PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge: I keep telling Damian Lillard I’ll return to Trail Blazers

Pages : [1] 2

spursparker9
03-22-2019, 10:48 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/lamarcus-aldridge-keep-telling-damian-140055526.html

Xx_SpursNation_xX
03-22-2019, 11:01 PM
He can leave with his softball, we'll never win with him anyway.

tmtcsc
03-22-2019, 11:04 PM
GTFO then.

slick'81
03-22-2019, 11:13 PM
Jesus did lma really say this recently !?

weeks
03-22-2019, 11:22 PM
It's probably best for both parties. Could you imagine sacrificing glitz and glamor for a chance to compete for a championship..now look where the team is at.
Go back to dame LMA this team is gonna be mediocre for a bit w

widowmaker
03-22-2019, 11:23 PM
good go.

timtonymanu
03-22-2019, 11:24 PM
He’s not ringing any time during his career so might as well lol

DeRozan m8
03-22-2019, 11:34 PM
WTF?

Surely he didn't say this?

If so, GET THE FUCK OUT NOW.

FUCK OFF

Rusty
03-22-2019, 11:37 PM
he doesn't want that loyalty contract that RC Drunkford will give him in the future? :wtf

ZeusWillJudge
03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
Leave now. If you're going to talk about leaving, you need to leave. You don't even have to fake an injury.

Mikeanaro
03-23-2019, 12:18 AM
Maybe he goes there for less money, Nurkic happened and he is real so its not like POR is dying to have him back again.

Hoops Czar
03-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Lilliard probably won't be a Blazer in two years so LMA will be going back to Portland to play by himself.

Millennial_Messiah
03-23-2019, 01:05 AM
If he leaves we can get Kawhi back, I'm all for that.

Rusty
03-23-2019, 01:19 AM

what makes you think Kawhi wants to come back? :lol

Degoat
03-23-2019, 01:43 AM
Not that I want him gone or anything but what do y’all think his trade value would be?

duncan2k5
03-23-2019, 01:56 AM
Hate to say I told you so, but...

TimDunkem
03-23-2019, 02:17 AM
he doesn't want that loyalty contract that RC Drunkford will give him in the future? :wtf

This is actually good news.

UnWantedTheory
03-23-2019, 02:20 AM
Hate to say I told you so, but...
Bullshit. You love doing so, and do it often. This doesn't mean much though.

Spurtacular
03-23-2019, 02:27 AM
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. It's not like he's an incarnation of Tim Duncan or something.

duncan2k5
03-23-2019, 02:28 AM
Bullshit. You love doing so, and do it often. This doesn't mean much though.

Well that's true... Lol

monty4329
03-23-2019, 03:29 AM
I'll trade him for Nurkic in a heartbeat.

DAF86
03-23-2019, 03:40 AM
Please trade him.

Slippy
03-23-2019, 03:45 AM
Nothing new here. This is the regurgitated quote from Jason quick a few weeks ago. It 'll get more run by the off-season

timvp
03-23-2019, 04:24 AM
Nothing new here. This is the regurgitated quote from Jason quick a few weeks ago. It 'll get more run by the off-season

Exactly. Nothingburger, tbh. He wants to end his career in Portland. That's fine.

Play the rest of your productive seasons in San Antonio and then go get your Pau Gasol loyalty contract in Portland :tu

Slippy
03-23-2019, 04:32 AM
Wouldn't mind seeing him finish out in Texas attracting Lilllard to spurs at same time. Allow me to dream.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2019, 05:14 AM
bowing to this pos cause he was upset not getting enough touches, at the expense of upsetting kawhi...

lol patfo loyalty to a guy whose only played 1 full season with the team, compared to the guy the spurs developed into a superstar? wtf patfo

RD2191
03-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Exactly. Nothingburger, tbh. He wants to end his career in Portland. That's fine.

Play the rest of your productive seasons in San Antonio and then go get your Pau Gasol loyalty contract in Portland :tu

Naw, fuck LMA. If he's thinking about Portland then he's not focusing 100% on the Spurs. He can gtfo tbh.

r0drig0lac
03-23-2019, 06:18 AM
idgaf

Thomas82
03-23-2019, 10:01 AM
Jesus did lma really say this recently !?

Yes he did.

TDomination
03-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Yes, and he's been saying it for a couple of weeks now.
or did he say it one time and just been repeated?

Degoat
03-23-2019, 10:37 AM
Think he asks for a trade before his contract ends?

Thomas82
03-23-2019, 10:52 AM
Naw, fuck LMA. If he's thinking about Portland then he's not focusing 100% on the Spurs. He can gtfo tbh.

+1

Thomas82
03-23-2019, 10:59 AM
or did he say it one time and just been repeated?

Yeah, you might be right.

Thomas82
03-23-2019, 11:00 AM
Think he asks for a trade before his contract ends?

I wouldn't rule it out, but if it was up to me I would try to move him on draft night.

BackHome
03-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Fake news now in Spurs Forum OMG. Lol

spursistan
03-23-2019, 12:01 PM
These new age NBA stars are absolutely embarrassing. They throw their toys out of the pram because of competing egos and then, few years later, they kiss and make up like its nothing.

This is some high school sorority shit as TD21 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=908) called it :lol..

Spurs should swiftly cut bait and send him home if he starts acting his wish..

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-23-2019, 12:19 PM
Dude is going to be 34 years old and heading down. Let's be happy he won't get the Gasol treatment. Thanks for making the Spurs relevant for now in your good years! Cannot wait to see you move slower and bring the Blazers down. Imagine if we could always have Ayers in their prime and get rid of them before the decline?

ZeusWillJudge
03-23-2019, 12:32 PM

Exactly. If he wants to go, he's entitled to go. And I don't care about his private pillow talk with Lilliard. While he's here, he needs to be 100% here, and he clearly isn't. Buh'bye.

John B
03-23-2019, 12:32 PM
Demar is leading the scoring. It’s no news for Aldridge. He doesn’t like to be the 2nd fiddle, because it affects his valuable stat and his bid to greatness. Pop should sit with him, before it’s too late like Kawhi. Trade him while his stock is relatively high. I’d package him for whatever for Davis, if Pelicans would take him. I doubt they would be interested. But he Aldridge could pad stats there all season.

sasaint
03-23-2019, 12:39 PM
Demar is leading the scoring. It’s no news for Aldridge. He doesn’t like to be the 2nd fiddle, because it affects his valuable stock and his bid to greatness. Pop should sit with him, before it’s too late like Kawhi. Trade him while his stock is relatively high. I’d package him for whatever for Davis, if Pelicans would take him. I doubt they would be interested. But he Aldridge could pad stats there all season.

I advocated offering LMA plus PLENTY for Davis back when LA was tampering before the deadline. I think LMA would interest the Pelicans. If they trade Davis, they will need a big to replace him, and LMA is an "All-star."

John B
03-23-2019, 01:31 PM
I advocated offering LMA plus PLENTY for Davis back when LA was tampering before the deadline. I think LMA would interest the Pelicans. If they trade Davis, they will need a big to replace him, and LMA is an "All-star."
LMA and Demar? Throw in Patty or Forbes too. I think we’re 1 too many short PG. And even 2nd round or Raptors 1st?

NickiRasgo
03-23-2019, 01:36 PM
I actually wanted him to back there for a decent pieces and send DeMar as well somewhere else or back to Toronto. lol Just build around the youngsters. We won't win anytime soon with these two so why not trade them while they have value. I'm kinda more interested watching the youngster plays.

sasaint
03-23-2019, 01:38 PM
I actually wanted him to back there for a decent pieces and send DeMar as well somewhere else or back to Toronto. lol Just build around the youngsters. We won't win anytime soon with these two so why not trade them while they have value. I'm kinda more interested watching the youngster plays.

Yep. DumbMar eats up way too much salary.

NickiRasgo
03-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Yep. DumbMar eats up way too much salary.

Hopes CJ request a trade. Then just trade these two to CJ and Nurkic + filler (too match the salary) for LMA and DeRozan + pick/s or something (not named Murray, White and Walker).

sasaint
03-23-2019, 01:48 PM
LMA and Demar? Throw in Patty or Forbes too. I think we’re 1 too many short PG. And even 2nd round or Raptors 1st?

Patty isn't going anywhere. His contract would add another $11.5MM to the trade, making it even more difficult. LMA and DumbMar would total +/- $50MM, so we would have to take back some ballast from New Orleans. I don't think we could also get Jrue. Moreover, if we got Jrue, I think we would need to declutter the backcourt. I think LMA plus one of our young guys, plus multiple picks would be required. But I DO think the Pels would be interested in LMA.

spursfan09
03-23-2019, 02:00 PM
So like nobody wants to be a spur or take pride in being one. Why?

GusT15
03-23-2019, 02:03 PM
So like nobody wants to be a spur or take pride in being one. Why?

Cause having a drill Sergeant Head Coach in a small market NBA team when you have no chance of winning the LOB is not fun for 2019 players.

John B
03-23-2019, 02:05 PM
Demar convolutes Spurs offense with not able to hit the 3. He would do the same to Davis’ offense unless he starts hitting the 3 this summer. LMA/Demar arguably is even better than Davis/Demar because of Aldridge outside shooting. With Murray, another 3pt-challenged player, it’s hard to keep Demar.

spursfan09
03-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Well I think pop may be the prob

cd021
03-23-2019, 05:39 PM
Don't see the big deal. LMA probably will play his final season Portland. That doesn't mean that he isn't committed to the Spurs. After next season, he'll turn 36 in the off-season. That might be when he jumps ship.

phxspurfan
03-23-2019, 05:47 PM
He's 34 this year IIRC. Who cares if he goes to Portland at 36

Texas_Ranger
03-23-2019, 07:28 PM
how will we replace this soft vagina? First Pau and now LMA... it will be sad day when he goes. :(

BillMc
03-23-2019, 07:49 PM

True. But we get the remaining good years. It's like telling your first wife you'll come back to her when your mistress get's ugly

ZeusWillJudge
03-23-2019, 08:09 PM
True. But we get the remaining good years. It's like telling your first wife you'll come back to her when your mistress get's ugly

LOL. If your wife tells you that she's thinking about going back to her old boyfriend? Not now... but probably in a couple of years?

