PDA

View Full Version : I realize it's moot, but had they retained scumbag, they could have won the championship

TD 21
03-19-2019, 06:25 PM
For the purposes of this, I'm going to presume Murray still tears his ACL and Gasol is still on the team, so the rotation would have been . . .

Gay/Bertans
Scumbag/Belinelli
Aldridge/Gasol
Green/Forbes
White/Mills

- Maybe Gasol starts over Gay at times, but when it counts most, Gasol backs up Aldridge, Forbes plays spot minutes and Mills, Forbes, Belinelli never play a meaningful second together.

- Presuming relative health, they probably cruise to the 1 seed.

- Scumbag's decision making still would have given me some pause, but White's emergence would have made it less important.

- Vulnerability is relative, but it's been clear for a while that a combination of fatigue, deteriorating chemistry and lack of depth has stripped the Warriors of their air of invincibility and fear factor.

- In typical Warrior fashion, even when they lose, they win though because for the first time in recent memory, the league lacks another team that looks the part of a championship caliber one. Only the Bucks hit many of the statistical thresholds, but they lack experience and pedigree, a typical 2nd best player for one and now have a key injury.

slick'81
03-19-2019, 06:35 PM
I would assume murray was healthy and maybe white doesnt emerge

SpurPadre
03-19-2019, 06:36 PM
For the purposes of this, I'm going to presume Murray still tears his ACL and Gasol is still on the team, so the rotation would have been . . .

Gay/Bertans
Scumbag/Belinelli
Aldridge/Gasol
Green/Forbes
White/Mills

- Maybe Gasol starts over Gay at times, but when it counts most, Gasol backs up Aldridge, Forbes plays spot minutes and Mills, Forbes, Belinelli never play a meaningful second together.

- Scumbag's decision making still would have given me some pause, but White's emergence would have made it less important.

- Vulnerability is relative, but it's been clear for a while that a combination of fatigue, deteriorating chemistry and lack of depth has stripped the Warriors of their air of invincibility and fear factor.

- In typical Warrior fashion, even when they lose, they win though because for the first time in recent memory, the league lacks another team that looks the part of a championship caliber one. Only the Bucks hit many of the statistical thresholds, but they lack experience and pedigree, a typical 2nd best player for one and now have a key injury.

Load Management would've missed more games under Pop this season than the shitload she's already refused to play for Toronto. That would've perpetuated the poor locker room morale from last season. No, keeping Load Management would've self-imploded the season by now, tbh.

sananspursfan21
03-19-2019, 06:39 PM
Wrong. We wouldn’t have Poeltl.

Spurtacular
03-19-2019, 06:41 PM
Are we assuming Kawhi doesn't tank it like the season prior?

daslicer
03-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Felt like that last year if #2 played.

spurraider21
03-19-2019, 06:46 PM

Gay/Bertans
Scumbag/Belinelli
Aldridge/Gasol
Green/Forbes
White/Mills

so this team with kawhi would have won a championship this season? well only if PATFO didnt listen to you and

- make "significant personnel changes" because we absolutely needed them - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272705
- get rid of pop because he is "beyond done" - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272676
- rebuild because other than kawhi's injury, "there were other reasons that have been festering beneath the surface in recent seasons and finally caught up to them" - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272598

tl;dr

you last year: we need to make radical changes to our roster and coaching staff because this team is flawed and declining
you this year: if we made no changes to our roster and coaching staff we'd have won the championship this year

TD 21
03-19-2019, 07:15 PM
:lmao As I said, White's emergence, significantly more 3-point shooting in the rotation and most importantly, the relative fall of the Warriors and lack of another prototypical championship team, changed the calculus, genius.

If not significant personnel changes, they at least need to do what the Raptors termed a "culture reset" after last season. Play maker or not, they have to move away from this slow, post up/mid ranger heavy, 3 phobic offense.

White has given them the needed play maker, they're still slow but play with more pace (specifically the bench) and though they still don't shoot enough 3s, they have a lot more shooting in the rotation.

Pop is beyond finished.

