PDA

View Full Version : Derrick White now leads all PGs in defensive rating

R. DeMurre
03-25-2019, 09:35 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1

He passed Marcus Smart after last night's performance.

Arcadian
03-25-2019, 09:39 AM
Badass

r0drig0lac
03-25-2019, 09:47 AM
it's normal, he will be 1st team all-defense for sure

TDomination
03-25-2019, 09:47 AM
amazing! i love knowing we have the best Defensive PG in the league. And have another All NBA Defensive PG on the shelf for next year

Rusty
03-25-2019, 09:58 AM
MVWhite:cry

lmbebo
03-25-2019, 10:06 AM
Murray last year at 3.6. Surprising is DDR being 36th for SG at -0.06

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:10 AM

Last year, you were actually allowed to play defense, fight through picks, bump cutters, etc.

BD24
03-25-2019, 10:44 AM
He and Jakob have both been huge in our defensive improvement. Excited to see Murray, White, Jakob lineups next year.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-25-2019, 10:47 AM
don't get your hopes up. All this positive talk about White should be tempered. It takes away from DJ :cry Derrick White isn't going to improve next year anyways so why even get excited for his future?

KDKSpurs24
03-25-2019, 11:38 AM
DeRozan has been much better on D lately and giving a lot of effort. It’s really good to see. On offense, I just wish he was still AT LEAST able to hit the 3 at the same 31% clip he did last year. The team would be much better with a bit more space to operate in.

GusT15
03-25-2019, 11:43 AM
It's pretty awesome that advanced metrics agree with the eye test on the amazing effect White has on the Spurs defense.

If only we had someone at SG instead of Forbes to shoot the 3 better than Bryn while contributing with elite defense.

But those players are so hard to come by.

(Now don't go check the DRPM of the Shooting Guards cause you'll get depressed)

ZeusWillJudge
03-25-2019, 11:46 AM
Just so long as he doesn't get picked for the All Defensive Team. They don't give that award to actual good defenders.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Three Spurs or former Spurs in the top five.

R. DeMurre
03-25-2019, 11:48 AM
The fact that the Spurs have two shots in the first round of the draft this summer gives me a lot of hope that the roster will round out in a very positive way. Looking at the current standings, it seems almost miraculous that this team has a mere 7 fewer wins than a Golden State Warrior team that won 73 games and then added Kevin Durant. The parity in the league is nice now, in my opinion. Look at Toronto: by almost all accounts, they "won" the Kawhi Leonard trade, but they're on pace to finish with fewer wins than last year. I viewed this season as a transition year for the Spurs, and have to say they've handled it beautifully.

emanueldavidginobili
03-25-2019, 11:59 AM
it's normal, he will be 1st team all-defense for sure
He won’t even make 2nd team unfortunately

BSfromTX
03-25-2019, 12:20 PM
The fact that the Spurs have two shots in the first round of the draft this summer gives me a lot of hope that the roster will round out in a very positive way. Looking at the current standings, it seems almost miraculous that this team has a mere 7 fewer wins than a Golden State Warrior team that won 73 games and then added Kevin Durant. The parity in the league is nice now, in my opinion. Look at Toronto: by almost all accounts, they "won" the Kawhi Leonard trade, but they're on pace to finish with fewer wins than last year. I viewed this season as a transition year for the Spurs, and have to say they've handled it beautifully.

Careful. Any reasonable optimistic perspective can get you thrashed in here!

very good take

D-Robinson 50 fan
03-25-2019, 01:49 PM
That's cool to hear. The guy, using the eye test is a good defender and hopefully he will be awarded with a all defensive team nod

LaMarcus Bryant
03-25-2019, 02:13 PM
omg Dejounte last year was a beast

SAGirl
03-25-2019, 02:28 PM
:worthy:

exstatic
03-25-2019, 02:29 PM
omg Dejounte last year was a beast

Well, he was, but you were also allowed to actually defend last year.

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 02:52 PM
We don't know what D.Murray we're gonna get going forward with the injury he had so we need to pump the brakes on him coming back and looking like the second coming of prime Rondo defensively.

sasaint
03-25-2019, 03:08 PM

Despite some very demoralizing defeats this season, Pop and the team deserve kudos. When you have a team like the Dubs, I don't totally agree with your parity comment. And as far as the draft is concerned, I don't see the Spurs actually using both first-round picks. I think Pop already has more youth than he would like. I look for a rare Spurs' trade.

