PDA

View Full Version : Actresses, actors and CEOs caught in college bribery scam

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 10:57 AM
https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1105477049974689794?s=19

https://twitter.com/JoshWTSP/status/1105490404886134785?s=19

SpursforSix
03-12-2019, 11:00 AM
You beat me to it. Was just about to post that.

Sadly, it's not surprising.

Pavlov
03-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Crew recruits? WTF?:lmao

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 11:04 AM
All of that for college admissions when college is the biggest scam in the world? :lmao when these kids could have just had a multi million dollar career without going to uni?

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 11:12 AM
https://twitter.com/NineDaves/status/1105490796348874753?s=19

apalisoc_9
03-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Trill Clinton

Considering white people excessive cheating, claiming of inventions they never did, white washing history.

Would you consider the average modern white dude..dumber than the average minority. Honestly from experience, it seem to be true.

I mean cultured white euros tend to be smarter but North Americans cacs though

Chucho
03-12-2019, 11:42 AM
1st world problems.

Chucho
03-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Tbh, most people would do this for their kids if they had the money and influence.

Maybe not the men of the highest moral fiber as displayed here on ST, but most people would.

Spurminator
03-12-2019, 11:51 AM

SpursforSix
03-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Tbh, most people would do this for their kids if they had the money and influence.

Maybe not the men of the highest moral fiber as displayed here on ST, but most people would.

This is pretty much true. Even for those without money and influence. Most parents will fudge on forms our outright lie if it means it will benefit their kid.
This just happens to be a case at the upper end.

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Trill Clinton

Considering white people excessive cheating, claiming of inventions they never did, white washing history.

Would you consider the average modern white dude..dumber than the average minority. Honestly from experience, it seem to be true.

I mean cultured white euros tend to be smarter but North Americans cacs though

Idk. I do believe African and Chinese students perform better than American students regardless of their race.

Pavlov
03-12-2019, 12:10 PM

Maybe not the men of the highest moral fiber as displayed here on ST, but most people would.I can't see any world in which I would bribe a school half a mil to get my child into an activity she doesn't even perform.

Chucho
03-12-2019, 12:21 PM
This is pretty much true. Even for those without money and influence. Most parents will fudge on forms our outright lie if it means it will benefit their kid.
This just happens to be a case at the upper end.

The parents doing this isn't really as bad as it looks as it does for the universities that accepted the dirty money.

SpursforSix
03-12-2019, 12:36 PM
The parents doing this isn't really as bad as it looks as it does for the universities that accepted the dirty money.

The paying of someone to change SAT scores looks pretty bad.

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 12:44 PM
https://twitter.com/OsitaNwanevu/status/1105492635345653760?s=19

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 12:45 PM

Universities in the US are corrupt AF, it's common knowledge

I'm against college for a good reason, it's a money pit and the best jobs don't even require the degrees, just good experience and knowing the right people.

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 01:50 PM
https://twitter.com/Ceilidhann/status/1105522389629259776?s=19

FrostKing
03-12-2019, 01:59 PM
Universities in the US are corrupt AF, it's common knowledge

I'm against college for a good reason, it's a money pit and the best jobs don't even require the degrees, just good experience and knowing the right people.
College is still the clearest path to success. If one takes advantage of resources available, you will have an internship lined up. The portion of the College experience people don't consider is the meeting, working with the "right people"

I generally agree and have also adopted your stance on the subject but College is also not pointless as some try to portray. When I consider the CS degree here locally, one can take half those courses at the local JC. On one hand you won't be able to take the upper level which are usually group/project centered (resembling the typical work force) but one can also dedicate all their time on whatever direction they are takint I.e. OOP versus wasting time with foreign language requirements, math, physics, and of course 2 years of general ed.

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 02:03 PM
College is still the clearest path to success. If one takes advantage of resources available, you will have an internship lined up. The portion of the College experience people don't consider is the meeting, working with the "right people"

I generally agree and have also adopted your stance on the subject but College is also not pointless as some try to portray. When I consider the CS degree here locally, one can take half those courses at the local JC. On one hand you won't be able to take the upper level which are usually group/project centered (resembling the typical work force) but one can also dedicate all their time on whatever direction they are takint I.e. OOP versus wasting time with foreign language requirements, math, physics, and of course 2 years of general ed.

Why not take 1 year of trade school classes in ... Web development, OOP, Servlets, Databases, Data science/analytics ... heck COBOL, whatever they want ? It's all infinitely more useful than Undergraduate Studies 100 or English 101. Where universities scam students the most.

FrostKing
03-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Why not take 1 year of trade school classes in ... Web development, OOP, Servlets, Databases, Data science/analytics ... heck COBOL, whatever they want ? It's all infinitely more useful than Undergraduate Studies 100 or English 101. Where universities scam students the most.
I added this to my post:
Finishing a University BA illustrates you are a well rounded student and thus allows you to change directions/fields/industries. Which such an expensive and time consuming experience should. But what if we cut out the fluff and thus trimmed student costs? What if I ONLY want to learn to program. Not even hardware, security, or networking. And especially nothing outside IT. Why can't I do that at a University?

If I could do it all over again I would have just done even an ITTtech. And went straight to job experience. But alot of these options weren't around at the time.

I considered a Java boot camp but the only one here locally is thru UCSD and it costs a couple grand.

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 02:14 PM
I added this to my post:
Finishing a University BA illustrates you are a well rounded student and thus allows you to change directions/fields/industries. Which such an expensive and time consuming experience should. But what if we cut out the fluff and thus trimmed student costs? What if I ONLY want to learn to program. Not even hardware, security, or networking. And especially nothing outside IT. Why can't I do that at a University?