I'm pretty sure the correct response is, "I'll help you pack. Today."

Even better if you have an opportunity to trade her for someone else.

TimmyBuckets
03-23-2019, 08:16 PM

how will we replace this soft vagina? First Pau and now LMA... it will be sad day when he goes. :(

:lmao

wildcardX
03-23-2019, 09:09 PM

As long as his uncle stays in another country.

Down Under
03-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Could be good if it happens. His value is still high, despite his age - he's had his 2 best seasons of his career last year & this year in terms of efficiency & it would probably allow Poeltl to start next year & we could return to more of a motion offense.

$pursDynasty
03-23-2019, 10:08 PM
Exactly just like MVParker will retire a Spur, Hornets don't care why should we?

sasaint
03-23-2019, 10:13 PM
As long as we get something for LMA.

Xx_SpursNation_xX
03-23-2019, 10:54 PM
You won't get much for him, the league knows he's a pussy with no winning instinct.

Slippy
03-24-2019, 12:30 AM
This much ado about nothing. Imo LA is appeasing the trail blazers because he made overtures about returning there. My recollection spurs scapegoated him after the WCfinals. He asked Lillard about returning . He then signed an extension with the spurs soon after. LAMARCUS strung the blazers along so feels compelled to give back. It's just talk at the end of the day.

bdictjames
03-24-2019, 12:36 AM
I don't blame the guy. He was the guy back in Portland. We just need to start all over again, and not have a superstar who doesn't wanna play here in our laps.

exstatic
03-24-2019, 09:25 AM
What he’s not realizing is that by the time his contract is up, Lillard will be 31, and our bevy of young guards will be tearing up the league, but, go ahead, LMA, go on back home to Portland.

Mugen
03-24-2019, 12:00 PM
:lol Why would anybody be mad at LMA, him leaving after his contract is up (or even within the next 2 years) would be great for this franchise tbh. Even better if the Spurs can get some assets out of it....

sasaint
03-24-2019, 12:27 PM
:lol Why would anybody be mad at LMA, him leaving after his contract is up (or even within the next 2 years) would be great for this franchise tbh. Even better if the Spurs can get some assets out of it....

If the narrative about FAs not wanting to come to SA is true, then we definitely need to get something in trade.

ZeusWillJudge
03-24-2019, 01:21 PM

I'm not mad at him about him wanting to go somewhere else. I'm mad at him talking publicly about wanting to go play somewhere else, while he's still supposed to be a part of this team.

I don't like that when it involves some other team, for that matter. Want what you want. Go to your management privately and ask for a trade, if that's what you need to do. Don't shit on the guys who are on your team by airing this stuff publicly.

tim_duncan_fan
03-24-2019, 01:54 PM
Team loyalty is ruined on account of professional sports owners being massive fucking dicks, with few exceptions.

There's no sense being adherent to any one team when you have to make yourself understand that you are a hired gun at best in most situations and an inmate if you play Houston football.

Unfortunately, it is only logical that loyalty should be to self for the players, just like owner loyalty is to self.

Players can play anywhere and they know that, these days.

I am slightly annoyed by this, but it's hard to blame him.

UnWantedTheory
03-24-2019, 10:23 PM
He is 33 this year. Just saying.

jmard5
03-24-2019, 10:29 PM
This thing is a bit overblown. Much like Parker's comments about Kawhi's injury.

south side spur
07-18-2019, 08:51 AM
Get this loser out of here ASAP. Addition by subtraction. Less of a leader than Kawhi was with the Spurs. I can’t stand Jabari but hopefully he’s right.
https://www.blazersedge.com/2019/7/16/20696569/nba-trade-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-portland-trail-blazers-san-antonio-spurs

Dverde
07-18-2019, 09:06 AM
Get this loser out of here ASAP. Addition by subtraction. Less of a leader than Kawhi was with the Spurs. I can’t stand Jabari but hopefully he’s right.
https://www.blazersedge.com/2019/7/16/20696569/nba-trade-rumors-lamarcus-aldridge-portland-trail-blazers-san-antonio-spurs

LMA hates Jabari. I wouldn’t believe this at all.

spurspl
07-18-2019, 09:06 AM

truu, he should be traded after kawhi trade.

Uriel
07-18-2019, 09:15 AM
He’ll play out the next two years of his contract and then return to the Blazers when he’s past his prime for his farewell tour. I don’t see any problem with that.

spurspl
07-18-2019, 09:16 AM
He’ll play out the next two years of his contract and then return to the Blazers when he’s past his prime for his farewell tour. I don’t see any problem with that.

probably but we wont get any pieces for him

ZeusWillJudge
07-18-2019, 09:19 AM
The Blazers, who likely wouldn’t mind acquiring another high-quality big man, have multiple large expiring contracts this coming season that could be used in trade, if San Antonio decides it’s time to change the direction of their team. Hassan Whiteside (https://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/111947/hassan-whiteside) is making $27.1 million, and Kent Bazemore (https://www.sbnation.com/nba/players/297067/kent-bazemore) will earn just over $19 million.

Am I reading that right? He's speculating that the Spurs might trade LMA for Whiteside or Bazemore? Could they at least throw in Anthony Tolliver as a kicker?

I can see why Portland would want that. They would have gone further in the playoffs if Nurkic hadn't gone down late, and Aldridge would make them better even before Nurkic returns in February. But what the hell would the Spurs get? A late draft pick? Nassir Little? Nah? The Spurs would ask, and the Blazers would say no, and that would be it. (Not that Little would transform the Spurs.) This rumor is so crappy, it's probably true.

Seems more likely.

spurspl
07-18-2019, 09:27 AM
Am I reading that right? He's speculating that the Spurs might trade LMA for Whiteside or Bazemore? Could they at least throw in Anthony Tolliver as a kicker?

I can see why Portland would want that. They would have gone further in the playoffs if Nurkic hadn't gone down late, and Aldridge would make them better even before Nurkic returns in February. But what the hell would the Spurs get? A late draft pick? Nassir Little? Nah? The Spurs would ask, and the Blazers would say no, and that would be it. (Not that Little would transform the Spurs.) This rumor is so crappy, it's probably true.

Seems more likely.

didint mean to trading him to portland bc its obvious that they have no pieces to make this happen dude

ZeusWillJudge
07-18-2019, 10:02 AM
didint mean to trading him to portland bc its obvious that they have no pieces to make this happen dude

You didn't read the article, did you... dude? That's the only thing the article is about. It comes right out and says that Aldridge could be going to Portland sooner rather than later, and then talks about the Blazers having some big expiring contracts that could be used in trade. For fuck's sake dude, I even quoted that part in my post.

The article is talking about trading LMA this season, and you want to bitch me by saying that it isn't talking about a trade? It's a shame the search feature is disabled. I'm sure your first 14 posts are real gems.

Chucho
07-18-2019, 10:07 AM

/Thread. Everything else in this thread is typical STers blabbing to hear themselves.

GusT15
07-18-2019, 10:09 AM
/Thread. Everything else in this thread is typical STers blabbing to hear themselves.

I wouldn't blame the forum on this one.This is all on that stupid mofo Jabari Young.He's the one that is making a fuss about this constantly.

Collins21
07-18-2019, 10:09 AM
You didn't read the article, did you... dude? That's the only thing the article is about. It comes right out and says that Aldridge could be going to Portland sooner rather than later, and then talks about the Blazers having some big expiring contracts that could be used in trade. For fuck's sake dude, I even quoted that part in my post.

The article is talking about trading LMA this season, and you want to bitch me by saying that it isn't talking about a trade? It's a shame the search feature is disabled. I'm sure your first 14 posts are real gems.

Only Problem is Young is backtracking all ready and now he's saying he meant the earliest that LA could go back to Portland is 2020.

spurspl
07-18-2019, 10:22 AM

i did read. First of all he wont go to the blazers now bc they have no assets. Second, there are two options: trade him now to another team(which i propose to and think it should be done earlier, but its just my opinion) or let leave after his contract for nothing. Third and last, calm down

RC_Drunkford
07-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Spurs would never trade LA to a western conference team in the first place. And definitley not the best player on their entire roster. Definitely not for trash like Whiteside and Bazemore. I would even keep him for the 2020/21 season cause 24 million is great value for that type of player. They can explore the market next offseason with the partial guaranteed 7 million, but I wouldn't mind to keep him. His game should age well

TheCerebral1
07-18-2019, 11:48 AM
The Trailblazers can have him back without a moment's hesitation. 1st round pick, and a prospect big.

MoSpur02
07-18-2019, 11:56 AM
:lmao @Jabari.

exstatic
07-18-2019, 11:57 AM
:lmao @Jabari.

alpha_HaZE
07-19-2019, 01:20 AM
If we were to trade him, the way Clippers did with CP3 to the Rockets; for a bunch of young players without getting much money back,sure, especially If we can get Nassir Little and Mario Hezonja, I would do it in a heartbeat, but not for Whiteside or Bazemore as that guy suggests. I doubt Portland goes for it thought. So yes, pointless article.

NickiRasgo
07-19-2019, 02:22 AM
If we were to trade him, the way Clippers did with CP3 to the Rockets; for a bunch of young players without getting much money back,sure, especially If we can get Nassir Little and Mario Hezonja, I would do it in a heartbeat, but not for Whiteside or Bazemore as that guy suggests. I doubt Portland goes for it thought. So yes, pointless article.

I don't mind the two because their contract will expire next off-season.
If they trade for LMA, hope they take Mills back too.

Twisted_Dawg
07-19-2019, 03:42 AM

This is a horrible, horrible attempt at journalism. I would call it a piece of shit, but that would be demeaning to shit.

