PDA

View Full Version : Chuma Okeke - NCAA Game(s) to Watch

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 01:27 PM
Now that the full college regular season is in books, I think that Chuma Okeke is the Spurs' guy for their first pick. He's a legit 6'8", and could play either forward position. (He's the biggest player on the Auburn squad.) He's a damn good defender, and he can shoot the 3 right now - as opposed to all the guys who "need to work with Chip". Not that he couldn't improve from the arc, but .378 is enough to make defenses pay attention to him.

Yesterday Auburn destroyed Tennessee to win the SEC Championship, and Okeke was a beast. He put up 18 points, 13 boards, 3 steals and a block, and was 5-9 from 3P. If he has more games like that one in the NCAA, he might not even be around when the Spurs pick. I had hopes for a couple of other guys when it looked like the Spurs would be picking at 16-17. But now that they are down to 20, and looking like they might move down even more, I'm looking at Okeke as the best available. Especially since he's exactly what the Spurs need - a SF who can shoot the 3 and plays solid D.

Auburn opens up their NCAA tourney on Thursday against NM State. It should be an easy win for Auburn, and a good chance to watch Okeke play. There's a good chance that Auburn doesn't get past Kansas in the second round, so it may be one of only two chances to get a look. If Auburn did manage to get past Kansas, it's likely to be on Okeke's back, which might doom the Spurs' chance at him in the draft.

There has been a lot of talk about the defense of Matisse Thybulle. But Chuma Okeke is a damn good defender in his own right. I know it's unlikely, but if the Spurs somehow managed to draft Okeke at 20, and Thybulle at 29, the Spurs would become the best defensive squad in the league. Maybe good enough to turn the "new NBA" on it's head. There are only 5 starting positions, but their second unit would be a terror. Throw in Udoka Azabuike from Kansas with the 50 pick, and call it a day.

sasaint
03-18-2019, 01:36 PM
I would even consider moving up for Chuma. I fear that his stock is rising so rapidly and our draft position keeps dropping that moving up would be the only way to get him. Azabuike would be an excellent project big.

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 01:43 PM
I would even consider moving up for Chuma. I fear that his stock is rising so rapidly and our draft position keeps dropping that moving up would be the only way to get him. Azabuike would be an excellent project big.

I'm afraid you may be right. I've been saying that SF's are going to be the hot ticket in the draft, and he's not under the radar anymore. But there's only so much room at the top, so maybe he'll be there. I hate to start new threads, but I wanted to give people a reason to watch the game and see him in action.

I think Azabuike will be at least a rotation big after a couple of years. Not many big men can come straight to the NBA and be effective, but a year in Austin, and then easing him into the rotation - I think he'd be a good use of the 50 pick. And what a name, huh? As much as people here wanted Kelenna Azabuike, and then the Udoka first name - it's almost as good as Duncan Robinson. :blah

sasaint
03-18-2019, 01:52 PM
I'm afraid you may be right. I've been saying that SF's are going to be the hot ticket in the draft, and he's not under the radar anymore. But there's only so much room at the top, so maybe he'll be there. I hate to start new threads, but I wanted to give people a reason to watch the game and see him in action.

I think Azabuike will be at least a rotation big after a couple of years. Not many big men can come straight to the NBA and be effective, but a year in Austin, and then easing him into the rotation - I think he'd be a good use of the 50 pick. And what a name, huh? As much as people here wanted Kelenna Azabuike, and then the Udoka first name - it's almost as good as Duncan Robinson. :blah

:lol I really wanna see that Duncan Robinson guy! Yeah, SFs will get snapped up and there will be some reaches at that position, I expect.

You think Azubuike could still be on the board at 50?

SpurPadre
03-18-2019, 02:01 PM
Sounds too much like Chimezie Metu, tbh.

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 02:02 PM
:lol I really wanna see that Duncan Robinson guy! Yeah, SFs will get snapped up and there will be some reaches at that position, I expect.

You think Azubuike could still be on the board at 50?

