PDA

View Full Version : Why did he do this?

mrsmaalox
03-07-2019, 02:50 PM
I’m hoping you guys can help me understand something that happened to me today...My husband contacted a tree trimming service and had them come out to give an estimate yesterday. We showed him what we wanted, he called last night to give a price, we said ok. He said he’d be over today, late morning. I told my husband to be sure to tell him to ring the doorbell so I could make sure my dogs were all inside before he went into the backyard. My husband also told him that since he would not be home I wanted to walk around and check the work before I wrote the check. He said fine. So he shows up, ring the doorbell. I open the door “You getting started?” He replies “Can you lock your dogs outside because I have to come in and use the restroom” Ummm NO. I said to go ahead and go to the gas station then come back. He just laughed and walked back to his truck. And he never went anywhere. SO WTF was that?!?

Im asking you guys because although I know lots of men (;)) you all know more and probably know some guys that do this kind of thing. Its not the first time. A few years ago a guy did the same thing, I let him in (he didnt know my husband was home) and he just went and stood in the bathroom for like 2 seconds then walked out!

Is it just to see if they can get inside the house?

Johnny Tightlips
03-07-2019, 02:52 PM
I ain't sayin' nothin'.

DJR210
03-07-2019, 02:58 PM
I’m hoping you guys can help me understand something that happened to me today...My husband contacted a tree trimming service and had them come out to give an estimate yesterday. We showed him what we wanted, he called last night to give a price, we said ok. He said he’d be over today, late morning. I told my husband to be sure to tell him to ring the doorbell so I could make sure my dogs were all inside before he went into the backyard. My husband also told him that since he would not be home I wanted to walk around and check the work before I wrote the check. He said fine. So he shows up, ring the doorbell. I open the door “You getting started?” He replies “Can you lock your dogs outside because I have to come in and use the restroom” Ummm NO. I said to go ahead and go to the gas station then come back. He just laughed and walked back to his truck. And he never went anywhere. SO WTF was that?!?

Im asking you guys because although I know lots of men (;)) you all know more and probably know some guys that do this kind of thing. Its not the first time. A few years ago a guy did the same thing, I let him in (he didnt know my husband was home) and he just went and stood in the bathroom for like 2 seconds then walked out!

I'm gonna go ahead and tag in our resident sociopath and sexual predator Fabbs to get his expert analysis on these actions..

DJR210
03-07-2019, 03:05 PM

If you ever use the Nextdoor app, you will see the amount of reports of shady people out there.. Whether they are contractors, or walking door to door.. they get recorded on people's Ring doorbells etc. and get posted doing strange creeper things like ringing the doorbells and standing out of their view, or holding their finger over the camera..

I know a ton of people are just not aware of how weird they can be, but you would also be naive to think that a good portion of these people aren't also looking for opportunities to scope out houses or even worse, a chance to get laid. I would never leave my GF in charge of dealing with contractors, especially one not employed by a reputable company.

Chucho
03-07-2019, 03:08 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and tag in our resident sociopath and sexual predator Fabbs to get his expert analysis on these actions..

:lmao

FrostKing
03-07-2019, 03:18 PM
Maybe he wanted to wash his hands/face

mrsmaalox
03-07-2019, 03:25 PM
If you ever use the Nextdoor app, you will see the amount of reports of shady people out there.. Whether they are contractors, or walking door to door.. they get recorded on people's Ring doorbells etc. and get posted doing strange creeper things like ringing the doorbells and standing out of their view, or holding their finger over the camera..

I know a ton of people are just not aware of how weird they can be, but you would also be naive to think that a good portion of these people aren't also looking for opportunities to scope out houses or even worse, a chance to get laid. I would never leave my GF in charge of dealing with contractors, especially one not employed by a reputable company.

I couldnt control the notifications on that app! Made me bonkers so I got rid of it, but yea I remember some creepy stuff going around on it. I may add my 2 cents to it now.

mrsmaalox
03-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Maybe he wanted to wash his hands/face

Good point, he was doing yard work after all. Still not a good enough reason to get into my house and seems a bit imposing on the customer, no?

benefactor
03-07-2019, 03:34 PM
:lol

Cue the projection meme

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 03:34 PM

LOL. This reads pretty funny if you just add quotes around tree trimming. So it says, My husband contacted a "tree trimming" service. And then assume the whole thing is talking about some sex service.