The byline is dated July 16, 2019 indicating its new. Its from the Portland SBNATION site from a guy who writes for Rip City Mornings who interviewed "Spurs insider Jabari Young" about an old rumor or story from three months ago. And that three month old story by Young was indeed a regurgitation of a then three week old story. But the July 16, 2019 story makes it appear that "Spurs insider Jabari Young" is breaking a new story.

I love the internet and information flow, but the internet and cable TV outlets are so full of bad writers and commentators writing pieces or giving commentary based on sources they allegedly have all to justify getting paid. Or even desperatly regurgitating a three month old story.

A story about a conversation two old friends and teammates had about LMA returning to his original team to close out his career. Very lame piece that did get a few clicks including mine.

Sanjohnny2018
07-19-2019, 06:51 AM
He can go back to Portland along with his touches and fade-away jumpers

picnroll
07-19-2019, 08:29 AM
Whatever happened to Johnny Ludden? :depressed

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-19-2019, 09:56 AM
:cry Soft-ridge :cry

beirmeistr
07-19-2019, 09:59 AM
Whatever happened to Johnny Ludden? :depressed

I think he’s making cough drops

exstatic
07-19-2019, 10:18 AM

Nassir Little dropped like a rock in the draft because he was busted for cocaine. He was let off because he played for UNC and he ratted out his boys. Forget about Nassir Little. He’ll never be a Spur.

BackHome
07-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Who the fuck is this Jabari girl people keep talking about?

tmtcsc
07-19-2019, 11:55 AM
Nassir Little dropped like a rock in the draft because he was busted for cocaine. He was let off because he played for UNC and he ratted out his boys. Forget about Nassir Little. He’ll never be a Spur.

If you need any more reason to think he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he was asked what he could bring to the Spurs in a pre-draft combine interview. He said he saw himself being another Kawhi for the Spurs. Just......delusional, uninformed and too soon....Lol, comparing himself to Kawhi Leonard without one day in the NBA & not realizing what a prick and headache he was outside of 3 victories against the Heat.

tmtcsc
07-19-2019, 11:59 AM

This is a horrible, horrible attempt at journalism. I would call it a piece of shit, but that would be demeaning to shit.

The byline is dated July 16, 2019 indicating its new. Its from the Portland SBNATION site from a guy who writes for Rip City Mornings who interviewed "Spurs insider Jabari Young" about an old rumor or story from three months ago. And that three month old story by Young was indeed a regurgitation of a then three week old story. But the July 16, 2019 story makes it appear that "Spurs insider Jabari Young" is breaking a new story.

I love the internet and information flow, but the internet and cable TV outlets are so full of bad writers and commentators writing pieces or giving commentary based on sources they allegedly have all to justify getting paid. Or even desperatly regurgitating a three month old story.

A story about a conversation two old friends and teammates had about LMA returning to his original team to close out his career. Very lame piece that did get a few clicks including mine.

Jobroni Young sold his soul to the devil when he cozied up to Uncle Dennis. He spewed positive PR and "he's coming back soon" nonsense for Uncle Dennis in exchange for BREAKING NEWS material. He was ghosted by Dennis when Nephew went to Toronto. You could see the disappointment on Jabroni's face when fat puke Don Harris mentioned it during their Sunday night Sports Hack show. That shit was priceless.

ThaBigFundamental21
07-19-2019, 12:07 PM
Jabari Young? Well, this is 100% not credible. How do these guys get and keep jobs?! Aldridge isnt going anywhere. Moving on to the next shitty trade rumor.

ZeusWillJudge
07-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Only Problem is Young is backtracking all ready and now he's saying he meant the earliest that LA could go back to Portland is 2020.

LOL. Yeah, he's backtracking now. The problem is, this is what he said:
"The Blazers, who likely wouldn’t mind acquiring another high-quality big man, have multiple large expiring contracts this coming season that could be used in trade."

The Blazers have a lot of big expiring THIS season. The only one that comes up next year is CJ McCollum. Dumbshit Jabari was talking about Aldridge possibly getting traded this year, and now he wants a do-over, because it was so stupid.

Dennis the Menace
07-19-2019, 12:56 PM
It’s a shame Jabari couldn’t be Kawhi & Uncle Dennis’ Windhorst. They would’ve been a match made in Heaven. Between Uncle Dennis losing Kawhi $120 million in Spurs contract, Jordan to New Balance contract, to Nike Lawsuit. Then Jabari with the meddling journalism trying to create his brand meanwhile losing all integrity. Just perfect

Collins21
07-19-2019, 01:32 PM
LOL. Yeah, he's backtracking now. The problem is, this is what he said:
"The Blazers, who likely wouldn’t mind acquiring another high-quality big man, have multiple large expiring contracts this coming season that could be used in trade."

The Blazers have a lot of big expiring THIS season. The only one that comes up next year is CJ McCollum. Dumbshit Jabari was talking about Aldridge possibly getting traded this year, and now he wants a do-over, because it was so stupid.

Exactly talking about the radio interview misquoted him lol. This guy is unbelievable.

poopbox
07-19-2019, 02:32 PM
Poor Jabari...he took it raw right up the but for Kawhi and Uncle Dennis then once they were out the door he literally didn't exist to him anymore :cry

RC_Drunkford
07-19-2019, 02:55 PM
LA looks like he has lost weight

Allan Rowe vs Wade
07-19-2019, 03:34 PM
happy birthday lamarcus

:elephant:lma:elephant

alpha_HaZE
07-19-2019, 11:33 PM

Thanks, I did not know that.

TD 21
07-24-2019, 04:05 PM
The no logical direct trade to be made. If the playoffs seem unlikely by the trade deadline and Aldridge requests a trade, the only possible one I could see, is a 3 teamer, with Whiteside and a 1st (via Trail Blazers) to the Cavaliers, Aldridge to the Trail Blazers and Love to the Spurs.

Spurs should have no interest, as Love's bloated salary runs 2 seasons longer than Aldridge's and would cut into the '21 cap space, which is not worth it for an aging, injury prone player, who doesn't really have a defensive position in today's league and will likely be difficult to move at that point.

Then again, '21 cap space might not even be a thing they're striving for. It might just be getting as good of players as they can while developing the youth and they could view him as a star who fits their ethos, is 3 years younger than Aldridge and a nice offensive compliment to the young guards.

sasaint
07-24-2019, 08:35 PM
The no logical direct trade to be made. If the playoffs seem unlikely by the trade deadline and Aldridge requests a trade, the only possible one I could see, is a 3 teamer, with Whiteside and a 1st (via Trail Blazers) to the Cavaliers, Aldridge to the Trail Blazers and Love to the Spurs.

Spurs should have no interest, as Love's bloated salary runs 2 seasons longer than Aldridge's and would cut into the '21 cap space, which is not worth it for an aging, injury prone player, who doesn't really have a defensive position in today's league and will likely be difficult to move at that point.

Then again, '21 cap space might not even be a thing they're striving for. It might just be getting as good of players as they can while developing the youth and they could view him as a star who fits their ethos, is 3 years younger than Aldridge and a nice offensive compliment to the young guards.

Except Love is already a former star - not a star.

spurspl
07-26-2019, 04:10 AM
if LA request a trade and he probably wants to play in portland why not to give them both, LA and DDR for CJ, nurkic, collins, skal and a pick. They become a chip contender instantly. We got young big men and an all star caliber sg.

JPB
07-26-2019, 11:10 AM

Hopefully Gasol will stick around so they can reunite.

cpds421
07-26-2019, 12:18 PM
if LA request a trade and he probably wants to play in portland why not to give them both, LA and DDR for CJ, nurkic, collins, skal and a pick. They become a chip contender instantly. We got young big men and an all star caliber sg.

CJ’s just another good regular season player. He and Dame choke big time in the playoffs.

spurspl
07-26-2019, 01:34 PM
CJ’s just another good regular season player. He and Dame choke big time in the playoffs.

agree, CJ is a very similar player, but u need to take a look from a wider perspective and getting nurkic and collins + our murray/white/loonie - that would be a pretty dangerous team in a 2 yrs.

Chinook
07-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Aldridge for Whiteside, Collins and a pick could make sense at the deadline if the Spurs like Collins. A number of Blazers fans think Zach's untouchable, but it'd surprise me if that was legit the case. It's more possible that there is enough bad blood that Portland wouldn't do a fair deal, and if so, they can suck it. He's the Spurs' best player, and the two teams are in the same tier, so I don't see any reason to think that near the deadline, Portland is going to be a contender while SA isn't.

sasaint
07-26-2019, 02:22 PM
Aldridge for Whiteside, Collins and a pick could make sense at the deadline if the Spurs like Collins. A number of Blazers fans think Zach's untouchable, but it'd surprise me if that was legit the case. It's more possible that there is enough bad blood that Portland wouldn't do a fair deal, and if so, they can suck it. He's the Spurs' best player, and the two teams are in the same tier, so I don't see any reason to think that near the deadline, Portland is going to be a contender while SA isn't.

So, can you really see Pop trading “our best player” to a Western Conference team in our same tier?

Chinook
07-26-2019, 02:35 PM
So, can you really see Pop trading “our best player” to a Western Conference team in our same tier?

No. That's why I think Portland would have to come correct and not think they have leverage.

spurspl
07-26-2019, 02:37 PM

no, he wont and thats a problem. With all due respect to pop, but NOW this rule is shitty as hell. Sometimes i think that he became an egoist and think only about his legacy(another PO) not clubs good (reloading/rebuilding to become a SERIOUS contender in a 2-3yrs).

raybies
07-26-2019, 03:11 PM

Timstradamus?

