PDA

View Full Version : Denver to spoil Spurs ring night game???

Golffgod99
10-27-2005, 11:34 PM
Ok ok..its over..the going through the motions preseason ..so all you Spurs fans think..I dont wanna be negative but..I can see the Nuggets coming in here Tuesday and spoiling the season opener for everyone...unless the Spurs can flip a switch and look like the champs on game night...dont say I did not warn you guys...

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-27-2005, 11:36 PM
who cares..... win or lose we are still the fav for the championship

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-27-2005, 11:38 PM

the 'favourite' tag doesnt mean anything except that you have more pressure

Leetonidas
10-27-2005, 11:39 PM
You people worry to much about the preseason. I was at the game tonight and Tim, Brent, and Tony all scored more than 20 points. Finley hit a couple threes, Manu had some nice plays, everything looks fine to me. RASHO was even hitting shots.

FromWayDowntown
10-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Have the Nuggets hit a jump shot yet? I mean, I think I still hear those jumpers clanking from last spring.

Actually, I think the Spurs need to find some purpose between now and Tuesday, but they've actually shown in spurts this preseason that when they play focused basketball and pay attention to details, they can be awfully good. Then again, there seem to be a lot of defensive lapses for this late in the preseason and the offense bogs down a bit too easily at times.

Mostly, I'm a bit worried that they'll be very sloppy on Tuesday night -- much as they were in Game 1 of the First Round series -- and give the Nuggets an opportunity to hang around and steal the game in the end.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-28-2005, 12:04 AM

No it means we don't have to win 70 games in order to prove we are the favorite.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
Who gives a flying fuck up a squirrels ass? Not only are we the favorites, but we already won, and we went through denver to win the championship. So I hope the nuggs come into the sbc and play to win, if we lose, big whoop, its the first game.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:06 AM
You people worry to much about the preseason. I was at the game tonight and Tim, Brent, and Tony all scored more than 20 points. Finley hit a couple threes, Manu had some nice plays, everything looks fine to me. RASHO was even hitting shots.

Yeah, its alot different when the starters play more than thirty minutes.

G-Nob
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
You guys can't scare anyone in the league with Vashon Lenard.

Denver ==> OWNED

TOP-CHERRY
10-28-2005, 12:07 AM
Ok ok..its over..the going through the motions preseason ..so all you Spurs fans think..I dont wanna be negative but..I can see the Nuggets coming in here Tuesday and spoiling the season opener for everyone...unless the Spurs can flip a switch and look like the champs on game night...dont say I did not warn you guys...
I smell a Nuggs troll.

Solid D
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
And then there was this post from Goofball99 in June before Finals Game 5 - The pivotal Horry momentum-changing game. :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325918#post325918

06-16-2005, 11:25 PM #1
Golffgod99
Lottery Pick
Position: Streaky Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok..here is a possible but radical solution to the Spurs problems with the Pistons: Forfeit game 5..fly home early..then win the next two at home..anyone agree???

TOP-CHERRY
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Forfeit game 5? Wow.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:23 AM
And then there was this post from Goofball99 in June before Finals Game 5 - The pivotal Horry momentum-changing game. :lol

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=325918#post325918

06-16-2005, 11:25 PM #1
Golffgod99
Lottery Pick
Position: Streaky Guard
Team: San Antonio Spurs
vBookie Cash: $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoL at what spursfandan said. Whos balls?

Sense
Let's call him a tard.

Solid D
Seriously, several people in here have said opening night could be a Nuggets win simply because they have players who know how to close-out games and they've added one of the best 4th-quarter playmakers in Watson. The Spurs usually start slowly - so it would not be a surprise, nor impactful.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Opening night is a big night especially with the lousy pre-season they have had. The banner comes down, you get your rings and then lose the game not a good thing especially on TNT with a shitload of people watching. Spurs i feel need to win opening night, they can lose to the cavs in the next game but not opening night it will just sour everything.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM

Denver ==> OWNED

you guys cant scare anyone with your spelling mistakes :rolleyes

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Opening night is a big night especially with the lousy pre-season they have had. The banner comes down, you get your rings and then lose the game not a good thing especially on TNT with a shitload of people watching. Spurs i feel need to win opening night, they can lose to the cavs in the next game but not opening night it will just sour everything.

We're not going to lose, Don't you know... 82-0

dbreiden83080
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
I'll settle for 60 wins and everyone healthy going into the playoffs.