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Seriously though, he probably had to poop and just didn't want to go at the gas station. And then decided to just hold it if he couldn't throw stool in your house.
LOL..."throw stool". TM

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 03:38 PM
The laughing part is weird though.

mrsmaalox
03-07-2019, 03:46 PM
Seriously though, he probably had to poop and just didn't want to go at the gas station. And then decided to just hold it if he couldn't throw stool in your house.
LOL..."throw stool". TM

Nope, throwing stool isnt a good enough reason either. :lol

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 04:01 PM
Nope, throwing stool isnt a good enough reason either. :lol

Oh I agree it's not a good reason.

Sort of on topic...my dad had just passed away and we were having an estate sale. Some guy came in and asked if he could use the restroom. I assumed 1) he was going to look around after he went and 2) he was going to pee.

Nope. He walked right out of restroom, through the front door, and to his car. I thought that was weird and went to the bathroom to see if he had stolen anything (not that there was anything in there to steal). Anyway, as soon as I got to the hallway, I could smell what he had done. It was brutally offensive.

At first, I thought "what an asshole". But then later, I kind of thought that was a funny shtick.

Millennial_Messiah
03-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Good point, he was doing yard work after all. Still not a good enough reason to get into my house and seems a bit imposing on the customer, no?

Technicians/service providers who are at a house on job are NOT supposed to ask to use customers' restrooms for any reason. Doing so will get you fired at all major cable/internet companies. You're supposed to go to the bathroom at the company office and other places, but never customers' personal bathrooms. It's common courtesy.

There's a good chance the guy was looking for a private spot to stake out your house and plot something fairly malicious for his own personal/financial gain. It's a damn good thing you didn't let him in. You hear stories like this all the time that end in either the homeowner(s) or intruders (or a combination of both) getting killed and wounded. Never, ever, let a stranger use your personal restroom or frankly any private/enclosed space in your house by themselves. Best case scenario they leave a nasty smell/feeling as they invaded your personal space, worst case scenario you're in the back of a hearse the next day.

baseline bum
03-07-2019, 04:36 PM
Probably wanted to scope out the medicine cabinet.

Will Hunting
03-07-2019, 04:55 PM
I've never understood why servicemen think it's acceptable to ask if they can use the restroom. Is it really that hard to understand why most people wouldn't want a serviceman who's sweaty and smelly as fuck from working outside (and who's diet likely consists of a footlong burrito for lunch every day) coming into their house to punish their toilet?

It also definitely happens to women who are home alone a lot more often because they know the woman is likely to say yet in order to avoid confrontation. A man won't have any issue saying no even if it results in awkwardness.

DJR210
03-07-2019, 05:11 PM
I couldnt control the notifications on that app! Made me bonkers so I got rid of it, but yea I remember some creepy stuff going around on it. I may add my 2 cents to it now.

Yeah, fuck the app.. that site is predominantly run by animal obsessed zealots, so you will have dumbfucks sending "urgent" alerts at 3:00 AM because they saw someone's dog loose.. Don't use the app, just open a browser and access the site to avoid the notification issue.

DJR210
03-07-2019, 05:13 PM
:lol

Cue the projection meme

You already know it's coming..

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 05:19 PM
Yeah, fuck the app.. that site is predominantly run by animal obsessed zealots, so you will have dumbfucks sending "urgent" alerts at 3:00 AM because they saw someone's dog loose.. Don't use the app, just open a browser and access the site to avoid the notification issue.

There was a thread on ours that began with a woman who's dog got out and got pregnant and she was looking for a home for the eventual puppies. Turned into a 50 post thread with most of it consisting of lecturing her about how irresponsible she was by 1) not spaying her pet and 2) letting her dig out.

It's not going to surprise me if at some point, someone gets killed because of NextDoor. Starting arguments with strangers that live near you AND know your name and address is not advisable.