SpursDynasty85
07-26-2019, 03:31 PM
LMA has been pretty darn good for us. He expressed the trade the right way and for relatively good reason even after Popovich pubicly humiliating him. He worked it out face to face and signed a good value contract for both sides. He should get a lot of respect. Imo, he would like to have his jersey retired in Portland since he probably has a lot of ties there and may want to retire their. Who knows.

playbonner15
07-29-2019, 11:04 PM
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1155907444444237824?s=19

Looks like LA really wants out. Hope Spurs can trade him to Portland for picks

ducks
07-29-2019, 11:17 PM
This should not be on first page
Pathetic spurstalk!

dbreiden83080
07-29-2019, 11:39 PM
He has 2 years to go and we need him. So no..

weeks
07-29-2019, 11:50 PM
doesn't bode well for our free agency hopes when we got guys willing to publicly renege on deals rather than come play with us, and the FAs we do get fantasize about leaving

TimmyBuckets
07-30-2019, 12:10 AM
Jobroni Young sold his soul to the devil when he cozied up to Uncle Dennis. He spewed positive PR and "he's coming back soon" nonsense for Uncle Dennis in exchange for BREAKING NEWS material. He was ghosted by Dennis when Nephew went to Toronto. You could see the disappointment on Jabroni's face when fat puke Don Harris mentioned it during their Sunday night Sports Hack show. That shit was priceless.

idk why but I legit laughed like 20 seconds straight.

Slippy
07-30-2019, 01:17 AM
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/1155907444444237824?s=19

Looks like LA really wants out. Hope Spurs can trade him to Portland for picks

So Gasol regurgitates the same quote and now we going through another round of LA wants out. Haha

tbdog
07-30-2019, 05:57 AM
I am pretty sure Gasol wasn't taking whatever he was offered and the tweet isn't newsworthy. Unlike Tool finally coming to spotify this Friday. Now that is news.

exstatic
07-30-2019, 06:40 AM
So Gasol regurgitates the same quote and now we going through another round of LA wants out. Haha

This.

tmtcsc
07-30-2019, 07:37 AM
Unlike Tool finally coming to spotify this Friday. Now that is news.

https://media.giphy.com/media/oOK9AZGnf9b0c/giphy.gif

tmtcsc
07-30-2019, 07:43 AM

:toast:lol https://media.giphy.com/media/2cdYfc9hMr9df6dS2s/giphy.gif

look_at_g_shred
07-30-2019, 09:02 AM
I am pretty sure Gasol wasn't taking whatever he was offered and the tweet isn't newsworthy. Unlike Tool finally coming to spotify this Friday. Now that is news.
This is literally the best news of the offSZN !

Arcadian
07-30-2019, 09:39 AM
Pau Gasol confirms idea LaMarcus Aldridge wants to play for Blazers again someday

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/pau-gasol-confirms-idea-lamarcus-040020434.html

MultiTroll
07-30-2019, 10:16 AM
Pau Gasol confirms idea LaMarcus Aldridge wants to play for Blazers again someday

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/pau-gasol-confirms-idea-lamarcus-040020434.html
Is it possible (calm down PATFO slurpers I said possible) that Spurs medical team misdiagnosed Pau Gasoft also?
Because otherwise is this guy in the top 5 anti Spurs phaggots of all time?

MultiTroll
07-30-2019, 10:17 AM
^^ OTOH if a good trade could be made with the Blazers, all for it.
Thanks Gasoft.

spurspl
07-30-2019, 10:21 AM
trade him and ddr +picks to portland for young big fellas + cj and my faith in a bright future is back.
white/murray
CJ/loonie/forbes
Caroll/Gay/Belli
Collins/Lyles/Luka
Nurkic/Poeltl
young, potential and already pretty strong.

John B
07-30-2019, 10:22 AM
If there’s smoke, there’s a fire. PATFO should talk to him if there’s any truth and avoid another nephew situation and get value from Aldridge trade.

cd98
07-30-2019, 10:36 AM

Blatant tampering.

BatManu20
07-30-2019, 12:42 PM

Same tbh :lol

BatManu20
07-30-2019, 12:44 PM
trade him and ddr +picks to portland for young big fellas + cj and my faith in a bright future is back.
white/murray
CJ/loonie/forbes
Caroll/Gay/Belli
Collins/Lyles/Luka
Nurkic/Poeltl
young, potential and already pretty strong.

Portland has no use for DeMar and they ain’t giving up their 2 best bigs for a 34 year-old LaMarcus Aldridge...

hater
07-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Portland has no use for DeMar and they ain’t giving up their 2 best bigs for a 34 year-old LaMarcus Aldridge...

And you think they would take La Marsha for CJ and Nurkik??? :lmao

Duncan87
07-30-2019, 01:40 PM
WTH CJ signing his extension La would have to take significant pay cut to sign with Free agency most likely would have to be a trade

spurspl
07-30-2019, 02:15 PM

CJ is same tier player as DDR. They would if they want to be contenter this and next year. Dame/ddr/bazemore/LA/whiteside is better s5 than they have now and remember that nurkic is coming back from an injury + they would get a picks so they can replace these two young bigs.

Dverde
07-30-2019, 02:15 PM
WTH CJ signing his extension La would have to take significant pay cut to sign with Free agency most likely would have to be a trade

How about sign and trade with Nurkic in next year’s offseason. Paying 12M for older LMA seems reasonable for both sides.

spurspl
07-30-2019, 03:03 PM
How about sign and trade with Nurkic in next year’s offseason. Paying 12M for older LMA seems reasonable for both sides.
sounds good but if info that LA really wants back home be confirmed we can only dream about getting nurkic. And imho collins should be a priority doing this trade. Watch his game: big sizes, good movement, hits 3s, great picknroll, plays agressivly, hell of a dunker and great defense. He would be a prefect fit to our roster with white, murray and loonie (if one of them add ~40% from 3 + murrays healthy) thats a team that can be a dynasty.

Dverde
07-30-2019, 04:05 PM
sounds good but if info that LA really wants back home be confirmed we can only dream about getting nurkic. And imho collins should be a priority doing this trade. Watch his game: big sizes, good movement, hits 3s, great picknroll, plays agressivly, hell of a dunker and great defense. He would be a prefect fit to our roster with white, murray and loonie (if one of them add ~40% from 3 + murrays healthy) thats a team that can be a dynasty.

Well I forgot LMA would have to opt out of 24M to make this happen. Portland would have to pony up more than 12M for him to opt out.

tlongII
07-30-2019, 07:37 PM
:lmao

DPG21920
07-30-2019, 09:14 PM
LMA would make POR legit contenders this year. His defense alone would anchor them and he’s 10x better than Whiteside on offense.

apalisoc_9
07-30-2019, 10:49 PM
Nirk would be nice if he can play more 30 games a season. Otherwise meh

Ice009
07-31-2019, 12:01 AM
I said we should have traded for him when there was talk the Nuggets were looking to move him. No-one here was interested back then when he would have been cheap as compared to now.

San Antonio Slayer
07-31-2019, 04:11 AM
LMA would make POR legit contenders this year. His defense alone would anchor them and he’s 10x better than Whiteside on offense.
you should check at least 3 last games of Whiteside against us

TheGreatYacht
07-31-2019, 05:54 AM
Blazers get:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marco Belinelli
Bryn Forbes

Spurs get:
Hassan Whiteside (expiring <3)
Nassir Little
Skal Labissiere

Who says no?

Prime BEEF
07-31-2019, 07:54 AM
Really not a fan of a Portland trade straight up. Would need a 3rd team involved to get better return for LMA

but if we did a trade with them LMA/Mills/Jacob for Nurkic/Whiteside/Collins/Little is probably the best they can do

look_at_g_shred
07-31-2019, 08:58 AM
Much ado about nothing. He'll be a spurs until 2021

spurspl
07-31-2019, 09:16 AM
Really not a fan of a Portland trade straight up. Would need a 3rd team involved to get better return for LMA

but if we did a trade with them LMA/Mills/Jacob for Nurkic/Whiteside/Collins/Little is probably the best they can do

without little and our pick should be a fair deal but whiteside cannot be traded with other pieces from portland until 4th september.

duncan2k5
07-31-2019, 10:31 AM
It's sickening how afraid of LMA we are that we treat him with kid gloves... No other player could choke in the playoffs after pouting for an entire season... Demand a trade without reason (until he HAD to sit with Pop because no one would trade for him)... Be given an extension immediately after that... Then publicly lament about playing for a competing team... Get him the fuck outta here

Amuseddaysleeper
07-31-2019, 10:36 AM
LMA is one of the softest players in the entire league. He's a playoff choker.

I'd love to dump him and DeRozan ASAP

Amuseddaysleeper
07-31-2019, 10:37 AM
Blazers get:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marco Belinelli
Bryn Forbes

Spurs get:
Nassir Little
Skal Labissiere

Who says no?

Blazers, but I really like that trade

spurspl
07-31-2019, 10:45 AM

im really into trading LMA and DDR too but this trade is a shit. We get expiring whiteside (next FAs are very very weak), nassir little is a troublemaker and not so good prospect and skal is only a decent player. If trading with blazers collins should be a priority. Imho, how i mentioned earlier, the best and really fair deal is LMA DDR + picks for CJ nurkic and collins. But PATFO wont do this bc wE nOt TrAdE bEsT aSsEtS tO wEsT

BSfromTX
07-31-2019, 12:48 PM
It's sickening how afraid of LMA we are that we treat him with kid gloves... No other player could choke in the playoffs after pouting for an entire season... Demand a trade without reason (until he HAD to sit with Pop because no one would trade for him)... Be given an extension immediately after that... Then publicly lament about playing for a competing team... Get him the fuck outta here

funny how you have no problem slamming LA, but yet can't find any fault in nephew. Not that I am defending LMA, but seriously, you could give yourself a little credibility if you were at least consistent.