If I could do it all over again I would have just done even an ITTtech. And went straight to job experience. But alot of these options weren't around at the time.

I considered a Java boot camp but the only one here locally is thru UCSD and it costs a couple grand.

I went thru a Java boot camp in July 2016 complely 100% courtesy of my job (big bank)...

FrostKing
03-12-2019, 02:16 PM
I went thru a Java boot camp in July 2016 complely 100% courtesy of my job (big bank)...
In person? What was your experience.

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 02:21 PM
In person? What was your experience.

Yes, in person. The instructor came to the company site campus. It was our daily 9-5 work as junior level employees. It was hosted in a large team room. It was flat out dull and boring unless you're really into OOP, Servlets, and Front End. I wanted to sleep every day by 10:30 in the morning. By 1:45 I was cooked.

Trivera Technologies was the host of the bootcamp, for the record.

redzero
03-12-2019, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/Ceilidhann/status/1105522389629259776?s=19

:lol and schools taught cursive for the longest time, even though people can't write in print properly. :lol

I have horrible penmanship, and even I think this kid's handwriting is retarded.

FrostKing
03-12-2019, 02:24 PM
Yes, in person. The instructor came to the company site campus. It was our daily 9-5 work as junior level employees. It was hosted in a large team room. It was flat out dull and boring unless you're really into OOP, Servlets, and Front End. I wanted to sleep every day by 10:30 in the morning. By 1:45 I was cooked.

Trivera Technologies was the host of the bootcamp, for the record.
Obviously you picked up alot of knowledge but were you able to retain it. Would you recommend for others

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 02:26 PM
Obviously you picked up alot of knowledge but were you able to retain it. Would you recommend for others

I'd recommend it for people who are dead serious on making a career specifically out of J2EE / Spring Framework.

Otherwise, it's pretty useless besides the basic OOP principles which I learned in college. I didn't retain much of the stuff past core java because I didn't really want to.

DJR210
03-12-2019, 02:41 PM
Aunt Beckyyyyyyy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Avant
03-12-2019, 03:19 PM
I came in contact with a lot of officers in the Navy with that college degree as I did in the insurance business when it came to the management aspects of the business. What hits you square in the face is that lack of simple common sense. They just don't get things. They need to complicate things that aren't complicated.

If you read and know what to read you will learn all you really need to know. And now with the internet it really is all there for you, if you can't Google it it doesn't exist....ha~ But....you need credentials, there is only one way to get those and that is college.

Smarts are a funny thing, we all know that guy who wouldn't know F.Scott Fitzgerald from Ella Fitzgerald who can fix anything, cook, play some instrument, constantly picks winners in sports, knows what a woman wants and can grow anything, but sucks at math.

As far as race/smarts go, there are the Asians on a whole other level then all the rest of us.

As far as cheating goes, we all cheat, so what.

Millennial_Messiah
03-12-2019, 04:37 PM
I came in contact with a lot of officers in the Navy with that college degree as I did in the insurance business when it came to the management aspects of the business. What hits you square in the face is that lack of simple common sense. They just don't get things. They need to complicate things that aren't complicated.

If you read and know what to read you will learn all you really need to know. And now with the internet it really is all there for you, if you can't Google it it doesn't exist....ha~ But....you need credentials, there is only one way to get those and that is college.

Smarts are a funny thing, we all know that guy who wouldn't know F.Scott Fitzgerald from Ella Fitzgerald who can fix anything, cook, play some instrument, constantly picks winners in sports, knows what a woman wants and can grow anything, but sucks at math.

As far as race/smarts go, there are the Asians on a whole other level then all the rest of us.

Injuns?

phxspurfan
03-12-2019, 04:41 PM
What ever happened to predictability?

Chucho
03-12-2019, 05:28 PM
Aunt Beckyyyyyyy NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LOL, when I saw the name, I thought it was the lady who plays Kimmy Gibler.

FrostKing
03-12-2019, 07:01 PM

Asians do indeed study harder and more precisely more wisely. I.E. they dominate standardized testing. Is their IQ level higher - no.

Trill Clinton
03-12-2019, 08:19 PM
https://twitter.com/TalbertSwan/status/1105626364504346624

Avant
03-13-2019, 12:41 AM
Asians do indeed study harder and more precisely more wisely. I.E. they dominate standardized testing. Is their IQ level higher - no.

I have no problems going with yes they have a higher IQ. That is what I've seen in my life experiences.

midnightpulp
03-13-2019, 02:12 AM
:lol at anyone who believes the US is a bootstrap meritocracy.

lefty20
03-13-2019, 02:17 AM
Yeah let's focus on this instead of the fact that Louisville basketball made more money than 3 NBA teams. NCAA is still the biggest in US Colleges. Law makers and LEAs need to focus on fixing that shit instead of chasing after rich parents buying some smart kid's college spot for their spoiled d-bag/bitch.

Millennial_Messiah
03-13-2019, 03:21 AM

nope, it's run by the rich illuminati

lebomb
03-13-2019, 06:38 AM
All of that for college admissions when college is the biggest scam in the world? :lmao when these kids could have just had a multi million dollar career without going to uni?

Tell that to the your doctor, engineer, architect or lawyer. LOL..........you must not be very educated at all. Probably dropped out and mop floors at dairy queen.

DMC
03-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Isn't it interesting how a report about a bunch of rich white people bribing their kids into school turned into a discussion about the value of college? How much would you have to pay to bribe your kid into ACC or perhaps Everest?