FkLA
03-25-2019, 03:22 PM
:lol I remember earlier in the year people used to say Instagram Baller was an elite defender and White was just "good". Its been obvious for months that he's easily the superior defender out of the two.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 03:27 PM
:lol I remember earlier in the year people used to say Instagram Baller was an elite defender and White was just "good". Its been obvious for months that he's easily the superior defender out of the two.

On the ball. DJ is still a holy terror in the passing lanes, and on the glass, far better in those areas. Isn't it nice to have both of them on our team?

Keepin' it real
03-25-2019, 03:29 PM
That's nice, but wake me up when averages 20 points and 10 assists per game.

Drom John
03-25-2019, 03:35 PM
So, for not just defense, RPM among point guards:

Offense RPM:
38. Dennis Schroder
39. Derrick White
40. Delon Wright

Combined RPM:
15. Monte Morris
16. Derrick White
17. Malcolm Brogdon

WINS [AKA Combined RPM * Playing Time]
21. Jamal Murray
22. Derrick White
23. Cory Joseph

exstatic
03-25-2019, 03:38 PM
That's nice, but wake me up when averages 20 points and 10 assists per game.

You mean that bar that's only been met 27 times for a full season in the history of the NBA? Only 12 guys in the HISTORY of the NBA put up 20p/10a seasons, multiples accounting for the 27 instances.

KDKSpurs24
03-25-2019, 05:12 PM
On the ball. DJ is still a holy terror in the passing lanes, and on the glass, far better in those areas. Isn't it nice to have both of them on our team?
He won’t respond to this. It’s a shame that he needs to put Murray down to prop White up. I’m very excited that we have both guys. Opposing backcourts will dread the nights they have to go against these two. Why do we have to pit teammates against each other? Makes no sense at all..

BillMc
03-25-2019, 05:18 PM
Defensively they should be a terror together. All the questions are offensive, especial with DeMarr there too.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Defensively they should be a terror together. All the questions are offensive, especial with DeMarr there too.

Smothering defense creates offense.

slick'81
03-25-2019, 05:33 PM
It's pretty awesome that advanced metrics agree with the eye test on the amazing effect White has on the Spurs defense.

If only we had someone at SG instead of Forbes to shoot the 3 better than Bryn while contributing with elite defense.

But those players are so hard to come by.

(Now don't go check the DRPM of the Shooting Guards cause you'll get depressed)

patty mills?

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-25-2019, 05:36 PM

True.

And nice signature updates. :tu

GusT15
03-25-2019, 05:45 PM
patty mills?

Contract year Danny Green by far the best DRPM SG in the league and 44% from 3 (Iggy first,by he's playing half minutes off bench at SF)

John B
03-25-2019, 06:24 PM
White, Murray and Poeltl will make it very hard to score on Spurs next year.

Keepin' it real
03-25-2019, 06:31 PM
You mean that bar that's only been met 27 times for a full season in the history of the NBA? Only 12 guys in the HISTORY of the NBA put up 20p/10a seasons, multiples accounting for the 27 instances.

Yup. I DEMAND EXCELLENCE!!!

BillMc
03-25-2019, 06:33 PM
True.

And nice signature updates. :tu

Cheers Ed!:bobo

RC_Drunkford
03-25-2019, 06:51 PM
Rudy Gay is 4th among SFs

TD 21
03-25-2019, 07:26 PM
Its past time all broadcasts, sites and video games update their listings. Not only should they be changed to bigs, big wings, wings, guards, but there's all kinds of players listed incorrectly (Brogdon shouldn't be PG any more than Gay should be SF) under the outdated format.

FkLA
03-25-2019, 09:36 PM

On the ball >>> passing lanes. White is also a better, smarter team defender. Besides, instagram baller's impact in the passing lanes is overstated...I consider someone like prime, DPOY nephew a "terror" in the passing lanes not him.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 09:44 PM
On the ball >>> passing lanes. White is also a better, smarter team defender. Besides, instagram baller's impact in the passing lanes is overstated...I consider someone like prime, DPOY nephew a "terror" in the passing lanes not him.

Just wait until DJ no longer is forced to play the entire game on the other team’s best scorer. You’re going to see a whole new level of ball hawking.

XDT76
03-25-2019, 09:52 PM

Then it will be good to have White on the other team ball handler and have Murray playing the passing lane.

SpurPadre
03-25-2019, 10:07 PM

Ok, how about 15 ppg and 5-6 assists per game?