XDT76
08-01-2019, 10:16 AM
im really into trading LMA and DDR too but this trade is a shit. We get expiring whiteside (next FAs are very very weak), nassir little is a troublemaker and not so good prospect and skal is only a decent player. If trading with blazers collins should be a priority. Imho, how i mentioned earlier, the best and really fair deal is LMA DDR + picks for CJ nurkic and collins. But PATFO wont do this bc wE nOt TrAdE bEsT aSsEtS tO wEsT

There no way Portland would agree on this trade. The most likely scenario is LMA finishes his current contract with Spurs and sign on as a FA to Portland as a backup big on a retirement contract.

spurspl
08-01-2019, 11:17 AM
There no way Portland would agree on this trade. The most likely scenario is LMA finishes his current contract with Spurs and sign on as a FA to Portland as a backup big on a retirement contract.
agree with this scenerio but imo portland would do this but spurs wouldnt. Why? Portland would have much better roster (cj=ddr, LMA better than nurkic and collins combined), dame has ~2yrs in his prime, they have whiteside on his last year contract. Doing this trade Portland significantly increases their chances to be in finals. Plus got our picks so they can replace those young bigs easily. Why Spurs wouldnt? bc we probably wouldnt be in PO this year and generaly PATFO is short-sighted

TD 21
08-01-2019, 04:50 PM
Except Love is already a former star - not a star.

Arguably. It's hard to tell when he can't stay healthy for an extended period.

I amend what I said about no direct trade . . . there's actually a clear one, if the sides wait a year, which would obviously be in the Spurs best interest.

It would depend on the level of optimism regarding Nurkic regaining previous form or at least coming close, but if that's a go, Aldridge for Nurkic (Whiteside and Bazmore come off the books, giving them the requisite cap space to absorb the near $10M difference in salary) and something minor, could make sense.

Blazers get:
Lamarcus Aldridge
Marco Belinelli
Bryn Forbes

Spurs get:
Nassir Little
Skal Labissiere

Who says no?

Definitely Spurs. That's a horrible trade.

dbreiden83080
08-01-2019, 06:46 PM
LMA is one of the softest players in the entire league. He's a playoff choker.

I'd love to dump him and DeRozan ASAP

Okay and how many games do we win next season? I am not interested in a 20 win season.. Spurs historically have drafted well while winning. We don't need to tank.

RD2191
08-01-2019, 08:20 PM

Tbh

FutureMan
08-02-2019, 12:32 AM

If the Blazers say no to a trade like that then they truly don’t deserve to win anything.

That trade is terrible for the Spurs

Strike
08-03-2019, 12:01 AM
If the Blazers say no to a trade like that then they truly don’t deserve to win anything.

That trade is terrible for the Spurs

Even dumber that plenty of Blazer fans think that trade benefits the Spurs more than the Blazers.

Proxy
08-03-2019, 11:28 AM
Nice thing of LMA to do

https://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spurs/spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-gifts-300-ipads-to-san-antonio-kids?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=ksat12 (https://www.ksat.com/sports/nba/spurs/spurs-lamarcus-aldridge-gifts-300-ipads-to-san-antonio-kids?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=ksat12)

TheGoatishere
03-05-2020, 11:08 AM
https://twitter.com/KABBFOX29/status/1235588946312286208

https://twitter.com/PlayersTribune/status/1235278840525500421

lol

RC_Drunkford
03-05-2020, 05:17 PM
Nah he buggin. When Aldridge got to San Antonio the Warriors dynasty began. They might’ve made the WCF, but no chance that they win a title

TD 21
03-05-2020, 05:25 PM
Nah he buggin. When Aldridge got to San Antonio the Warriors dynasty began. They might’ve made the WCF, but no chance that they win a title

:lmao At a 5 year run, that constituted beating zero elite teams (due to injury) in route to their 1st championship, then begging the consensus 2nd best player in the league to join them and turning the competition into men against boys to secure their 2nd and 3rd championships, constituting a dynasty.

Guaranteed if that same scenario took place in a non glamour market, this wouldn't be the consensus.

RC_Drunkford
03-06-2020, 12:32 PM
:lmao At a 5 year run, that constituted beating zero elite teams (due to injury) in route to their 1st championship, then begging the consensus 2nd best player in the league to join them and turning the competition into men against boys to secure their 2nd and 3rd championships, constituting a dynasty.

Guaranteed if that same scenario took place in a non glamour market, this wouldn't be the consensus.

So? What's your point? They were the overwhelming favorites for that 5-year run and the only team that could've beaten them in the West were the Spurs with nephew

UncleDennis
03-06-2020, 12:56 PM
It feels like that '14 Blazers team would always whip our asses in the regular season, Wes Matthews lobbing arrows everywhere, Batum before he was washed, I didn't think we were going to dominate them that badly in that series.

That Dallas series going long was the best thing that could have happened, that game 7 became the blueprint for the whole run.

TD 21
03-06-2020, 05:05 PM
So? What's your point? They were the overwhelming favorites for that 5-year run and the only team that could've beaten them in the West were the Spurs with nephew

My point is, they've proven very little in the playoffs over a relatively short period of time. Being overwhelming favorites for a stretch doesn't mean shit.

It took the Spurs winning 4 in 9 (that were above reproach, with another dynastic team for the first 5 years of it) and having the best winning percentage in pro sports over that time, to begin to be considered a dynasty.

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-10-2020, 12:15 PM
The Blazers might be desperate enough to take him next season as they will miss the playoffs and may think it's their only chance left. A bit of loyalty in there too. He is aging and it's time to get whatever we can for him, as he is not going to take us to the promise land.

Realdeal1
03-10-2020, 12:38 PM
anyone really believe Lamarcus is legit injured ? I get the sense LA quit on the team and was like “ fuk this shit team “ hence the shoulder injury ... I don’t think we see LA again this season ... just my own gut feeling

look_at_g_shred
03-10-2020, 12:44 PM
anyone really believe Lamarcus is legit injured ? I get the sense LA quit on the team and was like “ fuk this shit team “ hence the shoulder injury ... I don’t think we see LA again this season ... just my own gut feeling
Probably asked to be traded in the offseason tbh

Ibleedslvrnblk
03-10-2020, 12:59 PM

I had the AD feeling about this. Maybe he will show up with the that's all folks shirt

SpurSpike
03-10-2020, 01:29 PM
Is it strange that Portland would even be interviewing him when he was not in the Portland area? This was posted on 3/3/20. Spurs were nowhere near Portland during this time. Last time they played Portland was about a month before this was posted. I guess it could be filmed in SA but weird timing for sure.

Prime BEEF
03-10-2020, 01:36 PM
I think you might be onto something. I seriously doubt he likes the direction pop has taken the team.

they have to throw in their 1st rd pick though.

Thomas82
03-10-2020, 04:30 PM
I see Aldridge is listed as probable for tonight.

Thomas82
03-10-2020, 04:36 PM
I guess he couldn't think of anymore excuses not to play, still "game time decision"

I saw one injury report that listed him as probable.

RC_Drunkford
03-10-2020, 04:44 PM
people in here are stupid if they think he's faking an injury. He was holding his shoulder the last game he played and was clearly in pain. Flopovich said the medical staff didn't want him to come back early and said that he needed more rest. But people here come up with conspiracy theories :lol

Prime BEEF
03-10-2020, 05:39 PM
https://twitter.com/politicalmath/status/1237127322152697859
lmao. Actually did good job multitasking lol

duncan2k5
03-10-2020, 05:56 PM

This is what it is...I never understood the Beta ppl that like LMA on our team...he isn't a spur

ace3g
04-13-2020, 11:07 PM
The tweet has since been deleted but Lillard was running the account and said this

I’d add Lamarcus. https://t.co/UzT9a1ur6U
— Portland Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) April 14, 2020 (https://twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1249875406947119104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

https://twitter.com/aldridge_12/status/1249892376790863872

daslicer
04-13-2020, 11:09 PM
The tweet has since been deleted but Lillard was running the account and said this

— Portland Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) April 14, 2020 (https://twitter.com/trailblazers/status/1249875406947119104?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Spurs should send LMA back there. They are not going to win with him in the short or long term. See if they can get any draft picks along with good role players from the Blazers.

Realdeal1
04-13-2020, 11:20 PM
At this point .. spurs fans should be happy someone wants lamarcus .. time to trade his ass to Portland

Joseph Kony
04-13-2020, 11:40 PM

Get rid of this soft loser already

LCM
04-14-2020, 12:37 AM
Lillard needs to be more worried about Portland trading him before the trade deadline next year. His salary jumps from 31.6 million to 43.8 million after the 2020/21 season, before maxing out above 50 million on the last year of the contract after the 2023/24

LaMarcus, if traded, wouldn't go to Portland unless McCullom is involved. It wouldn't work otherwise. If that happened, then Lillard can play with him.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 12:37 AM
Get rid of this soft loser already

Only if they take Forbes and DePression too.

cd021
04-14-2020, 02:09 AM
Lillard needs to be more worried about Portland trading him before the trade deadline next year. His salary jumps from 31.6 million to 43.8 million after the 2020/21 season, before maxing out above 50 million on the last year of the contract after the 2023/24

LaMarcus, if traded, wouldn't go to Portland unless McCullom is involved. It wouldn't work otherwise. If that happened, then Lillard can play with him.

If you mean financially, then that's not true; Hood, Collins and Ariza (plus a protected 20201 1st) for Aldridge works.

If you mean that PATFO would want CJ back, then no way Portland does that deal. If its for the above package, I think both sides would do that.

duncan2150
04-14-2020, 07:01 AM
Plus it will Be good to have a first and Collins for a 34 yrs old Aldridge.

If Portland do this offer, i will accept it immediatly.

look_at_g_shred
04-14-2020, 08:11 AM
And if Por wants to keep Lillard happy, they would at least make the phone call right? Dame has been wanting LMA for a few years now iirc..

LCM
04-14-2020, 09:03 AM
If you mean financially, then that's not true; Hood, Collins and Ariza (plus a protected 20201 1st) for Aldridge works.

If you mean that PATFO would want CJ back, then no way Portland does that deal. If its for the above package, I think both sides would do that.

With Hood coming off an Achilles tear and Collins missing most of the season with shoulder injury and surgery, there is no restrictions on the pick if I'm the Spurs. Otherwise if the protection kicks in, you are giving Aldridge away for injured players an expiring Ariza and 2nd rounders. I like Collins but he's restricted after next year, and he hasn't proven anything yet. With Hood, you are nursing another Rudy Gay situation, and how much money will be put down that sink hole to justify taking him. Also, with the trade kicker increase in Aldridge's contract, Portland will be taking on more salary than is going out, which will lead to an even bigger tax bill ownership will have to pay. With the coming salary cap fallout coming, Portland could be looking to shed salary than take more on.