He's on a 2-way contract with Miami. Went undrafted last year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Robinson_(basketball) You thought I made it up? :blah

I don't have a clue. The mocks were showing him that low about a month ago, but they don't know any more than the rest of us outside about the top 5. I know that style of big man isn't at the top of most boards lately.

sasaint
03-18-2019, 02:10 PM
He's on a 2-way contract with Miami. Went undrafted last year. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Robinson_(basketball) You thought I made it up? :blah

I don't have a clue. The mocks were showing him that low about a month ago, but they don't know any more than the rest of us outside about the top 5. I know that style of big man isn't at the top of most boards lately.

Yeah. I thought you were making a funny. It sure made me laugh! With a name like that I don't think he could ever wear the silver and black.

Even if traditional bigs are in disfavor, everybody still wants some rim protection. Heck, Boban continues to bounce around the league. I think Azubuike will get picked on pedigree alone - even before the name - around 40-50 depending...

ZeusWillJudge
03-18-2019, 02:15 PM
Sounds too much like Chimezie Metu, tbh.

Okeke can play perimeter defense and shoot the 3. That gets it said in one sentence.

I never liked Metu, just because he sat out the NIT Tournament so that he wouldn't risk getting injured. I know... he needed the money. But I still don't like it. Okeke has a significantly higher ceiling than Metu, IMO. But you can see for yourself on Thursday.

SpurPadre
03-18-2019, 02:33 PM
Okeke can play perimeter defense and shoot the 3. That gets it said in one sentence.

I never liked Metu, just because he sat out the NIT Tournament so that he wouldn't risk getting injured. I know... he needed the money. But I still don't like it. Okeke has a significantly higher ceiling than Metu, IMO. But you can see for yourself on Thursday.

I'm sure he does have a higher ceiling and will keep an eye out for him in the tourney.

sasaint
03-18-2019, 02:54 PM

Just saw where Gafford is pulling the same stunt. He has also been mentioned as a potential Spur target.

Stump
03-18-2019, 07:19 PM
I'd rather Okeke stay at Auburn, as he's just started to blossom over the last six weeks, but getting drafting by San Antonio would be a nice consolation prize for me.

R. DeMurre
03-18-2019, 08:05 PM
The 57.7 2pt% + the 37.8 3pt% look pretty impressive. Will check him out.

XDT76
03-18-2019, 08:16 PM

Base on your description, Okeke seems to be a good addition for the Spurs. Just would like to understand what is the factor for him to slip out of the lottery pick as I understand this year is consider as a weak draft year. Is it due to him playing in a conference where usually lesser attention or he has other limitation or has some medical concern?

D-Robinson 50 fan
03-18-2019, 08:25 PM
I like this cat and PJ Washington a lot. Most folks are labeling Washington as a small ball 4 but I think he is athletic enough to play the 3. He is a good NCAA 3 point shooter but he isn’t the greatest at the line which makes me think his shot isn’t the purest

I’m looking forward to the tournament and combine

ace3g
03-29-2019, 07:21 PM
He currently has 12 pts. | 6 boards at halftime vs NC.

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 07:35 PM

Thanks, Ace3g. He's playing a good game, and Auburn has a lead at the half. He plays big, and he's got toughness that the team needs at that position. I haven't seen anything in this tournament to change my mind that he's the guy the Spurs need to draft. If the Spurs manage to keep Gay, it would be a perfect situation for him to develop, IMO.

I still think it's going to be tough to close out UNC. He's going to have to have a good second half.

ace3g
03-29-2019, 07:44 PM
Thanks, Ace3g. He's playing a good game, and Auburn has a lead at the half. He plays big, and he's got toughness that the team needs at that position. I haven't seen anything in this tournament to change my mind that he's the guy the Spurs need to draft. If the Spurs manage to keep Gay, it would be a perfect situation for him to develop, IMO.

I still think it's going to be tough to close out UNC. He's going to have to have a good second half.

