PDA

View Full Version : OT: Official 2019 March Madness Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 01:15 AM
:lol At those big east officials desperately trying to get Seton Hall the win in the big east championship game to get another team into the tourney.

Well, for all I know they'll still get in at 20-13 as a "power conference team" over some 26-6 "mid major"

Pelicans78
03-17-2019, 02:05 PM
Not as bad as the PAC 12 having 3 teams in.

FrostKing
03-17-2019, 03:02 PM
BigEast is sneaking like that. Mafia mindset

ACC should get 3 Number One seeds with Tennessee flaming out today. Maybe Michigan State steals Gonzaga's spot

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 08:51 PM
BigEast is sneaking like that. Mafia mindset

ACC should get 3 Number One seeds with Tennessee flaming out today. Maybe Michigan State steals Gonzaga's spot

Gonzaga's one seed was never really in doubt. They were in the running for top seed overall before the St. Mary's upset. Michigan State had six losses, including three in a row at one point.

Don't get me wrong; there are plenty who probably would pick Mich State. But the committee is averse to screwing over the highest profile mid major Gonzaga, who is basically the one honorary Power Conference team at this point (following years of screwing them over on seeding and match-ups). If any team were to have snuck past Gonzaga, it would've been Kentucky; but imo, Gonzaga has looked like the more dominant team consistently throughout the season. As a gambler, I can tell you they were the most reliable team, imo. Kentucky was more lackadaisical in their play at times.

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 08:54 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/here-are-this-years-five-biggest-ncaa-tournament-snubs/ar-BBUTtix?ocid=spartanntp

Of the 36 NCAA tournament bids awarded to at-large teams in 2018, all but three went to programs hailing from the five football power leagues, the Big East and the American Athletic Conference. Same with the year before. And the year before that.

It just wasn't like this, back in the day. And the non PC teams get totally fucked over on seeding to boot. The good thing is that sometimes when it gets to the Sweet Sixteen and the story lines are boring, sometimes people tune out. Maybe, some day this bull shit will be corrected; but apparently the motivation does not exist.

Will Hunting
03-17-2019, 08:57 PM
Well Washington was good enough for an at large bid and Oregon won the tournament, ASU making it (even as a play in team) was retarded.

Avant
03-17-2019, 09:09 PM
The best basketball is this tourney.

Won't even pretend to be a knowledgeable basketball fan, but.....never miss this tourney. Love it.

Pay...0...attention until the tourney. Have been upon Zion however, yep....special.

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 09:14 PM
ESPN was preemptively justifying Gonzaga not getting a number one seed. No surprise there.

Seth Walder ESPN AnalyticsGonzaga ranks 9th in Strength of Record entering today. It's not impossible, but BPI is skeptical that that will be enough for the Bulldogs to land a No. 1 seed.

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 09:15 PM

I found Pac 12 the toughest conference to bet on the last few years with so much mediocrity and inconsistency; this year was worse than ever. Oregon, ASU, Washington I had some level of trust; but it was completely unpredictable with every thing else.

Spurtacular
03-17-2019, 09:25 PM
Well Washington was good enough for an at large bid and Oregon won the tournament, ASU making it (even as a play in team) was retarded.

Teams that finish first in non "power" conferences but fail in the conference tourney more often than not get no consideration unless their win total hits 28 or more. It's pretty sickening, honestly. Teams like UC Irvine and Buffalo are legit 4 seeds. What will they get though? And what unfitting match-up(s) will they get to try and stop them from reaching the Sweet Sixteen. I'd say the same for Houston, but I think they've got enough exposure and should get a 3 seed. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing a 14 that should be a 7.

I haven't looked closely; the ASU selection doesn't bother me right off. Who would you have rather seen?

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 12:52 AM
Spoke too soon. Houston lost to Cinci in the conference championship. That should be enough to drop a 29-3 team to a 5 or 6 seed. Maybe they'll squeak in at a 4 still.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 12:53 AM
Auburn who has been nothing special 'til lately beat Tennessee by 20 in their championship game. I'm sure they'll still a higher seed than Houston.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 03:18 AM
Brackets already done before the Hou champ game I think. They kept their 3 seed. Buffalo at 6 is nonsense. UCI at 13 is a sham. Maybe I over-rated them early; but 5-8 is obviously more fair.

Chris Fall
03-18-2019, 07:52 AM
More than Gonzaga, the UNC #1 seed is stupid. Their resume isn’t that good. They got blasted at home by 20 against Louisville. Trucked at the beginning of the season by Michigan. Lost another home game to Kentucky. And their two big wins against Duke came when Zion got hurt and the other when he didn’t play. The rest of their resume isn’t all that impressive when you consider and weigh those Duke wins accordingly. I would have slotted MSU and Kentucky both as #1 seeds over UNC and Gonzaga. But oh well...

Will Hunting
03-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Teams that finish first in non "power" conferences but fail in the conference tourney more often than not get no consideration unless their win total hits 28 or more. It's pretty sickening, honestly. Teams like UC Irvine and Buffalo are legit 4 seeds. What will they get though? And what unfitting match-up(s) will they get to try and stop them from reaching the Sweet Sixteen. I'd say the same for Houston, but I think they've got enough exposure and should get a 3 seed. But I wouldn't be surprised if they're playing a 14 that should be a 7.

I haven't looked closely; the ASU selection doesn't bother me right off. Who would you have rather seen?
Not sure who I would have rather seen, but the Pac-12 was beyond weak this year. ASU's out of conference schedule was a joke too, their only big out of conference win (against Kansas when Kansas was a #1) turned out to be not very impressive either.

As you've said, teams get too much credit simply for being in a "Power 5" conference, which is what IMO happened with ASU. They finished the season 2nd in a "Power 5" conference and the committee as a result overlooked their extremely mediocre NET ranking (63) when multiple other teams (NC State at 33, Indiana at 54 to name a few) that didn't make it had better NET rankings and a more impressive track record IMO.

I don't really pay attention to the smaller conferences but I'm sure there's a team out there that's superior to ASU and got snubbed on an at large bid.

I'm also in complete agreement that the Big East is a fucking joke that regularly underachieves in March but regularly gets way too many at large bids.

Chris Fall
03-18-2019, 09:54 AM
Not sure how the NET rankings work but those two examples of NC State and Indiana having relatively strong NET rankings is also flawed. NC State complained about being snubbed but they were terrible this season. They have like 1 good win over Auburn, but lost to every other good team they played. What relevance is having a tough schedule if you lose to every good team you play? Indiana beat MSU twice and that appears to be the only reason they were even remotely a bubble team. They had like an 8 game losing streak and many of those losses were not to good teams.

