03-25-2019, 09:32 PM
It means, they lost.

Do we really need a thread on this?

Dverde
03-25-2019, 09:37 PM
Clippers gonna get first round home court at this rate

TXstbobcat
03-25-2019, 09:37 PM
OKC loss tonight moved the spurs from the 8 seed to the 7 seed.

Millennial_Messiah
03-25-2019, 09:39 PM
it means we get the Nougats in the first round

Arcadian
03-25-2019, 09:39 PM
:lol seedings are gonna be changing every day...

BillMc
03-25-2019, 09:44 PM
:lol seedings are gonna be changing every day...
This

Seventyniner
03-25-2019, 09:51 PM
What does that mean?

That it will be very difficult for the Thunder to finish ahead of the Spurs.

TheRemix
03-25-2019, 09:57 PM
It means that the opposing team put the ball in the hoop more frequently than the thunder did

BatManu20
03-25-2019, 10:08 PM
They’ve lost 12 of their last 18... they don’t look good tbh. Any outsiders chance that PG had at MVP has all but evaporated tbh.

Uriel
03-25-2019, 10:12 PM
We should aim for the 7 seed and no higher. Nuggets are very beatable in the first round, and it lets us avoid the Warriors until the WCF.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 10:27 PM
They've dropped like a rock. Probably showing their prowess was always a bit dubious.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 10:29 PM
And I'd much rather face Nuggets in the first round than the Rockets.

R. DeMurre
03-25-2019, 10:32 PM
I feel bad in a way for Paul George, but he had a lot of options, and chose to tie his fortunes to Russell Westbrook. Bad basketball decision.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 10:38 PM
I feel bad in a way for Paul George, but he had a lot of options, and chose to tie his fortunes to Russell Westbrook. Bad basketball decision.

Not going to LAL was right. OKC has been pretty good this year. They have the same record -- and playing in the West -- as Boston does. Just a hard conference.

Now, how Indiana has played without Oladipo is remarkable. Of course they wouldn't have Oladipo if they hadn't traded for George. :lol

I can't fault him. He's had a great year he probably wouldn't have had anywhere else. Was actually in near-MVP discussion for a while.

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 10:38 PM
Watch Kerr and their pussy organization target us as a first round opponent and if necessary finish as the two seed thinking we're easier than OKC.

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:41 PM
Watch Kerr and their pussy organization target us as a first round opponent and if necessary finish as the two seed thinking we're easier than OKC.

They’d be wrong. OKC is the patsy, no matter what people here think.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 10:43 PM

I'd play OKC before SAS if I were any team. I'd also very much want to avoid Houston in the second round if I were GSW.

baseline bum
03-25-2019, 10:48 PM
Entropy is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bueZoYhUlg

exstatic
03-25-2019, 10:51 PM
I'd play OKC before SAS if I were any team. I'd also very much want to avoid Houston in the second round if I were GSW.

Right. CP3s hammy usually explodes in the WCFs. :lol

baseline bum
Clippers gonna get first round home court at this rate

Man have you seen Utah's schedule?

Degoat
So this gonna sound weak but honestly I’d rather be the 8th seed and face the warriors because if they beat us it’s expected but fans and the media have people believing the spurs could upset the nuggets (which I think we could too) but what if say the nuggets whoop our ass in a sweep. I think that would be even worse then losing to a warriors team who must people believe is a freaking cheat code of a team anyways

Keepin' it real
03-25-2019, 10:54 PM
What does that mean?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/161b1fa515d19f74153ea6460f37b43c/tenor.gif?itemid=12501764

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 10:54 PM
So this gonna sound weak but honestly I’d rather be the 8th seed and face the warriors because if they beat us it’s expected but fans and the media have people believing the spurs could upset the nuggets (which I think we could too) but what if say the nuggets whoop our ass in a sweep. I think that would be even worse then losing to a warriors team who must people believe is a freaking cheat code of a team anyways

You don't deserve to call yourself a fan.

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 10:59 PM

Houston might end up being the 4 seed, we don't know yet. IMO Kerr prefers us over OKC in the first round and if Houston ends up as the 4th seed watch them fall second.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:01 PM
Houston might end up being the 4 seed, we don't know yet. IMO Kerr prefers us over OKC in the first round and if Houston ends up as the 4th seed watch them fall second.

I don't see any reason why Kerr would prefer to face the Spurs.

