PDA

View Full Version : Is this the least likeable Spurs team?

Spurtacular
03-24-2019, 11:34 PM
Like as people that is...

Some of you may think this is of little importance. Like in 2016 when the media stressed likeability often over policy in the presidential elections...

I had this thought when I was watching a post-game LMA interview. It just occurred to me that I don't much like him if I like him at all. And nobody on the Spurs with the possible exception of Patty are people that I like right off. Back in the day, Manu, Tim, T-Mac, D-Rob, Bonner, Jimmer, etc. were frankly very likeable people. Just seeing your thoughts. And if you think there is a less likeable team, list it. I know right off, some will do some Kawhi grudge posting; but this is something of interest to me, anyhow.

Chinook
03-25-2019, 12:00 AM
I will say, that while I enjoy this current team, I still like the idea of last year's team better. The Murray/Green/Anderson/Aldridge defensive core was amazing. Just adding one great scorer/passer and getting a healthier Gay would have been by goal for any Leonard trade. In that respect, though I wouldn't argue against the DeRozan trade being the best the team could do, the greater decision to maintain and prioritize signing offensive players was disheartening. Choosing Bertans over Kyle was the right call, but not getting a new defensive forward was a weird oversight. Maybe Green had overstayed his welcome, but replacing him with DeRozan's lack of spacing was dicey, especially in light of their commitment to starting Murray and Gay.

spurs10
03-25-2019, 12:14 AM
I'm more of the school of 'I'm glad the #2 drama is over.' but don't think of it as "Kawhi grudge posting." That was, day in and day out, a drag to deal with and made it hard to 'like' watching games as the season went on. Now I don't disagree that last year's team was likable, at least the ones who actually "played" games. This year has been fun to watch because it's just a team trying to get better. I don't get your dislike of LMA, but okay. He's extremely laidback and not animated or funny, but he seems like a decent dude to me. So yeah we don't have Tim, Manu, Bruce, and Brent, all very 'likable,' but I'm enjoying the season.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 12:20 AM
Well, I don't like you, if that's fair.

BillMc
03-25-2019, 12:40 AM
Jimmer was "back in the day?" We're waxing nostalgic about a guy who got cut in preseason? What about the good ole "Ryan Richards" era then? :)

I like LMA actually. I think he's a little quirky, and maybe even misunderstood here.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-25-2019, 12:48 AM
I like this team.

Your poll sucks.

RC_Drunkford
03-25-2019, 01:15 AM
you lost me at "Jimmer"

R. DeMurre
03-25-2019, 01:22 AM
I like this team.

Your poll sucks.

spurs10
03-25-2019, 01:23 AM
you lost me at "Jimmer" :lmao

Jimmer was "back in the day?" We're waxing nostalgic about a guy who got cut in preseason? What about the good ole "Ryan Richards" era then? :)

I like LMA actually. I think he's a little quirky, and maybe even misunderstood here. :lol Jimmer......yeah those were the days!

spurs10
03-25-2019, 01:24 AM
I like this team.

Your poll sucks. Yeah I like this team too!
:flag:

Pavlov
03-25-2019, 01:27 AM
The team I hated most was the one Jimmer was on for two and a half days.

UnWantedTheory
03-25-2019, 01:37 AM
Are we judging by when they speak, or what is spoken about them? I actually don't find any player on the team truly unlikable, as they all seem like decent enough fellows.

jmard5
03-25-2019, 01:39 AM
Not sure why you dislike LMA during his interviews. It's not that he exudes arrogance or anything. Or maybe the constant "you know"? (Read somewhere that he has childhood stuttering, that's why he always say "you know" during interviews.)

Nivek_ogre
03-25-2019, 01:53 AM
Jimmer? Really? He was on the team a month.

spurs10
03-25-2019, 02:18 AM
The team I hated most was the one Jimmer was on for two and a half days. That got a laugh!

KimmyGib
03-25-2019, 02:42 AM
That's what Patty's here for

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-25-2019, 03:27 AM
Yes. No Tim, Tony, or Manu.

Racspur1
03-25-2019, 03:33 AM

:wakeup:lmao

SouthTexasRancher
03-25-2019, 05:07 AM
I like parts of it. But, we need pieces if we hope to win another championship in the next 5 years.

Rummpd
03-25-2019, 05:10 AM
Team I like - tired of coach even though all time great

monty4329
03-25-2019, 05:48 AM
Why you don't like LMA? He actually speaks english...Among most of All Star level players, he is one of the few you can say he has a good family background just by listening to him. Timmy is a great guy but wasn't exactly Joyce when answering questions either. And TP?...

To me, besides crybaby, I like the whole roster attitude usually. Most of them don't answer just the usual bs that PR dept feeds them, but try to articulate thoughts in complete sentences.

Last year's team was maybe more likeable because was undermanned and held hostage by the uncle-nephew couple. But I like the guys we have. Are there (many) better groups in the NBA today? Just asking, I know they say Sac.to is a great group, and Indiana too, but I don't know personally.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-25-2019, 06:30 AM
I hated when RJ and Blair were on the same team. To me that was the most unlikeable team.

kaji157
03-25-2019, 07:06 AM
To say the truth I am ok with LMA on court now, and he kind of speaks a lot more sense than before. Looks like a guy who has embraced the leadership role and finally understand what means to lead by example. Manu retiring left a big hole on that aspect and LMA seems comfortable on it. The only problem I have with him it's him saying "you know" every two words.
DeRozan seems like a good guy just mentally soft, says the right things but I don't know if he believes what he says. I hope Pop can change that, clearly he would have been the greater beneficiary of playing with Manu at least one year.
I really don't like Mill attitude, like he is now more emocional and had created a character trying to be the new emotional spark plug. I prefer him making his threes and focusing on defense.
Clearly not having none of Tim, Tony and Manu makes this team the least likeable since then.

