PDA

View Full Version : Rockets will sweep the Spurs, avoid 6th seed at all costs

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Rockets have annihilated the Spurs this season with to tonight’s game being close but since the Spurs are atrocious at closing at games on a team full of chokers they won’t have a prayer against Harden.

Fall to seven and play Denver

Seventyniner
03-22-2019, 09:18 PM
Another shit thread, brought to you by a shit poster. Nothing to see here, move on people.

Uriel
03-22-2019, 09:19 PM
They needed a career-high from Harden and a momentum-swinging call by the referees to win against us on their own home floor.

TheRemix
03-22-2019, 09:39 PM
But why are the clippers still in the picture?

Allan Rowe vs Wade
03-22-2019, 09:53 PM
cunt = OP

Dex
03-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Stupid take tbh.

Harden posted 61 and Rockets still needed help from the refs in the 4th to win.

r0drig0lac
03-22-2019, 09:57 PM
Another shit thread, brought to you by a shit poster. Nothing to see here, move on people.

lmao

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 09:59 PM
I’d say Rockets in 6 vs it being a sweep. OP just wants to talk basketball but people on here are being too ignorant to see his point.

Sanjohnny2018
03-22-2019, 10:06 PM
Its really annoying to read the “what a horrible thread “ or “what a dumb comment” all the time. Just let people post their thoughts for once.

Sanjohnny2018
03-22-2019, 10:08 PM
Rockets are not as scary as they were last year or two years ago. it’s a one man team. Having said that, who will step up and guard him? If I had to pick, I’d go with White.

bklynspursfan
03-22-2019, 10:45 PM

^

Amuseddaysleeper
03-22-2019, 10:52 PM
Rockets are not as scary as they were last year or two years ago. it’s a one man team. Having said that, who will step up and guard him? If I had to pick, I’d go with White.

Neither are we

SouthTexasRancher
03-22-2019, 11:00 PM
We really need Dejounte Murray. He is the only guy on this team who can guard Harden. Right now I'd say we'd be lucky to win one game and really, really lucky to get two wins. This is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Spurs team like nobodies business. It's like they don't know the time of day one game (road) and they are the clock (home) the next game. Unless we are celebrating an opposing player (Parker and Wade) when our guys go into starstruck mode. If we don't get home court for the first series we will be shit out of luck. At least they can head down to the coast and go fishing.

:fishing

tmtcsc
03-22-2019, 11:02 PM
Rockets have annihilated the Spurs this season with to tonight’s game being close but since the Spurs are atrocious at closing at games on a team full of chokers they won’t have a prayer against Harden.

Just stop it. Houston sucks. They are clearly a one man show and it won't surprise me if they are bounced in the first round. The Spurs and all their incompetence would probably take them 6 or 7 games deep.

tmtcsc
03-22-2019, 11:03 PM

Jonathan Simmons isn't walking through that door.

TheGreatYacht
03-22-2019, 11:11 PM
Spurs can't contain Austin Rivers and delusional cock suckers here think we can do something against Harden? :lol

fusionjazzman72
03-22-2019, 11:31 PM
Aldrige is a superstar just ask Stephen A Smith

marinoman
03-22-2019, 11:34 PM
Just avoid golden state, with anyone else it’s a winnable series

Mugen
03-22-2019, 11:45 PM
They'd get cucked by every other playoff team in the West tbh, they couldn't even beat the Heat at home :rollin

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 11:46 PM
The Spurs have choked every single game against contenders on the road this season and people still think they can win on the road in the playoffs with teams that will actually game plan against them? Ok..

Arcadian
03-22-2019, 11:46 PM

White was playing some beautiful defense at times, staying with Harden and not fouling. His defense both on ball and disrupting the passing lanes are approaching elite levels. The Spurs have always had that signature perimeter defender from Bowen to Leonard, and now the torch is passed to White.