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:12 PM

That’s doable, even for a Spur.

buujness
03-25-2019, 10:23 PM
On the ball >>> passing lanes. White is also a better, smarter team defender. Besides, instagram baller's impact in the passing lanes is overstated...I consider someone like prime, DPOY nephew a "terror" in the passing lanes not him.Murray made everyone better on defense last year; his impact was absurd. White's leading the league this year with a 1.64 DRPM, whereas Murray had a 3.60 in the same stat last year. Obviously, a huge part of that is the emphasis on allowing player movement this year, but that's still a major difference. On top of that, in his second year, Murray had 3.4 DWS, which compares quite favorably to Kawhi's 3.3 DWS in his second year.

White is a better on-ball defender, but he isn't quite the absurd team defender that Murray is.

That being said, we're blessed as fans of a team that will have both players on it, so we can just reap the insane amount of fun watching those two play together.

R. DeMurre
03-25-2019, 10:28 PM
#29 pick is #1 in defense, ahead of Chris Paul, Marcus Smart, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, and every other PG-- almost all of whom are making more than 10x what White is making, play more minutes, and have much higher usage rates-- and some people still say, yeah, but he isn't averaging 20 ppg! Unbelievable.

SpurPadre
03-25-2019, 10:31 PM
That’s doable, even for a Spur.

It is but he still can't do that, tbh. That's why White shouldn't start at Murray's expense next season outright. They both need to prove which one of them is the better starting PG assuming we get a true wing in the offseason and DeRozan goes back to being the SG.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:37 PM
It is but he still can't do that, tbh. That's why White shouldn't start at Murray's expense next season outright. They both need to prove which one of them is the better starting PG assuming we get a true wing in the offseason and DeRozan goes back to being the SG.
He won’t start at DJ’s expense. It’ll be at Forbes expense. Bryn was never supposed to start, and next year, he goes back where he belongs: the bench.

SpurPadre
03-25-2019, 10:46 PM
He won’t start at DJ’s expense. It’ll be at Forbes expense. Bryn was never supposed to start, and next year, he goes back where he belongs: the bench.

I'd be all for that but the fact remains we have and will continue to have DeRozan. So, is DeRozan at the 3 sustainable? Wouldn't we be better off with DeRozan at his more natural position while getting a true wing? Also, if DJ and White continue to be inconsistent scorers, that won't be enough to put us over the hump. Clearly, Forbes has no business starting for any playoff NBA team but our backcourt needs to score points consistently.

Slippy
03-25-2019, 10:55 PM
#29 pick is #1 in defense, ahead of Chris Paul, Marcus Smart, Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, and every other PG-- almost all of whom are making more than 10x what White is making, play more minutes, and have much higher usage rates-- and some people still say, yeah, but he isn't averaging 20 ppg! Unbelievable.

Correct it aint about the numbers. It's clear as day what his abilities are on both ends . We overlook the fact that this his real first full season in the nba because pop held him back last season. Considering he starts now, that's amazing progress from where hes come from.

YGWHI
03-25-2019, 11:39 PM
He won’t even make 2nd team unfortunately
Why? Voters have to pick 6 guards 6 forwards and 3 centers. It's not that hard to think they can vote Derrick

R. DeMurre
03-26-2019, 02:09 AM
Sportswriters look at advanced stats now more than ever before, so if D White is leading all PGs in DRPM at the end of the season I think that bodes well for him. Plus he'll have the advantage of being the "insider's pick," a lesser known name that excels under the radar-- that appeals to sportswriters and broadcasters.

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-26-2019, 04:14 AM
White, Murray and Poeltl will make it very hard to score on Spurs next year.

And all three will be on rookie contracts. Not bad for rebuilding on the fly.

r0drig0lac
03-26-2019, 05:03 AM

SouthTexasRancher
03-26-2019, 05:16 AM
Backcourt next season with Derrick White @ PG and Dejounte Murray @ the 2 guard. Pop can mix and mingle but, the defense of those two is going to be hell on wheels.

exstatic
03-26-2019, 06:36 AM
Why? Voters have to pick 6 guards 6 forwards and 3 centers. It's not that hard to think they can vote Derrick

They’re talking All D, which is only two teams, 10 guys. FWIW, I think they’re wrong, and he’ll get voted on one of the teams. He passes both the eye test, and the analytics test.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 09:16 AM

