PDA

View Full Version : SIGN STEPHEN JACKSON!

Ghost Writer
08-22-2003, 01:04 PM
This crap has dragged on long enough.

One side needs to blink.

After the Spurs won it all, Jackson's comments indicated that he really wanted to be a star. His d@mn agent should stop playing hard ball.

This is p1ss.

We're back to being soft.

:cooldevil

pseudofan
08-22-2003, 01:12 PM
We're soft because we have a back to back MVP on our team, and we refuse to sign a player who specializes in the foot dribble?????

Uh, yeah.....:blah

alamo50
08-22-2003, 01:13 PM
Propose a contract to Stephen including a clause that makes him drop his agent.

:)

SAmikeyp
08-22-2003, 01:15 PM
I think not giving in to Jax agents demands shows that the Spurs are not soft.

kohai
08-22-2003, 01:19 PM
Nah gah happen. His agent's contract demands and refusal to return calls have set the stage for young Stephen's departure from SA. IIRC, the Spurs have 12 players under contract, and are prepeared to go to war with this group. The only way I could see SJax coming back would be for him to actually fire his agent, who is also the agent of his best bud Stephon Marbury. His agent is not known for negotiating. He puts himself and his client in what he perceives as a position of strength, then drops his demands on the team. If they are not met, his client plays for a new team. Ask Utah if you don't believe me.

Ghost Writer
08-22-2003, 01:31 PM
pseudofan, don't you have some dishes to wash or some guy's lap to put your head on?
:Q

Jackson is screwing himself by letting his agent call all the shots.

He's hardly a proven commodity based on one season of success as a starter. Jack should've humbly accepted the Spurs offer. San Antonio gave him an opportunity to show what he could do.

F7
08-22-2003, 01:33 PM
I feel bad for Jack, he will probably end up going to a team for the near minimum if his agent keeps playing hardball.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2003, 01:37 PM
Jack didn't make this team "hard" though he did make some clutch shots. Ultimately though, he's not too difficult to replace. I wonder if the Spurs would even take Fegan's calls at this point. Dan won't even get another team to match the Spurs' original offer let alone come close to his ridiculous demands.

pseudofan
08-22-2003, 01:40 PM
:moon

Ghost Writer
08-22-2003, 01:44 PM
Chimp, Jack came through in the clutch whereas old Spurs teams would get scared and falter.

He certainly helped to make the Spurs harder and more aggressive.

With him in the starting lineup instead of Smitty, our team had a different swagger.

Jimcs50
08-22-2003, 01:51 PM
How many of Jax's TOs were because the players that were supposed to get the pass were not paying attention? A lot, Jax would pass rather than shoot, and that could have improved with a training camp together with the starters. We need Jax, sign his ass!

ChumpDumper
08-22-2003, 01:57 PM
Sorry Ghost, he's replaceable. Sorry we didn't get the guys you wanted. I suggest you apply for the Buford's job if all you're going to do is whine about his choices. Put on your application that you think every idea you've ever had = championship.

MI21
08-22-2003, 01:59 PM
We're soft because we have a back to back MVP on our team, and we refuse to sign a player who specializes in the foot dribble?????

And despite him "specializing" in dribbling it off his foot, he averaged just over 1 more Turnover Per Game in the playoffs than God himself, Emanuel Ginobili.

pseudofan
08-22-2003, 02:05 PM
Does the regular season not apply?

Do the Spurs only play in the playoffs?

:moon

MI21
08-22-2003, 02:13 PM
The playoffs are a better way to judge how players play against the good teams. That's what matters.

But since Jackson is always specializing in dribbling off his foot, he would also have a MUCH higher TO/Pergame count than Ginobili, who everyone believes is a great dribbler (he is ).

Let' see then.

Jack TPG 02/03 Reg Season - 2.2 in 28mpg

Gino TPG 02/03 Reg Season - 1.5 in 20mpg

For a guy that specializes in doing something, he doesn't specialize in it that well does he?

:spin

pseudofan
08-22-2003, 02:25 PM
So then technically, had he played the full 40 something minutes of the game....he could have theoretically turned it over almost five times per game??????