He definitely has a knack for 50/50 balls - something the Spurs need.

sasaint
03-29-2019, 07:46 PM

Damn. He is playing himself out of our reach. We should move up for him.

ace3g
03-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Tigers

Player
MIN
FG
3PT
FT
REB
AST
PF
PTS

H. Spencer (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/131343)

1-1

0-0

0-0

B. Brown (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/131344)

1-4

1-4

0-0

S. Doughty (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/131537)

2-3

1-1

0-0

J. Harper (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/136183)

2-6

1-4

0-0

D. Purifoy (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/136184)

1-2

0-1

0-0

A. McLemore (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/136188)

0-2

0-2

0-0

A. Wiley (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/140941)

0-0

0-0

0-2

C. Okeke (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/141168)

8-11

3-5

0-0

M. Dunbar (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/141171)

4-9

2-6

0-0

J. McCormick (https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/players/147370)

5-8

0-1

0-1

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 07:51 PM
He's been a walking mis-match here in this second half. Lots of basketball left to play, but he's showcasing pretty well.

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 08:06 PM
Oh man! Anyone who isn't watching this game is missing a great show! Okeke playing good team D. Smart enough to know he doesn't have to di it all himself, but also making good individual plays too.

Damn. He is playing himself out of our reach. We should move up for him.

If they had to trade up, there are probably some other players they would have to consider. But there are a lot of players to cram into the first 15 slots, so I'm still hopeful he'll still be there. But I think he'll be a good value at that spot.

I gotta be honest, Coby White is showing better handles than I thought he had.

OH HELL!!! Okeke just went down with a knee blowout!

ace3g
03-29-2019, 08:08 PM
damn, he just went down with leg injury...

sasaint
03-29-2019, 08:08 PM
He's been a walking mis-match here in this second half. Lots of basketball left to play, but he's showcasing pretty well.

I really want Chuma. I honestly believe he has the potential to make people forget Number 2.

Damn. Went down as I was typing...

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 08:09 PM
damn, he just went down with leg injury...

That's bad. It looks like the end of the tournament for him, at least. Damn.

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 08:09 PM
Dammit. You look at his face, and he knows it's bad. Shit.

Robz4000
03-29-2019, 08:10 PM
And he just Paul George'd his leg.

Robz4000
03-29-2019, 08:11 PM
Nevermind, not that bad. Still prolly done for the tournament.

ace3g
walked off the court

sasaint
Good sign after a really scary collapse.

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 08:12 PM
Had a litle help, but he walked to the locker room. I've seen enough from him for the tourney. Just let him rest. I want my boy whole for summer league.

sasaint
03-29-2019, 08:17 PM
Yeah, White has impressed me the last half of the season, but tonight he has shown some handles to match his waterbug moves. Actually lots of guys taking advantage of the spotlight in this game. Great college game.

K...
03-29-2019, 08:35 PM
So basically he's destined to fall up to the spurs since he'll have an injury concern like lonnie.

ZeusWillJudge
03-29-2019, 08:40 PM
Dayum. Pearl just choked up when they asked him about Okeke. "He's hurt... he's hurt."

I'm going to hope for the best, but that sounded bad.

So basically he's destined to fall up to the spurs since he'll have an injury concern like lonnie.

I'd rather see someone else get him than for a kid to lose out on the guaranteed rookie deal that would secure his future. I know what you're saying. Just a tough situation.

paperboy77
03-29-2019, 09:50 PM
Dammit. You look at his face, and he knows it's bad. Shit.

Never seen this kid play but seems to be the real deal. Too bad for the injury. Probably not but hopefully the kid is overreacting and it's not as bad. This is why these players are willing to sit out and preserve themselves for the pro's... and you can't hate that.

That kid from Gonzaga.. Clarke. That's is what I would absolutely love SA to draft. Mock boards had him between 7 and 10. The way he's playing he should be top 5 easily. Dudes a man out there. Wishing SA can find a sucker to move up in the draft maybe package Forbes, our picks and a Toros person besides Walker. The league probably thinks Forbes is better than we know he is. Wishful thinking.

in2deep
03-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Lakers will probably grab him

sasaint
03-30-2019, 08:40 AM
Never seen this kid play but seems to be the real deal. Too bad for the injury. Probably not but hopefully the kid is overreacting and it's not as bad. This is why these players are willing to sit out and preserve themselves for the pro's... and you can't hate that.