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 11:49 PM
They'd get cucked by every other playoff team in the West tbh, they couldn't even beat the Heat at home :rollin

Game plan against the Spurs is letting Derozan beat you and attack our shitty red carpet defenders. Not like Pop has shown he’s capable of adjusting and just plays right into the oppositions hands (see Hack a Jordan/going to injured Porker in 2015 and playing Diaw/West against OKCs big frontcourt in 2016). Any competent coach/team should see that and neutralize the Spurs pretty easily.

Mugen
03-22-2019, 11:51 PM
White was playing some beautiful defense at times, staying with Harden and not fouling. His defense both on ball and disrupting the passing lanes are approaching elite levels. The Spurs have always had that signature perimeter defender from Bowen to Leonard, and now the torch is passed to White.

Yet the genius coach decided to play Bryn Forbes more than him tonight.

spursalwaysrule
03-22-2019, 11:52 PM
They're not a one man team. They actually have more depth this year with House, Rivers, and Faried. They can beat the warriors if Cp3 somehow stays unbroken.

marinoman
03-22-2019, 11:53 PM
Good point…1 game sample size trumps all.
Fucken losers didn’t go undefeated at home this season

Mugen
03-22-2019, 11:56 PM
Good point…1 game sample size trumps all.
Fucken losers didn’t go undefeated at home this season

When you're a pussy ass team on the road, you basically have to play perfect at home and the cucks couldn't even beat a fringe playoff team from the East lmao

marinoman
03-22-2019, 11:57 PM
They're not a one man team. They actually have more depth this year with House, Rivers, and Faried. They can beat the warriors if Cp3 somehow stays unbroken.
Nah, maybe someone from the east can beat gsw but rockets d is worse and cp3 seems to have lost a step

marinoman
03-23-2019, 12:01 AM
When you're a pussy ass team on the road, you basically have to play perfect at home and the cucks couldn't even beat a fringe playoff team from the East lmao
You already won this argument with your 1 game no need to keep arguing. Besides the heat are what 2-68 this season coming off 20 straight losses

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 12:03 AM
I'm disappointed that a hot Spurs team couldn't do better; but I'm not gonna cliff jump. I have hope that wasn't there even two and half weeks ago.

phxspurfan
03-23-2019, 01:36 AM

CP3 sucks now

duncan2k5
03-23-2019, 01:58 AM
Stupid take tbh.

Harden posted 61 and Rockets still needed help from the refs in the 4th to win.

U don't understand basketball... That doesn't mean that's the ONLY way they can beat us... Next time scoring may be more even and they blow us out

spurs10
03-23-2019, 02:51 AM
Stupid take tbh.

Harden posted 61 and Rockets still needed help from the refs in the 4th to win. Exactly. Like Taliban can score 61 every night and there be no refs in the NBA sick of his flopping.

Trueblood
03-23-2019, 08:56 AM
Neither are we

White was playing him smarter near the end of the game (12 FT in the first, 2 in the 3rd). In a seven game series I'm convinced he would figure it out. You can't stop him, but he can be controlled

Rusty
03-23-2019, 09:03 AM
You shouldn’t fear the Rockets in the playoffs. You should be scared of Demar Derozen in the playoffs.

TheRemix
03-23-2019, 09:20 AM

GS is running a train on houston

GusT15
03-23-2019, 09:47 AM

GS is running a train on everyone.

The question at hand is who has the best puncher's chance against them.

jjktkk
03-23-2019, 09:49 AM

My god you're a drama queen! Have you always been ST's version of TMZ?

jjktkk
03-23-2019, 09:53 AM
I’d say Rockets in 6 vs it being a sweep. OP just wants to talk basketball but people on here are being too ignorant to see his point.

The problem with the OP, and a lot of times YOU, is you both over exaggerate and go to extremes, so that you can't be taken seriously and come off as a dipshit with shitty takes.

jjktkk
03-23-2019, 09:59 AM
Spurs can't contain Austin Rivers and delusional cock suckers here think we can do something against Harden? :lol

Ahh, look at the faggot ALT account that all of sudden shows up after a Spur's loss. Motherfucker you don't even watch the games, how in the fuck would you know who would win in a series?