Him being forced to play White, Bertans and Poeltl significant minutes hasn't changed this.

there were other reasons that have been festering beneath the surface in recent season and finally caught up to them

Again, White has given them the needed play maker, they're still slow but play with more pace (specifically the bench) and though they still don't shoot enough 3s, they have a lot more shooting in the rotation.

apalisoc_9
03-19-2019, 07:20 PM
Yeah. 62 Win spurs team can probably win.

I'm hoping for a spurs vs Raps finals lol.

Mr. Body
03-19-2019, 07:21 PM
Kawhi fucked the franchise hard.

spurraider21
03-19-2019, 08:10 PM
TD21 was right even when he was wrong

lol

JeffDuncan
03-19-2019, 10:11 PM
I live in Kawhi Leonard's rectum.

How cozy.

I'm kinda more interested in the Spurs, myself, but each to his own.

benefactor
03-20-2019, 07:41 AM
so this team with kawhi would have won a championship this season? well only if PATFO didnt listen to you and

- make "significant personnel changes" because we absolutely needed them - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272705
- get rid of pop because he is "beyond done" - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272676
- rebuild because other than kawhi's injury, "there were other reasons that have been festering beneath the surface in recent seasons and finally caught up to them" - https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272598

tl;dr

you last year: we need to make radical changes to our roster and coaching staff because this team is flawed and declining
you this year: if we made no changes to our roster and coaching staff we'd have won the championship this year
:lol...I've been calling out this faggot for years. He's a whiny bitch that masquerades as a decent poster. His takes are like lipstick on Leslie Joiner Dudley tbh.

monty4329
03-20-2019, 08:29 AM
It was obviously an untenable situation. Nephew wasn't going to go back into that locker room and be welcomed. No way we win more games than last year.

exstatic
03-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Return from injury management
Load management

Dex
03-20-2019, 08:52 AM
Yes, if everything would different, things would probably not be the same.

J_Paco
03-20-2019, 09:39 AM
I swear, TD21's smug, "know-it-all" schtick is on par with the whining, bitchy trolling of the "Kawhi Ball Sucking Crew" and Hoop Czar.

It would be awesome if the all logged off and took a long trip off a short pier.......

coachmac87
03-20-2019, 10:01 AM
It’s what the apologist have been saying since they got Zaza’d....

But this faggot and a few others refused to admit it because they have an “ego”...

Same faggots who talk shit about Pop...yet they think they’re the accomplished ones cause they can give their pathetic 2 cents on a sports forum.

Fucking losers TBH

picnroll
03-20-2019, 10:07 AM
Rather have Poeltl and Derozan. Otherwise Pop would have to lean in Gasol.

cool cat
03-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Felt like that last year if #2 played.

Yep, he would have probably won the MVP as well.

Spursfanfromafar
03-20-2019, 10:18 AM
OP - Gutless worm who has been proven wrong again and again and again. And yet struts around here..

Rosewood
03-20-2019, 10:51 AM
There's nothing Spurs could have done, his Uncle/Manager had his mind made up about LA.

Proxy
03-20-2019, 11:43 AM

tl;dr

https://media.giphy.com/media/p0RDMJGgMXF96/giphy.gif

Seventyniner
03-20-2019, 12:26 PM
I swear, TD21's smug, "know-it-all" schtick is on par with the whining, bitchy trolling of the "Kawhi Ball Sucking Crew" and Hoop Czar.

It would be awesome if the all logged off and took a long trip off a short pier.......

This site needs an option to hide quotes from ignored posters. Then it would be like they don't even exist.

spurraider21
03-20-2019, 12:35 PM
:lol...I've been calling out this faggot for years. He's a whiny bitch that masquerades as a decent poster. His takes are like lipstick on Leslie Joiner Dudley tbh.
i've asked timvp/kori to change his name to RJ 24

much more fitting

R. DeMurre
03-20-2019, 12:36 PM
When I was a kid there were 60 & 70 year old guys in my neighborhood still mad about the Dodgers leaving Brooklyn, and they talked about it like it had happened the year before rather than decades before. I can imagine a completely confused nurse in an old age home, in 2065, not understanding why some semi-senile old dude keeps muttering Fuck Kawhi! Fuck that muthafucka Kawhi!! :lol

R. DeMurre
03-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Yes, if everything would different, things would probably not be the same.