Too much for me! :spin

T Park Num 9
08-22-2003, 02:32 PM
lol Back to the Manu bashing???

Hilarious. Manu is ten million times the talent Stephen Jackson is.

Stephen Jackson has let dollar signs get in the way of brains.

Of course what little brains were up there in the first place

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Chimp, Jack came through in the clutch whereas old Spurs teams would get scared and falter.

He certainly helped to make the Spurs harder and more aggressive.

With him in the starting lineup instead of Smitty, our team had a different swagger.

Yeah, our swagger had nothing to do with #21 throwing down double doubles, triple doubles, and damn near quad doubles.

MI21, the difference (which you seem to want to ignore to further your argument) is that a lot of Manu's turnovers were because guys weren't ready for his passes, whereas a lot of SJax's were because he dribbled off of various appendages.

AHF

TwoHandJam
08-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Jack by all acounts should have been much better than Manu last year. It was his 3rd year in the NBA and his 2nd year with the Spurs. Manu was a rookie from Argentina who was injured for half the season.

ducks
08-22-2003, 03:04 PM
should the spurs sign a guy who wanted a starter clause in his contract:Q even though pop and company do not want him to start:Q

jackson does not make the spurs tougher. just because you were a headband does not make you tough:wacko

ferry makes the spurs less tough then stephen. ferry could get into peoples head

spurster
08-22-2003, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately for SJax, the Spurs have replaced him with 2 capable swingmen (Hedo and Mercer) and maybe a third (Devin Brown). There are already too few minutes to go around.

For better or worse, the Spurs have passed on SJax, and most of it is SJax's fault. Get over it.

scott
08-22-2003, 03:18 PM
The playoffs are a better way to judge how players play against the good teams. That's what matters.

But since Jackson is always specializing in dribbling off his foot, he would also have a MUCH higher TO/Pergame count than Ginobili, who everyone believes is a great dribbler (he is ).

Let' see then.

Jack TPG 02/03 Reg Season - 2.2 in 28mpg

Gino TPG 02/03 Reg Season - 1.5 in 20mpg

For a guy that specializes in doing something, he doesn't specialize in it that well does he?

Maybe it's just my American math, but I'd say a 46.7% increase in turnovers per game over the next guy is significant.

Maybe this gets lost in the conversion to the metric system though.

scott
08-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Oh, and Stephen Jackson averaged 2.83 TO per game in the Playoffs compared to Manu's 1.5 Maybe almost twice as many TOs than the next guy isn't significant either.

T Park Num 9
08-22-2003, 03:26 PM
stop using facts that prove manu is the btter player scott.

Manu is neither black, nor a balla, thats why he is not better.

Manu just has to bust out the ya knows more and some thanks to god, and some bling bling and some trash talk, and hell be like Jack in no time.

Patrick Davis
08-22-2003, 03:27 PM
finally t park learns about basketball, I thought you were a lost cause. Welcome to the dark side. I mean that literally by the way.

Solid D
08-22-2003, 03:34 PM
G-Dub, I will miss Jack too but there comes a time where you just have to put your number "3" Spurs jerseys up for sale on E-bay (maybe mouse will buy them)...and move on.

The anti-Spur has become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Solid D
08-22-2003, 03:39 PM
http://ausxip.com/ttp/logo.jpg

From Way Downtown
08-22-2003, 03:50 PM
Man, to me the decision now comes down to chemistry. It's the same as the Antonio Daniels situation was last year.

1. Would Stephen Jackson going to start for the Spurs next season?

2. If the answer to that is no Okay, so is Stephen Jackson going to be happy being a role player off the bench losing even more of his minutes to Turkoglu and Mercer?

3. If he's not going to be happy, is he going to create problems?

It's not just a matter of accumulating the best players and fielding a team; it's all about chemistry and diversity. I'm speculating, but I suspect that management's calculus goes something like this:

What Jack Brings [minus] Problems an Unhappy Jack might cause <> 3 years @ $4 million per.

KoriEllis
08-22-2003, 03:59 PM
If it was possible to get rid of Mercer and get Jack back, I'd do it in a heartbeat. The best scenario would be to give Jack an inflated one-year contract. That way, if he sucks, the Spurs aren't stuck with him past this season. If he plays well, he will have the opportunity to either stick with the Spurs or be able to explore his options again next summer.