Seems just like the RPI and SOS factors of previous seasons, the NET rankings isn't a precise or accurate gauge to determine at-large bids.

Not that ASU is deserving. I'm just suggesting it still isn't close to a perfect solution.

JoeTait75
03-18-2019, 10:56 AM
Buffalo at 6 is nonsense.

As a MAC basketball fan I have no problem with Buffalo's seeding. Before this year no MAC team in the 64-team era got higher than a 9-seed. And Buffalo did lose decisively to Marquette, a 5-seed. So I think it's fair.

FrostKing
03-18-2019, 01:42 PM
The Duke Blue Devils are the heaviest favorites entering the NCAA tournament since the 2014-15 Kentucky Wildcats, who arrived at the Big Dance undefeated but lost in the Final Four.

CitizenDwayne
03-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Just dropped a thousand on Houston to win it all, at 30/1 odds. Yolo

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 03:14 PM
As a MAC basketball fan I have no problem with Buffalo's seeding. Before this year no MAC team in the 64-team era got higher than a 9-seed. And Buffalo did lose decisively to Marquette, a 5-seed. So I think it's fair.

All the teams in top 5 have those losses. Buffalo is high caliber and deserved better, imo.

FrostKing
03-18-2019, 08:46 PM
Auburn who has been nothing special 'til lately beat Tennessee by 20 in their championship game. I'm sure they'll still a higher seed than Houston.
Watch for Auburn vs UNC. Tigers can light it up from 3 and Heels don't defense the 3 point line well.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 09:13 PM
Watch for Auburn vs UNC. Tigers can light it up from 3 and Heels don't defense the 3 point line well.

Like I said, something changed. When I was lucidly watching them a month ago, they were dreadfully mediocre. And I had my biggest gambling loss of the year with NC at home against Miami; so, even though people are calling them potential champs, I have my doubts.

Seventyniner
03-18-2019, 09:34 PM
Just dropped a thousand on Houston to win it all, at 30/1 odds. Yolo

In before Houston loses the title game on a buzzer beater.

Spurtacular
03-18-2019, 11:34 PM
In before Houston loses the title game on a buzzer beater.

I love Houston and Buffalo as dark horses; but they can lose in any given game.

Spurtacular
03-19-2019, 01:08 AM
That Tech vs. Buffalo match-up in the 2nd round is tragic. Both deserved to be in Sweet Sixteen. But this engineering is standard.

Spurtacular
03-19-2019, 01:12 AM
Upset Alert: Wofford over Kentucky in the second round.

FrostKing
03-20-2019, 12:04 AM
The new Buffalo Wild Wings ad is a home-run

https://youtu.be/AkGZHYM-D90

FrostKing
03-20-2019, 12:12 AM
So should we make a private group on ESPN for bracket challenge?

FrostKing
03-21-2019, 08:28 PM
NCAA Tournament > NBA

Actual plays, post game and high IQ decision making

Mark Celibate
03-21-2019, 11:18 PM
NCAA Tournament > NBA

I'd agree with that, plus it's nice to see actual different styles of play go against each other

Nowadays in the NBA, it's basically everybody trying to mimic Golden State and whoever has the hotter shooting night wins on that particular day IMO

Mr. Body
03-21-2019, 11:30 PM
NCAA Tournament > NBA

More white players, right? That's it?

Mr. Body
03-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Selection Committee consistently overrates certain teams and conferences. Gonzaga is always overrated. Although they are good this year, they never play anybody worth mentioning once conference play begins.

The ACC is always overrated. ESPN bias. UNC? They beat Duke twice without Zion and so ESPN's gotta suck their cock. They dropped Syracuse and Louisville already. I expect the Big Ten to be pretty tough, although they only have one team that's Final Four capable, but anything's possible.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-22-2019, 12:26 PM
I figured that the Sooners would beat my Rebels, but this is worse than I thought.

FrostKing
03-22-2019, 01:36 PM
5.Wisky
12. Oregon

4. Kansas St
13. Irvine

That mini bracket is up for grabs. I went with Oregon over Irvine. Some West Coast representation

TheCultOfPersonality
03-22-2019, 02:32 PM
Is Virginia really gonna get whoop again in the 1st round as a #1 seed?

FrostKing
03-22-2019, 03:09 PM
That would legit derail their program and even hit the mighty ACC

TheCultOfPersonality
03-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Terrible day for the Mississippi teams.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Gonzago is the only #1 seed that's doing what they're suppose to do against these 16 seeded teams.

The first half these #1 seeded ACC teams are getting pimpsmacked by these 16 seeded teams.

Spurtacular
03-22-2019, 10:04 PM
I'll tell you right now that Kentucky will not win the tourney. They have no outside shooting. They even have a white Blake Griffin type who will shoot a handful of perimeter shots with his heels on the line.

Spurtacular
03-22-2019, 10:13 PM
North Carolina is hot garbage too. This team is not polished enough to win. Although they won last year with monkey ball with Gonzaga taking a shit.

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 04:15 PM
LSU / Maryland was the sham match-up PCs like. Neither are Top sixteen level teams.

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 04:16 PM
LSU / Maryland was the sham match-up PCs like. Neither are Top sixteen level teams.

Wofford / Kentucky is another sham match-up. Wofford deserved to make the Sweet Sixteen.

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Michigan Florida boring AF.

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 09:43 PM
:lol Anyone seeing this Blake like cuck announcer character playing on the online commercials? I think I didn't bother to pay any attention for like the first hundred times.

FrostKing
03-23-2019, 10:29 PM
:lol Anyone seeing this Blake like cuck announcer character playing on the online commercials? I think I didn't bother to pay any attention for like the first hundred times.
Haha. Atleast from what I've gathered from the numerous ads he is in a relationship (use to be a player) and his older black anchor had a rough breakup

FrostKing
03-23-2019, 10:31 PM
Thoughts
- Big 10 dominating
- Mostly chalk but close games so makes for great Sweet 16 next week
- Kentucky looks the most fragile of the top seeds

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 10:36 PM
Haha. Atleast from what I've gathered from the numerous ads he is in a relationship (use to be a player) and his older black anchor had a rough breakup

I saw him talking about buying food in a strip club; total cuck wouldn't have the balls to tell a story like that on air though. It's not based in any reality.

Mr. Body
03-23-2019, 11:35 PM
Thoughts
- Big 10 dominating
- Mostly chalk but close games so makes for great Sweet 16 next week
- Kentucky looks the most fragile of the top seeds

Kentucky is often overseeded. UNC and Duke are always overseeded. The ACC with three number ones is a joke.