Degoat
03-25-2019, 11:04 PM
You don't deserve to call yourself a fan.
lol perhaps, believe me I love the spurs and want them to succeed but next season will be the season to try to really win with Murray back, hopefully an improved LW4, maybe a steal in the draft, possible free agent signing maybe?

Kobe'sAchilles
03-25-2019, 11:09 PM
It means that Westbrook is going to go on another angry rant against the media and talk about how disrespectful people are to try and cover up the fact that he will lose 3 first round series in a row :lol

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 11:09 PM
I don't see any reason why Kerr would prefer to face the Spurs.

I'm trying to psychoanalyse them, i think they prefer us over OKC. I can see them coming out of that series with a couple of injuries. Steven Adams against donkey, RWestbrook against snake, it could get ugly

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:10 PM
I'm trying to psychoanalyse them, i think they prefer us over OKC. I can see them coming out of that series with a couple of injuries. Steven Adams against donkey, RWestbrook against snake, it could get ugly

Don't see it at all. Not even before OKC started crapping the bed lately.

ismael-robert
03-25-2019, 11:13 PM
There's already another thread called "8 seed" where you can see people discussing what it means

GreekSpursfan
03-25-2019, 11:18 PM
Don't see it at all. Not even before OKC started crapping the bed lately.

Playoffs are a different story, OKC can still play very tough defense and OKC is a very streaky team. If they get hot and with the history between some of the players involved this could get really interesting. People forget that we are starting two unproven and very inexperienced players as our backcourt. Playoff pressure is way different than regular season games.

Mr. Body
03-25-2019, 11:20 PM
Playoffs are a different story, OKC can still play very tough defense and OKC is a very streaky team. If they get hot and with the history between some of the players involved this could get really interesting. People forget that we are starting two unproven and very inexperienced players as our backcourt. Playoff pressure is way different than regular season games.

Nah.

KDKSpurs24
03-25-2019, 11:26 PM
Would be very difficult for them to Target the 2 if you look at Denver’s remaining schedule. They could lose a lot

tonski17
03-26-2019, 02:21 AM
so deep.haha :spin

monty4329
03-26-2019, 03:10 AM

If you watched the game you'd know they are in total disarray. In the last minutes memphis was having open shots in the paint, nobody was guarding anybody, let alone helping. On offense it is "Westbrook adventure" and 4 others watching what the heck is this guy doing....then he makes a mistake and blames teammates for being in the wrong position, it is hilarious. If it wasn't for SAC collapse they'd be risking the playoffs spot.

r0drig0lac
03-26-2019, 04:44 AM
It means that the opposing team put the ball in the hoop more frequently than the thunder did

this

they should not fear anyone, they would annihilate the two teams ,without doubt.

you and 99% of people who watch basketball today, just in spurstalk you will find someone believing that Kerr prefers a showdown against a team, that if the league allows can play some kind of physical basketball and maybe create a kind of problem for a team that has proved not to like this kind of confrontation, instead of facing a team that clearly has some defensive sieves playing significant minutes.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-26-2019, 12:54 PM
For GSW or Denver to try to strategize on seeding isn't even feasible at this point. I see both prefering home court throughout the playoffs than not. Denver is a tough road destination with the altitude, and I'm sure Kerr would rather face the Nuggets, or any team, the majority of a series with the games at home. With the bottom four teams so close, and now with Portland's setback, 4-8 could shuffle a few times in the last 9 games. Maybe teams would rather play the Spurs than the Thunder, but no one really knows where the bottom seeds will land.

GreekSpursfan
03-26-2019, 01:42 PM
this

they should not fear anyone, they would annihilate the two teams ,without doubt.

you and 99% of people who watch basketball today, just in spurstalk you will find someone believing that Kerr prefers a showdown against a team, that if the league allows can play some kind of physical basketball and maybe create a kind of problem for a team that has proved not to like this kind of confrontation, instead of facing a team that clearly has some defensive sieves playing significant minutes.

I agree about not fearing anyone but i'm just taking into account the history between certain players and a potential injury that might jeopardize their season going forward but right now this is moot point because Portland lost Nurkic and Houston will end up 3rd most probably so yeah, Warriors will go for first.

GreekSpursfan
03-26-2019, 01:50 PM
If you watched the game you'd know they are in total disarray. In the last minutes memphis was having open shots in the paint, nobody was guarding anybody, let alone helping. On offense it is "Westbrook adventure" and 4 others watching what the heck is this guy doing....then he makes a mistake and blames teammates for being in the wrong position, it is hilarious. If it wasn't for SAC collapse they'd be risking the playoffs spot.

