PDA

View Full Version : Chance for Spurs to sign a defensive wing for the season?

playbonner15
03-17-2019, 10:40 PM
So I think our wishes for FO to sign a defensive stopper to complement White and Poeltl for the playoffs is now moot? Or is there still a chance to sign somebody and for him to learn the rotations?

offset formation
03-17-2019, 11:05 PM
I don't think anybody can still come in and qualify for post season play? Wasn't Pau waived and signed on the last day possible for the postseason?

monty4329
03-18-2019, 04:06 AM
Who's out there of significance? Nobody.
Plus you don't get Spurs defensive and offensive systems in 4 weeks.

ceperez
03-18-2019, 07:52 AM
Only likelihood is to call up from the Toros. Either Moore or Heustis.

There's no way you can get some random player and have him fit with the schemes the Spurs have in offense and defense.

The Spurs have too many off ball action that if a player isn't on the same page, then he'll just muck up the works.

cjw
03-18-2019, 07:57 AM
I don't think anybody can still come in and qualify for post season play? Wasn't Pau waived and signed on the last day possible for the postseason?

I think it’s last day for someone who was on another roster at that time. But can sign a free agent who wasn’t on a roster.

Not that there’s anyone out there that’s worth signing.

offset formation
03-18-2019, 08:04 AM
I think it’s last day for someone who was on another roster at that time. But can sign a free agent who wasn’t on a roster.

Not that there’s anyone out there that’s worth signing.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Roscoe P. Coltrane
03-18-2019, 04:22 PM
Moot. The Spurs ain't going to sign a defensive stopper and suddenly start giving him minutes over other players this late in the season. Besides what defensive stoppers are out there that are available?

Pavlov
03-18-2019, 04:31 PM
Wish they would take Moore for a spin but they're probably just going to sign Eubanks for the playoffs.