But I don't know if the Spurs have even talked to him lately.

Jimcs50
08-22-2003, 04:05 PM
You guys are as loyal as dog crap. Jax was our best clutchperformer the whole season when we needed a 3 pointer to win or tie the game. He won 2 playoff games for us that we would have lost w/o his heroics. His defense was 2nd only to TD and Bruce, and he had that killer instinct that the Spurs were lacking the past few yrs. His FT shooting was the best under pressure than anyone on the team....why the hate??? So his agent is screwing with him, that is no reason to abandon him, the guy has paid his dues and deserves some good things to happen to him, and we should all be supportive of him now, not just dump on him when he is down. Shame on you!

scott
08-22-2003, 04:07 PM
If it was possible to get rid of Mercer and get Jack back, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Anyone who doesn't agree with this statement should be shot.

Ghost Writer
08-22-2003, 04:11 PM
As much as I am a Jackson fan, I don't know how many other teams he'd start for. Even if he came back to the Spurs, I'm not sure he would start.

His agent shouldn't be making that such a sticking point.

It's a shame.

ChumpDumper
08-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Jack could start in Atlanta. That's all that comes to mind right now--of course Fegan may have screwed that up too.

I bear Jack no ill will. I wish he hadn't been so stupid as to buy into Fegan's vision, but it's done.

timvp
08-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Jack should be begging to go to Utah. That is the only place he'd have close to the same success he had on the Spurs.

Ghost Writer
08-25-2003, 11:10 AM
"Jack should be begging to go to Utah. That is the only place he'd have close to the same success he had on the Spurs." — timvp
WTF?

Jackson's black, dude.

Jimcs50
08-25-2003, 11:31 AM
Ghost, last time I checked, Karl Malone, Darrel Griffith and Adrian Dantly are black too, and they seemed to score some points and have some sucess in Utah too. What's your point?

Ghost Writer
08-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Why would Jackson look to Utah for success?
:Q

scott
08-25-2003, 12:34 PM

Because it pays better than the CBA?

KoriEllis
08-25-2003, 12:41 PM

Stephen Jackson will only flourish in the NBA in a disciplined system. He found that in Pop and SA. He himself said to me on more than one occasion that his success in SA was because of the discipline -- especially because he had to work his ass off on defense in order to be "unleashed" on offense.

Utah is another team that has a disciplined system -- Jerry Sloan is not that unlike Pop.

Jimcs50
08-25-2003, 12:47 PM
Except Pop never goes after the refs and gets suspended. He has too much respect for them, and the game.

Patrick Davis
08-25-2003, 12:50 PM
The main problem with Utah is thatwant a 2 that can help run the point. I have it from a good source in Utah that Sloan wants to run an offense like he did in Chicago of 2 guards taking the ball up the court and distributing to help his core of young points and to make sure no one has too much pressure of trying to follow Stockton. Idealy they would like to get Jason Terry for this but he will most likely stay in Atlanta which leaves them still looking. Jax might be a last ditch effort to gran somebody, but it will be at a much lower price then Jax wants.

travis33
03-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Hi everyone,

I'd like to contribute something worthwhile too, but this letter really needs to be read...
This only works if you truly believe in it, and if you believe in others. This isn¡¦t for those without faith. I, however, hope that there are others that are willing to believe, like me ƒº

I am forwarding this letter that I read to the rest of you. There is a part that tells you about the legalities of this process. A part that tells of true stories, and a part that explains how this madness actually works. The only part you truly have to concern yourself with is the instructions. Follow the instructions carefully and you can see how five dollars, probability, and multiplication will work to make you thousands. I know it sounds too easy, I thought so too, but my advice to you is...read on, what do you have to lose?