DMC
03-13-2019, 07:55 AM
By the way I can't believe someone actually had to bribe their kid into UT.

redzero
03-13-2019, 08:19 AM
Isn't it interesting how a report about a bunch of rich white people bribing their kids into school turned into a discussion about the value of college? How much would you have to pay to bribe your kid into ACC or perhaps Everest?

I think the biggest issue, besides breaking the law or whatever, is the lie that kids have to go to college in the first place. These millionaires will drop tens to hundreds of thousands so that their disinterested kid can go to college and get a useless degree. Why waste money on college when they can use their nepotism and try to get their kids roles in the entertainment industry?

Trill Clinton
03-13-2019, 09:05 AM
Privilege

Chucho
03-13-2019, 09:14 AM
Compared to the usual sex crimes that celebrity deviants like RKelly, Bill Cosby and other such shitstains, this is nothing from the over privileged American celebrity.

FrostKing
03-13-2019, 01:43 PM
"Could face prison time"

Believe it when I see it

Millennial_Messiah
03-13-2019, 02:12 PM
Tell that to the your doctor, engineer, architect or lawyer. LOL..........you must not be very educated at all. Probably dropped out and mop floors at dairy queen.

I was top 10 in my HS class in San Antonio and perfect 4.00, STEM graduate from UNT.

Formal education is overrated. I know people who are smart AF who got their postsecondary education from Google and Wikipedia etc, and plenty of people with university degrees who are dumb as a rock.

I'm pretty much talking about anything BUT a doctor (MD, PharmD, Dentist) or a lawyer. Pretty much everything else you can self-learn or at worst, take less than 1 year and $3K worth of classes to master and aviate into the workplace with. Even engineering, especially since the real money there isn't with the big companies that require degrees that pay the least anyway and you're just a number.

Millennial_Messiah
03-13-2019, 02:14 PM
"Could face prison time"

Believe it when I see it
They've got enough money and assets to sell their stuff and move to another country permanently to circumvent that, and live filthy rich there

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 02:16 PM
They've got enough money and assets to sell their stuff and move to another country permanently to circumvent that, and live filthy rich there:lmao they're not going to jump bail over this.

Millennial_Messiah
03-13-2019, 02:17 PM
:lmao they're not going to jump bail over this.

you see them getting acquitted of the criminal stuff? and just taking lawsuits?

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 02:39 PM
you see them getting acquitted of the criminal stuff? and just taking lawsuits?I see their making plea deals and paying fines.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 03:39 PM
FBI didn't have the good sense to leave this one alone.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 03:42 PM
Privilege

Is how Obama graduated Ivy League. It's how David Hogg got in when state schools were turning him down.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 03:42 PM
FBI didn't have the good sense to leave this one alone.Uh, why would it be good sense to leave it alone?

clambake
03-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Uh, why would it be good sense to leave it alone?

must somehow be related to trump university.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 03:45 PM
Yeah let's focus on this instead of the fact that Louisville basketball made more money than 3 NBA teams. NCAA is still the biggest in US Colleges. Law makers and LEAs need to focus on fixing that shit instead of chasing after rich parents buying some smart kid's college spot for their spoiled d-bag/bitch.

It's downright idiotic . One look at the FBI agents, and you could see they are gigantic cunts with no real thought of making the world better.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 03:46 PM
Uh, why would it be good sense to leave it alone?

I wouldn't expect a psychopav to understand.

Blake
03-13-2019, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't expect a psychopav to understand.

Derrrrrp making up shit

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 03:51 PM
I wouldn't expect a psychopav to understand.I expect you're too chickenshit to explain yourself.

Trill Clinton
03-13-2019, 03:51 PM
https://twitter.com/JennyJohnsonHi5/status/1105534602326663168?s=19

Blake
03-13-2019, 03:53 PM
https://twitter.com/JennyJohnsonHi5/status/1105534602326663168?s=19

Lol

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 05:17 PM
I expect you're too chickenshit to explain yourself.

What greater good do you think is being accomplished?

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 05:20 PM
What greater good do you think is being accomplished?Sorry derp. That isn't explaining yourself.

Answer my question.

Why would it be good sense to leave it alone?

Just say you can't and never will so we can get this over with.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Sorry derp. That isn't explaining yourself.

Answer my question.

Why would it be good sense to leave it alone?

Just say you can't and never will so we can get this over with.

So, you cannot say what greater good is being accomplished, but this is very important to you.

:lmao Standard Psychopav Chump

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 05:37 PM
So, you cannot say what greater good is being accomplished, but this is very important to you.

:lmao Standard Psychopav ChumpNo, I'm waiting for you to answer my question to you that you are dodging, then I will answer your question.

Just say you can't and never will be able to explain yourself and get it over with. I will also answer your question if you do that.

Make your choice.

Mikeanaro
03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
https://s3.yimg.com/lo/api/res/1.2/YlOFJK8eOmEB6XUT8nuKjQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW15O3c9NjA4O3E9NzU7c209MTtpbD1wbGFuZQ--/https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/felicity-huffman-courthouse-gty-ml-190313_hpMain_16x9_608.jpg

Make up does wonders, even drunk Nick Nolte looks better than this grandma.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 05:41 PM
No, I'm waiting for you to answer my question to you that you are dodging, then I will answer your question.

Just say you can't and never will be able to explain yourself and get it over with. I will also answer your question if you do that.

Make your choice.

:cry Muh position is in a sealed envelope :cry

:lmao

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 05:43 PM
:cry Muh position is in a sealed envelope :cry

:lmaoWhy can't you just explain yourself derp?

Your refusal makes it easy to say you're a chickenshit and really quite stupid.

Just try.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Why can't you just explain yourself derp?

Your refusal makes it easy to say you're a chickenshit and really quite stupid.