That kid from Gonzaga.. Clarke. That's is what I would absolutely love SA to draft. Mock boards had him between 7 and 10. The way he's playing he should be top 5 easily. Dudes a man out there. Wishing SA can find a sucker to move up in the draft maybe package Forbes, our picks and a Toros person besides Walker. The league probably thinks Forbes is better than we know he is. Wishful thinking.

I saw several Auburn games this season. He is the real deal. Possibly the most impressive thing about him is that he always operates within the team concept. I really want this guy.

Hope the MRI doesn’t reveal anything really traumatic. I hope his walking (with some assistance) last night after the injury is a good sign.

ZeusWillJudge
03-30-2019, 10:03 AM
I saw several Auburn games this season. He is the real deal. Possibly the most impressive thing about him is that he always operates within the team concept. I really want this guy.

It's exactly that. That's what really made me start liking him for the Spurs. He knows when to stay home on D, but he knows when to rotate and help. He has good recognition, makes good decisions, and recovers quickly.

I mentioned it somewhere else, but there's one thing he does that I really, really wish he could teach to most of this Spurs team. He does his work early on the glass, and gets good position. But when he's boxing out, he stays with it and takes his guy completely out of the picture most of the time. What that means is that a lot of times, it's his teammates who actually pull down the rebound, and get the credit on their stat line. But the TEAM gets the possession. These Spurs drive me up the wall because they release their box-outs and start ball-hawking. And so often the guy they were boxing out winds up snatching the rebound from three different Spur players. And I'm screaming at the TV - "If you'd just held your damn boxout, one of the other two guys on your team would have gotten that rebound."

He's got good individual skills, but he plays team ball. And he can shoot the three... already. They don't have to hope Chip can teach him to shoot.

Now I just hope he doesn't have a year of surgery and rehab ahead of him. Where the Spurs are right now, they can't afford to take a chance on blowing this draft pick. As much as I like him, I wouldn't pick him if he's got a serious injury.

ZeusWillJudge
03-30-2019, 10:05 AM
This tweet from Tom Green this morning:

Bruce Pearl on Gameday just now: Chuma Okeke is at the hospital right now getting his MRI. No update yet on his injury, but “we fear for the worst.”

sasaint
03-30-2019, 11:08 AM
It's exactly that. That's what really made me start liking him for the Spurs. He knows when to stay home on D, but he knows when to rotate and help. He has good recognition, makes good decisions, and recovers quickly.

I mentioned it somewhere else, but there's one thing he does that I really, really wish he could teach to most of this Spurs team. He does his work early on the glass, and gets good position. But when he's boxing out, he stays with it and takes his guy completely out of the picture most of the time. What that means is that a lot of times, it's his teammates who actually pull down the rebound, and get the credit on their stat line. But the TEAM gets the possession. These Spurs drive me up the wall because they release their box-outs and start ball-hawking. And so often the guy they were boxing out winds up snatching the rebound from three different Spur players. And I'm screaming at the TV - "If you'd just held your damn boxout, one of the other two guys on your team would have gotten that rebound."

He's got good individual skills, but he plays team ball. And he can shoot the three... already. They don't have to hope Chip can teach him to shoot.

Now I just hope he doesn't have a year of surgery and rehab ahead of him. Where the Spurs are right now, they can't afford to take a chance on blowing this draft pick. As much as I like him, I wouldn't pick him if he's got a serious injury.

In general boxing out is not the norm in the pros. Drives me to yell at the TV a lot. You would think that the Spurs, of all teams, would be better at it.

As for Okeke you just pray he can come back 100% and not be at increased risk going forward. Whatever team he plays for it is his life and livelihood. But secondarily, I hope he is 100% and a Spur!

objective
03-30-2019, 11:58 AM
As long as it's not too terrible an injury, even if Okeke has an injury that keeps him out part or all of next season, that just puts him in play for 29 at worst.