Technically, yeah, your trade works. I just think if Portland is going to trade someone, McCullom is going to be first in line to go out.

rasuo214
04-14-2020, 09:22 AM
How bad is it that the 2 "stars" on the team both have verbalized how much they miss their former teams? I see Derozan spending more of his time talking to his former Raptors teammates (is he even close to anyone on the team?) and you have LMA wanting to play with Lillard again.

Prime BEEF
04-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Not really a big fan of what the blazers have to offer. Would rather trade LMA/Lyles to Boston for Hayward/Williams/1st Rd Pick

DesignatedT
04-14-2020, 11:09 AM
Trade LMA to Portland for Hood, Ariza, Collins and Future 1st.
Let DeMar, Forbes walk.
Dump Gay
Extend/Re-sign White/Poeltl
Use MLE on Veteran big - Ibaka?
Draft Toppin.

Murray - White - Mills
Hood - Walker - Mills
Ariza - Johnson - Toppin
Ibaka - Toppin - Lyles
Collins - Poeltl - Samanic

I think that's the best it's gonna get if the Spurs deal with Portland. You get an influx of young talent to go along with the young guys already on the roster while maintaining some cap flexibility going forward with Mills, Ariza, and Hood all expiring in 2021.

pad300
04-14-2020, 11:25 AM
Ask for Nurkic + Ariza + Protected pick back.
Would much rather have Nurkic than Hood + Collins. If they get LMA, they will find LMA - Nurkic lineups very difficult to run in the new NBA, so his value is reduced for them, not to mention he just missed an entire season...

DesignatedT
04-14-2020, 12:22 PM
I don't think they would get rid of Nurkic.

UZER
04-14-2020, 12:30 PM
How bad is it that the 2 "stars" on the team both have verbalized how much they miss their former teams? I see Derozan spending more of his time talking to his former Raptors teammates (is he even close to anyone on the team?) and you have LMA wanting to play with Lillard again.

You’re wrong. All players love me. I’m the one coach they all say they admire so much and would love to play for.

:pop:

Prime BEEF
04-14-2020, 01:04 PM
You’re wrong. All players love me. I’m the one coach they all say they admire so much and would love to play for.

:pop:
lol. Well done. I really think he partially believes that though.

reality is that the players respect what he has done in the past and absolutely love his politics but know that he’s a stubborn asshole and don’t like his coaching style.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 01:14 PM
Trade LMA to Portland for Hood, Ariza, Collins and Future 1st.
Let DeMar, Forbes walk.
Dump Gay
Extend/Re-sign White/Poeltl
Use MLE on Veteran big - Ibaka?
Draft Toppin.

Murray - White - Mills
Hood - Walker - Mills
Ariza - Johnson - Toppin
Ibaka - Toppin - Lyles
Collins - Poeltl - Samanic

I think that's the best it's gonna get if the Spurs deal with Portland. You get an influx of young talent to go along with the young guys already on the roster while maintaining some cap flexibility going forward with Mills, Ariza, and Hood all expiring in 2021.

It's not enough. If they want Aldridge they have to take DeRozan too without dumping Whiteside on us, and the only way that works is if they put McCollum in the trade.

exstatic
04-14-2020, 03:10 PM
SA - Gobert, Conley, Ariza
Portland - LMA
Utah - Nurkic, Dejounte, DeRozan

Conley has never fit in Utah, to the point that they played better after his injury return with him coming off the bench. Gobert has worn out his welcome. They get a pretty good center in nurkic, and a PG prospect in DJ. Portland gets LMA back, and we instantly get a LOT better on defense. Conley and Ariza will also both be expirings next season.

Prime BEEF
04-14-2020, 03:42 PM
Portland - LMA

Conley has never fit in Utah, to the point that they played better after his injury return with him coming off the bench. Gobert has worn out his welcome. They get a pretty good center in nurkic, and a PG prospect in DJ. Portland gets LMA back, and we instantly get a LOT better on defense. Conley and Ariza will also both be expirings next season.
I like that trade. Would prefer that Utah or Portland throw in a 1st though

TD 21
04-14-2020, 03:49 PM

It's embarrassing and should be the latest wake up call that something needs to change here, but the apologists will spin it and claim, "All we have is our culture. Without it, we're just another franchise". :cry

Although in these cases, I don't think it's so much that they don't want to be here specifically as it is they don't want to be in this situation in general at this stage of their careers, but it's still a bad look.

Ask for Nurkic + Ariza + Protected pick back.
Would much rather have Nurkic than Hood + Collins. If they get LMA, they will find LMA - Nurkic lineups very difficult to run in the new NBA, so his value is reduced for them, not to mention he just missed an entire season...

Exactly. If push comes to shove, I've long thought and Aldridge for Nurkic swap after this season (when the Trail Blazers will have the cap space to absorb the near $10M difference) was the logical trade, in part due to this reason.

If Aldridge is going to be played alongside another big at this point in his career, then it has to be a Collins type (or at least, the actualized version). Someone mobile enough to defend "PF's" and space the floor.

I'm still seeing far too many unrealistic Aldridge (and DeRozan) trades. They're not fetching good prospects or picks. It's going to be an expendable young veteran or a single lottery protected 1st.

exstatic
04-14-2020, 04:02 PM
I like that trade. Would prefer that Utah or Portland throw in a 1st though
Yeah, we're not in a position to ask for one. We'd be getting a 3 time All D, 2 time All NBA player in the deal.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-14-2020, 04:04 PM
Portland - LMA

I could see all three parties feeling like they won that trade.

Mugen
04-14-2020, 04:06 PM
Literally can't wait for the LMA/Derozan/Pop/Forbes era to be over tbh :lol

TD 21
04-14-2020, 04:10 PM
It took the Jazz years to beef up their firepower/3-point shooting and in one fell swoop they're going to not only obliterate it, but also trade their most impactful player and the single reason they're still competent defensively?

The Trail Blazers, who'd be making an all-in type move, are supposed to trade literally their only competent wing (considering Hood tore his Achilles)?

Somehow, I don't see either being interested in this.

FkLA
04-14-2020, 05:21 PM
It's embarrassing and should be the latest wake up call that something needs to change here, but the apologists will spin it and claim, "All we have is our culture. Without it, we're just another franchise". :cry

Although in these cases, I don't think it's so much that they don't want to be here specifically as it is they don't want to be in this situation in general at this stage of their careers, but it's still a bad look.

Yearning for their first round fodder days at their old stops is also pretty embarrassing though. They come across like they want to relive their glory days except there were never any glory days with those previous teams.

Joseph Kony
04-14-2020, 05:23 PM
Next season already looking bleak as fuck :lol

cd021
04-14-2020, 05:35 PM
With Hood coming off an Achilles tear and Collins missing most of the season with shoulder injury and surgery, there is no restrictions on the pick if I'm the Spurs. Otherwise if the protection kicks in, you are giving Aldridge away for injured players an expiring Ariza and 2nd rounders. I like Collins but he's restricted after next year, and he hasn't proven anything yet. With Hood, you are nursing another Rudy Gay situation, and how much money will be put down that sink hole to justify taking him. Also, with the trade kicker increase in Aldridge's contract, Portland will be taking on more salary than is going out, which will lead to an even bigger tax bill ownership will have to pay. With the coming salary cap fallout coming, Portland could be looking to shed salary than take more on.

Technically, yeah, your trade works. I just think if Portland is going to trade someone, McCullom is going to be first in line to go out.

Makes zero since for them to trade CJ for Aldridge . The deal I mentioned (Hood, Collins, Ariza and a protected 2021 pick for Aldridge) is centered around the Spurs getting a pick in return for Aldridge. That should be the goal, getting a 1st back for a player who will be on an expiring deal next season. Aldridge is still good but team's aren't going to give up but so much to get him, given his age, contract length and salary.

Hood can be waived, Ariza should be immediately shopped for seconds, Collins is a decent flyer (he's shown promise but has been injury prone) plus a first for the Spurs while Portland would have a core of Dame, CJ, Nurk, Aldridge. Deal would work for both teams, IMO.

cd021
04-14-2020, 05:41 PM
It's not enough. If they want Aldridge they have to take DeRozan too without dumping Whiteside on us, and the only way that works is if they put McCollum in the trade.

Whiteside deal expires at the end of this season so he can't be traded. Moving Aldridge and receiving a first; plus a decent prospect in Collins, and also being able to shop Ariza for seconds, is pretty good value.

The Spurs could move DeRozan independent of an Aldridge deal.

Gibbz
04-14-2020, 05:53 PM
I actually like LMA but if this dude wants out so bad then just fucking trade him there already and tank next season.

r0drig0lac
04-14-2020, 05:55 PM
good news, then Demar + scrub for Allen + Levert + Prince

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Whiteside deal expires at the end of this season so he can't be traded. Moving Aldridge and receiving a first; plus a decent prospect in Collins, and also being able to shop Ariza for seconds, is pretty good value.

The Spurs could move DeRozan independent of an Aldridge deal.

What makes Collins a decent prospect though? I haven't seen him play but his numbers are pretty underwhelming his first two years in the league.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 07:53 PM
Portland - LMA

God damn that would be sweet. I can't imagine that Jazz players will still be that pissed at Gobert though to force him out.

exstatic
04-14-2020, 08:06 PM
God damn that would be sweet. I can't imagine that Jazz players will still be that pissed at Gobert though to force him out.

There was a blurb within the last week that the relationship between Donovan and Gobert was broken and unfixable. Within a day or two, there was some backtracking, but that could just be an attempt to preserve Rudy’s trade value. I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.

baseline bum
04-14-2020, 08:08 PM
I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.

Shit, I was hoping she'd pull through but couldn't bear to look it up.