Rummpd
03-23-2019, 10:01 AM
The Spurs have choked every single game against contenders on the road this season and people still think they can win on the road in the playoffs with teams that will actually game plan against them? Ok..

This is exactly true last night was a huge choke and unforgettable to give Harden 61

TheGreatYacht
03-23-2019, 10:07 AM
Ahh, look at the faggot ALT account that all of sudden shows up after a Spur's loss. Motherfucker you don't even watch the games, how in the fuck would you know who would win in a series?
I'm in the game threads, funny that I never see that corny ass picture of yours there. Bath water drinking faggot, I don't have a single alt account. People just agree with me more than they do a shit poster like yourself.

TDomination
03-23-2019, 10:32 AM
No sweep, maybe 6 games. We can win in Houston, if Pop realizes his mistake on letting DDR get the ball at the end of games. But if not, then yeah same results.

jjktkk
03-23-2019, 11:43 AM
I'm in the game threads, funny that I never see that corny ass picture of yours there. Bath water drinking faggot, I don't have a single alt account. People just agree with me more than they do a shit poster like yourself.

Reading box scores and analytics doesn't mean you actually know something about basketball, you realize that right? I'm a shit poster? LOL, your takes are horrible. Dumbass. :lol

TimmyBuckets
03-23-2019, 07:46 PM
OP makes valid points. Still think Spurs can make it interesting, but shitty D, DePression, and rode woes will give edge to HOU. Possible it can go to 6-7, but HOU, OKC, GSW (obv.) are biggest threats. Still think of those 3, rather play HOU for the Texas rivalry factor plus OKC has great defenders. If LMA shows up each game, its a winnable series though against rockets midgets.

RC_Drunkford
03-24-2019, 12:48 AM
Playing big with Poeltl and LA seems to be most effective against Houston. Not sure why Pop didn't start Poeltl this time, but 2 bigs would give them problems

spurs10
03-24-2019, 12:58 AM
The only reason I don't want Houston in the first round is because I hate watching games with them and GSW whether we win or lose. I fucking hate the flopping of the former and the whining of the latter. It's drag to watch them. Please let's play Denver in the first round.

Slippy
03-24-2019, 03:57 AM
You shouldn’t fear the Rockets in the playoffs. You should be scared of Demar Derozen in the playoffs.

In the 4th of every game now, this is how I pretty much feel. Which Demar are we going to get and praying he doesn't get emotional because it will certainly get the better of him.

SouthTexasRancher
03-24-2019, 05:25 AM
This team isn't going to beat any of the other 7 teams in a 7 game series. We'll never win one on the road. GSW is going to do another 4 gamer on our sorry asses. And it won't be a pretty sight. Curry got his one game rest so he's good to go. Hopefully, the Milwaukee Bucks will kick their arrogant asses in 6 games.

NameLess Scrub
03-24-2019, 08:04 AM

He'd just get buried in illegal screens.

DAF86
03-26-2019, 10:31 PM
Bucks just limited Houston to 94 pts and 36% shooting by defending them like the Spurs did in '17: overplaying the 3pt line and parking a rim protector right under the basket, allowing all the midrange jumpers in the World. That the Rockets just won't take.

R. DeMurre
03-26-2019, 10:59 PM
Bucks just limited Houston to 94 pts and 36% shooting by defending them like the Spurs did in '17: overplaying the 3pt line and parking a rim protector right under the basket, allowing all the midrange jumpers in the World. That the Rockets just won't take.

It'd be a great playoff season IMO if Houston beats GS in a seven game series, only to lose to Milwaukee in the finals.

rascal
03-26-2019, 11:01 PM
White was playing him smarter near the end of the game (12 FT in the first, 2 in the 3rd). In a seven game series I'm convinced he would figure it out. You can't stop him, but he can be controlled

Great players cannot be controlled in an entire series.

rascal
03-26-2019, 11:02 PM

Spurs don't have the players to play like that.

GusT15
03-27-2019, 03:56 AM

Hell yeah DAF,and it was a thing of beauty.

