PDA

View Full Version : Henry AAron calls Astros "disturbing"

T Park
10-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Just saw this on PTI, he reportedly was at the WS, and said there are no black players, and that the league needs to adress this.

So now there should be quotas in baseball regarding players???

Interesting.

Marcus Bryant
10-27-2005, 04:40 PM
Having not seen and heard the interview, I will withhold judgement. I would hope it's of the "the sport is not attracting the young African-American athlete variety".

cecil collins
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
I hope he was misunderstood, because the Astros do have minorities. I do not see as to why they would have an anti african american bias.

Horry For 3!
10-27-2005, 05:07 PM
Joe Morgan was talking about that just before game 4 in Houston....I never saw Henry Aaron talking about it.

N.Y. Johnny
10-27-2005, 06:29 PM
I think also disturbing is that there are no golfers in the NHL

jeez who cares.. :blah

King
10-27-2005, 10:47 PM
I wish someone would make the point that there are fewer white players in the NBA.

slayermin
10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Nevermind.

T Park
10-28-2005, 02:14 AM
the sport is not attracting the young African-American athlete variety".

actually he meant it that american black kids are being purposly left out.

Another baseless "racist" call.

Sure gets fucking old.

Shame, Ive loved Henry Arron, now hes just throwing BS against the wall.

Extra Stout
10-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Not that many black kids in the U.S. are into baseball.

A case like Dontrelle Willis once was routine; now it's "unique" and he's a breath of fresh air.

This can't be "racial," anyway, there are a ton of Latin blacks in the major leagues. It's cultural -- the down-home rural black culture that fostered a baseball hotbed back in the Negro League days, and persisted even into the 1980's, has faded away, and now hip-hop culture is dominant.

Kip Fanatic
10-28-2005, 10:14 AM
I am sick an tired of comments like this made by people. Who gives a crap if the Astros don't have African Americans on their team. Does that mean the Astros are racist? Give me a break. People look into things way too much now of days.

Oh, Gee!!
10-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Hank Aaron is a racist towards Mexicans

braeden0613
10-28-2005, 04:35 PM
I wish someone would make the point that there are fewer white players in the NBA.
Rush Limbaugh will probably do it someday

IcemanCometh
10-28-2005, 05:35 PM
figures something like this would be started by tpark, you guys are pretty shortsighted.

Why did Hank Aaron bring this up? Why are there so few black players in the majors, why are there so many Dominicans with proportion to their population? The MLB spends millions of dollars a year running camps with the purpose of developing/exploiting prospects all over the carribean, you don't see anything like this in the inner city or really anywhere in the US. Major league teams have in a sense abandonded the development of "Americas game" in America. Theres varying reasons for this, 2 of them being the ridiculous draft rules and essentially free rein to do whatever they want in the area the team stakes a claim to.

So when Aaron wonders where have all the black players gone, its not that he wants a quota or that he hates mexicans, he wondering why the worst commisioner in the sports is too busy keeping the roof open and can't develop the game properly.

So shut the fuck up tpark.

T Park
10-29-2005, 12:58 AM
figures something like this would be started by tpark

Your twice the racist I am fuck face, so YOU shut the fuck up.

Jim Hill put it perfectly on the LA Sports.

Young African American kids are gravitating to Basketball and Football.

THATS why.

But of course, its more of the white man holding the black man down right Ice??

Fuck off.

herbivore female
10-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Instead Your Some Guy Named El Pimple On A Internet Website...congrats

batman2883
10-29-2005, 07:58 AM
I love black people

3rdCoast
10-29-2005, 06:11 PM
i find it disturbing that people still wanna blame others for their problems

if jamal wants to play baseball then he can play

maybe little jamal doesnt want to play baseball because it is not marketed with heavy hip hop influence and filled with the promotion of gangstas.

maybe, little jamal wants to play the sports that he sees intertwined with hip hop.

Sportcamper
10-30-2005, 05:32 PM
All those Astros base runners left stranded was very disturbing....