Dverde
04-14-2020, 08:08 PM
Really felt the time to make this trade was last year at the trade deadline.

slick'81
04-14-2020, 08:12 PM
There was a blurb within the last week that the relationship between Donovan and Gobert was broken and unfixable. Within a day or two, there was some backtracking, but that could just be an attempt to preserve Rudy’s trade value. I think the death of KATs mother has changed a lot of players outlooks.

Rudy Gobert recently spoke with Donovan Mitchell in "the first step toward repairing their relationship," according to Yahoo's Chris Haynes.
Gobert recently spoke with Taylor Rooks of Bleacher Report and said that although his relationship with Mitchell remains "far from perfect," they are willing to move on and focus on basketball. Gobert and Mitchell were both diagnosed with COVID-19 (they've since been medically cleared), and according to Haynes, "Both players had issues with one another stemming from the developments of the COVID-19 positive results." Utah's stars both have guaranteed contracts for the 2020-21 season.

RELATED:

Donovan Mitchell (https://www.rotoworld.com/basketball/nba/player/30439/donovan-mitchell)

SOURCE: Taylor Rooks on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TaylorRooks/status/1249487284652707840)
Apr 12, 2020, 8:36 PM ET

talkspurs
04-14-2020, 08:21 PM
I dont know why so many people are liking the Utah trade. We get 2 people that are getting old so I dont consider them good pieces. Gobert is in his Prime but is not Someone to lead a team to the championship nor do i think he would attract players. We give up a solid young player that is going to be on a good contract for a few years and 2 players that might have some trade value. This to me is a treadmill trade. It does not make us better and keeps us right at bottom of PO or just outside them. I dont see us getting better by this trade. We also would stay right in the middle and not get good picks.

if the trade was LMA for gobert I coudl see us doing it as if Mitchell and Gobert are not going to play together then we might be able to get him for that.

exstatic
04-15-2020, 07:18 AM
I dont know why so many people are liking the Utah trade. We get 2 people that are getting old so I dont consider them good pieces. Gobert is in his Prime but is not Someone to lead a team to the championship nor do i think he would attract players. We give up a solid young player that is going to be on a good contract for a few years and 2 players that might have some trade value. This to me is a treadmill trade. It does not make us better and keeps us right at bottom of PO or just outside them. I dont see us getting better by this trade. We also would stay right in the middle and not get good picks.

if the trade was LMA for gobert I coudl see us doing it as if Mitchell and Gobert are not going to play together then we might be able to get him for that.

We'd be a top 3 defense with that trade. That alone would vault us from 7-8 to top 3-4 in the west. The two players with the bulk of the salary that we'd be shipping out are both older than Rudy or Conley. I didn't like including DJ, but we have to give them something of value to get Rudy, and Utah would require a PG to replace Conley.

Utah would never do LMA for Rudy. That's too imbalanced. The closest they'd probably do would be LMA + DJ for Rudy, and then we're stuck with the corpse of DeRozan for another year, and they're stuck with Conley, who's not a good fit there, and LMA isn't home in Portland, and would surely leave. With Nurkic, Utah has at least a shot to keep him.

Prime BEEF
04-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Yeah, we're not in a position to ask for one. We'd be getting a 3 time All D, 2 time All NBA player in the deal.
I’d still do the deal without the draft pick

exstatic
04-15-2020, 11:02 AM
I’d still do the deal without the draft pick

Yup. I think SA and Portland would, too. I think what Utah would do depends on if they think Rudy is a distraction that will majorly affect their team.

DPG21920
04-15-2020, 03:50 PM
Give up LMA and Derozan and only get Rudy? Probably pass.

DPG21920
04-15-2020, 03:52 PM

Whiteside is an expiring deal who cares about taking him on

exstatic
04-15-2020, 04:00 PM

Rudy is 27, a 3 time All D selection, and 2 time All NBA selection. I'm not sure what you think you can pull for two players on the wrong side of 30, and on expiring deals, most likely to bolt SA for nothing in 2021. Apparently, the offers at the deadline were shit, and they were at least trying to move DeRozan.

Robz4000
04-15-2020, 05:14 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat. We want to get rid of DeRozan, even if it's for nothing, so if you can flip LMA for Gobert you do it.

talkspurs
04-15-2020, 06:28 PM
We'd be a top 3 defense with that trade. That alone would vault us from 7-8 to top 3-4 in the west. The two players with the bulk of the salary that we'd be shipping out are both older than Rudy or Conley. I didn't like including DJ, but we have to give them something of value to get Rudy, and Utah would require a PG to replace Conley.

Utah would never do LMA for Rudy. That's too imbalanced. The closest they'd probably do would be LMA + DJ for Rudy, and then we're stuck with the corpse of DeRozan for another year, and they're stuck with Conley, who's not a good fit there, and LMA isn't home in Portland, and would surely leave. With Nurkic, Utah has at least a shot to keep him.

I agree that our defense would get better but I think people are over rating Conley. After one year I am guessing Conley and Ariza would be gone after a year. I think more people would be wishing Conley was gone after a year then are currently wishing DDR would be gone. We would still have the problem of offense and not have people coming in here. This is why I think we would be a treadmill team and not move up much. As far as teams above us after this trade I could easilly see both LA, Denver, NO, Mavs, and Grizz. That already puts us at 6th and I could see a few more move above us. Which of these teams do you think we would be better then.

ace3g
04-15-2020, 10:51 PM
The Q&A: Spurs forward LaMarcus AldridgeSpurs forward shares his thoughts on Coach Duncan, his relationship with former teammate Damian Lillard and where he can see himself retiringhttps://www.nba.com/images/cms/2019-08/mike-wright2.jpg?w=45&h=45

Michael C. Wright NBA.com
@mikecwright (https://twitter.com/@mikecwright)Archive (https://www.nba.com/writer/archive/Michael-C.-Wright)
Apr 15, 2020 10:57 PM ET

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/04/15/qa-lamarcus-aldridge

LCM
04-16-2020, 01:13 AM
Thought about Phoenix just as much as SA before he signed as a FA, so being 100% sold out for the Spurs was never in his mind at any point! Resented the fact they asked him to change parts of his game, because in his mind, "You came to me! How dare you ask me to change!" Asked for the trade because HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Probably because of the convenience of getting to see his child more often, who I think lived in Houston, was more of a factor for him choosing SA and not Phoenix then winning was! Much less winning any championships!!

And now, he's had all this time to be able to talk to Dame, hash out their differences, realizing it was the fault of your entourages for why there was a bad relationship between you two .... that's just beautiful LaMarcus! Why don't you two open up a hair salon and tell everyone about it while you get that mani pedi after your workout!

Spurs should ship him out of town yesterday! HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE ON THIS TEAM!

Here's a deal:

Portland - LMA

Orlando - DeRozan, Hood, Ariza, Metu, Spurs 2020 2nd Rd pick

Chicago - Bamba, Spurs 2020 1st Rd pick (unprotected)

Spurs - Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, Lauri Markkenen, Zach Collins, Al-Foruq Aminu

Spurs 2020/21

DJ, White
Lonnie, Ross
Gordon, KJ
Lauri, Aminu
Poeltl, Collins

11 - 15
Patty, Gay, Lyles, QW, Eubanks (Luka spends 2nd year in Austin)

There's your youth movement! With your emphasis building around DJ, LW4, KJ, Luka, Lauri, and Collins over the long term. Gordon could be there too because he's only 24, but none of the others are 24 except possibly Collins.

What burns me the most is two things ... 1) that man doesn't give a damn about the playoff streak! Gimme a break! The only people who'd be pissed about it being over would be Spurs fans, and LMA doesn't give a shit about them. National media would throw him a parade! 2) the last year of Tim's career, that 2015/16 team, 67-15, 40-1 at home, was waisted because of Pop and this idiot in the playoffs!!!

The man just doesn't care ... plain and simple. He never did. If I had any hair on my bald head, I'd pull them all out right now ...

cd021
04-16-2020, 01:39 AM
What makes Collins a decent prospect though? I haven't seen him play but his numbers are pretty underwhelming his first two years in the league.

Haven't either tbh but apparently the theory of him is that he can be a stretch 5 and protect the rim. Whether that happens is something different but he would be add decent value in the hypothetical trade.

The 1st is the obvious asset but Collins could develop into a decent big for the Spurs.

cd021
04-16-2020, 01:43 AM
Thought about Phoenix just as much as SA before he signed as a FA, so being 100% sold out for the Spurs was never in his mind at any point! Resented the fact they asked him to change parts of his game, because in his mind, "You came to me! How dare you ask me to change!" Asked for the trade because HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE! Probably because of the convenience of getting to see his child more often, who I think lived in Houston, was more of a factor for him choosing SA and not Phoenix then winning was! Much less winning any championships!!

And now, he's had all this time to be able to talk to Dame, hash out their differences, realizing it was the fault of your entourages for why there was a bad relationship between you two .... that's just beautiful LaMarcus! Why don't you two open up a hair salon and tell everyone about it while you get that mani pedi after your workout!

Spurs should ship him out of town yesterday! HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE ON THIS TEAM!

Here's a deal:

Portland - LMA

Orlando - DeRozan, Hood, Ariza, Metu, Spurs 2020 2nd Rd pick

Chicago - Bamba, Spurs 2020 1st Rd pick (unprotected)

Spurs - Aaron Gordon, Terrence Ross, Lauri Markkenen, Zach Collins, Al-Foruq Aminu

Spurs 2020/21

DJ, White
Lonnie, Ross
Gordon, KJ
Lauri, Aminu
Poeltl, Collins

11 - 15
Patty, Gay, Lyles, QW, Eubanks (Luka spends 2nd year in Austin)

There's your youth movement! With your emphasis building around DJ, LW4, KJ, Luka, Lauri, and Collins over the long term. Gordon could be there too because he's only 24, but none of the others are 24 except possibly Collins.

