

TSA
03-01-2019, 03:42 PM
Absolutely disgusting. This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. Raped, forced to have the baby, and then baby probably dies. Fuck.

Spurs Homer
03-01-2019, 03:48 PM
Absolutely disgusting. This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard. Raped, forced to have the baby, and then baby probably dies. Fuck.

Keep voting for the GOP.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 04:02 PM
idgaf about anyone in argentina... they have their laws and we have ours.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 04:02 PM
Keep voting for the GOP.

or we can all vote dem and kill full term babies... lmao

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 04:06 PM
"Remove what that man put inside me"

Eleven year olds don't talk like that.

:lol Today's agenda driven media.

Spurs Homer
03-01-2019, 04:06 PM

...or we can save the babies and then take away their health care so they can suffer more..

in which case - your GOP - vote will make sure they suffer greatly

Spurs Homer
03-01-2019, 04:07 PM

Apparently you have not dealt with 11 year olds and understand how intelligent they are.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 04:08 PM
...or we can save the babies and then take away their health care so they can suffer more..

in which case - your GOP - vote will make sure they suffer greatly

i laugh at you all here because "my GOP" as if you know me so well. you fucks are such retards who love to play make believe because it makes you feel better about yourself. you're a fucking dumbass man.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Apparently you have not dealt with 11 year olds and understand how intelligent they are.

you only think that because you have an 11 yr olds mentality tbh.

Spurs Homer
03-01-2019, 04:10 PM
you only think that because you have an 11 yr olds mentality tbh.

I just know that any 11 year old is smarter than to have calf tats on their legs...

Blake
03-01-2019, 04:14 PM

Or we can go all kw druggy and wish death on them as grown adults

Blake
03-01-2019, 04:18 PM

What's the agenda here, conspiraderp

Blake
03-01-2019, 04:20 PM
i laugh at you all here because "my GOP" as if you know me so well. you fucks are such retards who love to play make believe because it makes you feel better about yourself. you're a fucking dumbass man.

Yes, when everyone laughs at you, you turn around and laugh at everyone. Well played.

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 04:29 PM

You mad I sniffed out drama queen activists, bruh.

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 04:30 PM
What's the agenda here, conspiraderp

What do you think, idiot?

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Be sure to put "knows what 11 year old rape vicitims say" on your resume for your next job.

Fuckwit.

Blake
03-01-2019, 04:41 PM
What do you think, idiot?

You're a derp so it could be any retarded thing that pops into your derp head, derp.

Blake
03-01-2019, 04:43 PM
You mad I sniffed out drama queen activists, bruh.

So you think this story is fake. Derrrrrrp

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 05:12 PM
Be sure to put "knows what 11 year old rape vicitims say" on your resume for your next job.

Fuckwit.

You kidnap your brother's kids yet, bruh?

That on your resume yet?

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 05:12 PM
So you think this story is fake. Derrrrrrp

It's dramatized for effect to get your cuck senses overflowing.

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 05:13 PM
You're a derp so it could be any retarded thing that pops into your derp head, derp.

You in serious arrested development, homey.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 05:14 PM

Isn't that exactly the way an 11 year old would understand the situation?

and you realize it's a translation right?

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 05:19 PM

That's exactly what an activist would say. Eleven-year-olds rarely talk in those terms.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 05:27 PM
That's exactly what an activist would say. Eleven-year-olds rarely talk in those terms.

I can easily see the explanation to the girl when she starts asking about all this is, "that man put something inside you". Or maybe they explained it more scientifically but her takeaway was that the man put something inside her.
I can't believe you think that's some intelligent deep shit she said. Not to mention, as I said, it's a translation.

What do you think an 11 year old would say? Put that into Spanish and then translate it back.

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 05:50 PM
I can easily see the explanation to the girl when she starts asking about all this is, "that man put something inside you". Or maybe they explained it more scientifically but her takeaway was that the man put something inside her.
I can't believe you think that's some intelligent deep shit she said. Not to mention, as I said, it's a translation.

What do you think an 11 year old would say? Put that into Spanish and then translate it back.

Kids don't talk like that; activists do. Welcome to the world we live in.

Blake
03-01-2019, 06:10 PM

Yes make the story of an 11 year old getting an abortion about how activists mess with your head

Pavlov
03-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Kids don't talk like that; activists do. Welcome to the world we live in.How do you say an 11 year old would say that in Spanish?