Just try.

No need. You aren't saying what greater good is being served; there is nothing to rebut.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 05:53 PM
No need. You aren't saying what greater good is being served; there is nothing to rebut.:lol you haven't even explained your claim, derp.

And you never will.

Just as always.

Because you're afraid.

Of me.

lol derp.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Derp: The FBI shouldn't do anything about fraud and tax evasion that affects the higher education system of the United States.

Me: Why shouldn't they do anything about fraud and tax evasion that affects the higher education system of the United States?

Derp:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/04d9e085ea92a57a2a1ac212fd6e9589/tenor.gif

resistanze
03-13-2019, 06:09 PM
muh meritocracy

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 06:17 PM
Derp: The FBI shouldn't do anything about fraud and tax evasion that affects the higher education system of the United States.

Me: Why shouldn't they do anything about fraud and tax evasion that affects the higher education system of the United States?

Derp:
https://media1.tenor.com/images/04d9e085ea92a57a2a1ac212fd6e9589/tenor.gif

:lol So desperate for a kill.
:lol "fraud" and "tax evasion" -- buzz words. The headlines were about bribery. And I'm not gonna pretend there's not a lot of pay for play in higher education.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:25 PM
:lol So desperate for a kill.
:lol "fraud" and "tax evasion" -- buzz words. The headlines were about bribery. And I'm not gonna pretend there's not a lot of pay for play in higher education.
Loughlin is being charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services fraud

https://deadline.com/2019/03/lori-loughlin-surrenders-court-hearing-scheduled-college-bribery-scandal-1202574908/

Why shouldn't the FBI pursue this fraud, derp?

Explain.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:31 PM
As part of the scheme, Singer disguised the bribe payments from clients as charitable contributions to the Key Worldwide Foundation, or KWF, a nonprofit that Singer set up as a charity, prosecutors said.

But rather than go to charity, some of that money was instead used to bribe coaches and athletics officials as part of the scheme, prosecutors said.

"Singer's foundation purported to be a charitable organization, but was actually a front Singer used to launder the money that parents paid him," said Lelling, the federal prosecutor in Boston.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/12/us/college-admissions-scheme-how-it-worked/index.html

Why shouldn't the FBI investigate fake charities and the donations to those fake charities that affect taxes, derp?

Explain.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 06:36 PM
Loughlin is being charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services fraud

https://deadline.com/2019/03/lori-loughlin-surrenders-court-hearing-scheduled-college-bribery-scandal-1202574908/

Explain.

Tell us exactly what you think the bad woman did that was so wrong.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 06:38 PM
Why shouldn't the FBI investigate fake charities and the donations to those fake charities that affect taxes, derp?

Explain.

Everyone knows Lamar Odom's charity was a sham. There's countless cases of this in celebrity circles. Cherry picking does nobody any real good. It's just FBI agents virtue signaling in their ranks.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Tell us exactly what you think the bad woman did that was so wrong.She committed fraud and bribery.

That was easy.

Explain.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:40 PM
Everyone knows Lamar Odom's charity was a sham. There's countless cases of this in celebrity circles. Cherry picking does nobody any real good. It's just FBI agents virtue signaling in their ranks.Why shouldn't the FBI investigate fake charities and the donations to those fake charities that affect taxes, derp?

Explain.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 06:48 PM

Explain.

Oh, you're for taking down these phonies? You must be really excited about exposing the Clinton Foundation and pressing charges....

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 06:49 PM
She committed fraud and bribery.

That was easy.

Explain.

She paid extra to get her kid into a good college basically. It happens all the time.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:51 PM
Oh, you're for taking down these phonies? You must be really excited about exposing the Clinton Foundation and pressing charges....Sure, if it's a fake charity and/or breaking laws -- of course. Investigate it.

Explain.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 06:52 PM
She paid extra to get her kid into a good college basically. It happens all the time.Not through fraud and bribery.

Explain.

midnightpulp
03-13-2019, 08:39 PM
:lol why is Spurtacular trying to spin this? Shit like this is disgusting.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 09:56 PM
Sure, if it's a fake charity and/or breaking laws -- of course. Investigate it.

Explain.

:lol "if"
:lol :cry muh red pills :cry

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 09:57 PM
Not through fraud and bribery.

Yes it does. Or did you think a suitcase of unmarked bills was the norm?

:lmao Today's pscyhopav

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 09:58 PM
:lol "if"
:lol :cry muh red pills :cryWhat is your evidence the Clinton Foundation is a fake charity, derp?

Explain.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 09:59 PM

I haven't read any of it. I've only caught headlines. I can tell you that I know how the FBI works. You have guys trying to earn some gold stars. This is not the huge scandal relative to what's going down in this country. These people are patsies, just like Martha Stewart was back in the day. Sure, she was guilty; but she was the patsy for bigger stuff going down all around.

Pavlov
03-13-2019, 10:01 PM
I can tell you that I know how the FBI works.Tell us how the FBI works, Special Agent Derp.

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:11 PM
According to The Key, Singer's career includes positions such as:
-- Senior executive at The Money Store/First Union Bank, running retail bank call centers;
-- Executive vice president of the nation's largest publicly traded call center company, West Corporation;
-- CEO of one of India's largest call center companies before selling it to ICICI Bank

This guy had sleezeball written all over him. Life coach, call center exec.

I have no doubt there are many more people who offer shortcuts for the wealthy, in legal matters, in education, in medical with donors list priority...

The real privilege is wealth, not race.

Even with these sting operations, you have to wonder what they do when they discover someone much more prominent is involved. Do they offer that person privacy as a favor and only include the b listers?

