PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Vs. Nuggets Playoff Match-Up

Spurtacular
03-10-2019, 10:08 PM
It's the only first round match-up I could see the Spurs winning. And more likely, I see us losing in six or seven. Thoughts?

Mr. Body
03-10-2019, 10:08 PM
They beat the Nuggets in a best of seven.

BD24
03-10-2019, 10:11 PM
I have trouble seeing this team win a series they don't have home court because they are so fucking bad on the road.

Seeing as its extremely unlikely they get homecourt at this point, this team is most likely a first round exit.

skin27
03-10-2019, 10:13 PM
I think they can make the series a 6 or 7 games but I don’t thinks spurs can beat the nuggets. But this is the series the spurs has chance for an upset.

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 10:34 PM
Nuggets in 7. The home team wins every game.

Nuggets are literally the only team the Spurs can look competent against in a 7 game series. Any other team it’s over in 4- 5.

spurs10
03-10-2019, 10:36 PM
Yeah it's my favorite match-up as well. I actually think if we end on a high note, playing like we have done of late, we are a threat in the 1st round. Could see us winning it if we are at 7 or above.

FkLA
03-10-2019, 10:38 PM

Nuggets are literally the only team the Spurs can look competent against in a 7 game series. Any other team it’s over in 4- 5.

?

POR, UTA, LAC would all be winnable.

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 10:40 PM
?

I was just about to edit my post to include Portland cause I think Spurs can push that team to 7 games also. They were competitive with them on the road last time without White and we know the Guests always choke in the playoffs lol. Didn’t mention Jazz and clips cause I was talking about the teams likely having HCA in the 1st round.

Nuggets
Blazers
Thunder
Rockets

Warriors
Is the order of teams i prefer for Spurs to face. I can see them giving Nuggets and Blazers the most trouble.

Spurtacular
03-10-2019, 10:44 PM
?

UTA is the only one that has even a remote chance of happening; and it's winnable in name only if Utah is at full health.

skin27
03-10-2019, 10:47 PM
I was just about to edit my post to include Portland cause I think Spurs can push that team to 7 games also. They were competitive with them on the road last time without White and we know the Guests always choke in the playoffs lol. Didn’t mention Jazz and clips cause I was talking about the teams likely having HCA in the 1st round.

Nuggets
Blazers
Thunder
Rockets

Warriors
Is the order of teams i prefer for Spurs to face. I can see them giving Nuggets and Blazers the most trouble.

blazers is more beatable than the nuggets imo..

Uriel
03-10-2019, 10:47 PM
Nuggets in 7 sounds about right.

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2019, 10:49 PM
Fuck no lol we play like absolute crap in Portland.

FkLA
03-10-2019, 10:50 PM

The Spurs get blown out by shitty teams on the road but they seem to get up for the good ones. They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory at Philly, Toronto, and Milwaukee. Have been competitive at Houston, Denver, Portland, OKC. Won at LAC. I think they can pull off a road win or two in the playoffs, tbh.

timtonymanu
03-10-2019, 10:51 PM

I like the LMA matchup on Jokic, White on Murray. Also Denver doesn’t have playoff experience. Blazers are also dangerous at home and tend to get favorable calls there.

GusT15
03-10-2019, 11:05 PM

The Blazers have Anus Cancer.

Let's not lose once more to a team with that piece of shit on the roster.

Denver over Portland as the favorable match up.

skin27
03-10-2019, 11:07 PM
:lmao@people reacting on my post, ok fine.. nuggets > blazers

8FOR!3
03-11-2019, 12:26 AM
I think ya'll are being dramatic. The only team we don't have a shot against is GSW. I think OKC/Portland are pretty bad matchups for us so if we could avoid those two that'd be nice. I don't mind the Houston matchup as much but we're probably not the better team so I'd pick Houston in 5 or 6. Denver, Utah, LAC I actually think we'd have a pretty solid chance against. I think #2 Denver and us at #7 would work out in our favor and maybe even be a best case scenario unless we could somehow land Utah or LAC.

SpurPadre
03-11-2019, 12:42 AM
We're the worst road team of any playoff team right now. The odds aren't in our favor unless we get HCA in the first round somehow.

alpha_HaZE
03-11-2019, 01:10 AM
As long as we keep improving we can do well in the playoffs, a 6 game series would be ideal for us. Nuggets or Blazers are the easier opponents, in my opinion, over HOU, and OKC mostly because they will not have the refs of their side being smaller market teams just like San Antonio.