Watching Harden trying to figure out what he's supposed to do when he can't go left and watching CP3 being constantly harassed by good ol' Georgie Hill! Wonderful from Budenholzer,great stuff.

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 05:03 AM

Bucks is the best and most athletic team in the league, with no defensive sieves and a freaking monster covering any possible defensive flaw in the rotation, Spurs is just the opposite.

GusT15
03-27-2019, 09:55 AM
Bucks is the best and most athletic team in the league, with no defensive sieves and a freaking monster covering any possible defensive flaw in the rotation, Spurs is just the opposite.

I obviously agree that the Spurs don't have the defensive weapons Bucks have,but can't you see some variation of the Bucks defense last night being used by the Spurs in some shape or form to limit Harden from dropping 60?

I'm not saying we can keep him at 20 like the Bucks did but at least disrupt his whole game,make him work in uncomfortable situations for his 30?

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1110718357714526208

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 10:16 AM
I obviously agree that the Spurs don't have the defensive weapons Bucks have,but can't you see some variation of the Bucks defense last night being used by the Spurs in some shape or form to limit Harden from dropping 60?

I'm not saying we can keep him at 20 like the Bucks did but at least disrupt his whole game,make him work in uncomfortable situations for his 30?

https://twitter.com/NateDuncanNBA/status/1110718357714526208

RealGM has a thread discussing this, Bucks basically gave to Harden freedom to attack the rim (and forced him to use the weak hand) and challenged his floater, mid range, etc. I just do not believe the Spurs have the human material (in terms of size and athletic skills) to do something like this, Harden can just run over our guards.

GusT15
03-27-2019, 10:29 AM
RealGM has a topic discussing this, Bucks basically gave to Harden freedom to attack the rim (and forced him to use the weak hand) and challenged his floater, mid range, etc. I just do not believe the Spurs have the human material (in terms of size and athletic skills) to do something like this, Harden can just run over our guards.

Right,they needed to defend with a gimmicky defense against Harden's gimmicky offense (stepback 3,draw foul,left hand drive,teardrop,alley oop).Defend his left hand sideways,take away the stepback and the draw contact,force right hand drive,meet him at the rim with a rim stopper.

I will agree that Derrick White is not enough to enforce such a strategy like Bledsoe and Hill.(And yes,Giannis covers defensive fuck ups constantly)
But we do have Poodle who is a pretty good rim protector,we do have White and we will get Murray back next year.

What i'm trying to say is,i can see us dealing with Houston better next year of course,but if we happen to meet them in the first round this year,we should give it a go and see how it plays out.

SwansonInSibagat
03-27-2019, 10:54 AM
OP is just a scared little "fan". He follows the Spurs but is just too afraid to get his heart ripped to shreds by the team falling short again. So he resorts to resigning to a doomed fate, in advance. Tempers the pain, he thinks.

Be brave for once, OP.

SwansonInSibagat
03-27-2019, 10:56 AM
GS is running a train on everyone.

The question at hand is who has the best puncher's chance against them.

Except the Spurs. i wonder why that is?

GusT15
03-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Except the Spurs. i wonder why that is?

What? Use your reading abilities before you quote me again please.

There wasn't a HOUvsGS game during this comment was posted

So it obviously implied that the Warriors will destroy the Rockets in the playoffs as a prediction.

To which i replied that the Warriors are expected to destroy everybody in the playoffs.

The Spurs included of course.

You think the Spurs will beat GS in the playoffs? Go bet some money on it,get rich buddy,enjoy life.

Trueblood
03-27-2019, 11:10 AM
Great players cannot be controlled in an entire series.

Point taken. Perhaps controlled is to strong a word. Let's go with limited. Make the rest of the team beat us and keep him off the line

DAF86
03-27-2019, 12:59 PM
Spurs don't have the players to play like that.

When a team stupidly refuses to take wide open midrange jumpers you can defend them with whomever you want. That's why Patty Mills looked like a Harden stopper in 2017.

DAF86
03-27-2019, 01:00 PM

in 2017 we stopped Houston with Mills guarding Harden and Gasol patrolling the paint.