THE FORWARDED LETTER

Dear Friends: Greetings: I am a retired attorney. A few years ago a man came to me with a letter. He asked me to verify the fact that this was legal to do. I told him I would review it and get back to him. When I first read the letter my client brought me, I thought it was some "off-the-wall" idea to make money. A week and a half later we met in my office to discuss the issue. I told him the letter he originally brought me was not 100% legal. My client then asked me to alter it to make it perfectly legal. I asked him to make one small change in the letter. I was still curious about the letter, so he explained to me how it works. I thought it seemed like a long shot, so I decided against participating. But before my client left, I asked him to keep me updated on his results. About two months later, he called me to tell me he had received over $800,000 in cash. I didn't believe him, so he asked me to try this idea and find out for myself. I thought about it for a couple of days and decided I really didn't have anything to lose, so I asked him for a copy of the letters. I followed the instructions exactly, mailed 200 copies, and sure enough, the money started coming in! It arrived slowly at first, but coming. I kept a precise record of the earnings, and in the end, it totaled $978,493! I could hardly believe it. I met with my friend for lunch to find out exactly how it worked. My part in this was to give my help to him, making sure that the whole thing was legal, since no one wants to take the risk of doing something illegal.

By now you are surely curious to know what small changes to make. If you sent a letter like this one out, in order to be completely legal, you must actually sell something in order to receive a dollar in return. So when you send a dollar to each of the names on the list, you must include these words in the messagebox, "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST" and include your name and emailaddress. The item you will receive for the dollar you sent to the five people below is the message with the request.

At the time I first tried this idea, I was earning a good living as a
lawyer. But everyone in the legal profession will tell you there is a lot of stress that comes with the job. I told myself if things worked out, I would retire from my practice and play golf. I decided to try the letter again, but this time I sent 500 copies. Three months later, I had totaled
$2,341,178!

Here are a few reasons a person might give for not trying this program:

- Some people think they can never make a lot of money with anything this simple.

- Some are afraid they will be ridiculed for trying

- Some dream of large sums of money, but do nothing to actually achieve it.
- Some are just plain lazy.

- Some are afraid of losing their investment. They think this program is designed to beat them out of a few dollars.

The system works if you will just try it. But you must follow the simple instructions exactly, and in less than three months, you will be looking at $800,000 ! Keep what you are doing to yourself for awhile. Many will tell you it won`t work and will try to talk you out of your dreams. Let them know of your success after it works.

LETTERS FROM PARTICIPANTS IN THIS PROGRAM:
My name is David Rhodes. In 1992 my car was repossessed and bill collectors were hounding me. I was laid off and my unemployment ran out. In October of 1992, I received a letter telling me how to earn a large sum of money anytime I wanted. Of course, I was skeptical. But because I was so desperate and virtually had nothing to lose, I gave it a try. In January 1993, my family and I went on a 10-day cruise. The next month I bought a brand new Mercedes with cash! I am currently building a home in Virginia and I will never have to work again. This money program really works perfectly every time. I have never failed to receive less than $500,000. This is a legitimate, money-making opportunity. It does not require you to sell anything or to come in contact with people. And , best of all, you only leave the house to mail the letters. If you have always believed that someday you would get the lucky break, then simply follow the instructions and make dreams come true.

Larry McMahon, Norfolk, VA Six months ago, I received this letter and
ignored it. Five more came within a period of time and I ignored them also. I was tempted, but I was convinced that they were just a Hoax. After three weeks of deliberating, I decided to give it a try ( not expecting much ). Two weeks went by and nothing happened. The fourth week was unbelievable! I can't say I received $800,000 but I have received over $120,000. For the first time in years, I am debt free. I am doing this again, only this time starting with 500 post. I strongly recommend that you follow the instructions exactly as outlined in this letter.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Go to www.paypal.com and open an account. Forward a payment of 5 dollars through your new PayPal account, 1 dollar to each of the five people¡¦s mail addresses listed in the bottom of this page. Select "Service" as payment type. In the Subject field you should write "Mailing list" and in the Note field write the following phrase, "PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING LIST" and include your name and email address. What you are doing is requesting a legitimate service and you are paying for it!

2. Now take the #1 name off the list that you see at the bottom, move the other names up (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3, etc...) and add YOUR name as number 5 on the list.