FrostKing
03-23-2019, 11:54 PM
Kentucky is often overseeded. UNC and Duke are always overseeded. The ACC with three number ones is a joke.
ACC teams play in strong preseason tournaments so their resume has more/better marque big wins

Mr. Body
03-24-2019, 12:05 AM
ACC teams play in strong preseason tournaments so their resume has more/better marque big wins

No, what happens is ESPN rides their cocks all the way through the conference games and lose all sense of perspective. Duke is the greatest team of all time year in and year out. Simply unbeatable. UNC, too. It's hype that sticks them seeds ahead of where they should be.

Big Ten, by contrast, has their own network and ESPN is boxed out, so they never talk about them. I don't see how Michigan didn't get a #1 seed over at least Carolina. But, o-ho! Carolina beat Duke twice without Zion! Who gives a fuck!

FrostKing
03-24-2019, 12:23 AM
No, what happens is ESPN rides their cocks all the way through the conference games and lose all sense of perspective. Duke is the greatest team of all time year in and year out. Simply unbeatable. UNC, too. It's hype that sticks them seeds ahead of where they should be.

Big Ten, by contrast, has their own network and ESPN is boxed out, so they never talk about them. I don't see how Michigan didn't get a #1 seed over at least Carolina. But, o-ho! Carolina beat Duke twice without Zion! Who gives a fuck!
There is much truth to that. ACC was wise to switch their Tournament Championship to Saturday and especially prime time. I remember within the past decade it use to be on at 9AM Pacific Sunday. This has helped their seeding

I am a believer in seedings (as opposed to for example location) helping teams go further and yes win the whole thing. So I connect the dots and admit probably Big 10 teams road has been more difficult.

:: But Big10 lacks the hardware

BIG10: no title since 2001 (MSU won in 2000)

ACC: 8 titles and most importantly by 4 different programs (Duke, UNC, Louisville and Maryland)

Additionally Michigan State (the class of Big10) has been handled by Duke & UNC.

Mr. Body
03-24-2019, 08:05 AM
Yeah, the ACC gets a huge in-house ESPN advantage. I can't remember a year Duke hasn't been seeded two or three slots above where they should be. This year is an exception. They get an easy first game, medium second game, a free push into the second weekend. Of course this helps with recruiting.

Ironically, this is why they get upset so often; they get slotted above where they should be and so some team wipes them out.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 04:46 PM
A phony foul call on UCF center to get him on the bench and to get Duke back into the game. No surprise there.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 06:36 PM
Dawkins was making everything besides that tip-in. Duke lucked out.

And I'd like to see that missed alley-oop again to go up six. Lack of execution at the end by UCF.

TheCultOfPersonality
03-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Central Florida choked big time.

It's amazing that Duke is able to win games despite being a 2 man team and scrubs, no shooting (although they shot suprising well from 3 today) and no depth.

GAustex
03-24-2019, 07:08 PM
I wonder if UT could steal Beard
Shaka lol
Letting Barnes go lol

Mr. Body
03-24-2019, 07:10 PM
Central Florida choked big time.

It's amazing that Duke is able to win games despite being a 2 man team and scrubs, no shooting (although they shot suprising well from 3 today) and no depth.

Getting set up with easy matchups helps. This game shouldn't have been close.

Meanwhile, Coach K is lucky as fuck. That Gordon Hayward shot, this shot. I mean, his overrated teams get upset a ton, but they get lucky a lot, too.

Killakobe81
03-24-2019, 08:28 PM

Meanwhile, Coach K is lucky as fuck. That Gordon Hayward shot, this shot. I mean, his overrated teams get upset a ton, but they get lucky a lot, too.

This

Killakobe81
03-24-2019, 08:29 PM

And I'd like to see that missed alley-oop again to go up six. Lack of execution at the end by UCF.

This big freaking play game is over if they convert
That being said many champions overcame a narrow loss

FrostKing
03-24-2019, 09:05 PM

Thoughts on Allen's game winning jumper rimming out in the Elite 8 last season?

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 09:08 PM
Refs don't call the obvious foul and basically give the ball to Oregon.

Mr. Body
03-24-2019, 09:13 PM
Thoughts on Allen's game winning jumper rimming out in the Elite 8 last season?

Who?

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 09:14 PM

Looked like it would be for a time.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 09:16 PM
No delay of game call on the Oregon player knocking the ball away after the alley oop.

FrostKing
03-24-2019, 09:26 PM
Who?
Duke was a rimmed out shot from reaching the Final Four last season

Mr. Body
03-24-2019, 09:28 PM
Duke was a rimmed out shot from reaching the Final Four last season

Okay?

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 09:35 PM
Houston gonna pay if they let OSU stay in this.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 09:37 PM
That Houston white guy with the long curly hair is easily the worst cb player I've ever seen, btw. He had to've been Loughlin'd into the program.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 10:13 PM
The Irvine player kept his arm down, and the Oregon player ran into his space; and the refs reward a flop, too.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 10:18 PM
The Duck player nobody even touched him and he got 2 FTs. I fucking hate that NCAA has went the way of the NBA in terms of ref engineering games.

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 10:33 PM
Oregon was very beatable; but the refs definitely manufactured calls to stop the bleeding when UCI was on their 14-0 run.

FrostKing
03-24-2019, 11:25 PM
https://i.ibb.co/37jv9CT/Screenshot-2019-03-24-21-22-51-1.png

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 12:48 AM
Oregon was very beatable; but the refs definitely manufactured calls to stop the bleeding when UCI was on their 14-0 run.

Of course they're beatable. They're like a 12 seed.

Spurtacular
03-25-2019, 12:53 AM
Of course they're beatable. They're like a 12 seed.

12 seeds have looked much better, tbh.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 01:00 AM
12 seeds have looked much better, tbh.

Lol. Ok, bro.

basquetbol
03-25-2019, 01:05 AM

If that alleyoop was successful, UCF would have found another way to lose the game.

Agilist
03-25-2019, 08:56 AM
Hard to feel bad for UCF after that retarded alley oop attempt. Typical bigheaded nignog going for the jiggaboo SC top 10 highlight instead of making the simple play. Probably had hopes of getting his jimmy sucked by the cheerleaders after the game but instead cost them their season. roflroflrofl

Spurtacular
03-25-2019, 04:35 PM
If that alleyoop was successful, UCF would have found another way to lose the game.

Doubt it. Duke escaped barely as it is.