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 01:21 PM
in 2017 we stopped Houston with Mills guarding Harden and Gasol patrolling the paint.

although I agree that we did a good job at Harden (24 ppg on 41/30/83), it was not just Mills who defended Harden in this series (we had moments with Murray, Simmons, Kawhi, Danny and Manu on Harden),
so it was not exactly Mills in Harden for 7 games what occurred in that series, the coverage also exerts a big factor in this form of defense

DAF86
03-27-2019, 01:26 PM
although I agree that we did a good job at Harden (24 ppg on 41/30/83), it was not just Mills who defended Harden in this series (we had moments with Murray, Simmons, Kawhi, Danny and Manu on Harden),
so it was not exactly Mills in Harden for 7 games what occurred in that series, the coverage also exerts a big factor in this form of defense

That's exactly my point. It doesn't matter all that much who you personally put to guard Harden. It is a global job that relies more on smart scheming and execution than individual ability.

r0drig0lac
03-27-2019, 01:34 PM
That's exactly my point. It doesn't matter all that much who you personally put to guard Harden. It is a global job that relies more on smart scheming and execution than individual ability.

unfortunately the league gave even more benefits to the attack this season (the nba entered a new era in 2019 imo), so the primary defender today has more importance than it had in 2017 (I will not even get into the question of the roster that was defensively two levels above the current)

DAF86
03-27-2019, 02:05 PM
unfortunately the league gave even more benefits to the attack this season (the nba entered a new era in 2019 imo), so the primary defender today has more importance than it had in 2017 (I will not even get into the question of the roster that was defensively two levels above the current)

Having the best defensive PG in the entire league isn't that bad, tbh.

Dverde
04-08-2019, 10:56 AM
Spurs beat Mavs, Rox beats OKC, Jazz beats Nuggs. 2 playing 7. It’s happening.

https://i.imgflip.com/nvyqf.jpg

DAF86
04-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Spurs beat Mavs, Rox beats OKC, Jazz beats Nuggs. 2 playing 7. It’s happening.

https://i.imgflip.com/nvyqf.jpg

If the Spurs beat the Mavs and the Rockets beat OKC. The Spurs finish 6th, not 7th.

DAF86
04-08-2019, 01:40 PM
Rockets' record and stats look impressive post ASG, but, somehow, I still think they are beatable with a smart defensive plan. Their offense looks so gimmicky.

Dex
04-08-2019, 01:45 PM
Rockets' record and stats look impressive post ASG, but, somehow, I still think they are beatable with a smart defensive plan. Their offense looks so gimmicky.

It looks gimmicky because it is gimmicky. If they are making threes, they are near unbeatable...if not, they are just another good team.

Their luck almost held out long enough to beat GSW last season though, so...

DAF86
04-08-2019, 01:59 PM
It looks gimmicky because it is gimmicky. If they are making threes, they are near unbeatable...if not, they are just another good team.

Their luck almost held out long enough to beat GSW last season though, so...

Their 3 pt shooting is the least gimmicky thing about their offense, tbh.

I'm talking about the over reliance on one-on-one basketball and foul drawing (mainly from Harden).

I feel like a smart defensive shceme would be able to seriously limit them.

-Avoid fouling at all cost. Specially dumb fouls in jumpers and reach arounds.
-Stay with the shooters. Limit spot up threes opportunites.
-Limit pick and roll efficiency by either switching or playing like the Spurs did in '17 and the Bucks did not too long ago: with the guard defender going over the screen and overplaying the 3 pt line while the screen defender sits way back waiting for the drive.

Basically, just let Harden, Paul and Gordon play all the one-on-one basketball they want, preferrably baiting them into taking step back jumpers. If they beat you that way, then hats off.

ZeusWillJudge
04-08-2019, 02:15 PM
Basically, just let Harden, Paul and Gordon play all the one-on-one basketball they want, preferrably baiting them into taking step back jumpers. If they beat you that way, then hats off.