Harry Callahan
03-25-2019, 08:32 AM
Richard Jefferson annoyed me. That was outweighted by having the Big Three.......

This years team is much more likeable that last years for one reason. I think it is easy to figure out why.

sananspursfan21
03-25-2019, 08:56 AM
2010’s team was the most hatable. Such a “stacked” team but so bad. Couldn’t stand that team, big 3 or not. This is a fun team to watch. Yeah they suck some games but their talent is being beyond maximized. I don’t know how you can hate this team

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 01:46 AM
Not sure why you dislike LMA during his interviews. It's not that he exudes arrogance or anything. Or maybe the constant "you know"? (Read somewhere that he has childhood stuttering, that's why he always say "you know" during interviews.)

He doesn't say that arrogant of things, usually; that's why it took a long time for me to just think I just don't really like this guy. He just seems like a very self centered person with no real world awareness. Couple that with the stories for him being a diva and I can't say I'm fond of the guy.

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 01:49 AM
Why you don't like LMA? He actually speaks english...Among most of All Star level players, he is one of the few you can say he has a good family background just by listening to him. Timmy is a great guy but wasn't exactly Joyce when answering questions either. And TP?...

To me, besides crybaby, I like the whole roster attitude usually. Most of them don't answer just the usual bs that PR dept feeds them, but try to articulate thoughts in complete sentences.

Last year's team was maybe more likeable because was undermanned and held hostage by the uncle-nephew couple. But I like the guys we have. Are there (many) better groups in the NBA today? Just asking, I know they say Sac.to is a great group, and Indiana too, but I don't know personally.

Yea, he's very well spoken. But he's not endearing, tbh. I was perhaps giving him some extra credit for his great play at times. But he just seems very me-centric. TBH, if he had any balls he would've been calling out Kawhi.

r0drig0lac
03-26-2019, 07:05 AM

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Johnny Tightlips
03-26-2019, 08:28 AM
Go suck a lemon.

baseline bum
03-26-2019, 09:37 AM
Not even close, I'll go with 85-86 just for having Alfredrick Hughes on the team and for Ice having been shipped off to Chicago.

ZeusWillJudge
03-26-2019, 09:43 AM
you lost me at "Jimmer"

:lmao

It isn't really a poll, when the OP keeps coming back to try and tell people why his take is the right one.

duncan2k5
03-26-2019, 11:00 AM
By far... There is no one on the current team I like apart from Davis, White, and Murray... Can't comment on our rookie yet

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:44 AM
:lmao

It isn't really a poll, when the OP keeps coming back to try and tell people why his take is the right one.

"Coming back" is answering questions.

:lol Stupid faggot.

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:47 AM
By far... There is no one on the current team I like apart from Davis, White, and Murray... Can't comment on our rookie yet

For me this isn't a shot at the current team as much as it is a compliment to the former Spurs teams. I'm not saying this team doesn't have its qualities.

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 12:48 AM
Also, people answering that this isn't the least likeable Spurs team, but nobody saying who is less likeable.

TimmyBuckets
03-31-2019, 01:57 AM
Thought about it. Yup.

DMC
03-31-2019, 02:17 AM
Maybe least "want to know" team. They seem like all mercs even Patty. It doesn't feel like the Spurs at all, no real core.

DMC
03-31-2019, 02:19 AM
Not even close, I'll go with 85-86 just for having Alfredrick Hughes on the team and for Ice having been shipped off to Chicago.

Also, people answering that this isn't the least likeable Spurs team, but nobody saying who is less likeable.

Spurtacular
03-31-2019, 02:21 AM
People is plural last I checked. Though frankly, it was a broad assessment more than anything else. Also :lol that he had to go back 34 years. That's really speaking more to my overarching point that this team is not so likeable, tbh.

DMC (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665)

Gagnrath
03-31-2019, 07:02 AM
I like this team, that said this doesn't feel to me like a spurs team with our Big 3 gone... The team was defined by the Duncan, Manu, Parker trio for over a decade. In pro sports thats an eternity. With them being gone it feels like the spurs need to forge a new Identity since the mantle of leadership did not follow the intended line of succession. That said some of the 80s and 90s teams were way less likable being filled out with divas and arseholes. With Robinson being a shining exception.

DMC
03-31-2019, 12:53 PM

People is plural last I checked. Though frankly, it was a broad assessment more than anything else. Also :lol that he had to go back 34 years. That's really speaking more to my overarching point that this team is not so likeable, tbh.

DMC (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665)

"Nobody" is singular.

slick'81
03-31-2019, 03:43 PM
Maybe least "want to know" team. They seem like all mercs even Patty. It doesn't feel like the Spurs at all, no real core.

This is how i feel.still patty,poodle,white,murray,davis all are truly spur type guys.Hell i even like bryn and gay

spursistan
03-31-2019, 09:03 PM
Easily..