Somebody was a lock to either be stashed in Europe or planted in the g-league all season, there just aren't the open spots in the rotation with so many players returning on contract. If Rudy is signed again then really the only spots on the roster even after that were Cunningham, Pondexter and Montejiunas.

A red shirt year probably doesn't intimidate the Spurs like it might other teams

sasaint
03-30-2019, 12:20 PM
As long as it's not too terrible an injury, even if Okeke has an injury that keeps him out part or all of next season, that just puts him in play for 29 at worst.

Somebody was a lock to either be stashed in Europe or planted in the g-league all season, there just aren't the open spots in the rotation with so many players returning on contract. If Rudy is signed again then really the only spots on the roster even after that were Cunningham, Pondexter and Montejiunas.

A red shirt year probably doesn't intimidate the Spurs like it might other teams

A redshirt year is expected on the Spurs.

ace3g
03-30-2019, 03:14 PM
https://twitter.com/DXContent/status/1112069074106880002

smaka
03-30-2019, 03:35 PM
Torn ACL.

ace3g
03-30-2019, 03:35 PM
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1112090238548099073

BackHome
03-30-2019, 03:52 PM
From first to second round sucks for kids like him and Porter.

duncan2150
03-30-2019, 04:09 PM
Sad for him.

ZeusWillJudge
03-30-2019, 04:22 PM
So disappointing for this young man. It's even worse when it happens this late in the season. Not all doctors are created equally, so I hope he gets the best.

In past years, the Spurs could have afforded to draft him and wait. I just don't see how they can do that this year. If they had the 31 pick, I would applaud them for using it on him. For his sake, I hope someone else can invest a late 1st on him.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1112090238548099073

sasaint
03-30-2019, 04:24 PM
From first to second round sucks for kids like him and Porter.

I am not so sure. I might still take him at +/- 29. And I would trade Forbes and our 2nd to move up to take him at any point in the second.

DavidTheGoliath
03-30-2019, 04:35 PM
If we can somehow land Okeke and Jontay Porter in the next draft. Then have Murray back, we can have the perfect ACL team. hmmmm yeah

objective
03-30-2019, 04:37 PM
I am not so sure. I might still take him at +/- 29. And I would trade Forbes and our 2nd to move up to take him at any point in the second.

I'm with you in principle on taking him at 29. He's a safer bet than Porter who has the multiple tears and sad family history of injuries. Porter I don't think I'd touch at 29 because of so many red flags.

kobyz
03-30-2019, 05:08 PM
I see the Spurs curse effect also on "supposed to be" spurs

duncan2150
03-30-2019, 05:32 PM
But will he enters the draft For sure ?

cjw
03-30-2019, 05:46 PM
But will he enters the draft For sure ?

100% certain he will enter. What upside does he have to not enter ... if he comes back next year and doesn’t play well it would hurt his stock? Also will be able to rehab with NBA doctors.

sasaint
03-30-2019, 06:32 PM
I'm with you in principle on taking him at 29. He's a safer bet than Porter who has the multiple tears and sad family history of injuries. Porter I don't think I'd touch at 29 because of so many red flags.

I also want us to bring in Texas Tech’s Tariq Owens for summer league if he doesn’t play himself into the draft. I started a thread about him in the Think Tank that the mods have not seen fit to post yet.

phxspurfan
03-30-2019, 09:01 PM
Spurs May now have a shot at mr torn acl

ZeusWillJudge
04-01-2019, 08:00 PM
I know the situation has changed for drafting Okeke, but there were two things I wanted to mention:

I kept going on about the unselfish way Okeke boxes out under the basket, and how it sometimes means letting his teammates get the rebound, instead of his stat sheet getting padded. If the Spurs players had done that last night - just that one little thing - they still would have won that game against the Kings. The Spurs should offer him a job as a coach, while he rehabs.

On Sunday he was hurting, and said that he didn't feel like coming down to the arena for the game against UNC. But midway through the first quarter Auburn was getting their ass kicked by UNC, and he told them to pack him up and get him to the game. They wheeled him in, and he had that look like he was on pain meds - but he wanted to be there to cheer his team on, and I'm sure to be with them if they lost. I have to tip my hat to the kid.
Kawhiner never had that much class.

