PDA

View Full Version : Bloomberg says he won't run for president in 2020

ElNono
03-06-2019, 12:51 AM
The billionaire said he was ‘clear-eyed about the difficulty of winning the Democratic nomination.’

Billionaire Michael Bloomberg announced Tuesday he would not run for president in a crowded Democratic primary where he had little chance, and instead would focus on helping his party win back the White House and Senate by spending hundreds of millions of dollars.

“I am clear-eyed about the difficulty of winning the Democratic nomination in such a crowded field,” Bloomberg wrote in an op-ed published on his eponymous news organization’s website.

“I’ve come to realize that I’m less interested in talking than doing,” Bloomberg said. “And I have concluded that, for now, the best way for me to help our country is by rolling up my sleeves and continuing to get work done.”

Bloomberg is prepared to spend at least $500 million from his own pocket to deny President Donald Trump a second term, his top political advisor Kevin Sheekey told POLITICO last month, with the intention of running an unprecedented data-heavy campaign designed to operate as a shadow political party for the eventual Democratic nominee.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/05/bloomberg-says-he-wont-run-for-president-in-2020-1205460

ElNono
03-06-2019, 12:53 AM
Disgusting how Citizens United enabled guys like this to influence elections and be so grossly open about it.

Spurtacular
03-06-2019, 01:11 AM
:lol at all these ultra rich billionaires that don't realize how un-likeable they are, tbh.

Donnie Nelson
03-06-2019, 01:17 AM
:lol at all these ultra rich billionaires that don't realize how un-likeable they are, tbh.
Says the guy who semen-shields for one daily :lol

Spurtacular
03-06-2019, 01:28 AM
Says the guy who semen-shields for one daily :lol

Slob thinks I said all ultra rich are unlikeable. I can set my watch by his idiocy. :lmao