3. COPY this letter. You do not have to type it 200 times. Simply place your cursor at the top of the page, hold it and drag it all the way down to the end of the letter. Then click on "edit" and select "copy". Now open up a notepad file on your computer and put the cursor at the top of the page in the notepad, click on 'edit' and then select 'paste' it will copy the letter for you onto your computer.
Remove the name next to the #1 on the list (the list at the bottom of the message) and move the rest of the names up one position (#2 becomes #1, #3 becomes #2, etc.....) Then place your name and your mailaddress (which is your payment address at payPal) in the #5 position. Then save it, make sure it is saved as a .txt file.

4. When you have completed the instructions, type the address of one of
these search engines.

www.google.com
www.yahoo.com
www.altavista.com
www.askjeeves.com
www.Altavista.com
www.Fathead.com
www.TotalSEEk.com
www.Dmoz.com
www.SearchPort.com
www.Jayde.com
www.HotBot.com
www.ICQ IT!.com
www.WorldLight.com
www.Dogpile.com

In the search box, type "message forums" or "discussion forums". A list of over 2 million boards will come up. Go to each board name and right click on the mouse. Select 'copy'. Then go to your "write mail" box, as if you were about to write a letter and select 'paste'. Do that until you have at least 200 locations. The more boards you find, the higher your income potential will be. The search engine will give you a ton of message forums; don't just grab the ones on the first page, dig deep and grab some from the middle and the back also, to help make sure you're visiting places no one has been to already. When you've found your 200+ locations, "copy" all your locations, "paste" them in a word document or notepad, and "Save" the file. Once you have the locations, visit each one, register, and post your letter. It's that simple. How many hours at your current job would it take for you to make 6000 dollars?

Post this article as a new message by highlighting the text of this letter and selecting paste from the edit menu. Fill in the Subject with "This is pretty amazing.......", THAT'S IT! You're done with your first one, Congratulations. Some boards may be difficult to figure out where to post. If any board is too problematic for any reason, simply move on to the next board. Get some of your favorite CDs to listen to while you do this also.
Keep a copy of this letter so you can use it a second time. Post it out
again in six months, but Post it with the addresses you receive with each dollar. It will work better the second time. NOTE: This service is 100% legal - (Refer to title 18 section 1302 of the U.S. Postal & lottery laws).
You can also call the U.S. Post Office (1-800-725-2161) to verify this. Hold on to every letter and mailing list request you receive. They will be proof of your service.

HOW THIS WORKS
When you send out 200 Posts, it is estimated that at least 15 people will respond and send you a $1.00 to be placed on your mailing list ($15.00). Those 15 will Post 200 Posts each and 225 people send you $1.00 to be placed on your mailing list ($225.00). Those 225 people Post 200 Posts each and 3,375 people send you $1.00 to be placed on your mailing list ($3,375.00) Those 3,375 post 200 posts each and 50,625 people send you $1.00 each($50,625). Those 50,625 post 200 posts each and 759,375 people send you $1.00 ($759,375.00) At this point your name drops off the list, but so far you have received $813,615.00. Plus, you will continue to increase your
income when you sell the mailing lists. Even if less then 15 people respond each time, you will still receive an income in the tens of thousands of dollars. The reality is, even if you only made a few hundred dollars out of all this, that's still an excellent return for such a miniscule investment.
Most people spend a lot more on lottery tickets and have nothing to show for it, and forget about how much money is needed to play the market. Also, after posting this message on 100 message boards, it may get boring. Stay focused on what you want and don't quit until you finish.

P.S.
This program remains successful because of the honesty and integrity of the participants and by their carefully adhering to the directions. Look at it this way. If you are of integrity, the program will continue and the money that so many others have received will come your way.

When your money begins to come in, give the first 10% to charity with spirit and share a good fortune!

ADDRESSES TO SEND YOUR PAYMENT OF 1 DOLLAR EACH TO (THROUGH YOUR PAYPAL
ACCOUNT) AND THE MAILING LIST REQUEST:

1) Dick Baldwin, Santa Monica
[email protected]

2) Igor Lobanov, Russia
[email protected]

3) Clark Olsen, Minnesota
[email protected]

4) Alex O'Leary
[email protected]

5) Emmanuel P. Yanez, California
[email protected]