PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: should trade Lebron for picks and young assets.

spursistan
03-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Yall are done here..

- Your mediocre young core has turned into damaged goods: Ingram with Bosh-like clot issues and Ball is injury prone AF (played 92 games in two seasons), which basically means The Pelicans aren't taking your shit sandwich package at a second time of serving..

- Kawhi to the Clippers is almost a lock.

- KD/Kyrie are Knicks-bound.

- Klay is getting maxed by the Dubs

What are you gonna do?

Overpay Cousins' cancerous post-achilles ass to ride Lebron again to the lottery? :lol..

The clear answer is fire Magic/Pelinka and trade Lebron for picks and young players. Put in charge a legit GM to establish a modern and progressive front office and embrace a true rebuild instead of a Retirement tour 2.0..

spursistan
03-09-2019, 10:48 PM

Jeff Van Gundy makes the exact same point..I honestly think this would the best decision for the meduim/long term prospects of Lakers franchise..

Of course that Klutch tool Marc Jackson got his panties in a bunch at the suggestion :lol..

FrostKing
03-09-2019, 11:11 PM
Part of the Lakers legacy is being a retirement home and/or disgruntled player landing ground. It usually fails but once in a while they strike gold. I think Laker fan fears the concept of being a normal franchise that builds thru drafts and player development.

baseline bum
03-09-2019, 11:17 PM
I'm with Van Gundy. It's business. Just like it was business when Davis and Leonard tried to force their ways out.

spursistan
03-10-2019, 12:07 AM
I'm with Van Gundy. It's business. Just like it was business when Davis and Leonard tried to force their ways out.

It is not even trolling: the Lakers would be better off 2-3 years from now by trading Lebron this summer. They are guaranteed to waste another year with since no one is taking that crappy package this off-season with more red flags raising around it (Good luck convincing the Pelicans and other teams Ingram isn't Chris Bosh 2.0 :lol).

Doing a AD/Lebron straight up proably makes the most sense at this point..:lol

DMC
03-10-2019, 12:15 AM
You don't trade Lebron if you want to sell tickets. It's likely Kawhi goes to the Lakers but even if he doesn't someone will. They won't win a championship though, but the Lakers cannot possibly build to beat the Warriors without taking from the Warriors in the process.

midnightpulp
03-10-2019, 12:15 AM
That should be the basketball move, but won't happen. Lebron sells too many jerseys and drives Time Warner ratings (which were in the toilet prior to his arrival).

Raven
03-10-2019, 12:16 AM
Part of the Lakers legacy is being a retirement home and/or disgruntled player landing ground. It usually fails but once in a while they strike gold. I think Laker fan fears the concept of being a normal franchise that builds thru drafts and player development.
because they know if objective basketball knowledge wins, then they are lottery bound forever and ever.

R. DeMurre
03-10-2019, 01:42 AM
I wish more sportswriters talked about the disaster that was Kobe's last two seasons, and how it affected the Lakers. The Organization and Coach Scott let Kobe do whatever he wanted, and they had a season of 21 wins followed by a season of 17 wins. In Kobe's last year, The Lakers were 29th out of 30 teams in Offensive Rating, 30th out of 30 teams in Defensive Rating, and Kobe shot 28.5% from three and 35.8% from the field while leading the team in both FG and 3ptFG attempts per game. What should have been two years of development for D'Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, and Larry Nance just turned into a sideshow where they stood around and watched a past-his-prime former star play in the most undisciplined way imaginable. No free agent was going there because they knew the coach didn't coach, and the washed up former star had no intention of taking a back seat to anyone.

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2019, 01:56 AM
^^Kobe was worth every dollar, he helped sell tickets and merchandise, local ratings and will always have worldwide appeal..

LeBron is the same, which is why they would never trade him..

The Lakers have never been content with being a middling team, they'd rather be bad with a star rather than being a middle of the lack team without one..

Spurtacular
03-10-2019, 05:06 AM
Van Gundy is an idiot. Lebron is undoubtedly bringing the Lakers a shit load of money. Trading him away is not an option.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-10-2019, 11:28 AM
Lebron brings in too much money. He gets you talked about all season by the media (even though Lakers suck) he gets you 25+ national televised games, and you're able to double your ticket prices. Not to mention the jerseys and other merchandise being sold bc of him. Lakers are going to suck until the Bus children sell the team. Might as well make money doing it.

cmspur
03-10-2019, 11:30 AM
I was thinking this few days ago...Van gundy actually dropped a serious truth bomb!!!

Raven
03-10-2019, 12:44 PM
^^Kobe was worth every dollar, he helped sell tickets and merchandise, local ratings and will always have worldwide appeal..

The Lakers have never been content with being a middling team, they'd rather be bad with a star rather than being a middle of the lack team without one..
true, he showed how to lose, not care, and still have fans watch games. Now every laker player is entitled to mail it in and embrace the tank, without having to do anything to earn the right to play in the nba.

R. DeMurre
03-11-2019, 11:23 AM

yeah, but I'm not talking about the Laker Organization-- I'm talking about sportswriters covering the NBA. They give the Lakers & Kobe a pretty big free pass for those seasons, which were disasters, and even now there's often a sense of "Oh Golly gee-- how did the Lakers get so bad?"

Killakobe81
03-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Might be best for both parties if they parted ways

But a PR disaster for both if they quit after one year of struggles.

Clipper Nation
03-11-2019, 01:18 PM
Trading LeBron (unless he asks for a trade) would get the Lakers blackballed by every major free agent for a long time, especially Klutch Sports clients.