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
who gives a fuck when we have the ring :D:D

T Park
10-28-2005, 01:50 AM
you guys cant scare anyone with your spelling mistakes

No but having a bench that could beat other team's starting 5's and winning 70 games???

Id say that should put a scare in you.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 02:17 AM
No but having a bench that could beat other team's starting 5's and winning 70 games???

Id say that should put a scare in you.

if by other teams you mean the bobcats,jazz, blazers or lakers then you might be right but ur bench is overrated....... they havent done much at all so far

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 02:29 AM
first time showing their face since game 1 of da first round :lol

thats interesting coz i have more posts than you......did you jump on the Spurs bandwagon after the championship? you wouldnt be the first or last person to do that

cambrad
10-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Nuggets 130, Spurs 86. :)

RashoFan
10-28-2005, 02:39 AM
It will be nice to see what Denver brings to the SBC center and to see how the Spurs start this season off. I look forward to a great game...Perhaps a taste of the WCF round...eh?

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 02:43 AM
It will be nice to see what Denver brings to the SBC center and to see how the Spurs start this season off. I look forward to a great game...Perhaps a taste of the WCF round...eh?

who is going to be starting for you guys?

Rasho? im guessing Bowen will be back by then as well.....

RashoFan
10-28-2005, 02:57 AM
Rasho is starting along side Timmy, Manu, Bruce and I think Tony...

Slomo
10-28-2005, 03:19 AM
who is going to be starting for you guys?

Rasho? im guessing Bowen will be back by then as well.....

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 03:22 AM
Rasho is starting along side Timmy, Manu, Bruce and I think Tony...

i thought that would be the lineup.......its going to be a great game to start both our seasons

Phenomanul
10-28-2005, 07:45 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if we lose to the Thuggets, we did it on opening night two years ago (or last year) and then lost the Round 1 opener last year.

Solid D
10-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Will George Karl's son be in attendance? Hey I'm just asking.

samikeyp
10-28-2005, 07:55 AM
if by other teams you mean the bobcats,jazz, blazers or lakers then you might be right but ur bench is overrated....... they havent done much at all so far

um..ok. How is the bench supposed to "do something" if the season hasn't started yet? That is like saying "The Spurs are undefeated!" right now. You can't win or lose a game if the games haven't been played yet.

101A
10-28-2005, 08:21 AM

That's funny, I remember Michael Finley, Nick Van Exel, Brent Barry and Robert Horry as having had relatively storied (some would say better than average) careers to this point. Beyond that, the backup centers between them have started on NBA, World, and Olympic champion teams. That is part of the bench of which you speak.

Unless, of course, you meant "haven't done much this PREseason" - in which case. :lol

G-Nob
10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
I still want to know how you're going to score 130 with VOSHON Lenard!!
(Looks like Nuggs fan have adopted the attitude of their coach, the cry baby.)

Marcus Camby wants to know if he'll receive a stipend if his Nuggets lose on Tuesday.

pache100
10-28-2005, 08:47 AM
bMarcus Camby wants to know if he'll receive a stipend if his Nuggets lose on Tuesday.

No, but he has to wear a suit to OUR Ring and Banner Ceremony!

:baby

Extra Stout
10-28-2005, 09:46 AM
I wonder whether the Spurs really will take the season seriously until the All-Star Break.

The Pistons didn't last year. And, the Spurs don't appear to have any legitimate competition in the West. I doubt they're overly concerned about HCA. It sounds like Pop's priority is keeping veterans freah for the stretch run anyway. So, where's the edge? What's the motivation? If they go 53-29 rather than 63-19, what difference does it make to them?

So, yeah, I could see their losing to the Nuggets. Heck, I could see their being 24-17 at the halfway point.

MiNuS
10-28-2005, 09:55 AM
I feel the SBC/AT&T Center will definitely communicate alot of electricity.The rings,the banner,the crowd, will give the Spurs a mental advantage over the Nugs.

Spurs 89-Nugs 86
High Scorer Parker
High scorer bench:Finley

boutons
10-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Spurs vs Nugs is a MUST win.

The Champions and overwhelming favorites to repeat MUST start the season with a win.

The Champions MUST win the game on the evening where Rings are presented and the Championship feted. It's FUCKING PARTY, you don't lose games at your own party at your house.

I don't give a shit about swagger, I just want to see confidence of champions, workmanlike hustle, and DEFENSE, which we haven't seen since 23 June.