That, plus prevent the refs from sending Harden to the FT line 11 times per game. I bet his ex-teammate D-Mo knows how to do that, and that's why they brought him over.

spurs10
04-08-2019, 02:51 PM
If the Spurs beat the Mavs and the Rockets beat OKC. The Spurs finish 6th, not 7th. Exactly that Thunder Rockets game determines a lot, but could be undone by the Nuggets or Blazers....I'm more concerned about Houston staying in 3rd even if they do beat Thunder...Thunder wins and we likely stay in 7 and play the Kind Buds. :smokin

Dverde
04-08-2019, 03:02 PM
The tanker in me wants drop to eighth for the slightly better pick. I actually think we got a better shot against the Warriors than the Rockets. I’d still pick Warriors overall, Rockets seem to have our number this year.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-10-2019, 11:10 PM
Rockets in 4

marinoman
04-10-2019, 11:44 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/SoQcIjAZloKR2/giphy.gif
We’re not even playing them

GusT15
04-15-2019, 11:26 AM
RealGM has a thread discussing this, Bucks basically gave to Harden freedom to attack the rim (and forced him to use the weak hand) and challenged his floater, mid range, etc. I just do not believe the Spurs have the human material (in terms of size and athletic skills) to do something like this, Harden can just run over our guards.

Shoutout to rodrigolac,if the Jazz personnel can't use the gimmicky "stay on Harden's left hand" strategy,no chance in hell the Spurs could use that strategy as well.

Maybe it just works with Bledsoe and Giannis covering him.Oh boy it was brutal last night.

https://twitter.com/FIVEmag/status/1117705699457404930

Mugen
04-15-2019, 11:41 AM
:lol No intelligent Spurs fan on the board thinks they could have hanged with Houston in the 1st round tbh, only straight retards.....

Now if you catch them in the WCF after CP3 gets hurt....

phxspurfan
04-15-2019, 12:23 PM
:lol at anyone who actually wanted to play the 2nd best team in the West in round 1. Shame. Shame. Shame. Shame.

phxspurfan
04-15-2019, 12:27 PM
Shoutout to rodrigolac,if the Jazz personnel can't use the gimmicky "stay on Harden's left hand" strategy,no chance in hell the Spurs could use that strategy as well.

Maybe it just works with Bledsoe and Giannis covering him.Oh boy it was brutal last night.

Problem with this defense is the open shooters due to his gravity. See Mitchell and Gobert rotating to cover the drive and Gordon wide open with no hands up to deter the pass, either. With longer defenders this might actually work.

spurraider21
04-15-2019, 01:21 PM
its one thing to stay on his left hand. rubio literally stood behind him :lmao

that had nothing to do with rubio's size/length... that was just awful execution

DAF86
04-15-2019, 01:38 PM

That was awful defense by the Jazz, tbh.

One thing is to overplay the 3 pt line, but another is just to gift him a straight line attack. Another important thing is that the rest of the defenders need to remain disciplined and stay with their shooters. There's no point in overplaying Harden's off the drible 3 just to allow an easier spot up 3. That's just retarded.

Also, they need to mix it up a bit. One possession overplay Harden's 3 and on the other stay in front and bait him into taking a contested step back three.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2019, 01:59 PM

One thing is to overplay the 3 pt line, but another is just to gift him a straight line attack. Another important thing is that the rest of the defenders need to remain disciplined and stay with their shooters. There's no point in overplaying Harden's off the drible 3 just to allow an easier spot up 3. That's just retarded.

Also, they need to mix it up a bit. One possession overplay Harden's 3 and on the other stay in front and bait him into taking a contested step back three.

Do you think the Spurs can push the Rockets to 6 games?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-15-2019, 02:00 PM
double

phxspurfan
04-15-2019, 02:06 PM
The defensive scheme is not just to stay on his left hand. It's to stay on his left side to prevent the lefty drive (his obviously strong side), and also to prevent the step back 3. Basically to allow dribble penetration into the zone everyone knows Rockettes don't play, the mid range. Again, the problem is guys left their mans and shooters got open. But similar schemes have been successfully played before.