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:18 PM
She paid extra to get her kid into a good college basically. It happens all the time.

It's wrong.

The fact that wealthy white people were doing it makes it a headliner. It's going to become part of the "white privilege" narrative.

I don't hate wealthy people. I just don't care for people who feel their social status should allow them to step on everyone else to create a facade of success. You have to wonder how many wealthy kids graduated from these colleges when they shouldn't have, how many grades were altered, tests were altered. Which of these is your doctor?

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 11:23 PM
It's wrong.

The fact that wealthy white people were doing it makes it a headliner. It's going to become part of the "white privilege" narrative.

I don't hate wealthy people. I just don't care for people who feel their social status should allow them to step on everyone else to create a facade of success. You have to wonder how many wealthy kids graduated from these colleges when they shouldn't have, how many grades were altered, tests were altered. Which of these is your doctor?

Sure, it's wrong. But again, this is selective justice. Everyone knows retard Derrick Rose had someone take his SAT for him (college athletics biggest scam going by far). The FBI are not heroes; they're just guys looking to score points.

I'll admit if I find out that the cheating was blatant enough, then I might pick up my torch. But I'm just calling out the bigger facade in all of this.

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:28 PM
Sure, it's wrong. But again, this is selective justice. Everyone knows retard Derrick Rose had someone take his SAT for him (college athletics biggest scam going by far). The FBI are not heroes; they're just guys looking to score points.

I'll admit if I find out that the cheating was blatant enough, then I might pick up my torch. But I'm just calling out the bigger facade in all of this.

They can't go after the here and there infractions. They look for federal crimes, where money changes hands and enough people are involved to justify it being a sting.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 11:30 PM
They can't go after the here and there infractions. They look for federal crimes, where money changes hands and enough people are involved to justify it being a sting.

There's no money in college athletics? The moral integrity of the institutions is already shattered is the point.

pgardn
03-13-2019, 11:31 PM
Beautiful takedown.

Rah FBI

pgardn
03-13-2019, 11:33 PM
There's no money in college athletics? The moral integrity of the institutions is already shattered is the point.

Deflection central.

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:33 PM
I think the biggest issue, besides breaking the law or whatever, is the lie that kids have to go to college in the first place. These millionaires will drop tens to hundreds of thousands so that their disinterested kid can go to college and get a useless degree. Why waste money on college when they can use their nepotism and try to get their kids roles in the entertainment industry?

That's not why they do it. It's so they can tell their friends that their kids were accepted into a prestigious college. They couldn't care less about the kids, else they'd not set them up for failure by shoving them into a program they aren't remotely prepared to enter.

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:34 PM
Beautiful takedown.

Rah FBI
These people will get off, for the most part, because they can afford representation.

pgardn
03-13-2019, 11:37 PM
These people will get off, for the most part, because they can afford representation.

Maybe so.

But at least the names are out.
Warning shots fired.

Spurtacular
03-13-2019, 11:46 PM
Beautiful takedown.

Rah FBI

Deflection central.

Follow your bliss, son. The FBI are not heroes. They're deputized thugs.

DMC
03-13-2019, 11:54 PM
Maybe so.

But at least the names are out.
Warning shots fired.

There's already things like this showing up on MSM:

"These families exposed a system and I hope (this) injects into the American imagination just how much money and backdoor ways that wealthy, especially white wealthy families, get into college and universities,"

So it's about race now.

That didn't take long.

What's amusing is how CNN grabs this and fronts the narrative that wealthy white people have these advantages (which they do) while their big names are Cooper, son of Gloria Vanderbilt, and Cuomo, son of former NY governor Mario Cuomo.

You just know no middle class journalism student qualified.

pgardn
03-14-2019, 11:07 AM
There's already things like this showing up on MSM:

"These families exposed a system and I hope (this) injects into the American imagination just how much money and backdoor ways that wealthy, especially white wealthy families, get into college and universities,"

So it's about race now.

That didn't take long.

What's amusing is how CNN grabs this and fronts the narrative that wealthy white people have these advantages (which they do) while their big names are Cooper, son of Gloria Vanderbilt, and Cuomo, son of former NY governor Mario Cuomo.

You just know no middle class journalism student qualified.

One of the guys involved in this is a counselor at IMG academy.
This school gets kids from all over the country to come play football and has been accused shady academics.
So the guy falsifying test scores works there. Plenty of black athletes in football at that high school make good scores on the SAT and or ACT.

Hopefully this dribbles down further. They have to make the connection. It will be interesting to see how much press this gets. There are some big-name college football players from that H. school. many of the universities and colleges said they would be punishing the “students” as well.

pgardn
03-14-2019, 11:13 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/why-one-arrest-in-college-admissions-scandal-could-have-widespread-impact-in-sports-002401979.html

Blake
03-14-2019, 02:12 PM

I haven't read any of it.

Of course.

Blake
03-14-2019, 02:13 PM
I can tell you that I know how the FBI works.

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 02:26 PM

The FBI can't uncuck you.

spurraider21
03-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Everyone knows Lamar Odom's charity was a sham. There's countless cases of this in celebrity circles. Cherry picking does nobody any real good. It's just FBI agents virtue signaling in their ranks.
Yup, like the Trump foundation which had to be shut down do to a "shocking pattern of illegality" :lol

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 04:08 PM
Yup, like the Trump foundation which had to be shut down do to a "shocking pattern of illegality" :lol

Clinton Foundation sets the bar for illegality. Is it shut down?

spurraider21
03-14-2019, 04:12 PM
i'm all for them being investigated and letting the chips fall as they may

i know you're going to semen shield the clinton foundation and not name any crimes they've committed

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 05:24 PM
i'm all for them being investigated and letting the chips fall as they may

i know you're going to semen shield the clinton foundation and not name any crimes they've committed:lmao

"the bar for illegality I couldn't describe if you paid me"

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 05:29 PM

"the bar for illegality I couldn't describe if you paid me"

You sperm shield hardcore for her.