Be specific, Derp.

All the sudden, you won't care anymore.

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 07:35 PM
You kidnap your brother's kids yet, bruh?

That on your resume yet?

I am curious, in your vast experience with 11 year old rape victims, what do they say?

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 07:36 PM

At some point, a doctor or parent probably explained human sexuality to her.

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 07:36 PM

That's exactly what a shitweasel would say. Real humans rarely talk in those terms.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 07:48 PM
I just know that any 11 year old is smarter than to have calf tats on their legs...

can you even make one coherent sentence you retard?

Or we can go all kw druggy and wish death on them as grown adults

yeah because i'm such a druggy... when's your death thread coming ya bitch?

Yes, when everyone laughs at you, you turn around and laugh at everyone. Well played.

the fuck if i care what a bunch of retards are laughing at. you're a fucking bitch man. a sad pathetic bitch.

RandomGuy
03-01-2019, 07:57 PM
This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.

For the record, I have not regretted this. Not once.

I just don't understand why anyone bothers.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 08:04 PM
For the record, I have not regretted this. Not once.

I just don't understand why anyone bothers.

:tu good job faggot

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 08:35 PM
At some point, a doctor or parent probably explained human sexuality to her.

Sure. But how else would you expect an 11 year old to convey what she wanted?
”Please abort this baby”. I can’t see why it’s not believable she said something that was translated into “remove this thing that man put in me”. And again...it’s a translation of a quote. And she was likely emotional. That statement doesn’t convey anything about intelligence.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 08:38 PM

Youre reading way too much into a translation of something said by an 11 year old rape victim.

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 08:39 PM
That's exactly what a shitweasel would say. Real humans rarely talk in those terms.

:cry the guardian is a real guardian :cry
:cry Didn't ya know :cry

Spurtacular
03-01-2019, 08:41 PM
How do you say an 11 year old would say that in Spanish?

Be specific, Derp.

All the sudden, you won't care anymore.

:lol "in Spanish"
:lol Psychopav

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 08:43 PM
why is this stupid thread even on this forum? 2 pgs deep of sissy social justice warriors.

SpursforSix
03-01-2019, 08:45 PM
why is this stupid thread even on this forum? 2 pgs deep of sissy social justice warriors.

That’s rich. There’s 2 or 3 threads that have several pages each of you and Chump basically having a name calling contest.

koriwhat
03-01-2019, 08:49 PM
That’s rich. There’s 2 or 3 threads that have several pages each of you and Chump basically having a name calling contest.

well then maybe you should tell pav to stfu from time to time and stop with his marrygoround line of questioning. when the dipshits stop then i stop but until then go grab some popcorn.

Avant
03-01-2019, 08:57 PM
Avante bookmarked this thread.

Why not go with what Avante has actually said ya queer?

Here is the thread/post that started all this..."pedo"...talk.
Let's rise above...kids in hiding talking stupid...ok?

I've never known a known pedophile. So I'm really not sure how I would act if in contact with the freak. I'm guessing I'd do my best to stay as far away as possible. There is nothing more disturbing that this, it is the ultimate wrong in my book.

How could anyone mistreat or sexually abuse a child, that has gotta be the pinnacle of sickness. These freaks need to be shot by the parents or some relative who would love blowing the bastard away. Yep, a bullet right into the freaks diseased brain...yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read that Mohammad was a pedophile, one of his many wives being a 6 year old, but he waited until she was all of 9 before he finally...........sick fuck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why continue to ignore real life? Dude, stop ignoring what I said about sick shit. it's fucking stupid.

RandomGuy
03-02-2019, 09:56 AM
:cry the guardian is a real guardian :cry
:cry Didn't ya know :cry

RandomGuy
03-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Eyup.

Not that I think there is much appetite for a discussion of abortion, but thought it worth noting what one of the effects of forcing women, and girls, to be pregnant through abortion bans is.

The OP is the reality in places where it is public policy. A public policy that almost half the country would support.

Personally I would not want to make doctors and nurses into paid informants.

Trill Clinton
03-02-2019, 10:32 AM
now the poor young mother will probably need welfare to support her baby

Will Hunting
03-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Welfare that the Conservatives who forced her to have the child don't want her to have :tu

Trill Clinton
03-02-2019, 10:48 AM
Welfare that the Conservatives who forced her to have the child don't want her to have :tu

yup.