The weirdest part is that you really can't give White any credit. He's averaging 4 assists a game in his 1st year starting. It's not like it's a reach to think he can average 1 more assist a game in the future. Also he is averaging 10 points a game on only 8 shots a game. I think he can up his scoring average to 15 once LMA starts to decline. I assume that Murray will be taking all of Bryn's shots so I'm not expecting White to average more than 12 and 4 next year. But in years 3 and 4 he will (if healthy) be putting up those averages that you want.

duncan2k5
03-26-2019, 09:23 AM

White is also three years older

ZeusWillJudge
03-26-2019, 09:53 AM
I'd be all for that but the fact remains we have and will continue to have DeRozan. So, is DeRozan at the 3 sustainable? Wouldn't we be better off with DeRozan at his more natural position while getting a true wing? Also, if DJ and White continue to be inconsistent scorers, that won't be enough to put us over the hump. Clearly, Forbes has no business starting for any playoff NBA team but our backcourt needs to score points consistently.

All of this gets easy if Murray has learned how to shoot 3-pointers while he's been off.

emanueldavidginobili
03-26-2019, 10:06 AM
There’s no All NBA Third team so it’s only 4 guards but yeah I just don’t see it happen. I really hope so though

R. DeMurre
03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
The NBA All-Defensive team award only picks two teams of five each, first team and second team, 10 players total.

The All-NBA award picks three teams of five each, 15 players total.

FkLA
03-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Just wait until DJ no longer is forced to play the entire game on the other team’s best scorer. You’re going to see a whole new level of ball hawking.

We'll see. But until it happens he's not a "terror".

When the fuck has Instagram baller ever come close to that? But yeah let's just give him the reins because he had a season in 17-18 that wasn't even as good as White's this year. That's fair :rolleyes

Murray made everyone better on defense last year; his impact was absurd. White's leading the league this year with a 1.64 DRPM, whereas Murray had a 3.60 in the same stat last year. Obviously, a huge part of that is the emphasis on allowing player movement this year, but that's still a major difference. On top of that, in his second year, Murray had 3.4 DWS, which compares quite favorably to Kawhi's 3.3 DWS in his second year.

White is a better on-ball defender, but he isn't quite the absurd team defender that Murray is.

That being said, we're blessed as fans of a team that will have both players on it, so we can just reap the insane amount of fun watching those two play together.

You're comparing apples to oranges. DRPM last year, for all the top defensive PGs not just Murray, was higher than it is this year. He wouldn't crack a 3+ DRPM in this year's NBA.

Instagram baller had really good perimeter defenders in Green and Fathead playing alongside him. Those guys were good defenders before him and are good defenders after him. White has DeRozan and Forbes. Lol at this notion that he was somehow the guy responsible for the Spurs solid defense last season.

FkLA
03-26-2019, 12:43 PM
White is also three years older

Two years older but so what? If in two years you want to revisit this fine, but as of right now White is unquestionably the better defender and player.

TimDunkem
03-26-2019, 12:55 PM
Better shooter, playmaker, finisher, higher IQ. The gap isn't huge, but White is definitely the better player right now.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 12:59 PM
why not have both. you can play them together, have the great on ball defender AND the great passing lane defender sharing the floor. brilliant!

R. DeMurre
03-26-2019, 01:10 PM
I just don't get this impulse to pit teammates against each other... The Spurs, by any standard, did a damned good job of drafting late in the first round two years in a row-- why turn it into an either/or situation? They're both combo guards and in a pinch both could play three positions. Makes so much more sense to me to be celebrating the scouting department of the team rather than shitting on one player or the other.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 06:38 PM
The weirdest part is that you really can't give White any credit. He's averaging 4 assists a game in his 1st year starting. It's not like it's a reach to think he can average 1 more assist a game in the future. Also he is averaging 10 points a game on only 8 shots a game. I think he can up his scoring average to 15 once LMA starts to decline. I assume that Murray will be taking all of Bryn's shots so I'm not expecting White to average more than 12 and 4 next year. But in years 3 and 4 he will (if healthy) be putting up those averages that you want.

No the weirdest part is that you want to crown him the starter outright without seeing how competition plays out in the offseason and next preseason as if his numbers now were so clear and away better than DJ's from last years when they're not. It's just clear that he's too inconsistent on the offensive end to anoint him. His D is great and he definitely has promise but I just think expectations need to be tempered.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 06:57 PM
All of this gets easy if Murray has learned how to shoot 3-pointers while he's been off.

True but he's a natural PG and is built like a PG. He has the height of a two-guard but he needs to bulk up to be a true SG. Then again frail Bryn Forbes is ostensibly operating as a two-guard but he's one of the worst starting two guards in the league, if not the worst. But really, a big appeal of Murray is how he can bully most opposing PGs with his size. That would be gone if he started as SG. Those are just facts.