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 05:31 PM
You sperm shield hardcore for her.So do you.

Hardercorer.

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 05:32 PM
So do you.

Hardercorer.

Implicitly admitting you sperm shield for hillary :tu

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 05:32 PM
Implicitly admitting you sperm shield for hillary :tuYes, you are.:tu

Quick, name her crimes.

Also name the foundation crimes.

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 05:38 PM
Yes, you are.:tu

Quick, name her crimes.

Also name the foundation crimes.

I don't do the bidding of sperm shields.

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 05:52 PM
I don't do the bidding of sperm shields.You never even did it for yourself.

You couldn't.

You can't.

You never will.

Par.

lol

Derp.

Trill Clinton
03-14-2019, 06:04 PM
well damn

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1106289556175945728

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 06:06 PM
You never even did it for yourself.

You couldn't.

You can't.

You never will.

Par.

lol

Derp.

Yea, I spent hours looking into this, and I never did it for myself.

:lmao Desperate sperm shield.

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 06:07 PM
Yea, I spent hours looking into this, and I never did it for myself.That's like three YouTubes with spooky music.

What crimes did you uncover that you suddenly can't recall or must keep secret?

SpursforSix
03-14-2019, 06:17 PM
well damn

Isn’t that like half their movies?

Pavlov
03-14-2019, 06:23 PM
well damn

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1106289556175945728One of her daughters was on the USC [checks notes] yacht for spring break in the Bahamas, now they're both dropping out.

lol

Blake
03-14-2019, 06:57 PM
well damn

Allegations everywhere you look

pgardn
03-14-2019, 07:17 PM
Awwwhhhh Spurter....

The deep state taking down all the important people.
So sad!

Who gives a fck if what they did was absolutely illegal?

Those of us who earned our way into a good school say,
fck you.

Trill Clinton
03-14-2019, 07:41 PM
Isn’t that like half their movies?

yup going to miss her. i love hallmark.

One of her daughters was on the USC [checks notes] yacht for spring break in the Bahamas, now they're both dropping out.

lol

they photoshopped their kids on the athletes bodies smh

Spurtacular
03-14-2019, 08:18 PM
That's like three YouTubes with spooky music.

What crimes did you uncover that you suddenly can't recall or must keep secret?

Plenty of legit stuff out there implicating her.

Mikeanaro
03-14-2019, 10:06 PM
The paying of someone to change SAT scores looks pretty bad.
Exactly, they are fucking other student´s chances.

Pavlov
03-15-2019, 01:46 AM
Plenty of legit stuff out there implicating her.Like what?

Fabbs
03-15-2019, 09:06 AM
where do you heteros rate the Loughlins?
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBUJPp3.img?h=351&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=678&y=229

johnsmith
03-15-2019, 09:14 AM
I guess I’m not fully understanding what there is to “debate” about this story? It’s very clearly another example of rich white folk getting away with shit only this time they got caught and they will all receive a light slap on the wrist because this country is ridiculous.

johnsmith
03-15-2019, 09:15 AM
https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/BBUJPp3.img?h=351&w=624&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=678&y=229

Mom and tan daughter are incredible.

Blake
03-15-2019, 10:12 AM

Are you implying that you're gay

Trill Clinton
03-15-2019, 10:14 AM
https://twitter.com/JamesVGrimaldi/status/1106275587264602112?s=19

The Yale Dad Who Set Off the College-Admissions Scandal
The original tipster who led federal authorities to the biggest college-admissions scam they’ve ever prosecuted was Morrie Tobin, a Los Angeles resident who was being investigated in a securities fraud case, according to a person familiar with the investigation.

Mr. Tobin was being questioned in an alleged pump-and-dump investment scheme—in which people conspire to inflate the price of a stock so they can sell it at a profit—when he offered a tip to federal authorities in an effort to obtain leniency, according to people familiar with the matter. :wow:

He told investigators that the head women’s soccer coach at Yale University had sought a bribe in return for getting his daughter into the Ivy League school, a person familiar with the investigation said.

That tip led investigators to unravel a wide-ranging scheme in which dozens of wealthy parents paid a college consultant to facilitate cheating on entrance exams and falsifying athletic profiles. It also involved bribing coaches at schools including the University of Southern California, Georgetown University and Stanford University to take their kids on as recruited athletes, a near guaranteed way of being accepted.

Mr. Tobin wasn’t charged in relation to the college admissions scheme. He is awaiting sentencing in the securities fraud case in which he signed a plea agreement in November.

Trill Clinton
03-15-2019, 10:16 AM
https://twitter.com/PhilMickelson/status/1106271208692244481?s=19

https://twitter.com/JoeMontana/status/1106352364703879168?s=19

Lol

Will Hunting
03-15-2019, 10:22 AM
Bribery/fraud aside, a college admissions system that's driven by tests rich families can drop thousands of dollars to prepare for is another example of how this country is anything but a meritocracy.

Trainwreck2100
03-15-2019, 03:17 PM

I rate them a 2

2 stupid to get into usc

spurraider21
03-15-2019, 03:28 PM
indeed

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2019, 03:43 PM
Bribery/fraud aside, a college admissions system that's driven by tests rich families can drop thousands of dollars to prepare for is another example of how this country is anything but a meritocracy.
I agree, also class rank >>> test scores, because it measures not only aptitude but also academic/work durability, e.g. what one can do over the course of 4 long years, not a one-day (possibly rigged) standardized test.