Multiple teams loaded up on Manu's left side all the time and said don't let him go left. Multiple times this was tried he passed them left anyway, after a lot of off-ball movement to get them on their heels. Also, Bowen did this on Nash to guard against the pass and make Nash a shooter. Also lots of guys tried this on CP3 before CP3 regressed to be Andre Miller.

See Manu do this successfully to James on this block. He stayed on the left hand just like he was coached to do. He had the length to block the shot.

mdf9UGW8gDY

spurraider21
04-15-2019, 02:10 PM
thats a lot easier when theres 4 seconds on the clock and you know they have to shoot a 3 pointer :lol

DAF86
04-15-2019, 02:26 PM
Do you think the Spurs can push the Rockets to 6 games?

Yeah, I think they could. We have play them close this season and Pop owns D'antoni.

r0drig0lac
04-15-2019, 04:10 PM
its one thing to stay on his left hand. rubio literally stood behind him :lmao

that had nothing to do with rubio's size/length... that was just awful execution

GusT15
04-15-2019, 04:37 PM
Problem with this defense is the open shooters due to his gravity. See Mitchell and Gobert rotating to cover the drive and Gordon wide open with no hands up to deter the pass, either. With longer defenders this might actually work.

We're not conversing if it can work theoretically,we've seen it work.It most definitely diminishes Harden's impact on the game.

And we also covered that it needs a good on ball defender that can physically keep up with Harden's pushing,fast,lengthy alert wings filling the passing lanes and a good to great rim protector.

The debate was if the Spurs can apply this form of defense or not.Yes,the Jazz,executed it terribly,and yes D.White probably does a better work at that than Rubio,but we have neither the wings or the rim protection,and after seeing Utah failing miserable,i'm not at all confident we would do better.

DAF86
04-15-2019, 06:18 PM
We're not conversing if it can work theoretically,we've seen it work.It most definitely diminishes Harden's impact on the game.

And we also covered that it needs a good on ball defender that can physically keep up with Harden's pushing,fast,lengthy alert wings filling the passing lanes and a good to great rim protector.

The debate was if the Spurs can apply this form of defense or not.Yes,the Jazz,executed it terribly,and yes D.White probably does a better work at that than Rubio,but we have neither the wings or the rim protection,and after seeing Utah failing miserable,i'm not at all confident we would do better.

What I'm telling you it's, that whatever it is that the Jazz did on game 1, that shit was not the type of defense the Spurs apllied in '17 and the Bucks this season.

It was not a problem of personel, it was a problem of scheming. The Spurs pulled it off with Patty Millls and Pau Gasol in 2017 because they had the right scheme. I don't know what kind of abortion the Jazz tried in game 1, but it definitely wasn't that. They might have tried to go for it but they got all the vital points wrong, tbh.

GusT15
04-15-2019, 06:29 PM
What I'm telling you it's, that whatever it is that the Jazz did on game 1, that shit was not the type of defense the Spurs apllied in '17 and the Bucks this season.

It was not a problem of personel, it was a problem of scheming. The Spurs pulled it off with Patty Millls and Pau Gasol in 2017 because they had the right scheme. I don't know what kind of abortion the Jazz tried in game 1, but it definitely wasn't that. They might have tried to go for it but they got all the vital points wrong, tbh.

Gobert was constantly out of position,too early or too late to close up the drive,the floor was spread so Harden was basically going left after going past main defender,the wings were not moving and generally everything was going to shit.
An abortion,just like you said.

I still do not trust THIS years Spurs to work the scheme to perfection.I will monitor the Utah-Houston series to see how Quin Snyder responds cause for a defensive wizard that was a horrible excuse of a defensive effort.

gambit1990
04-15-2019, 08:15 PM
we should all know who DDR is by now... wouldn't be surprised if he scored 38 points in one PO game and then 9 points in the next one.

gambit1990
04-21-2019, 12:24 AM
HOU winning game 3 in utah with harden shooting 3 for 20 :lol

the point god came thru :tu