DMC
03-07-2019, 05:19 PM
He did it because he trims trees for a living and lacks social or professional courtesy. instead of grabbing the lowest bidder, go with a reputable firm.

Pavlov
03-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Yeah, fuck the app.. that site is predominantly run by animal obsessed zealots, so you will have dumbfucks sending "urgent" alerts at 3:00 AM because they saw someone's dog loose.. Don't use the app, just open a browser and access the site to avoid the notification issue.:lol too true. That's exactly what I do.

DMC
03-07-2019, 05:21 PM
:lol too true. That's exactly what I do.

Do you tie yours to ST responses?

Pavlov
03-07-2019, 05:23 PM
Do you tie yours to ST responses?That makes no sense.

Sorry.

Millennial_Messiah
03-07-2019, 05:29 PM
I've never understood why servicemen think it's acceptable to ask if they can use the restroom. Is it really that hard to understand why most people wouldn't want a serviceman who's sweaty and smelly as fuck from working outside (and who's diet likely consists of a footlong burrito for lunch every day) coming into their house to punish their toilet?

It also definitely happens to women who are home alone a lot more often because they know the woman is likely to say yet in order to avoid confrontation. A man won't have any issue saying no even if it results in awkwardness.
Exactly. When I owned a home, I made sure I'm always home for service or else no one is. Never, ever, leave the woman by herself. If you must be gone, make sure you have a guy friend or male family member home.

I'm the kind of guy who presents pocket aces even when I have seven-deuce offsuit in the hole. But that's the thing with guys, servicemen can't do jack shit because you've always got to assume a male homeowner/home renter will have a gun as a last resort in case of confrontation. But male servicemen know they can run all over women.

DJR210
03-07-2019, 05:32 PM
There was a thread on ours that began with a woman who's dog got out and got pregnant and she was looking for a home for the eventual puppies. Turned into a 50 post thread with most of it consisting of lecturing her about how irresponsible she was by 1) not spaying her pet and 2) letting her dig out.

It's not going to surprise me if at some point, someone gets killed because of NextDoor. Starting arguments with strangers that live near you AND know your name and address is not advisable.

Yeah.. as a long time Spurstalk user, I tend to stay away from responding to shit there, because it's so full of fucking retards. So many fucking losers on that app, it's so hard to not go full Spurstalk mode and troll the shit out of them. I saw one thread yesterday there with a grown ass man going back and forth with some redneck calling him "small penis" over and over because he had a diesel truck modified to blow obnoxious redneck black smoke and was allegedly speeding through the neighborhood. I saw a retard bitch there asking to "borrow" some fucking breast milk.. countless morons posting PSA's about dogs because every waking moment of their lives revolves around the safety of stray animals. Dumbfucks crying that people are popping fireworks and how their poor, poor dogs are having anxiety attacks because of the pops. That fucking app makes me really, really fucking hate my neighbors, and people in general.

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 05:33 PM
Exactly. When I owned a home, I made sure I'm always home for service or else no one is. Never, ever, leave the woman by herself. If you must be gone, make sure you have a guy friend or male family member home.

I'm the kind of guy who presents pocket aces even when I have seven-deuce offsuit in the hole. But that's the thing with guys, servicemen can't do jack shit because you've always got to assume a male homeowner/home renter will have a gun as a last resort in case of confrontation. But male servicemen know they can run all over women.

you never had pad thai

Millennial_Messiah
03-07-2019, 05:37 PM
you never had pad thai
yes, but phad kee mao is better.

Blake
03-07-2019, 05:39 PM

Yeah no, never need to let those dudes in for any reason.

Call the landscaping boss and repeat this story back, see what he says

SpursforSix
03-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Yeah.. as a long time Spurstalk user, I tend to stay away from responding to shit there, because it's so full of fucking retards. So many fucking losers on that app, it's so hard to not go full Spurstalk mode and troll the shit out of them. I saw one thread yesterday there with a grown ass man going back and forth with some redneck calling him "small penis" over and over because he had a diesel truck modified to blow obnoxious redneck black smoke and was allegedly speeding through the neighborhood. I saw a retard bitch there asking to "borrow" some fucking breast milk.. countless morons posting PSA's about dogs because every waking moment of their lives revolves around the safety of stray animals. Dumbfucks crying that people are popping fireworks and how their poor, poor dogs are having anxiety attacks because of the pops. That fucking app makes me really, really fucking hate my neighbors, and people in general.

oh yeah...the fireworks thing...seen that too. People bitching about fireworks on the 4th of July and New Years eve. And we're out in the country so it's completely legal. God forbid someone shoots a gun off somewhere.