But first, we need to defeat Dallas and New York. If we learned anything this season, this team is capable of the very best and the very worst. Once we play consistently well both on Defence and Offence, we can talk about first round opponent in the playoffs.

cheers :)

ZeusWillJudge
03-11-2019, 01:34 AM
The Nuggets aren't an impossible out in the first round.

OKC is 3-7 over their last 10, and has one of the toughest remaining schedules. And the Spurs own the tiebreaker against them. I wouldn't have believed it 10 days ago, but the Spurs could overtake them. I don't see the Blazers collapsing now, but I could actually see the Spurs moving up to 5th now. I think they would struggle on the road against Portland, but I wouldn't call it impossible for them to win a series against the Blazers.

The Rockets are a much better team now that Capella is back in the lineup. But Poeltl might be able to body up on him better than Pau, and Harden has an almost infinite capacity to collapse and pout. Plus the Rockets have a bunch of players that have missed a significant number of games this season. I like their chances to not be healthy.

I can't believe I'm thinking it, but the Spurs could actually make it to the WCF, if the cards fall right.

apalisoc_9
03-11-2019, 01:57 AM
Spurs should do their best to get that 6 seed.

Its the best place to be imo.

No one in the west is good enough to really dominate except for GSW.

Most of these 2-9 teams the spurs cam beat.

Its possible they make the wcfinals.

Its unlikely because they're atrocious as a road team.

But them possibly reaching the wcf is a product of a no dominant sure shot teams except for gsw.

apalisoc_9
03-11-2019, 01:59 AM

OKC is 3-7 over their last 10, and has one of the toughest remaining schedules. And the Spurs own the tiebreaker against them. I wouldn't have believed it 10 days ago, but the Spurs could overtake them. I don't see the Blazers collapsing now, but I could actually see the Spurs moving up to 5th now. I think they would struggle on the road against Portland, but I wouldn't call it impossible for them to win a series against the Blazers.

The Rockets are a much better team now that Capella is back in the lineup. But Poeltl might be able to body up on him better than Pau, and Harden has an almost infinite capacity to collapse and pout. Plus the Rockets have a bunch of players that have missed a significant number of games this season. I like their chances to not be healthy.

I can't believe I'm thinking it, but the Spurs could actually make it to the WCF, if the cards fall right.

Yup. But they should avoid 4-5 spot.

Going through the 2-3 western confrence seeds is the only way to do it. Getting sixth seed, might give you home court in the 2nd round.

phxspurfan
03-11-2019, 02:13 AM
Don't count out Pop's ability to draw up a good matchup based game plan against any playoff team. He had the Dubs on the ropes when we had a one man squad, and that one man was running around on a bum ankle and was a bitch made mute with no leadership qualities. This year guys like DeMar and LMA may show up trying to prove themselves (DeMar for playoff chokes, and if we play Portland it will be against LMA's former team). Also, Derrick White and Rudy Gay are x factors. When the game slows down, our offense will actually be more valuable than in regular season shoot em up ball.

BTW I like our chances against the Rockettes in any series. They (Harden) shrivel up like frigid nuts in playoff situations.

The only team that is unbeatable in the West (and the NBA, as we showed today by beating the Bucks) is the Dubs.

tbdog
03-11-2019, 04:07 AM
I'm a believer that the team with the best player has the advantage. For the exception of specific circumstances. Spurs have the two best players on the court. And as good as Jokic is, LMA is better, matches up better, can guard him better than Jokic can. And how disappointing DD can be on defense, the Nuggets have no particular player that will burn him over and over again. Everything else is in the Nuggets favour. Depth, length, speed, streaky shooting, offensive options, rebounding, consistency, home court advantage.

monty4329
03-11-2019, 06:46 AM

Funny how a couple of home games makes many see through rose tinted glasses....

cd021
03-11-2019, 06:57 AM
I think if the Spurs steal one of the first two, then it's probably Spurs in 6 but Denver is an excellent home team and the Spurs are bad on the road this season.

Aldridge probably has a big series, as well as DeRozan and Gay, I don't think that Denver has guys that can effectively guard them.

Chomag
03-11-2019, 06:59 AM
Im in the camp of the people that think Spurs could pull an upset on the Nuggets , I'm just not seeing Denver as a really good playoff team yet but I could be wrong. Spurs will probably be curb stomped by a team in the next round but I can see the m making it a series against Denver.

BD24
03-11-2019, 09:02 AM
We're the worst road team of any playoff team right now. The odds aren't in our favor unless we get HCA in the first round somehow.
this, finally someone else gets it.

Play Boban
03-11-2019, 09:04 AM
The Blazers have Anus Cancer.

Let's not lose once more to a team with that piece of shit on the roster.