Will Hunting
03-15-2019, 03:53 PM
I agree, also class rank >>> test scores, because it measures not only aptitude but also academic/work durability, e.g. what one can do over the course of 4 long years, not a one-day (possibly rigged) standardized test.
Meh, class rank is bullshit when the competition varies massively school by school.

I'd say grades coupled with curriculum difficulty (i.e. did you take AP calculus or just the minimum required amount of math) are the best way to judge.

They could also make standardized tests that aren't so easy to prepare for with tutors/classes. The GMAT for example is a test people pay a fuckload of money to prepare for but I don't think the prep does much, it's pretty good at testing general intelligence vs. who did the most prep.

baseline bum
03-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Meh, class rank is bullshit when the competition varies massively school by school.

I'd say grades coupled with curriculum difficulty (i.e. did you take AP calculus or just the minimum required amount of math) are the best way to judge.

They could also make standardized tests that aren't so easy to prepare for with tutors/classes. The GMAT for example is a test people pay a fuckload of money to prepare for but I don't think the prep does much, it's pretty good at testing general intelligence vs. who did the most prep.

You don't even need to pay a shitload; the SAT is so easy to study for. I bought a $10 study guide with practice tests and did one every Saturday and every Sunday. It brought my SAT up from 20th percentile the first time I took it to 3rd percentile the second time maybe 3-4 months later.

BD24
03-15-2019, 04:11 PM

yep, great point about class rank. I was ranked top 5 in my class, but my class was only 42 people :lol. On top of that I had a bunch of fucking Koriwhats in my class tbh, at least they graduated though I suppose.

Will Hunting
03-15-2019, 04:11 PM
You don't even need to pay a shitload; the SAT is so easy to study for. I bought a $10 study guide with practice tests and did one every Saturday and every Sunday. It brought my SAT up from 20th percentile the first time I took it to 3rd percentile the second time maybe 3-4 months later.
The dumb kids require more prep than that (i.e., the blonde in this scandal who made a video about how she just wants to party on gameday). That type is going to need to drop a few thousand to get into the top 20% :lol

SpursforSix
03-15-2019, 04:12 PM

fore sure.
To make a point, when I walked in to take mine, I paused in front of the class, stared at everyone for a second, then bit off my pencil erasers and spit them at the proctor.

Will Hunting
03-15-2019, 04:16 PM
yep, great point about class rank. I was ranked top 5 in my class, but my class was only 42 people :lol. On top of that I had a bunch of fucking Koriwhats in my class tbh, at least they graduated though I suppose.
I worked with someone from Mississippi who got hired largely because he went to Vanderbilt, and he was legitimately one of the 3 dumbest people I've ever met, almost needed subtitles when he talked because of how poorly he enunciated words. When someone jokingly asked him how he got into Vanderbilt (naturally, he didn't realize why people were so curious), he said because of some kind of some criteria where people who graduate top 3% of their class are viewed really favorably, and it all made sense. He went to some backwater school in Hattiesburg MS where the average senior reads at a 6th grade level :lol

baseline bum
03-15-2019, 04:16 PM
The dumb kids require more prep than that (i.e., the blonde in this scandal who made a video about how she just wants to party on gameday). That type is going to need to drop a few thousand to get into the top 20% :lol

Still it's amazing how easy that test is to crack. I wasn't any smarter 3-4 months later. I just knew the format of the test, how much geometry vs algebra vs arithmetic, how much close reading vs vocabulary, and so on. What a garbage test. :lol

SpursforSix
03-15-2019, 04:17 PM
spit the erasers out I tell ya

SpursforSix
03-15-2019, 04:18 PM
damn...I'm bored as hell

SpursforSix
03-15-2019, 04:18 PM
anyone ever hear "as big as an albatross?"

SpursforSix
03-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Probably going to go home and download Assault Android Cactus.

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2019, 04:36 PM

Standardized tests are in general a stupid and nearsighted way to judge students and intellectuals. People have good days and bad days, alert days and sick days, that is the nature of humanity... can't pin some kid's future on the fate of one single day with so much variance involved.

Example: I had to miss a 2nd attempt at an ACT test on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 because I came down with a bad cold on Friday night. My previous ACT score was 29 and my illness cost me an opportunity to achieve a score of 30+. I had it scheduled from months in advance (only way to avoid being waitlisted) and my grandmother was pretty upset because it wasted her $50.

As far as your second sentence, you're accurate, but I'm not sure if you know but most schools in the USA already weight grades/GPA (which also determine class rank) based on regular classes vs. Pre-AP/Honors vs. AP/Dual Credit. Regular being worth the actual grade value, Pre-AP/Honors being worth your grade +5 and AP/Dual Credit +10. At least that's how it worked at my school. So the students who loaded up on AP/DC classes got rewarded with a significantly higher maximum grade average than those who took regulars.

Competition does vary from school to school, but the argument there is that you can't just reward rich, mostly Asian/White schools in California and Massachusetts, Connecticut etc. for having better schools and GPAs and offering more AP programs and the like as opposed to, say, the majority-black and majority-Hispanic schools. Class rank is an excellent determining factor because it gives everyone a chance to do their possible best given their circumstances, be it rich or poor, Asian/White or Black/Hispanic.

DMC
03-15-2019, 11:50 PM

I'd have to see their elbows.

DMC
03-15-2019, 11:52 PM
Standardized tests are in general a stupid and nearsighted way to judge students and intellectuals. People have good days and bad days, alert days and sick days, that is the nature of humanity... can't pin some kid's future on the fate of one single day with so much variance involved.