The worst though was when a thread was started asking about why the police had a road blocked off and had taped off an area around a car. Everyone just had to know what happened. Someone heard there was a body in the car.
Then some asshole posted a link to the coroners report that had the person's name and cause of death...suicide. Was wife and mother with 3 kids. Then a bunch of other assholes started speculating on why she killed herself. Abusive husband? Affair?

Eventually, the poor husband felt the need to come on and detail his dead wife's lifelong struggle with depression.

Was so fucked. Of course I couldn't turn away from the whole thing.

Chris
03-07-2019, 06:07 PM
This guy clearly wanted to rape you. Good call denying him a basic human function.

Chris
03-07-2019, 06:09 PM
He probably would have pissed all over the seat and muddy up your sink with his filthy hands.

DJR210
03-07-2019, 06:16 PM
oh yeah...the fireworks thing...seen that too. People bitching about fireworks on the 4th of July and New Years eve. And we're out in the country so it's completely legal. God forbid someone shoots a gun off somewhere.

Yeah, exactly.. these pussies should spend a New Years in SA's West Side one year.. see what it's really like to deal with noise.. That shit looks like London and sounds like Aleppo around midnight tbh

DMC
03-07-2019, 07:08 PM

The worst though was when a thread was started asking about why the police had a road blocked off and had taped off an area around a car. Everyone just had to know what happened. Someone heard there was a body in the car.
Then some asshole posted a link to the coroners report that had the person's name and cause of death...suicide. Was wife and mother with 3 kids. Then a bunch of other assholes started speculating on why she killed herself. Abusive husband? Affair?

Eventually, the poor husband felt the need to come on and detail his dead wife's lifelong struggle with depression.

Was so fucked. Of course I couldn't turn away from the whole thing.

Does he post here? Thinking of a couple people.

Mark Celibate
03-07-2019, 09:33 PM
Do you tie yours to ST responses?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

DMC runnin' wild, and bullyin' niggas in the rectangular area under the rim!

Mark Celibate
03-07-2019, 09:36 PM
This guy clearly wanted to rape you. Good call denying him a basic human function.

ROFL you must not have been around to see the creatures from the deep that would surface at spurstalk GTG's tbh

no technician is touching any of them with a ten foot pole no matter how desperate IMO

Avant
03-07-2019, 10:09 PM

Knowing you have dogs pretty much ends any concern over ...get inside the house. Nobody wants to deal with barking dogs or vicious dogs. Too many better options out there than that.

Why the standing around instead of hitting a head...?

Obviously you always deal with the boss/owner and never just the hired help when it comes to in your home.

mrsmaalox
03-08-2019, 09:03 AM
Probably wanted to scope out the medicine cabinet.

That never occurred to me at all, but it makes a lot of sense. A guy could end up with a good variety of misc. drugs.

mrsmaalox
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Yeah no, never need to let those dudes in for any reason.

Call the landscaping boss and repeat this story back, see what he says

He’s the owner lol. We called 3 companies for estimates and they were all within $100 of each other. Went with this guy cuz he did some friends’ yard that is massively wooded and 2 years later their trees are still moss-free.

But I watched him all day and I’m thinking he’s just an eccentric, manic guy. Really unusual like possibly a TBI. He stopped every service crew/vehicle that drove by and yakked their ears off. He had the pool boys across the street come out to the middle of the street so he could bless them lol.

Blake
03-08-2019, 09:35 AM
He’s the owner lol. We called 3 companies for estimates and they were all within $100 of each other. Went with this guy cuz he did some friends’ yard that is massively wooded and 2 years later their trees are still moss-free.

But I watched him all day and I’m thinking he’s just an eccentric, manic guy. Really unusual like possibly a TBI. He stopped every service crew/vehicle that drove by and yakked their ears off. He had the pool boys across the street come out to the middle of the street so he could bless them lol.