John B
04-02-2019, 07:52 AM
I know the situation has changed for drafting Okeke, but there were two things I wanted to mention:

I kept going on about the unselfish way Okeke boxes out under the basket, and how it sometimes means letting his teammates get the rebound, instead of his stat sheet getting padded. If the Spurs players had done that last night - just that one little thing - they still would have won that game against the Kings. The Spurs should offer him a job as a coach, while he rehabs.

On Sunday he was hurting, and said that he didn't feel like coming down to the arena for the game against UNC. But midway through the first quarter Auburn was getting their ass kicked by UNC, and he told them to pack him up and get him to the game. They wheeled him in, and he had that look like he was on pain meds - but he wanted to be there to cheer his team on, and I'm sure to be with them if they lost. I have to tip my hat to the kid.
Kawhiner never had that much class.

If he’s available at 49, why not?

TimmyBuckets
04-02-2019, 11:42 PM
Where will he fall now? Yall think Spurs will draft him and is he worth it after the tear?

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 08:35 AM
Where will he fall now? Yall think Spurs will draft him and is he worth it after the tear?

I think he showed so much in this tournament that someone will take him in the first round, and invest in his rehab. I think he'll be there for the Spurs first pick, but not at 29. It's pretty much a fool's errand trying to guess what the Spurs will do in the draft, but after all these years of draft-and-stash, and players who need to be in Austin for a year, I think this year they'll pass on Okeke.

Is he worth it? I think so.

TimmyBuckets
04-03-2019, 09:03 AM
I think he showed so much in this tournament that someone will take him in the first round, and invest in his rehab. I think he'll be there for the Spurs first pick, but not at 29. It's pretty much a fool's errand trying to guess what the Spurs will do in the draft, but after all these years of draft-and-stash, and players who need to be in Austin for a year, I think this year they'll pass on Okeke.

Cool thanks. I hope we get him.

Seventyniner
04-03-2019, 09:50 AM

With two picks and several young guards that need minutes, I could see the Spurs going for it at 29 if he manages to fall that low. Worth it at 29 but not at 19 imo.

BackHome
04-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Is he worth our first pick Nope is he worth our 29 pick maybe just depends on who is still out there

Atl Spur
04-03-2019, 04:42 PM
If he wasn’t hurt would you have a chance for him at 19? No! Draft and let him rehab.......

Atl Spur
04-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Stagger your developments; metu & Lonnie next year! Okeke will be good towards the end of next years allstar break.

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 05:16 PM
If he wasn’t hurt would you have a chance for him at 19? No! Draft and let him rehab.......

Stagger your developments; metu & Lonnie next year! Okeke will be good towards the end of next years allstar break.

Does Atlanta have a large autistic Spurs fan base, or are you pretty much it?

Nobody had him projected to go in the lottery. (This may come as a surprise, but there are a lot of other players in the draft.)
A month ago, most people would have said that the Spurs might have a shot at him with the Toronto pick. I was most worried about Boston using one of their picks on him, if the Spurs tried to wait for that. After the tournament he had, I still think the Spurs 18-19 pick was just about right. But once again, I was most worried that Boston has enough talent and picks that they might take him with that Sacto pick up around 14. Other than that, I think the Spurs' first pick was just about right.

IF the Spurs were to draft Okeke, he would be a rookie. Who missed training camp. Who is also rehabbing from ACL surgery. After the Nephew debacle. So, no, he won't be "good after the All Star break, except in Austin. He might get a few call-ups from Austin, just to get a look around. But if he's a rotation player for the Spurs next year, come back and I'll eat crow.

Isn't the Good Doctor on tonight?

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-03-2019, 07:37 PM
When I watched him go down I thought of this site and @ Zeus will judge.

I think with the Raptors pick he would be good to grab if still there. I can see Boston grabbing him because they have multiple picks or any of the other teams with more than one 1st. He could rehab and watch game film and be ready the season after.