FrostKing
03-27-2019, 03:53 PM
https://i.ibb.co/KN437QM/Screenshot-2019-03-27-13-51-42-1.png

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Hope the refs don't insert themselves too much to keep this (relative) garbage FSU in the game. This tourney would lose a lot if Gonzaga didn't make a deep run.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 07:34 PM
https://i.ibb.co/KN437QM/Screenshot-2019-03-27-13-51-42-1.png

Reg season vs. playoffs though. But just reminds us that CB is big money.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 07:38 PM
Sad that a seven foot center doesn't know basic defensive fundamentals at this point in the postseason. Totally unnecessary foul (4th with 15 min left).

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 07:41 PM
Gonzaga playing in all those blowouts hurts them at this time of year. More than other teams, they look to have less equilibrium in close games.

benefactor
03-28-2019, 07:52 PM
Dude from Gonzaga just had his soul removed on that block

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:06 PM
That Tilly is like Gonzaga's Rambis; but he needs to make his FTs ffs.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:10 PM
Gonzaga should be getting Norvelle more threes, tbh, especially when they're looking for the dagger. Especially if the alternative is isolating non scorers deep in the shot clock.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:19 PM
Ref called that out of bounds before it even went out and for FS even though blatantly going off their player. It's sad that this is the routine.

Avant
03-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Gonzaga beating up on an ACC team, how can that school get the players to do what they are doing?

Next up....Michigan.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:21 PM
I liked that FS team better than most the teams that'll make the elite 8. UCF I liked even more.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Gonzaga beating up on an ACC team, how can that school get the players to do what they are doing?

Cos they're west coast Duke at this point in terms of reputation. Where else would you want to go if you were to stay on the West Coast? It should be UCLA; but they're dysfunctional. Their recruitment of Lamello Ball says that to a tee.

phxspurfan
03-28-2019, 08:26 PM
Fairly boring af NCAA tournament this year tbh. Beisbol more interesting with all the home runs and faces in new places

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:32 PM
Forgot Purdue/Tenn was going. Don't know why they have Sweet Sixteen games overlapping, tbh. And especially so much of it.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:34 PM
That should've been a foul on Tennessee. Subtle draping but has to be clean when up by two and going for the game winning block, imo. Now they might get it free on the replay.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:35 PM
Carson Edwards getting the foul Danny Green should've got in the 2013 Finals.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Thought Purdue was in the grave when dude missed that first FT; but Edwards went clutch after that.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:39 PM
At least NCAA doesn't do that NBA sh** and advance the ball on timeouts....

That needed to be a one pass advance. More risk; but very doable.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:44 PM
I have no need for Tennessee short of a match-up with Kentucky; but I doubt that'll be a Final Four match-up.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:46 PM
:lol Purdue picking a FT shooter trending upwards with his percentage.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:50 PM
That's a terrible call on the foul out of Cline, tbh.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 08:53 PM
That Carson Edwards is a reincarnation of Patty Mills, tbh.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 09:10 PM
Next up....Michigan.

How you gonna be writing off Texas Tech already, nigga?

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 09:22 PM
NCAA willfully disregarding the evidence of video review in Purdue / Tennessee.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 09:31 PM
Glad college doesn't have stupid AF rules like clear path.

Avant
03-28-2019, 09:49 PM
What is wrong with Michigan?

Blake
03-28-2019, 09:49 PM
What is wrong with Michigan?

Tech has the #1 defense in the country, dipshit

Avant
03-28-2019, 09:52 PM
Tech has the #1 defense in the country, dipshit

Blake, here you will get no arguments from me. My basketball is this tourney, I cannot talk basketball. Unlike you I don't pretend to know things.

How strong is the Big12 in basketball vs the other conferences?

Blake
03-28-2019, 09:58 PM
I cannot talk basketball.

And yet you spend what's left of your old man days sitting in a dank musty basement churning out spam on a basketball message board.

Spurtacular
03-28-2019, 10:04 PM
And yet you spend what's left of your old man days sitting in a dank musty basement churning out spam on a basketball message board.

Calm down, cuck.

Avant
03-28-2019, 10:08 PM

Dude, what do you have against reality?

I told everybody how I came here, I was invited here by a couple posters, it was...."you're tailor made".

I don't have a basement.

That room is nothing remotely close to....dank, musty....hahahahaha~~~~~

Dude, look at yourself, all you do here is.....you are stupid...to everyone.

You can't talk track and not all that in NFL football.

Avant
03-28-2019, 10:10 PM
Calm down, cuck.

I'm used to smacking the midget around, so no worries.

Blake
03-28-2019, 10:12 PM
derp

Spurtacular
:lol Reggie Miller saying an eight point lead feeling like a seventeen or eighteen point lead.

Blake
I'm used to smacking the midget around, so no worries.

Those weren't midgets you smacked around in Olangapo

Avant
03-28-2019, 10:18 PM
Those weren't midgets you smacked around in Olangapo

For once you are right, yep...full grown women who came up to me.

MultiTroll
03-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Virginias offensive strategy blows.
It's like they are stalling almost every possession.

FrostKing
03-29-2019, 12:36 PM
Virginias offensive strategy blows.
It's like they are stalling almost every possession.
Definitely prefer Purdue in that matchup

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 07:43 PM
North Carolina and Kentucky two examples of teams over relying on athleticism and having garbage skill sets.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:01 PM
:lmao These blocks on the NC dunks.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:03 PM
LSU / Oregon perfect examples of PCs stacking the deck to get their shitty teams into sw. sixteen.

Robz4000
03-29-2019, 08:06 PM
:wow North Carolina going down

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:12 PM
:wow North Carolina going down

Not surprised; I told someone when I was helping them with their bracket that LSU is hot and NC is shaky. Someone in this thread called it, too.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Roy Williams over-rated AF.

Robz4000
03-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Not surprised; I told someone when I was helping them with their bracket that LSU is hot and NC is shaky. Someone in this thread called it, too.

I mean LSU just got smashed by Mich St as the 3 seed, so they went about as far as expected. North Carolina is the 1 seed and even with some bad losses they've looked pretty good all season. Haven't watched Auburn at all this season so maybe they're just this good; SEC in general has had a strong year, surprisingly.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:25 PM
I mean LSU just got smashed by Mich St as the 3 seed, so they went about as far as expected. North Carolina is the 1 seed and even with some bad losses they've looked pretty good all season. Haven't watched Auburn at all this season so maybe they're just this good; SEC in general has had a strong year, surprisingly.

LSU was paper all the way. I bet on CB all season and they never caught my eye. Auburn was actually worse than LSU 'til the last month. But when a team's that hot at this time of year it tends to spill into the tourney. Mich St. was a strong team from start to finish. I don't love them; but they have a sporting chance. NC and Duke as I said are just trying to out talent teams. That can work if there's enough skills; but I think they're short. Kentucky very vulnerable to a team taking them out on threes. Their lack of outside shooting is just sad.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:30 PM
:lmao That three by White
:lmao That's NC's starting PG

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 08:38 PM
So many phony coaches making millions on these slaves.