What burns me the most is two things ... 1) that man doesn't give a damn about the playoff streak! Gimme a break! The only people who'd be pissed about it being over would be Spurs fans, and LMA doesn't give a shit about them. National media would throw him a parade! 2) the last year of Tim's career, that 2015/16 team, 67-15, 40-1 at home, was waisted because of Pop and this idiot in the playoffs!!!

The man just doesn't care ... plain and simple. He never did. If I had any hair on my bald head, I'd pull them all out right now ...

Without getting into the merits of the trade, a 4 team- 11 player trade is virtually impossible to pull off. So many moving parts and teams probably aren't going to itching to be drastically alter their team with so much uncertainty with the league.

LCM
04-16-2020, 01:52 AM
Without getting into the merits of the trade, a 4 team- 11 player trade is virtually impossible to pull off. So many moving parts and teams probably aren't going to itching to be drastically alter their team with so much uncertainty with the league.

It's frustration my man ... just frustration, it's all good (you got any tweezers, because this is what I'm working with :depressed)

exstatic
04-16-2020, 06:50 AM
I agree that our defense would get better but I think people are over rating Conley. After one year I am guessing Conley and Ariza would be gone after a year. I think more people would be wishing Conley was gone after a year then are currently wishing DDR would be gone. We would still have the problem of offense and not have people coming in here. This is why I think we would be a treadmill team and not move up much. As far as teams above us after this trade I could easilly see both LA, Denver, NO, Mavs, and Grizz. That already puts us at 6th and I could see a few more move above us. Which of these teams do you think we would be better then.

You’re evaluating teams on paper, which is always dicey, but with that top 3 defense, we could easily be better than Dallas, NO, and MEM. None of them play stout defense. I also don’t care about Conley, other than as salary ballast for DeRozan, and what we can get from him in a contract year. He shoots well, distributes the rock, and plays solid defense.

Just think of winning most of the games we pissed away in the last two minutes this season.

Prime BEEF
04-16-2020, 09:54 AM
You’re evaluating teams on paper, which is always dicey, but with that top 3 defense, we could easily be better than Dallas, NO, and MEM. None of them play stout defense. I also don’t care about Conley, other than as salary ballast for DeRozan, and what we can get from him in a contract year. He shoots well, distributes the rock, and plays solid defense.

Just think of winning most of the games we pissed away in the last two minutes this season.
I agree that to the novice fan we wouldn’t look as good on paper. But in reality we would be a better more well rounded team and that would translate to more wins. How many more? I don’t know but it would definitely be more.

talkspurs
04-16-2020, 05:40 PM

You say I'm evaluating teams on paper? arent you also? Have you seen the Spurs play with this new team?
Our offense would not be as good as it is now. Yes in the championships Spurs played great Defense but they also had good offense. Also how much of an upgrade would he be over Potel? I dont think those two would be able to play together. The NBA is also more of a 3 pt league. Having a good Defense big does help but you also have to have to have it on the wings. DJM is our best wing defender. He can also play with any other player. You apparently have not watched Conley much recently especially this year if you think he can still shoot and defend.

I believe if we got rid of Forbes we would win games we let go this year. DDR would add some more wins. I Do disagree that we would easily be better then the teams listed. We may beat them but over the course of a season they would be better then us.

TD 21
04-16-2020, 05:46 PM
I've often said he's gotten a bad rap over the years, but that interview is tone deaf on so many levels.

He supposedly wanted out 3 years ago (I always thought what he really wanted was what he got, which was the organization to coalesce to his ways) and has now been publicly flirting with an opposing player/organization for a while, yet he supposedly doesn't understand why fans have questioned his commitment? He's also repeatedly spoken about the organization as if they're a separate entity.

DPG21920
04-16-2020, 07:51 PM
Rudy is 27, a 3 time All D selection, and 2 time All NBA selection. I'm not sure what you think you can pull for two players on the wrong side of 30, and on expiring deals, most likely to bolt SA for nothing in 2021. Apparently, the offers at the deadline were shit, and they were at least trying to move DeRozan.

Spurs need picks - not already paid highly non-offensive centers.

It’s not the worst thing in the world, but I don’t really like it. I would rather take on a bad contract for an unprotected first for DeRozan and flip LmA for another first to POR

BackHome
04-16-2020, 09:26 PM
Yeah I am all in for a quick Rebuild just try to move LMA, and DEROZZ and tank like hell next year. You hopefully get a top 5 pick and maybe and extra 1st in 2021 and another 1st in 2022.

exstatic
04-17-2020, 07:47 AM
Yeah I am all in for a quick Rebuild just try to move LMA, and DEROZZ and tank like hell next year. You hopefully get a top 5 pick and maybe and extra 1st in 2021 and another 1st in 2022.

Not even Portland is going to take on that contract in this economic climate and send back a first rounder in either of the next two drafts.

JuneJive
04-17-2020, 09:22 AM
Stackin up on picks in the '21 draft should be a priority as the Spurs are already on the rebuilding trajectory.

So if shipping LMA to Portland in any scenario gets the Spurs a pick, that's great.

cd021
04-17-2020, 12:55 PM
Not even Portland is going to take on that contract in this economic climate and send back a first rounder in either of the next two drafts.

For Aldridge and DeRozan, no, but for Aldridge, sure. The Hood, Collins and Ariza for Aldridge deal wouldn't add to Portland tax payment but would give them a big front court upgrade.

I think they would trade their 2021 pick for Aldridge. Add him to Nurkic, Cj, Dame, and several decent young players and they could contend. A late first is a small price to pay for that.

exstatic
04-17-2020, 02:02 PM
For Aldridge and DeRozan, no, but for Aldridge, sure. The Hood, Collins and Ariza for Aldridge deal wouldn't add to Portland tax payment but would give them a big front court upgrade.

I think they would trade their 2021 pick for Aldridge. Add him to Nurkic, Cj, Dame, and several decent young players and they could contend. A late first is a small price to pay for that.

I don't think they'll give up a first rounder so that the 35 YO prodigal son can come home. Without it, the Spurs don't do the deal. Hood is damaged goods, and wasn't all that to being with, Collins is injured. Ariza is about as old as LMA. There's just no upside to doing this deal. Better to keep one good player for one year than take on Portland's flotsam.

BackHome
04-17-2020, 09:04 PM
Would be interesting to know if LMA would be open to moving to any team other then Portland. As far as moving him if you know your not going to keep him or you know your going to loose him you might as well try to get something before he walks away.

cd021
04-18-2020, 02:44 AM
I don't think they'll give up a first rounder so that the 35 YO prodigal son can come home. Without it, the Spurs don't do the deal. Hood is damaged goods, and wasn't all that to being with, Collins is injured. Ariza is about as old as LMA. There's just no upside to doing this deal. Better to keep one good player for one year than take on Portland's flotsam.

Portland giving up 3 players of little value; plus what could turn out to be a late first, for Aldridge, who even at 35, would be a massive front court upgrade seems like something they would do.

Without a big move Portland may be back in the lottery again after next season. Lillard wants to play with him again and Stotts coached him during his best seasons so there could be some internal pressure to bring him back.

Aldridge could also re-sign there after next season. His drastic improvement as a 3pt shooter should extend his career, so it may not end up being a one- year situation.

For the Spurs, they are almost certain going to rebuild, adding a first helps towards that goal. Also Collins might still turn into something, and Ariza seems to still be valued in the NBA for some reason. They could probably exact a second or two for him and Hood could be outright waived.

Without the first attached, obviously its a bad deal for the Spurs but Portland was reportedly willing to trade their pick this year even though it was likely lottery bound. They are willing to move firsts to get better.

FutureMan
04-18-2020, 10:22 AM
This is a bigger trade too. Does seem to work for everyone though:

CHI: DeRozan & Collins
POR: Aldridge & White
SAS: Porter Jr, Nurkic, Ariza, & Markkanen

exstatic
04-18-2020, 11:16 AM
Would be interesting to know if LMA would be open to moving to any team other then Portland. As far as moving him if you know your not going to keep him or you know your going to loose him you might as well try to get something before he walks away.

I don’t see him being a problem child if he’s moved anywhere else. I also don’t see him staying there, or frankly here, either. He’s going back to Portland, period. I don’t think he’ll be traded anywhere else, simply because teams know this, and won’t offer anything for him.

BackHome
04-19-2020, 12:51 AM
Portland is in a win now mode they have Whiteside contract ending so do they want him or do they want to trade for LMA? If I am Portland I would do the trade and giving the Spurs a late first would not be a deal breaker at all. As long as we get one year rentals I am OK with that cause as I said before we need to tank hard the next two seasons and hopefully hit the draft top 3 picks both years.

cd021
04-19-2020, 10:51 AM
Portland is in a win now mode they have Whiteside contract ending so do they want him or do they want to trade for LMA? If I am Portland I would do the trade and giving the Spurs a late first would not be a deal breaker at all. As long as we get one year rentals I am OK with that cause as I said before we need to tank hard the next two seasons and hopefully hit the draft top 3 picks both years.

Whiteside seems like he is one of those players who doesn't know his real value. Portland may offer him a reasonable deal and he'll probably turn it down. Portland appeared willing to move their 1st this year, even though it was likely lottery bound for a upgrade. I think they'd be willing to part with their 2021 pick, assuming that its lottery protected.

Dverde
04-19-2020, 03:11 PM

Works for me. Then trade Ariza for a pick. Still won’t happen

exstatic
04-19-2020, 10:37 PM

Chicago’s owner would fire the GM if he made that dumbass trade. Truly terrible for them.

FutureMan
04-20-2020, 12:10 AM
Chicago’s owner would fire the GM if he made that dumbass trade. Truly terrible for them.

I think you’re overvaluing what Chicago can get if Markkanen demands to be traded. Porter played like 15 games and is set to make around 28 million (easily one of the worst contracts) and not many teams would want to pay Markkanen, a big, substantial money the following year. So getting back DeRozan and Collins seems to be an obvious win.

But I am curious to know your opinion. How much do you think the Spurs would have to give up?? A second? A first??