GusT15
04-03-2019, 07:41 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/3eda53fbc23f1ef7a5b0d795c54a3684/tenor.gif?itemid=9255387

Blackhaus
04-03-2019, 08:51 PM
Fuck that I want 2 healthy prospects. You draft him and he won’t be a meaningful player for 3 fuck8mg years and petty much done with his rookie contract.

ZeusWillJudge
04-03-2019, 09:36 PM
When I watched him go down I thought of this site and @ Zeus will judge.

I think with the Raptors pick he would be good to grab if still there. I can see Boston grabbing him because they have multiple picks or any of the other teams with more than one 1st. He could rehab and watch game film and be ready the season after.

:tu

Atl Spur
04-03-2019, 11:16 PM
Does Atlanta have a large autistic Spurs fan base, or are you pretty much it?

Nobody had him projected to go in the lottery. (This may come as a surprise, but there are a lot of other players in the draft.)
A month ago, most people would have said that the Spurs might have a shot at him with the Toronto pick. I was most worried about Boston using one of their picks on him, if the Spurs tried to wait for that. After the tournament he had, I still think the Spurs 18-19 pick was just about right. But once again, I was most worried that Boston has enough talent and picks that they might take him with that Sacto pick up around 14. Other than that, I think the Spurs' first pick was just about right.

IF the Spurs were to draft Okeke, he would be a rookie. Who missed training camp. Who is also rehabbing from ACL surgery. After the Nephew debacle. So, no, he won't be "good after the All Star break, except in Austin. He might get a few call-ups from Austin, just to get a look around. But if he's a rotation player for the Spurs next year, come back and I'll eat crow.

Isn't the Good Doctor on tonight?

No worries...... Dad is here! We shall see in time where Okeke ends up; time will tell. Out of curiosity, you really do consider yourself intelligent huh? Good for you:)

Atl Spur
04-03-2019, 11:19 PM
Most of my views have been sampled more than that Annie hook on this forum.

Atl Spur
04-03-2019, 11:21 PM
I’ll bet you 100.00 usd that Okeke torn acl and all won’t be there for that Toronto pick :) sorry, I want to pull up your skirt!

ZeusWillJudge
04-04-2019, 12:13 AM
No worries...... Dad is here! We shall see in time where Okeke ends up; time will tell. Out of curiosity, you really do consider yourself intelligent huh? Good for you:)

I guess I really should start paying rent.

Atl Spur
04-04-2019, 07:35 AM
I guess I really should start paying rent.

You trying to hard homie........ I said my piece. Accept the bet my guy.

ace3g
04-29-2019, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1122955646440280065

ZeusWillJudge
04-29-2019, 09:55 PM
Okeke Combine Tweet

Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear that he got the invite, and hopefully someone will still invest a first round pick on him. That was a really terrible thing to happen that close to the draft.

talkspurs
04-29-2019, 09:56 PM
I hope he is available at 29 and I hope we take him.

duncan2150
04-30-2019, 04:46 AM
I hope he is available at 29 and I hope we take him.

For that the spurs needs To get rid of some players, now ( With Gay Coming back) we’ll have 12 players under contracts , i doubt the Spurs will take an injured player. But we’ll see....

D-Robinson 50 fan
04-30-2019, 05:38 AM
He is a really good talent and it was sad that he got injured during the tournament. Auburn would have most likely won the tournament if he didn't get injured. The guy is going to do well in the interview portions because he is reported to be a smart overall good guy.

If he didn't get hurt I really wanted the Spurs to draft this guy. If he didn't take up a roster spot while he recovered from injury I would love for us to take him

duncan2150
04-30-2019, 08:11 AM
He is a really good talent and it was sad that he got injured during the tournament. Auburn would have most likely won the tournament if he didn't get injured. The guy is going to do well in the interview portions because he is reported to be a smart overall good guy.

If he didn't get hurt I really wanted the Spurs to draft this guy. If he didn't take up a roster spot while he recovered from injury I would love for us to take him

+1

look_at_g_shred
04-30-2019, 08:41 AM
He's the exact player the spurs were missing this year.