RD2191
03-29-2019, 08:57 PM
What happened to the mid range game? All these teams chucking 3s.

RD2191
03-29-2019, 09:13 PM
Tf is with all the Zion hype? Dude looks like another Anthony Bennett tbh

Texas_Ranger
03-29-2019, 09:29 PM
this shit is almost as interesting as watching the Rockets.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Houston not bothering to play to their strengths. They should be up 10 on Kentucky right now.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 10:34 PM
Add VT to the list of teams in sw. sixteen by virtue of being in a 'power conference'. Duke too, actually.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 10:43 PM
Zion batting a guy upside the head and getting the foul called on the victim. About what I would've expected.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 11:05 PM
Refs gotta up their game if Kentucky gonna get through. Fouling Greshen out on a phony call was a good start.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Bailing Hagan out on that wild reverse layup another good one.

:lol "easy call for the officials"

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 11:10 PM
I called it in a post earlier about Spurs should have Corey Davis on their radar.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 11:12 PM
I called it in a post earlier about Spurs should have Corey Davis on their radar.

The jinx. Davis been over-penetrating too much. Great shooting touch though.

Spurtacular
03-29-2019, 11:17 PM
Houston better than Kentucky; that's a real shame.

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 07:14 PM
Sorry f'ing refs in the Gonzaga / T Tech game.

FrostKing
03-30-2019, 07:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/media/classic/2001/1112/photo/s_knight_ct.jpg

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 07:22 PM
College with their idiotic two free throws on technicals rule.

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Perkins is an idiot. First he gives the game away on that tech, then he doesn't realize the team needs two threes as he goes to the hoop.

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 07:24 PM
Gonna have to face it; Mark Few is not an elite coach.

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 07:26 PM
"Gonzaga gonna score seventy to seventy-five."

Charles Barkley at the half.

Dude curses everyone. :lol

FrostKing
03-30-2019, 07:43 PM
Duke record this season against the elite 8

Virginia 2-0 (72-70, 81-71)
Kentucky 1-0 (118-84)
Auburn 1-0 (78-72)
Texas Tech 1-0 (69-58)
Gonzaga 0-1 (89-87)

blah28
03-30-2019, 07:57 PM
UCLA needs to go after Chris Beard asap. What he has done in 3 years at Texas Tech is incredible.

Spurtacular
03-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Virginia v Perdue is the game of the tournament like Belgium v Japan was the game of the World Cup.

blah28
03-30-2019, 10:12 PM
Ryan Cline, was beyond awful this game. He was non-existent on offense and when he was matched up with against Kyle Guy he got lit up. I cannot believe it took Purdue's coach almost the entire second half to switch him from Kyle on to a non shooter. He also missed that second free throw which ended up costing them the game.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 08:50 AM

UNC is always overrated. This year they got a #1 seed purely by beating Duke without Zion. Just stupid, but the selection committee is stupid. They keep putting the ACC into top positions, which ensures great runs, but these aren't as great of teams as they want them to be. Virginia should have gone down last night; Duke should have lost twice.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 08:51 AM
Duke record this season against the elite 8

Virginia 2-0 (72-70, 81-71)
Kentucky 1-0 (118-84)
Auburn 1-0 (78-72)
Texas Tech 1-0 (69-58)
Gonzaga 0-1 (89-87)

They won the last two games by like, what, four points?

Mark Celibate
03-31-2019, 09:24 AM
First time watching Rui Hachimura last night and I don't get the lottery pick hype at all. Some say he will go top 5? Just seems too obvious that he's one of those great college players who's just not explosive enough to play at the next level.

He's 6'8, slow, and is not a three-point threat at all. His strength is his back to the basket game which will be useless at the next level.

:lol Texas Tech was switching guards on him in the post, and he couldn't even take enough advantage to make them change their gameplan

FrostKing
03-31-2019, 10:08 AM
If Duke gets by Michigan State today with a hobbled Reddish, the Blue Devils will win the whole thing

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 03:56 PM
If Duke gets by Michigan State today with a hobbled Reddish, the Blue Devils will win the whole thing

I hope so, they paid enough for this squad.

Beartrucci
03-31-2019, 06:09 PM
RJ Barrett :lol

Laker_1995
03-31-2019, 06:10 PM
RJ lol

Beartrucci
03-31-2019, 06:12 PM
Sucks Zion isn't in Final 4. No reason to watch shit college bball now

benefactor
03-31-2019, 06:12 PM
D:lol:lolk

03-31-2019, 06:15 PM
Good. Now I don't have to listen anymore to the announcers having an anal orgasm every time zion blinks

Beartrucci
03-31-2019, 06:16 PM
It was always going to be RJ that got Duke knocked out of tournament. Any sensible bball fan saw that from beginning of season.

Beartrucci
03-31-2019, 06:18 PM
Good. Now I don't have to listen anymore to the announcers having an anal orgasm every time zion blinks

You think he wasn't deserving of praise? He was ridiculously good.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 06:22 PM
You think he wasn't deserving of praise? He was ridiculously good.

Not that good.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 06:23 PM
The ACC gets overrated every single year. ESPN pushes them constantly and they always get overseeded. Virginia should have lost yesterday and now UNC (NOT a one seed!) and Duke are gone. Duke should have lost in each of the previous two rounds.

lefty
03-31-2019, 06:40 PM
Lol at ESPN

MultiTroll
03-31-2019, 07:41 PM
Bet on Mich State.

Thank you overrated Duke phaggots.

SuperCam
03-31-2019, 08:30 PM
DeRJ DeBarett hero ball just pissed off all the cbs executives more than actual duke fans :lol

TheCultOfPersonality
03-31-2019, 08:42 PM
Seeing the Duke roster I'm shocked that they made it this far. Outside of Zion and Barrett that roster is trash. Scrubs on here scrubs over there scrubs everywhere.

Mark Celibate
03-31-2019, 08:49 PM
Seeing the Duke roster I'm shocked that they made it this far. Outside of Zion and Barrett that roster is trash. Scrubs on here scrubs over there scrubs everywhere.

I don't think the roster is trash, it's just the Russell Westbrook/KD effect from the Thunder days of a few years ago. When the ball is constantly in two players' hands, the rest of the team can't get in a rhythm and their overall morale goes down

Beartrucci
03-31-2019, 08:53 PM
I don't think the roster is trash, it's just the Russell Westbrook/KD effect from the Thunder days of a few years ago. When the ball is constantly in two players' hands, the rest of the team can't get in a rhythm and their overall morale goes down

Most of that is because of Barrett. Zion scored off the ball a ton.