Spurs Homer
03-02-2019, 10:56 AM

and she will be attacked for being lazy and gaming the system and the child will have issues

RandomGuy
03-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Didn't read the OP.

The baby is unlikely to survive.

So essentially, the child was forced to give birth to an infant that will live a short, tortured existence.

RandomGuy
03-02-2019, 11:45 AM
and she will be attacked for being lazy and gaming the system and the child will have issues

She was placed under her grandmother’s care in 2015, after her two older sisters were reportedly abused by her mother’s partner.

Lucía discovered she was pregnant on 23 January at a first-aid centre in her hometown in the northern province of Tucumán. A week later, the child was admitted to the Eva Perón hospital outside the provincial capital city of Tucumán. Suffering from self-inflicted lesions resulting from apparent suicide attempts, she was placed in state care.

I am going to guess that she will eventually succeed in her attempts. She has the rest of her life to try, literally, and tragically.

RandomGuy
03-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Lucía told the psychologist at the hospital to which she was admitted after two suicide attempts: “I want you to remove what the old man put inside me.”

Do eleven year old rape victims generally try repeatedly to kill themselves. Give us the benefit of your vast shitweasel experience.

Pavlov
03-02-2019, 12:26 PM
:lol "in Spanish"
:lol Psychopav
What language do you think she speaks?

Mandarin?

Trill Clinton
03-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Didn't read the OP.

So essentially, the child was forced to give birth to an infant that will live a short, tortured existence.

i don't think anyone read the OP. hope the baby pulls through.

SpursforSix
03-02-2019, 12:34 PM
Eyup.

Not that I think there is much appetite for a discussion of abortion, but thought it worth noting what one of the effects of forcing women, and girls, to be pregnant through abortion bans is.

The OP is the reality in places where it is public policy. A public policy that almost half the country would support.

Personally I would not want to make doctors and nurses into paid informants.

I don’t believe “almost half the country” would be against abortion in these situations. Please back up how you come up with your estimate.

DMC
03-02-2019, 01:25 PM
Why not go with what Avante has actually said ya queer?

Here is the thread/post that started all this..."pedo"...talk.
Let's rise above...kids in hiding talking stupid...ok?

I've never known a known pedophile. So I'm really not sure how I would act if in contact with the freak. I'm guessing I'd do my best to stay as far away as possible. There is nothing more disturbing that this, it is the ultimate wrong in my book.

How could anyone mistreat or sexually abuse a child, that has gotta be the pinnacle of sickness. These freaks need to be shot by the parents or some relative who would love blowing the bastard away. Yep, a bullet right into the freaks diseased brain...yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've read that Mohammad was a pedophile, one of his many wives being a 6 year old, but he waited until she was all of 9 before he finally...........sick fuck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So why continue to ignore real life? Dude, stop ignoring what I said about sick shit. it's fucking stupid.

Dance, Bojangles!

:lmao

SpursforSix
03-02-2019, 01:31 PM
And by the way, the story in the OP omitted some important facts that explain why the girl’s abortion request was delayed. This is as much about minor’s rights as it is abortion.

It’s incredibly dishonest to use this incident in Argentina and say this is what happens if you vote Republican. Or implying that this is what the right supports. It’s the other side of the coin as saying Dems are baby killers because they must all support late term abortions.

It’s a pretty disgusting.

DJR210
03-02-2019, 02:04 PM
Avante's world tour continues

DMC
03-02-2019, 02:20 PM
And by the way, the story in the OP omitted some important facts that explain why the girl’s abortion request was delayed. This is as much about minor’s rights as it is abortion.

It’s incredibly dishonest to use this incident in Argentina and say this is what happens if you vote Republican. Or implying that this is what the right supports. It’s the other side of the coin as saying Dems are baby killers because they must all support late term abortions.

It’s a pretty disgusting.
It's RG though, the Billy Mays of political discussion.

FrostKing
03-02-2019, 03:38 PM
"Lucía, the youngest of three sisters, became pregnant after she was abused by her grandmother’s 65-year-old partner. She was placed under her grandmother’s care in 2015, after her two older sisters were reportedly abused by her mother’s partner."

What's in the water?

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 05:23 PM

:lol Triggered

You kidnap those kids yet?

Spurtacular
03-02-2019, 05:26 PM
i don't think anyone read the OP. hope the baby pulls through.

Wouldn't have to if chumpettes' dream of killing it had just happened. Amirite?