PDA

View Full Version : Quick Game Grades Vs Rockets

Kobe'sAchilles
03-22-2019, 09:43 PM
The Good: The Spurs fought hard on the boards and finished even with the Rockets. We also only had one more turnover than the Rockets and considering we were on the road, that will put us in position more times than not to win. The Spurs defense also showed up today in a big way by having 1 more steal than the Rockets and 3 more blocks. Overall, I like the effort on that side of the ball and the statistics state that we were up to the challenge of guarding the Rockets, but like Pop says: :pop: they just hit shots.

Bryn Forbes had a really good game offensively and i was surprised by how poised he was tonight considering he had been a tad bit off in the last couple of outings. He shot the ball really well and played admirably on defense. He hustled his arse off on that side of the ball, whether when he was switched onto Harden or when he was the double man in charge of trapping Harden. He gets his usual A- grade.

The bad: I can't really think of anything too bad about this game. It was a typical trap game on the road that clearly meant more to Houston than it did San Antonio. Houston is fighting for their playoff lives while the Spurs pretty much have their seeding wrapped up. Harden made some shots down the end but I thought the good guys did an excellent job slowing him down tonight. Credit to Pop for having his guys ready to play. I can't fault Pop too much for Harden's 61 points and tbh against any other team, Harden might've gone off for 80 with the way he was shooting.

LMA was a bit off in the first half, but I credit him for having a big second half and leading the troops to make this game competitive.

On to the next game against the hapless Boston Celtics. I will be in attendence and am looking forward to a victory from the good guys.

phxspurfan
03-22-2019, 09:49 PM
In the spirit of March Madness, here is some footage of Forbes shitting on fools when he was at Michigan State

82YFK67dN8U

boutons_deux
03-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Houston is fighting for their playoff lives

WTF? HOU is just about guaranteed 3rd or 4th seed, HCA in first round.

sananspursfan21
03-22-2019, 09:51 PM
Stealing timvp’s thunder, nice :downspin:

TheGreatYacht
03-22-2019, 10:24 PM
The bad: Bertans and Pop

/thread