PDA

View Full Version : What if Scenario: Hot Take #2 - LeBron Chooses Winning instead of Lakers

Phenomanul
03-08-2019, 02:32 PM
and decides to come to the Spurs at the onset of last season's free agency period... Kawhi decides to stay... Spurs are better than the Warriors.

Manu signs as a free agent for vet minimum. :eyebrows

illusioNtEk
03-08-2019, 02:44 PM
KL, LeBron, Melo, Danny Green all join the Spurs next year via CIA POPs master plan.

slick'81
03-08-2019, 02:49 PM
So now were being silly silly

MultiTroll
03-08-2019, 02:56 PM
and decides to come to the Spurs at the onset of last season's free agency period... Kawhi decides to stay... Spurs are better than the Warriors.

Manu signs as a free agent for vet minimum. :eyebrows
Yep. James could have signed for one year and had options galore again for next season.
Even at 85% of his MVP level peak, the Nephew is top 20 easily.

*You'd have to take WarriorRef out of the equation too.

Trueblood
03-08-2019, 03:11 PM
With how the Lakers "fans" are treating him there's always a chance he ops out of season two and joins his coaching political counterpart.

White
Murray
DDR
LeBron
Aldridge

R. DeMurre
03-08-2019, 03:26 PM
San Antonio didn't have the Cap Space... but Philadelphia did.

John B
03-08-2019, 03:42 PM
It's all a mistake. Lebron meant to sign with the Spurs. Maybe someday buy the franchise.

SpurSpike
03-08-2019, 04:03 PM
If LeBron came to the spurs what makes you think nephew stays? He had his damn mind made the fuck up, he wants Cali and nothing, NOTHING will convince him otherwise.

Also LeBron is the most cancerous player in sports, i would have puked him my mouth if i heard he was going to be a Spur.

So we get an aging LeBron that doesn't care about defense and no Kawhi still. LeBron does not move the needle alone in the west, the Lakers record last year vs this year proved that. Plus we would of had to drop many players just to sign him and i don't think he moves the needle enough to overcome the contributions from players like Rudy you would have had to cut.

SpurSpike
03-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Lebron was colluding with Kawhi. He prioritized winning. It just didn't fall through.

You actually believe that? Kawhi's only priority is to go home to Cali and its painfully obvious. If he really prioritizes winning he will stay in the east... we will see come summer time.

Play Boban
03-08-2019, 04:15 PM
Why wouldn't he just sign with the Warriors tbh?

exstatic
03-08-2019, 04:22 PM
LeBron didn't choose the Lakers. No one in their right mind would do that. He chose Hollywood. The Lakers were the nearby team with cap room.

exstatic
03-08-2019, 04:26 PM
I said Lebron prioritized winning.

That's CLEARLY not true. He would have stayed in the EC if he wanted to win. He wanted Hollywood and a second career in entertainment.

exstatic
03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
If there's 2 players that can play against GSWs it's Lebron and Kawhi. That's the best shot at winning for Lebron. You think he likes losing? That's a dumb fucking narrative. :lmao

You are mistaking my premise. I didn't say he like losing. I think he doesn't fucking care anymore, and is moving into the next phase of his life: entertainment mogul. He feels he's established all of the legacy that he cares to, and signs with a team THAT HASN'T MADE THE PLAYOFFS IN HALF A DECADE. He then torpedoes the trade of young players offered by Majinka for Kawhi that may have actually led to a playoff berth.

Oh, and LeBron/Kawhi was never going to happen if Kawhi had a say in the matter. Kawhi is looking to turn Impact into Klutch II, and he can't do that in the same locker room as LeBron.

dbestpro
03-08-2019, 04:44 PM
James losing in LA is not going to do a whole lot to support his acting career.

exstatic
03-08-2019, 04:50 PM
Who gives a shit if any team hasn't made the playoffs in 6 years. Kawhi and Lebron beat the fucking GSWs. :lmao

You don't understand motivations very well, do you. He goes to a terrible team, and then, after Majinka ups their offer to SA, torpedoes the trade that potentially could have brought Kawhi there.

THERE WAS NEVER GOING TO BE KAWHI/LEBRON. NEITHER SIDE WANTED IT. WHAT THEY WOULD OR WOULD NOT HAVE DONE IS IRRELEVANT.

exstatic
03-08-2019, 05:03 PM
Maybe you weren't paying attention faggot but everyone knew that if they traded for Kawhi, they would also get Lebron. When the Sixers were going to pull the trigger, Lebron had to nix the plan by signing with Lakers and the Spurs leverage vanished. You are a dumb faggot. :lmao :lmao

Spurs and Sixers were never close. They offered the same shit they offered for a burned up Jimmy Butler and PATFO shut that down. For that matter, Spurs were never close with the Lakers either, but that didn't stop Majinka from offering all of their young players initially, LeBron did. Oh, and in case you're as stupid as you post, they didn't need to get Kawhi to get LeBron, because he doesn't give a fuck about winning. That's crystal clear if you look at what ACTUALLY happened and when it happened.

GusT15
03-08-2019, 05:09 PM
James losing in LA is not going to do a whole lot to support his acting career.

He is gonna start shooting Space Jam 2 this summer.

Probably sooner now that he is out of the playoffs.

phxspurfan
03-08-2019, 05:36 PM
https://pics.me.me/do-not-want-36859063.png

phxspurfan
03-08-2019, 05:37 PM
Lebron was colluding with Kawhi. He prioritized winning. It just didn't fall through.

It might be difficult to collude with LeBroom when you can't talk because you're a bitch-made mute tho

GusT15
03-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Maybe you weren't paying attention faggot but everyone knew that if they traded for Kawhi, they would also get Lebron. When the Sixers were going to pull the trigger, Lebron had to nix the plan by signing with Lakers and the Spurs leverage vanished. You are a dumb faggot. :lmao :lmao

"I do not," said Michael C. Wright when asked if he believes Leonard would have interest in playing with James on the Brian Windhorst & The Hoop Collective Podcast. "That's just what I've been told. It's what I've been told going back to last summer. I don't see that as something that's happening.
"I think he goes to the Clippers."
Wright has consistently been one of the most reliable reporters in the NBA when it comes to news on Leonard.

Coach X
03-08-2019, 06:49 PM
No thanks. Too much media attention and drama.

In the best case scenario: where would be the fun on winning a championship thanks to Lebron? Pass.

JPB
03-08-2019, 06:51 PM
Why wouldn't he just sign with the Warriors tbh?

The way the NBA goes, I wouldn't be surprised... A team with four all stars (and 2 in their prime MVPs) added Cousins last year... so.

YGWHI
03-09-2019, 12:22 AM

I never thought I would say somethig like this but...Dirk is one of my favorite players right now.