I imagine playing with Barrett can be pretty frustrating.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 09:48 PM

Coach K doesn't develop players anymore. I think Grayson Allen killed his love for the game.

Spurtacular
04-01-2019, 12:16 AM
Sucks Zion isn't in Final 4. No reason to watch shit college bball now

I can see both p.o.v. But for me Zion represents everything that is wrong with society and I'm glad he's out. He'll get over it though when he's making about half a billion over the next fifteen years if he should fulfill his potential.

Spurtacular
04-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Bet on Mich State.

Thank you overrated Duke phaggots.

All the models pointed toward MSU winning it all. I couldn't deny their chances. But I think anything could happen in this Final Four. But with it being in Minneapolis, maybe that'll give them a defacto home court advantage.

Killakobe81
04-01-2019, 06:53 AM

They had the #1 HS recruit, RJ the #2 Reddish and the #3 Zion who was better than them both and #20 in Jones...

Seems like Coach K deflection to say they hadtrash everywhere...

Texas_Ranger
04-01-2019, 08:03 AM
I am pretty sure Zion will be one of the best players in the NBA if he will be guarded by midgets and his team will have 30 fast breaks per game.

Spurtacular
04-01-2019, 04:11 PM
I am pretty sure Zion will be one of the best players in the NBA if he will be guarded by midgets and his team will have 30 fast breaks per game.

I'll admit I really didn't know much about him outside of SC highlights before watching tourney games. He is quicker and better at taking the ball to the hole than I had imagined. In other NBA eras he's looking like an all-star barring injuries. I've changed my mind on him upon closer inspection and think he will be a star in the league because of his ability to penetrate and finish. But I'll admit that is an optimistic take and he could have some struggles at the next level.

Texas_Ranger
04-01-2019, 05:33 PM
I'll admit I really didn't know much about him outside of SC highlights before watching tourney games. He is quicker and better at taking the ball to the hole than I had imagined. In other NBA eras he's looking like an all-star barring injuries. I've changed my mind on him upon closer inspection and think he will be a star in the league because of his ability to penetrate and finish. But I'll admit that is an optimistic take and he could have some struggles at the next level.

if he has a rookie year similar to Blake Griffin, I'll be very impressed.

FrostKing
04-01-2019, 06:48 PM
The only difference between the current NBA and CBB is guys are on average taller and dumber

FrostKing
04-01-2019, 06:50 PM
The ACC gets overrated every single year. ESPN pushes them constantly and they always get overseeded. Virginia should have lost yesterday and now UNC (NOT a one seed!) and Duke are gone. Duke should have lost in each of the previous two rounds.
Haha so bitter. Face it no one nationally has wanted to watch the Big10 play since Webber left

Mr. Body
04-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Haha so bitter. Face it no one nationally has wanted to watch the Big10 play since Webber left

Since you suck on ESPN's teat I'd expect you to say so.

FrostKing
04-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Since you suck on ESPN's teat I'd expect you to say so.
I respect it as a roundball purest but it is routinely the least attractive product

Mark Celibate
04-01-2019, 08:36 PM

tbh with the lack of defense in today's game, I don't see how someone like Zion isn't automatically a 20ppg scorer especially on a bad team. The question is whether or not someone like that could be an alpha on a championship team when teams actually start scheming in the playoffs IMO.

I think his jumpshot has improved, but it's really only a set shot. It will probably take him a few years, but once he can start taking those off the dribble he'll enter superstar territory IMO

Spurtacular
04-01-2019, 08:40 PM
tbh with the lack of defense in today's game, I don't see how someone like Zion isn't automatically a 20ppg scorer especially on a bad team. The question is whether or not someone like that could be an alpha on a championship team when teams actually start scheming in the playoffs IMO.

I think his jumpshot has improved, but it's really only a set shot. It will probably take him a few years, but once he can start taking those off the dribble he'll enter superstar territory IMO

Corey Booker averaging 47.2 the last four games is the perfect example of how soulless basketball has become. Yea, I can see Zion averaging 30 if he can be an efficient scorer. I think in the right market, Stern Jr. would back him with the calls.

Mr. Body
04-01-2019, 09:06 PM
I respect it as a roundball purest but it is routinely the least attractive product

If you were a purist, you wouldn't care about what was attractive. Instead you're just a poseur.

Killakobe81
04-02-2019, 09:46 AM
Corey Booker averaging 47.2 the last four games is the perfect example of how soulless basketball has become. Yea, I can see Zion averaging 30 if he can be an efficient scorer. I think in the right market, Stern Jr. would back him with the calls.

I keep wanting to call him Corey too ...
But it was Devin

Blake
04-02-2019, 11:21 AM
Plenty of room on the bandwagon.

"If you like cool teams, root for Texas Tech. I mean just look at this post-game celebration...:"

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/which-final-four-team-should-you-root-for-to-win-the-ncaa-tournament/mswkqkw0cnug1cht5v8q55uqd

spurraider21
04-02-2019, 03:10 PM
or jimmer getting any minutes at all

SpursforSix
04-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Plenty of room on the bandwagon.

"If you like cool teams, root for Texas Tech. I mean just look at this post-game celebration...:"

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/which-final-four-team-should-you-root-for-to-win-the-ncaa-tournament/mswkqkw0cnug1cht5v8q55uqd

I put $100 on Tech to win it all at 4.5 to 1.
Go Red Raiders.

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 03:33 PM
I keep wanting to call him Corey too ...
But it was Devin

:lol Which shows how hot garbage he is.

Spurtacular
04-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Go Red Raiders.

Should've done it before the tourney started; much better odds!

Blake
04-02-2019, 03:44 PM
Go Red Raiders.

Damn I'm not that brave. Auburn seems to be mowing down the blue bloods at a ridiculous pace right now to be against them, imo

SpursforSix
04-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Damn I'm not that brave. Auburn seems to be mowing down the blue bloods at a ridiculous pace right now to be against them, imo

I had some left over money in an account from the NFL season and thought I'd give it a shot.
I also put my remaining $35 on Auburn beating Tech in the championship. Just for shits and giggles.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Good call. Hate to see Auburn lose on this though (if that happens).

Robz4000
04-06-2019, 07:14 PM
:lmao holy shit that ending

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:14 PM
I made two bets. One on Auburn pts / Tech pts and one on Virginia to win the final. Not a lot of money though. Not enough to cover my NBA / NHL / MLB catastrophic bets.