Denver over Portland as the favorable match up.

Are you an Ergodan supporter?

GusT15
03-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Are you an Ergodan supporter?

Yes as a Greek i'm a huge Erdogan supporter :lol

He just has a punchable face,a scumbag's attitude and i prefered him kissing the tanking Knick's midcourt logo 5 days before being waived,more than him celebrating OKC knocking us out in 2016.

bklynspursfan
03-11-2019, 10:12 AM

Eh. We played em well in Denver too. Lot of inexperience on that squad

John B
03-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Aldridge plays big against good big. I think we beat Nuggets in 6 IF healthy. And that’s the big if. Spurs have not really played healthy for a long time, always a Gay illness, White leg, Demar, Poeltl, heck even Bertans with the baby. They need this last few weeks to be healthy and continue to stride, improve and peak. I feel Spurs are more veteran, experienced than any team out in the West, not including Dubs, that Pop can outcoach any team as long as the players hold up.

R. DeMurre
03-11-2019, 10:51 AM

I would never bet on Chris Paul staying healthy through an entire playoff season. That's a terrible bet.

KDKSpurs24
03-11-2019, 11:05 AM
No guarantee it’ll be 2-7. We may be on a collision course with GS even if we get the 7th spot..

RD2191
03-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Nugs in 4. Tbh

cd021
03-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Yeah, Spurs may end up 6th and just as easily face Houston or OKC but I'd rather stay 7th and play Denver.

I do think that the Spurs could give OKC problems. The new Poeltl starting lineup is much better defensively and should make it harder for Westbrook to get to the rim and finish- his bread and butter and making PG have to carry a bigger offensive load in addition to having to defend DeRozan.

Aldridge beasts Adams and they don't really have anyone to matchup against Gay off the bench, I think OKC would still be favored but the Spurs have a chance against them.

KDKSpurs24
03-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Yeah, Spurs may end up 6th and just as easily face Houston or OKC but I'd rather stay 7th and play Denver.

I do think that the Spurs could give OKC problems. The new Poeltl starting lineup is much better defensively and should make it harder for Westbrook to get to the rim and finish- his bread and butter and making PG have to carry a bigger offensive load in addition to having to defend DeRozan.

Aldridge beasts Adams and they don't really have anyone to matchup against Gay off the bench, I think OKC would still be favored but the Spurs have a chance against them.
With the Warriors currently being bored, 7th seed could easily have them matched up with Spurs..

TimDunkem
03-11-2019, 12:12 PM
People still have fantasizes about beating the Warriors? :lol Doesn't matter how "bored" they are now. They'll be engaged when it mattters.

KDKSpurs24
03-11-2019, 12:33 PM
People still have fantasizes about beating the Warriors? :lol Doesn't matter how "bored" they are now. They'll be engaged when it mattters.
That’s not what I’m saying... I’m saying the 7th seed doesn’t necessarily get us Denver. That’s not a good thing to me.

I meant automatically not necessarily *

ZeusWillJudge
03-11-2019, 06:07 PM
With the Warriors currently being bored, 7th seed could easily have them matched up with Spurs..

He was saying that the Warriors could still wind up with the 2 seed and meet #7 in the first round. Everyone got that. Except you.

YGWHI
03-11-2019, 10:10 PM
Aldridge plays big against good big. I think we beat Nuggets in 6 IF healthy. And that’s the big if. Spurs have not really played healthy for a long time, always a Gay illness, White leg, Demar, Poeltl, heck even Bertans with the baby. They need this last few weeks to be healthy and continue to stride, improve and peak. I feel Spurs are more veteran, experienced than any team out in the West, not including Dubs, that Pop can outcoach any team as long as the players hold up.

I really like LMA vs Jokic, it has been a favorable matchup for the Spurs all season.

After Millsap said "A lot of these guys haven’t been in this situation...especially younger guys, you tend to press, they tend to try to do too much
and I think our team has done that. We tried to do too much at times and its gotten us in trouble."..

I guess Pop's smelling blood in the water :flag:

Spurs in 6.

spursistan
03-13-2019, 04:11 AM
Only path to this team winning a series would be stealing Game 1 vs the Nuggets and going up 3-1 by winning G3/G4 at home..

You just saw how vulnerable this team on the road..We needed our 3 best players to score 23+ to squeeze out a W vs. a tanking Mavs team..Every game is a chore away from the AT&T center no matter who we playing.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-13-2019, 04:44 AM
Utah has a weak schedule to finish the season, and the Clips are playing well right now. Spurs could easily be the 8 seed and facing the GSW again. Denver would be a fun series tho, so I hope that works out. :tu