Example: I had to miss a 2nd attempt at an ACT test on Saturday, February 9th, 2013 because I came down with a bad cold on Friday night. My previous ACT score was 29 and my illness cost me an opportunity to achieve a score of 30+. I had it scheduled from months in advance (only way to avoid being waitlisted) and my grandmother was pretty upset because it wasted her $50.

As far as your second sentence, you're accurate, but I'm not sure if you know but most schools in the USA already weight grades/GPA (which also determine class rank) based on regular classes vs. Pre-AP/Honors vs. AP/Dual Credit. Regular being worth the actual grade value, Pre-AP/Honors being worth your grade +5 and AP/Dual Credit +10. At least that's how it worked at my school. So the students who loaded up on AP/DC classes got rewarded with a significantly higher maximum grade average than those who took regulars.

Competition does vary from school to school, but the argument there is that you can't just reward rich, mostly Asian/White schools in California and Massachusetts, Connecticut etc. for having better schools and GPAs and offering more AP programs and the like as opposed to, say, the majority-black and majority-Hispanic schools. Class rank is an excellent determining factor because it gives everyone a chance to do their possible best given their circumstances, be it rich or poor, Asian/White or Black/Hispanic.
You're on your way to becoming just a younger version of Avante. Just FYI.

Isitjustme?
03-16-2019, 12:29 AM

Of course :lol

midnightpulp
03-16-2019, 02:37 AM

I think we need to do away this concept in explaining success or lack thereof. I'm not necessarily trying to be cynical, but how do you quantify who is more deserving of something (whether that be acceptance into college, a job position, wealth, etc)? The purest meritocracy that exists is probably professional sports, since performance can be quantified with simplistic hard stats or even merchandise sales/television ratings (Kobe's last huge contract was given to him on the latter factors), but even that realm has its share of undeserving people (i.e. Tim Tebow getting a minor league contract after a single workout). On the other hand, how do you quantify who is going to be the better software engineer for your company? Or the better student for your university? Standardized test scores tell very little about the overall person, in person interviews can be won on charisma, and as mentioned, class rankings are arbitrary. And then at the end of the day, there'll probably be ten candidates of "equal worth," to choose from, so who ultimately gets chosen is rather arbitrary.

I don't take issue with the world working this way, since again, I don't think you can quantify merit. I just wish conservatives would admit that bootstrapping is a bullshit concept and so much of success in life starts with the innate talents you're born with, the environment in which you're raised that hopefully nurtured those talents, and then in the adult world, it can come down to who you know, when you know them, with some good fortune helping you along the way.

And I'm by no means suggesting that we denigrate a person's accomplishments as all "luck," (you can be given a head start, but hard work, for the most part, is still required to get to the finish line) just that we recognize that billionaires didn't work 1000 times smarter and harder than a millionaire and a millionaire doesn't work 10 times smarter and harder than a person making 100K per year. This article puts it succinctly, and differentiates between relative and absolute success:

The absolute view considers your level of success compared to everyone else. What makes someone the best in the world in a particular domain? When viewed at this level, success is nearly always attributable to luck. Even if you make a good initial choice—like Bill Gates choosing to start a computer company—you can’t understand all of the factors that cause world-class outcomes.

As a general rule, the wilder the success, the more extreme and unlikely the circumstances that caused it. It's often a combination of the right genes, the right connections, the right timing, and a thousand other influences that nobody is wise enough to predict.

https://jamesclear.com/luck-vs-hard-work

Ginobilly
03-16-2019, 08:12 PM

This just goes to show that the supposed high iq of white people is bogus. I've seen illegal Mexican native Americans and mestizos run circles around white people and with only a shitty 3rd grade education.

apalisoc_9
03-17-2019, 12:34 PM

This just goes to show that the supposed high iq of white people is bogus. I've seen illegal Mexican native Americans and mestizos run circles around white people and with only a shitty 3rd grade education.

That's largely a product of the average HS/College in North America which i personally believe is inferior to most schools in developing countries.

North America still holds the best colleges and universities in the world tbh, but its not going to last long if the average public school continues to decrease in quality.

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 05:39 PM
midnightpulp (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430)

This pretty much mirrors my reaction from the start (even if I didn't express it very well). You just have gov. big wigs trying to make names for themselves. They have no real interest in fixing the system. It's pretty stupid, especially as many well-meaning parents of means would pay outside entities to aid their child with admission. Going after parents is utterly stupid!

“When federal prosecutors indicted Hollywood celebrities and other wealthy individuals for paying bribes to have their children admitted to selective colleges, we saw the logical culmination of a more subtle practice that has been going on for decades,” said the education scholar Richard Kahlenberg, who studies legacy admissions and is a prominent critic of them, in an email.
In the Tuesday press conference, the U.S. attorney perhaps unintentionally emphasized this irony when he said: “We’re not talking about donating a building … We’re talking about fraud.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2019/03/college-admissions-scandal-fbi-targets-wealthy-parents/584695/

Fabbs
03-19-2019, 10:23 AM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/19/04/11166980-6824803-image-a-34_1552968325777.jpg

Blake
03-19-2019, 02:37 PM
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/03/19/04/11166980-6824803-image-a-34_1552968325777.jpg

She's too old for you

Pavlov
03-19-2019, 02:55 PM
:lmao "OJ" in a USC dorm

FrostKing
03-19-2019, 02:56 PM
https://www.thebudgetbabe.com/uploads/oliviajadegiannullisweaterdress.gif

Gym shoes in public. Western women are so lazy

Pavlov
03-19-2019, 02:58 PM
:lmao muh right to see teens in heels at all times.