I didn't watch the Memphis game so you are probably right. OKC is a weird team, you don't know what you're gonna get from them each night. I only take into account the potential injury if the Dubs go up agaisnt OKC because of the history there.

ZeusWillJudge
03-26-2019, 01:55 PM
For GSW or Denver to try to strategize on seeding isn't even feasible at this point. I see both prefering home court throughout the playoffs than not.

Nobody is going to potentially fuck up HCA in the Finals, just to try and pick their first round opponent. Nobody.

JohnnyMax
03-29-2019, 10:42 PM
Nuggets go 4-0 against the Thunder including this win on the 2nd night of a back to back. I know playoffs are different but Denver should feel very confident if they matchup with OKC in the first round.

itzsoweezee
03-29-2019, 11:12 PM
Perfect seeding currently. Nuggets-2, Blazers-3, Spurs-7. Let's hope it stays that way.

paperboy77
03-29-2019, 11:54 PM
SA must get that 7 or 6. Warriors have a cupcake schedule as opposed to Denver’s. Cannot face GS in round 1 if there’s any hope at all.

Dancelot
03-30-2019, 01:52 AM
Popovich?

cd021
03-30-2019, 03:21 AM
We should aim for the 7 seed and no higher. Nuggets are very beatable in the first round, and it lets us avoid the Warriors until the WCF.

Bingo.

Millennial_Messiah
03-30-2019, 03:52 AM
Nobody is going to potentially fuck up HCA in the Finals, just to try and pick their first round opponent. Nobody.

HCA in the Finals is pretty much shot for the West this year.

JPB
03-30-2019, 04:47 AM

Well, not necessarily actually, specially nowadays.

Dex
03-31-2019, 06:47 PM
OKC lost again to the Mavs tonight.

Spurs control their own destiny.

spursistan
03-31-2019, 06:49 PM
There's already another thread called "8 seed" where you can see people discussing what it means

spursistan
03-31-2019, 06:50 PM
Mods: Merge this thread with "8th seed" thread..

rascal
03-31-2019, 06:52 PM
SA must get that 7 or 6. Warriors have a cupcake schedule as opposed to Denver’s. Cannot face GS in round 1 if there’s any hope at all.

People so concerned about where the Spurs are seeded. It doesn't matter. Denver will beat the Spurs. And if they don't the Spurs won't get out of the next round.

paperboy77
03-31-2019, 06:55 PM
People so concerned about where the Spurs are seeded. It doesn't matter. Denver will beat the Spurs.

Odds are they would. Still the odds are better vs Denver than they would be vs GS right?

rascal
03-31-2019, 07:00 PM
Odds are they would. Still the odds are better vs Denver than they would be vs GS right?

Better but who cares. You think winning the first round is such a big deal.

Dex
03-31-2019, 07:03 PM
Better but who cares. You think winning the first round is such a big deal.

I care. Other people around here care.

If we are talking about things that people don't care about, it's what you think.

Mugen
03-31-2019, 07:06 PM
Spurs making sure that OKC loss means nothing :lol

8FOR!3
03-31-2019, 07:11 PM
I would think 6th seed would be the safest and best case scenario for us at this point right?

Dex
03-31-2019, 07:17 PM
I would think 6th seed would be the safest and best case scenario for us at this point right?

Definitely. That would ensure we avoid Golden State.

Denver doesn't really scare me that much, tbh. But I'd prefer to avoid a situation where we are dancing around the 7th and 8th spot to try to get them in the first round.

KDKSpurs24
03-31-2019, 07:23 PM
I’d be miserable if we played Houston. I hate that annoying style that they play. It’s not fun basketball to watch at all. Highly dislike Harden’s playstyle. Paul’s too.

Mr. Body
03-31-2019, 08:19 PM
Spurs sure aren't making it easy on themselves. They're sucking only slightly less than the Thunder. Guessing it'll be GSW just by stupid luck, but Denver will be rough, too.

slick'81
03-31-2019, 10:07 PM
Spurs sure aren't making it easy on themselves. They're sucking only slightly less than the Thunder. Guessing it'll be GSW just by stupid luck, but Denver will be rough, too.

Lets face it barring a miracle were getting the warriors