He sounds crazy good at his job

mrsmaalox
03-08-2019, 09:37 AM
ROFL you must not have been around to see the creatures from the deep that would surface at spurstalk GTG's tbh

no technician is touching any of them with a ten foot pole no matter how desperate IMO

ROFL at the misplaced resentment. What happened, the cool kids didn’t invite you to their party? Is that why you are just imagining that maybe you saw my picture at one? Nope I never went to one of those lol. But really, it’s okay with me for you to continue fantasizing about my looks ;)

benefactor
03-08-2019, 09:49 AM

tbh

SpursWoman
03-08-2019, 10:02 AM

True, I met my husband on ST and we went to GTG's all the time.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/archive/2/2a/20100504230052%21Frilled_shark_head2.jpg/120px-Frilled_shark_head2.jpg + https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/12/21/09/477EC38500000578-0-image-m-17_1513848977406.jpg = :p:

Fortunately, there is someone for everyone.

Spurminator
03-08-2019, 11:38 AM

What, you don't have a friend who was raped by three landscapers?

clambake
03-08-2019, 11:39 AM

lol busted again

Blake
03-08-2019, 11:47 AM

:lol #buildthewall

SpursforSix
03-08-2019, 11:57 AM
Also, with the advance in micro cameras, he could have been wanting to install one in your toilet to watch you poop.

Spurminator
03-08-2019, 12:21 PM
:lol #buildthewall

Build a wall to keep strangers out of the country, but if you don't let them into your house you're obviously a cunt.

Millennial_Messiah
03-08-2019, 02:15 PM

As if he couldn't pee behind a bush if he really needed to? Don't come off as a liberal idiot.

SpursforSix
03-08-2019, 02:16 PM
As if he couldn't pee behind a bush if he really needed to? Don't come off as a liberal idiot.

We've established he had to throw stool.

Millennial_Messiah
03-08-2019, 02:41 PM
We've established he had to throw stool.

2 girls 1 cup?

Trill Clinton
03-08-2019, 04:32 PM
What if he was doing work inside the house? Is the bathroom still off limits?

SpursforSix
03-08-2019, 04:48 PM

Is the worker black or white?

Edit...Mexican or white.

Will Hunting
03-08-2019, 04:57 PM
I still say no.

It largely depends on the person's appearance. Every time I've seen a repairman ask to use the bathroom, he looks like the type who clogs toilets on the reg due to poor diet that leads to large, rock hard shits. If it were a normal looking person who didn't look like he's 3 hours removed from consuming $20 worth of taco bell food, then it wouldn't bother me as much.

Will Hunting
03-08-2019, 05:00 PM

Those are precisely the type of creatures I wouldn't want using my bathroom :lol

mrsmaalox
03-09-2019, 11:53 AM

Good question! Hmmm. First of all, if I had someone working inside my home I would not be there alone. And if for some reason I was alone, I would probably find it too awkward to refuse them access to the bathroom if we are both standing face to face outside of my bathroom :lol But I think I’d still not be completely ok with it just because it doesnt seem professional. I asked my cousin who owns a home healthcare company and her employees are forbidden from using any customer facility except for washing hands (in plain sight with door open) and cannot accept as much as a glass of water. But I forgot to ask her about home health aides who spend all day with customers attending to ADLs, the rules would have to be different for them.

SpursforSix
03-09-2019, 12:17 PM
Good question! Hmmm. First of all, if I had someone working inside my home I would not be there alone. And if for some reason I was alone, I would probably find it too awkward to refuse them access to the bathroom if we are both standing face to face outside of my bathroom :lol But I think I’d still not be completely ok with it just because it doesnt seem professional. I asked my cousin who owns a home healthcare company and her employees are forbidden from using any customer facility except for washing hands (in plain sight with door open) and cannot accept as much as a glass of water. But I forgot to ask her about home health aides who spend all day with customers attending to ADLs, the rules would have to be different for them.

If they can use the sink (as long as door is open), do you think it would be acceptable to pee in the sink?

tlongII
03-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Sounds racist to me.