FkLA
03-26-2019, 07:08 PM
Instagram baller is a natural PG? :lmao

:lmao

:lmao :lmao

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 07:12 PM
No the weirdest part is that you want to crown him the starter outright without seeing how competition plays out in the offseason and next preseason as if his numbers now were so clear and away better than DJ's from last years when they're not. It's just clear that he's too inconsistent on the offensive end to anoint him. His D is great and he definitely has promise but I just think expectations need to be tempered.

i want them both to start. So you're talking out of your ass on that one. I've said from the get go that I want both to start and be the best defensive duo in the NBA. Also yeah he's inconsistent but let's not pretend that Murray was ever consistent on the offensive side of the ball. He consistently passed up open jumpers. My expectations need to be tempered? Bc I said he can average 1 more assist a game than he is already averaging. And bc I say he can score 5 more points a game when he will be a more focal point of the offense in a couple of years? I guess that's anointing somebody... Weird though for a Manu fan to care so much about points per game...

XDT76
03-26-2019, 07:13 PM
True but he's a natural PG and is built like a PG. He has the height of a two-guard but he needs to bulk up to be a true SG. Then again frail Bryn Forbes is ostensibly operating as a two-guard but he's one of the worst starting two guards in the league, if not the worst. But really, a big appeal of Murray is how he can bully most opposing PGs with his size. That would be gone if he started as SG. Those are just facts.

If Murray starts as the PG, given the current line up the SG would likely be White or Forbes, whom the pairing would just switch around if Murray is playing SG. Just to let you know, there is no rules in NBA to say that PG can only guard PG, White was assigned to guard Kawhi who is supposed to be SF/PF. Thus the opposing team would just assign whoever they think is the appropriate defender to guard Murray regardless of his position. It would be the same as who would be handling the ball in offense.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 07:16 PM
When the fuck has Instagram baller ever come close to that? But yeah let's just give him the reins because he had a season in 17-18 that wasn't even as good as White's this year. That's fair :rolleyes

LOL, but you want to give White the reins off his current season where he scored a whopping 4 points the other day and 3 points a few days before? TF?! My point is that no one of the two VERY promising players is running away with the starting job for next season.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 07:21 PM
i want them both to start. So you're talking out of your ass on that one. I've said from the get go that I want both to start and be the best defensive duo in the NBA. Also yeah he's inconsistent but let's not pretend that Murray was ever consistent on the offensive side of the ball. He consistently passed up open jumpers. My expectations need to be tempered? Bc I said he can average 1 more assist a game than he is already averaging. And bc I say he can score 5 more points a game when he will be a more focal point of the offense in a couple of years? I guess that's anointing somebody... Weird though for a Manu fan to care so much about points per game...

Now you're just putting words in my mouth or misinterpreting me just for the sake of talking down to someone to make you feel better about yourself. I'd like them both to start too but DeRozan is NOT a natural wing player and he's going to remain on this team for the foreseeable future. And as much as I'd like both White and DeRozan to start, I'm not sure either would have enough offense or the build to be a two guard for a whole NBA season. There are so many factors to consider that couldn't possibly be determined until the offseason and next preseason when Pop can set goals for them. That's what I mean by tempering expectations. This isn't a fucking video game. And by the way, Manu has one of top 70 PERS of all-time and would've scored a lot more points had he not sacrificed his role to fit Pop's plans for the team long-term.

ace3g
03-26-2019, 07:28 PM
https://twitter.com/AirlessJordan/status/1110699847114469379

sasaint
03-26-2019, 07:35 PM
I just tuned in. We had an 8 point lead two minutes ago. Now tie game and we can't hold on to the ball. I guess I'll turn the game off, and maybe...

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 07:57 PM
Now you're just putting words in my mouth or misinterpreting me just for the sake of talking down to someone to make you feel better about yourself. I'd like them both to start too but DeRozan is NOT a natural wing player and he's going to remain on this team for the foreseeable future. And as much as I'd like both White and DeRozan to start, I'm not sure either would have enough offense or the build to be a two guard for a whole NBA season. There are so many factors to consider that couldn't possibly be determined until the offseason and next preseason when Pop can set goals for them. That's what I mean by tempering expectations. This isn't a fucking video game. And by the way, Manu has one of top 70 PERS of all-time and would've scored a lot more points had he not sacrificed his role to fit Pop's plans for the team long-term.