:lol

Kobe'sAchilles
03-20-2019, 12:50 PM
Pop needs to retire. Spurs dont have any talent to help Nephew which is why he left. The only hope for Nephew to win would be if we still had Gasol. Bc then at least he would be paired with an elite rim protector.

J_Paco
03-20-2019, 02:25 PM
This site needs an option to hide quotes from ignored posters. Then it would be like they don't even exist.

I don't have the time nor energy to ignore all of them. Also, ignoring them wouldn't allow people to rebut their constant negativity.

spurs10
03-20-2019, 02:58 PM
Yes, if everything would different, things would probably not be the same. If my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle. :spin

Now I know the OP is aware it's a "moot" point, but #2, in more ways than one, was bad news for this team. What a drag it was to deal with his bullshit day in and day out. This team is enjoyable to watch and they are gelling and having a good time. Do we have the talent to compete against teams where every player in the starting lineup is an All Star? We sure aren't expected to go far, but you have to play the games. At least, I'm excited to be going to see them tonight and happy as hell "Rest aka #2 aka scumbag aka Mr. Load Management" will not be involved with some drama queen bullshit.
:flag:

Shakril
03-20-2019, 02:59 PM

Gay/Bertans
Scumbag/Belinelli
Aldridge/Gasol
Green/Forbes
White/Mills

Some truth serum:

We have all seen how much Gasol has fallen off. Which means, he would be a liability and Eubanks is not ready to play a significant role.
Forbes and White rise have been both reduced, especially that of forbes who in my opinion still lacks in many areas. Next year forbes will be a rotation player.
Leonard and the rest of the team would have a normal relationship, noone of us knows what has happened behind the scenes. Pop and Leonard already made peace with each other, so i dont see the lockerroom problem. (all assuming leonard stays in SA of course).

This team still lacks a decent center, the only place were you can beat the warriors (even with cousins who still is not 100%).

Otherwise you might win a game or two like on monday but not 4 out of 7.

Seventyniner
03-20-2019, 03:13 PM
I don't have the time nor energy to ignore all of them. Also, ignoring them wouldn't allow people to rebut their constant negativity.

Yeah, the ignoramus count here is pretty high.

If enough people put them on ignore and could hide quotes by those posters, though, eventually there would be nobody left for them to talk to. Except other people on your ignore list.

superbigtime
03-20-2019, 03:33 PM
Spurs have overcome a lot of bullshit and are exceeding expectations. Screw that 'what if' stuff. I'm enjoying the current reality. and FK kawhi.

Millennial_Messiah
03-20-2019, 03:54 PM
i've asked timvp/kori to change his name to RJ 24

much more fitting
RJ 24 played with heart. DD 10 is just garbage.

TimmyBuckets
03-21-2019, 02:04 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273340&page=131&highlight=kawhi

duncan2k5
03-21-2019, 03:41 AM
It's FO/Pop's fault we lost Kawhi

GusT15
03-21-2019, 03:44 AM

I lost my keys last week and it was my fault.

Leonard is a bitch and that's his fault.

spursistan
04-16-2019, 09:17 AM
This is why I will never forget or forgive the scumbag for his disgusting act. The Warriors are fatigued and visibly declined, Durant looking like he quit. They are just waiting for a hard punch to roll over and die--at least this season.

This piece of shit has robbed the Spurs of a couple of legit shots at a ring..Fuck' him forever..

bklynspursfan
04-16-2019, 09:52 AM

:rollin

You are persistent with your thinking, that's for sure.

spursistan
04-16-2019, 09:59 AM
:rollin

You are persistent with your thinking, that's for sure.

Just don't bother him and that YGHWI guy. They are two slimy, blind fanboys of the scumbag. I think we all know that, by now.

ZeusWillJudge
04-16-2019, 11:39 AM
I realize it's moot, but had they retained scumbag, they could have won the championship (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278328&page=2&p=9771844)

So let me get this straight. YOU don't think it's worth talking about... but you still make a thread to talk about it? And then, after it's three weeks dead, Jimmerfan revives it?

JeffDuncan
04-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Some guys are going to live in Kawhi's rectum forever. It's where they're most at home.