Losing to whiny George Karl Nuggs AT SBC on NATIONAL TV is simply not permissable.

MiNuS
10-28-2005, 10:08 AM
definitely,definitely not permissable.

Spurminator
10-28-2005, 10:08 AM

:lol

T Park
10-28-2005, 10:54 AM
lol

how long before Boutons has the Rockets in "first" again?

Seeing as they won the division last year.

ambchang
10-28-2005, 11:01 AM
but then, how would a Nuggets fan know?

boutons
10-28-2005, 11:18 AM
I've NEVER had the Rockets first, T_park, you chickenshit quitter and liar.

romsey31
10-28-2005, 11:55 AM

I really really really hope the players have this same mentality...

Taladro
10-28-2005, 11:59 AM
When you are the champs it doesn't matter how you start the season. It only matter that you get to the finals and win. You don't have to prove anything to anybody, and we all know that the Spurs are going to win it all again.

sprrs
10-28-2005, 12:17 PM
I really really really hope the players have this same mentality...

Well I sure don't. If the players go into that state of mind they're goign to slack off, and I for one don't want to see that

Solid D
10-28-2005, 01:22 PM

The Champions and overwhelming favorites to repeat MUST start the season with a win.

The Champions MUST win the game on the evening where Rings are presented and the Championship feted. It's ******* PARTY, you don't lose games at your own party at your house.

I don't give a **** about swagger, I just want to see confidence of champions, workmanlike hustle, and DEFENSE, which we haven't seen since 23 June.

Losing to whiny George Karl Nuggs AT SBC on NATIONAL TV is simply not permissable.

That is so "boutons" of you....

....but in a good way.

san antonio spurs
10-28-2005, 03:29 PM
lol

how long before Boutons has the Rockets in "first" again?

Seeing as they won the division last year.
u got nerve u fucking quiter to call out someone
________
Live sex webshows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Solid D
10-28-2005, 04:10 PM
I've NEVER had the Rockets first, T_park, you chicken**** quitter and liar.

I think T Park is referring to this thread.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9178&page=1&highlight=division

Rynospursfan
10-28-2005, 05:04 PM
The Spurs will win the first two at home its the first road trip where they will struggle.

Vashner
10-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Spurs 108 Denver 98

5ToolMan
10-28-2005, 08:46 PM

Horry - SIX RINGS and one of the best clutch shooters in history.
Finley - Many time All Star with more skills than Nugglet.
Nazar - Solid defensive big who earned his first ring while new to the system.
Oberto - Toughness, Hustle and Smarts make a World and Olympic Champ.
NVE - Nerves of steel.
Barry - Perhaps the best pure shooter in the league. Plays all backcourt positions.
Beno - 2nd year player with great vision, great shot and solid upside.

No bench in the NBA has done more ... period!

bigbendbruisebrother
10-28-2005, 09:35 PM

Well, maybe the snack vendors.

NugzFan
10-28-2005, 10:10 PM

Denver ==> OWNED

wtf...that doesnt make any sense. its like saying the spurs dont scare anyone because of brent barry.

NugzFan
10-28-2005, 10:11 PM
I still want to know how you're going to score 130 with VOSHON Lenard!!
(Looks like Nuggs fan have adopted the attitude of their coach, the cry baby.)

Marcus Camby wants to know if he'll receive a stipend if his Nuggets lose on Tuesday.

eh, not that funny - try harder.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 10:42 PM
yeh TD is the one who was been bitchin' about the dress code , he should just shut his trap, stop complaining and just do the only thing he can and thats play ball ...

we all know now why TD is always so quiet, coz when he speaks all that comes out is crap :lol

G-Nob
10-28-2005, 11:03 PM
I love how the trash talking has already begun for opening night. Dude, give it up. Its only the first game of the year. If you think your team is much improved with the biggest acquisition of the summer being earl watson, you're looking at another early playoff exit. Thanks for spell-checking for me.

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I love how the trash talking has already begun for opening night. Dude, give it up. Its only the first game of the year. If you think your team is much improved with the biggest acquisition of the summer being earl watson, you're looking at another early playoff exit. Thanks for spell-checking for me.

months without bball leads to the need for some friendly jest before opening night........

RashoFan
10-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Ya Know...I love to see posts from supporters of the other NBA teams here. I think it is awesome that some of y'all come back and post your opinions.comments.condolences and congrats....
I will say this...It is nice to see y'all again.:)