PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: To replace Walton with Kidd?

lefty
03-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Tbh :lol
:lol Magic

Chris
03-24-2019, 05:37 PM
vEqU7JHkfu0

never forget :lol

Rummpd
03-24-2019, 08:38 PM
Please do so

Capt Bringdown
03-24-2019, 08:42 PM
LOL Jason Kidd

DMC
03-24-2019, 10:45 PM
Great players do not make great coaches.

Luck Walton isn't ready for prime time, but there are coaches out there who are.

Mostly they need to get rid of Magic. He sucked as a coach and sucks as a GM. He probably sucked dick as a player.

Danny Ferry would be a great GM for that team, despite his past transgressions.

gambit1990
03-25-2019, 12:09 AM
LOL if true.

Chris
03-25-2019, 12:21 AM
Great players do not make great coaches.

Luck Walton isn't ready for prime time, but there are coaches out there who are.

Mostly they need to get rid of Magic. He sucked as a coach and sucks as a GM. He probably sucked dick as a player.

Danny Ferry would be a great GM for that team, despite his past transgressions.

I bet Brent Barry would be a good coach or GM, but he's so good at being an analyst I doubt he will ever leave NBATV.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 12:47 AM
I'd rather be an analysist than a coach. A coach, you get fired after three years and are looking for work again. An analysist, you can say whatever the fuck you want. As long as your voice is soothing no one will ever notice you're an idiot. Look at Reggie Miller.

DMC
03-25-2019, 08:42 AM
I bet Brent Barry would be a good coach or GM, but he's so good at being an analyst I doubt he will ever leave NBATV.

He wasn't a great player.

DMC
03-25-2019, 08:43 AM
I'd rather be an analysist than a coach. A coach, you get fired after three years and are looking for work again. An analysist, you can say whatever the fuck you want. As long as your voice is soothing no one will ever notice you're an idiot. Look at Reggie Miller.

Pretty sure NBA TV isn't paying Brent head coach level money. You can afford a couple years off if you've put in 2 or 3 as a head coach.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-25-2019, 09:08 AM
Probably hoping if he pairs Lonzo with Kidd then he can revive Lonzo's career :lol

Clipper Nation
03-25-2019, 09:16 AM
:lmao

jehawk81
03-25-2019, 10:35 AM

Bro, you a homo

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Bro, you a homo

?

midnightpulp
03-25-2019, 11:31 AM
The Lakers main weakness as an organization is the inability to develop their draft picks. It's funny how some Lakers fans are doing the "I told you so" about Russell and Randle, when it's more likely they've flourished in spite of leaving the Lakers. Odds are, they'd be underperforming if still with the Lakers. The organization can play coaching musical chairs all they want, but it'll be futile until they fix their development process.

jehawk81
03-25-2019, 11:44 AM
?

You find Reggie Miller's voice soothing

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:45 AM

?

baseline bum
03-25-2019, 11:54 AM
The Lakers main weakness as an organization is the inability to develop their draft picks. It's funny how some Lakers fans are doing the "I told you so" about Russell and Randle, when it's more likely they've flourished in spite of leaving the Lakers. Odds are, they'd be underperforming if still with the Lakers. The organization can play coaching musical chairs all they want, but it'll be futile until they fix their development process.

:bobo exactly

Seventyniner
03-25-2019, 01:36 PM

The funny thing is that the Lakers were in the perfect position to benefit from the multi-year tank. Just build around the high draft picks and use their location and pedigree to gain the advantage on key free agents. Instead they shipped out all their good players to clear up cap space, and even LeBron couldn't save what was left.

Dancelot
03-25-2019, 02:03 PM
Isn’t he an assistant GM for the spurs currently?

Chris
03-25-2019, 03:26 PM

:lol

I find it quite grating.

Chris
03-25-2019, 03:27 PM
Isn’t he an assistant GM for the spurs currently?

Totally missed this :lol

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24710717/brent-barry-rejoins-san-antonio-spurs-front-office-job

Raven
03-25-2019, 04:59 PM
The funny thing is that the Lakers were in the perfect position to benefit from the multi-year tank. Just build around the high draft picks and use their location and pedigree to gain the advantage on key free agents. Instead they shipped out all their good players to clear up cap space, and even LeBron couldn't save what was left.

It's not so easy, effectively resigning either randle or dsnitch would mean give up on signing middle to high level free agents. They made the call that neither of those two is ever going to be a winning team type of player and I believe their assessment is very much correct. They need to establish an environment where players would take a mid level contract, if they are to build a team without mvp level young talent. And it isn't happening any time soon.

Bynumite
03-25-2019, 08:22 PM
Apparently this guy is getting strong consideration according to multiple sauces:

https://media.giphy.com/media/oAy00ftbV9i4o/giphy.gif

jehawk81
03-25-2019, 11:26 PM
:lol

I find it quite grating.

Mr. Body doesn't

Chris
03-25-2019, 11:40 PM
Mr. Body doesn't

Different strokes for different folks I guess, but Reggie Miller is a weird pick :lol

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 12:42 AM
Different strokes for different folks I guess, but Reggie Miller is a weird pick :lol

I couldn't think of other color guys. Point is they all are idiots but ESPN and other sites keep them on for some stupid reason.

Chris
03-26-2019, 01:37 AM
I couldn't think of other color guys. Point is they all are idiots but ESPN and other sites keep them on for some stupid reason.

Only good color commentator that I can think of is JVG.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 06:13 AM
Only good color commentator that I can think of is JVG.

Amazingly, Richard Jefferson is really good on Nets broadcasts. He's too witty and acerbic to ever do national stuff, but he's surprisingly entertaining.

MultiTroll
03-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Does Bron want Walton?
Does Bron want Walton gone 100%?