04-06-2019, 07:16 PM
Yeah was hoping for an auburn win as well tbh. Dumb foul :lol but the right call imho

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Yea, I thought that was a double dribble. Sort of weird how the refs "missed" that and yet made the tough call at the end.

Beartrucci
04-06-2019, 07:17 PM
Why are they calling that a controversial call? It was so fucking obvious. Now the missed double dribble...

benefactor
04-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Both those calls are pretty suspect imo. They almost never call a foul on a game winner even if there is contact. We see it over and over again. Hell, this place has had meltdowns from fans of multiple teams because of it. Shitty way to lose tbh.

JoeTait75
04-06-2019, 07:25 PM
Even with that missed double dribble it took two really dumb fouls for Auburn to lose. That first foul was stupid too. All the kid for Virginia was going to do was chuck up a prayer.

It sucks to see a team lose that way, tbh, even if it's their fault.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2019, 07:25 PM
That game was one of the biggest farces I've ever seen. Forget that ticky-tack foul call - it should have been over with the blatant double-dribble that the refs ignored.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Auburn PG shouldn't have missed the back end of his FT's. And why foul the slow guy that far in the back court? Mistakes were made.

That was double dribble; but frankly, refs have not been calling that so much that I bet a lot of the refs don't even know the rule any more.

Beartrucci
04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Auburn PG shouldn't have missed the back end of his FT's. And why foul the slow guy that far in the back court? Mistakes were made.

That was double dribble; but frankly, refs have not been calling that so much that I bet a lot of the refs don't even know the rule any more.

Yea. Anyone catch that live? I had no idea and I'm usually pretty good with bball rules.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Yea. Anyone catch that live? I had no idea and I'm usually pretty good with bball rules.

(Yea, I saw it live; and the ref was trailing right behind live too) I was gonna post on that in my first post back; but it took too long, so I let it go.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Two refs with a clear view of the double dribble.

Beartrucci
04-06-2019, 07:47 PM
The biggest thing to me is how Auburn intentionally fouling gave Virginia way better looks than they would've gotten otherwise. Two really clear set shots for Guy.

Clipper Nation
04-06-2019, 08:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SZbCepz.jpg

Embarrassing.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Back before HD, Izzo would just beat teams with bonafide monkey ball at this time of year.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 09:20 PM
https://i.imgur.com/SZbCepz.jpg

Embarrassing.

For what it's worth, it's never called and the guy could've just continued the dribble by hitting the ball against the floor. In soccer a call like that would be called trifling.

TheCultOfPersonality
04-06-2019, 09:24 PM
If Texas Tech had any sort of offense they would be running away Michigan State.

Michigan State had a stretch where they went 6 and a half minutes without scoring and in that span Texas Tech scored 4 points.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Tech losing their center better not throw this to this shitty Michigan State squad.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 09:25 PM
If Texas Tech had any sort of offense they would be running away Michigan State.

Michigan State had a stretch where they went 6 and a half minutes without scoring and in that span Texas Tech scored 4 points.

TT supposedly could shoot the threes (pre-tournament).

benefactor
04-06-2019, 09:44 PM
Owens is back. Crazy.

Beartrucci
04-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Michigan State starting to live at line

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 10:05 PM
I'll have to check. I thought I bet Auburn / Tech points parlay; but now I'm not sure.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 10:22 PM
Clark Kellogg has the most gravy job; and he totally sucks at it.

Spurtacular
04-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Damn, I had Auburn / Tech point line parlay and ml parlays lined up and I didn't pull the trigger. I instead did each one with over on game points and lost on both. SMH. That was just a bad day for me. I had to do the bets a few days in advance.

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 10:21 PM
It clearly did hit the back of TTech Centers hand.
Should have been Virginias ball ahead 65-64

MultiTroll
04-08-2019, 10:28 PM
:lol Craig Popplevich strategy ahead by 3 or more and failure to guard the trey.

What retarded non defense by TTech.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2019, 10:44 PM
Another game ruined by horseshit reffing in Virginia's favor. NCAA so desperate for that "comeback story."

Capt Bringdown
04-08-2019, 10:46 PM
Another game ruined by horseshit reffing in Virginia's favor. NCAA so desperate for that "comeback story."

Culver was 5-22. He murdered his team with an epic choke.

daslicer
04-08-2019, 10:47 PM

Kyle Guy fouled Culliver when he attempted the 3 before the end of the regulation. Had they called that foul UVA loses the game. Guy also fouled the Tech player on the play where the ball went out bounce in favor of UVA.

RD2191
04-08-2019, 10:48 PM
Pathetic choke by tech:lol

RD2191
04-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Virginia might also be the faggiest team in NCAA basketball:lol

RD2191
04-08-2019, 10:51 PM
:lol Craig Popplevich strategy ahead by 3 or more and failure to guard the trey.

That shit lost them the game. Wide fucking open corner 3.

Capt Bringdown
04-08-2019, 10:51 PM
Culver was 5-22. He murdered his team with an epic choke.

Culver was 8 for 34 in the last 2 games. Choke much?

Clipper Nation
04-08-2019, 10:52 PM
Virginia might also be the faggiest team in NCAA basketball:lol

Virginia is the new Dook, complete with the refball and unlikeable white stiffs.

Capt Bringdown
04-08-2019, 10:59 PM
Culver's teammates shot 54%.

Killakobe81
04-08-2019, 11:01 PM

More than the iffy calls tech lost this game on that play...

benefactor
04-08-2019, 11:01 PM
TT not fouling up by 3...rofl

resistanze
04-08-2019, 11:02 PM
I won my work pool for the third straight year and I don't even watch NCAA. College basketball is so terrible to watch tbh :lol

Killakobe81
04-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Virginia is the new Dook, complete with the refball and unlikeable white stiffs.

Their white guys can play except Salt..
I hate Duke but why does race need to be involved? Duke has had the u likable black players too like Doc's son, Boozer, Shelden Williams etc.

Clipper Nation
04-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Their white guys can play except Salt..
I hate Duke but why does race need to be involved? Duke has had the u likable black players too like Doc's son, Boozer, Shelden Williams etc.

Of course, but it's the Laettners and Redicks that Duke has been known for over the years.

Beartrucci
04-08-2019, 11:07 PM
That tripping call for Guy was huge. Couldn't tell if it was legit as they didn't replay it.

This is such a terrible national champion :lol

Killakobe81
04-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Of course, but it's the Laettners and Redicks that Duke has been known for over the years.

Of course because look who their coach is

Spurtacular
04-08-2019, 11:29 PM
Had other stuff to do. Missed the game and haven't watched anything other than this. I smell some serious horse shit in the air.