Lol your direct quote was saying that I annoited and crowned him. And also your direct quote was saying you don't think he can average 15 and 5 a game. Nothing to misinterpret.

I actually have faith in DeRozan bc he's such a gym rat. He shot well in the corner 3 in Toronto last year and I see no reason why he can't do so again with a year under Chip. DeRozan might not be a natural wing but I think he can play Bruce Bowen (corner 3) enough to not fuck up the spacing too much. I also think that Derrick and DJ will be improved shooters in 2 years time (white next year and DJ the year after). So the spacing won't be as doomsday as people predict.

Also I'm ok with the spacing if you can dribble and create your own shot. Which all 3 can do. As long as you combine it with shut down defense. Our problem last year was that nobody could dribble and create their own shot or for others, but we still were ok bc of our defense. If we can keep the defense but add 3 players who can penetrate and create then I see us being just fine in the future. But I'm an optimist like that...

Hoops Czar
03-26-2019, 08:36 PM
Where does he rank on offense?

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 08:37 PM
0-10 smh. That's Lonnie Walker in his first game of serious minutes bad. Dude has got to score points.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 08:43 PM
could have used a spark from instagram baller in a game like this

GreekSpursfan
03-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Talk about falling asleep at the wheel, not fouling when we had a foul to give and allowing Kemba to blow past him and tie the game, embarrassing tbh. Playing 4 against 5 on offense because he can't shoot. Need to pump the breaks a little bit with White before we anoint him the second coming of prime Rondo defensively.

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2019, 08:54 PM
"Advanced" stats :lmao

White is out here giving career nights every other game. Murray only got lit up once (fluke game by Bonzo). Dejounte is better and it honestly isn't even close.

Slippy
03-26-2019, 08:55 PM
0-10 smh. That's Lonnie Walker in his first game of serious minutes bad. Dude has got to score points.

No excuses that's terrible shooting. But a little context on why he could be struggling.

He could easily be going through that rookie wall that hits other rookies earlier in Feb/ Jan. This is whites first full season as a starter and it did begin for 1month late because of injury. His shooting has been off for about a month now and he not finishing as strong as he did earlier in the season. Good indicators on his struggles.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 08:57 PM
No excuses that's terrible shooting. But a little context on why he could be struggling.

He could easily be going through that rookie wall that hits other rookies earlier in Feb/ Jan. This is whites first full season as a starter and it did begin for 1month late because of injury. His shooting has been off for about a month now and he not finishing as strong as he did earlier in the season. Good indicators on his struggles.

Agreed. Growing pains from a promising player who hasn't earned anything yet beyond this season.

timtonymanu
03-26-2019, 08:57 PM
The fact that the team goes to shit any time he struggles just shows how important he is. At the same token, why are we paying 13 million to a loser backup who also went 0 for whatever today and is a POS on the court all season. Not worried about White despite the haters having their agenda.

SpurPadre
03-26-2019, 08:59 PM
The fact that the team goes to shit any time he struggles just shows how important he is. At the same token, why are we paying 13 million to a loser backup who also went 0 for whatever today and is a POS on the court all season. Not worried about White despite the haters having their agenda.

No one is saying Mills should get playing time over Murray. Big fucking difference, bruh.

TheGreatYacht
03-26-2019, 09:02 PM
White is like Manu. When they're off, they're practically playing for the other team. Hard to win 4v6

timtonymanu
03-26-2019, 09:02 PM
No one is saying Mills should get playing time over Murray. Big fucking difference, bruh.

I was just saying it's annoying how he's paid 13 million a year when he's barely better than Forbes on some nights and the worst guard in the rotation on others. Everything White is going through is normal for a young player like himself, but dogshit Patty Mills does the same toxic shit on the court he's been doing for years and the front office still defends him smh so disgusting.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 09:04 PM
Ouch!! Hard to defend tonight :lol
Dammit Derrick :cry

Hoops Czar
03-26-2019, 09:08 PM
I was just saying it's annoying how he's paid 13 million a year when he's barely better than Forbes on some nights and the worst guard in the rotation on others. Everything White is going through is normal for a young player like himself, but dogshit Patty Mills does the same toxic shit on the court he's been doing for years and the front office still defends him smh so disgusting.
But don't you understand? That's what makes Pop so special... his uncanny ability to turn water into Crystal Meth.

RC_Drunkford
03-26-2019, 09:21 PM

Lonnie Walker is actually already a better player than Mills. The only thing Mills is better at is shooting the 3