FrostKing
04-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Another ACC Champion

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 12:22 AM
Had other stuff to do. Missed the game and haven't watched anything other than this. I smell some serious horse shit in the air.

It was the right call.

Spurtacular
04-09-2019, 01:06 AM
It was the right call.

What was the original call?

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 01:26 AM
What was the original call?

Original call was possession to Texas Tech, but it was reversed after they looked at instant replay. I don't get all these critics saying, "Yeah, but it was barely off of Texas Tech...." The point is to get the call right, and if it was barely off of Texas Tech, then it's Virginia's ball.

Spurtacular
04-09-2019, 01:34 AM
Original call was possession to Texas Tech, but it was reversed after they looked at instant replay. I don't get all these critics saying, "Yeah, but it was barely off of Texas Tech...." The point is to get the call right, and if it was barely off of Texas Tech, then it's Virginia's ball.

I don't see that replay being conclusive at all. Call should've went to T Tech. And the reason people don't like the call is that before high definition replay it was a straight forward the dude pretty much knocked it out. There was no over-worrying about whether the ball went off a finger tip. That's the basic spirit of the game.

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 02:00 AM
I don't see that replay being conclusive at all. Call should've went to T Tech. And the reason people don't like the call is that before high definition replay it was a straight forward the dude pretty much knocked it out. There was no over-worrying about whether the ball went off a finger tip. That's the basic spirit of the game.

Not sure how it's "over-worrying." It's using high def to make the right call. If the ball is usually off the defender who pokes it, that's not a good reason to let the call go that way. I didn't have a favorite team in this game, so I feel like I can be pretty objective about it, but most of the complaints are coming from Texas Tech fans who would probably applaud the call if it went their way in the same scenario.

lefty
04-09-2019, 06:44 AM
Didn’t watch the game but I expected the refs to help Virginia complete their cinderella story

So predictable

Killakobe81
04-09-2019, 07:22 AM

plus, he was fouled before that too

benefactor
04-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Didn’t watch the game but I expected the refs to help Virginia complete their cinderella story

So predictable
That happened for sure, but TT fucked themselves when they chose not to foul with time running out and they were up by 3. When Virginia sank that 3 to tie the game and send it to OT I knew it was over.

MultiTroll
04-09-2019, 08:29 AM
It was the right call.
Additionally, all TT guard had to do was gather the ball before his fateful last dribble attempt. He was going no where, Virginia had him doubled. He started to gather the ball, basically palmed it and was about to gather it. Changed his mind and that gave Virginia guy the opportunity to swat it away.

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 10:43 AM
This just shows how hard it is to ref a game. If a play isn't reversed, people complain the refs missed the call and they suck. If refs look at replay and reverse the call, people say it's not in the spirit of the game. It's impossible to make fans who are invested in one team or the other happy-- they want every call to go their way, and will complain or start conspiracy theories when they don't. This is one of the reasons I often watch Spur games on the network of the opposing team-- Sean Eliot is such a blatant homer (I like him otherwise) that it ruins the game for me. When he says something like "it was off of Aldridge, but just barely" --as if the ref still should've given the benefit of the doubt to the team Eliot is rooting for-- it's just annoying. There are others, like Tommy Heinsohn, who are worse, but it's so much better to hear announcers who actually have some objectivity and can call things honestly.

Spurtacular
04-09-2019, 04:34 PM
Not sure how it's "over-worrying." It's using high def to make the right call. If the ball is usually off the defender who pokes it, that's not a good reason to let the call go that way. I didn't have a favorite team in this game, so I feel like I can be pretty objective about it, but most of the complaints are coming from Texas Tech fans who would probably applaud the call if it went their way in the same scenario.

I'm only going by the video in the twitter. It's inconclusive based on that. Again, not a fan of rewarding the team who essentially knocked the ball out in the first place. Old school refs know this concept, tbh.

blah28
04-09-2019, 05:23 PM

It was the correct call, the only issue I have with these replays is the TT player was clearly fouled by Kyle Guy. I know that isn't reviewable but it should be considering that is the reason he lost his dribble and allowed Butler to catch up to him and swipe the ball.

They need to change the rule in the last two minutes if they don't know who the ball went off, they should see if a foul was committed and effected the play at all.

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 05:31 PM
I'm only going by the video in the twitter. It's inconclusive based on that. Again, not a fan of rewarding the team who essentially knocked the ball out in the first place. Old school refs know this concept, tbh.

The replays on the live broadcast had multiple different angles. Some looked inconclusive, but at least one pretty clearly showed the Texas Tech player touching it last.

Spurtacular
04-09-2019, 07:48 PM
The replays on the live broadcast had multiple different angles. Some looked inconclusive, but at least one pretty clearly showed the Texas Tech player touching it last.

Meaning you think so but you don't know.

Mark Celibate
04-09-2019, 09:47 PM
This just shows how hard it is to ref a game. If a play isn't reversed, people complain the refs missed the call and they suck. If refs look at replay and reverse the call, people say it's not in the spirit of the game. It's impossible to make fans who are invested in one team or the other happy-- they want every call to go their way, and will complain or start conspiracy theories when they don't. This is one of the reasons I often watch Spur games on the network of the opposing team-- Sean Eliot is such a blatant homer (I like him otherwise) that it ruins the game for me. When he says something like "it was off of Aldridge, but just barely" --as if the ref still should've given the benefit of the doubt to the team Eliot is rooting for-- it's just annoying. There are others, like Tommy Heinsohn, who are worse, but it's so much better to hear announcers who actually have some objectivity and can call things honestly.

I have no problem with that call or the refereeing in general last night. The one call, that was definitely blown and really changed the game in OT, was the one where Kyle Guy tripped over his own teammate's foot. I'm shocked people are complaining about the other one, which was technically the correct call. He fell out of bounds, and if called correctly it's Texas Tech's ball and they're already up 73-70. Instead, Guy went to the line to hit both and make it 73-72.

R. DeMurre
04-09-2019, 09:55 PM
I have no problem with that call or the refereeing in general last night. The one call, that was definitely blown and really changed the game in OT, was the one where Kyle Guy tripped over his own teammate's foot. I'm shocked people are complaining about the other one, which was technically the correct call. He fell out of bounds, and if called correctly it's Texas Tech's ball and they're already up 73-70. Instead, Guy went to the line to hit both and make it 73-72.

I've thought forever that NBA coaches should be allowed a number of replay challenges per game, like in tennis-- that way it becomes part of the strategy and then teams can't complain. As it stands, it's ridiculous that certain looks at replay can only reverse the call in question, even if a different foul is clearly shown in the video.