PDA

View Full Version : OT: How much did Duke pay for Zion Williamson?

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 01:19 AM
Thoughts?

https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamsons-kansas-recruitment-comes-hoop-scandal-trial-234727916.html

http://1045espn.com/dick-vitale-on-otb-03-25-19/ (13 minute mark or so) (http://1045espn.com/dick-vitale-on-otb-03-25-19/)

FrostKing
03-26-2019, 01:36 AM
If I remember correctly, Zion was the last of the 4 freshman to choose Duke so unlikely K went desperate mode after already locking down a great class

phxspurfan
03-26-2019, 12:15 PM
If I remember correctly, Zion was the last of the 4 freshman to choose Duke so unlikely K went desperate mode after already locking down a great class

Idk... apparently Wofford offered Zion free chicken tenders for life at the student union... Duke had to go big to counter that...

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 12:22 PM
I have no doubt Coach K and Duke are dirty.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 01:11 PM
He didn't pay him a dime. Coach K just told him that it would be an honor to play for Duke and that he will treat him like a regular joe. His playing time wasn't even guaranteed. Zion needed Coach K and not the other way around. And if that wasn't good enough for Zion then peace out homeboy cuz he about to win another championship with or without Zion.

DPG21920
03-26-2019, 01:34 PM
Who cares - hope he got a ton of money

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 01:41 PM
He didn't pay him a dime. Coach K just told him that it would be an honor to play for Duke and that he will treat him like a regular joe. His playing time wasn't even guaranteed. Zion needed Coach K and not the other way around. And if that wasn't good enough for Zion then peace out homeboy cuz he about to win another championship with or without Zion.

That's all bullshit. :lol John Calipari used to get all these guys (paying for them), but now players have wised up and are realizing he's a shitty coach and they stall out in the pros. Coach Rat Lord has decided to rip off some thousand dollar bills and take them instead. He was tired of snotty white dudes like Grayson Allen.

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 02:07 PM
That's all bullshit. :lol John Calipari used to get all these guys (paying for them), but now players have wised up and are realizing he's a shitty coach and they stall out in the pros. Coach Rat Lord has decided to rip off some thousand dollar bills and take them instead. He was tired of snotty white dudes like Grayson Allen.

He just sat across from Zion and his mother leaning forward and wearing all 5 championship rings on his hand (just freshly polished). And he tells them, I've got one free hand left. The only question is whether I'm going to win it with or without your son. And if you choose somewhere else to play, Imma whoop you like you've never been whooped before. Now go up to your room Zion while I have a one on one with your mother for an hour. :lol

Killakobe81
03-26-2019, 02:34 PM

this.

Killakobe81
03-26-2019, 02:34 PM

also this

FrostKing
03-26-2019, 02:42 PM
The resident DUKE hater

Every forum has one

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 03:19 PM
The resident DUKE hater

Every forum has one

Dude, everyone with a soul hates Duke.

It's freaks who only like to watch white players 'play the right way' who still like Duke. Or they work for ESPN.

Will Hunting
03-26-2019, 03:25 PM
This - he’s brought in millions for Duke and probably gives them the ability to bend Nike over on the schools next endorsement deal. He deserves money for the last year.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2019, 03:28 PM
duke gives players good chance of making the nba

but how many become successful in the nba? when it comes to winning championships? or becoming franchise players for teams to build around?... yeh they will get their big payday contracts, but they just be like any other scrub player in the league

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 03:31 PM
This - he’s brought in millions for Duke and probably gives them the ability to bend Nike over on the schools next endorsement deal. He deserves money for the last year.

Maybe. Still cheating on Duke's part, of course. But we know that rich white fucks are all about breaking rules in their favor nowadays.

Will Hunting
03-26-2019, 03:42 PM
Maybe. Still cheating on Duke's part, of course. But we know that rich white fucks are all about breaking rules in their favor nowadays.
Yeah I have no issues with duke getting punished for breaking any rules, I just don’t hold it against Zion.

Killakobe81
03-26-2019, 04:05 PM
Yeah I have no issues with duke getting punished for breaking any rules, I just don’t hold it against Zion.

agree on both accounts but let's be real lots of cheating in college BB not just Duke ... I just want some of the dirt on coach K exposed.
I dont want them to lose scholarships or vacate titles.
just proof the holier than though stuff from the media and the way he carries himself gets proven as horse-shit ...

Coach K decided when they go low we need to go low too his name wasnt enough anymore ...Cal was getting all the best talent.
Kudos to him for being teh best cheat ...and not getting caught.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:06 PM

Fair enough.

Duke will never, ever get punished, however. Hell, UNC had fraud classes for two decades and the NCAA gave them a sweet kiss on the lips.

Avant
03-26-2019, 04:07 PM
I seriously doubt Duke plays that pay for players, there is nothing that points that way. Sure with lesser programs.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:13 PM
I seriously doubt Duke plays that pay for players, there is nothing that points that way. Sure with lesser programs.

Yeah, these guys who could make $100,000 bucks for their families instantly are instead going to Duke for free.

:lol

FrostKing
03-26-2019, 04:28 PM

It's freaks who only like to watch white players 'play the right way' who still like Duke. Or they work for ESPN.
Black players at Duke were labeled 'uncle toms'. Perfect example of the self defeating black community they prefer to root for a 'bad boy' over Grant Hill.

Degree from Duke is top echelon of academics so playing basketball there considering the coaching, facilities and health staff is no brainer.

I rather play at Duke/UNC than go to the SEC (Kentucky) and be little brother to football majority of the year

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Black players at Duke were labeled 'uncle toms'. Perfect example of the self defeating black community they prefer to root for a 'bad boy' over Grant Hill.

Degree from Duke is top echelon of academics so playing basketball there considering the coaching, facilities and health staff is no brainer.

I rather play at Duke/UNC than go to the SEC (Kentucky) and be little brother to football majority of the year

I love some Eastern European racist talking about the black community. :lol

03-26-2019, 05:10 PM
NCAA is a money making machine, all of these top programs are dirty tbh. It's no coincidence the same teams keep winning over and over again

Avant
03-26-2019, 05:13 PM
Yeah, these guys who could make $100,000 bucks for their families instantly are instead going to Duke for free.

:lol

Anyone thinking Dude could have gotten away with that this long....hahahaha~~~~~~~

Avant
03-26-2019, 05:15 PM
NCAA is a money making machine, all of these top programs are dirty tbh. It's no coincidence the same teams keep winning over and over again

You don't know that, so why talk shit?

Avant
03-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Basketball like sprinting and football the best place to see the HUGE difference between the black and white athlete.

DMC
03-26-2019, 05:58 PM
With all these wealthy faggots paying their little drug and cum bucket darlings through ivy league schools, I'd love to see some poor black kid take the entire system for everything.

daslicer
03-26-2019, 06:49 PM
agree on both accounts but let's be real lots of cheating in college BB not just Duke ... I just want some of the dirt on coach K exposed.
I dont want them to lose scholarships or vacate titles.
just proof the holier than though stuff from the media and the way he carries himself gets proven as horse-shit ...

Coach K decided when they go low we need to go low too his name wasnt enough anymore ...Cal was getting all the best talent.
Kudos to him for being teh best cheat ...and not getting caught.

As a resident North Carolinian I can say Coach K buys players. He's done it for years down here but that's the case with all the big programs in NC ala UNC,NCSU,Wake Forest.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 06:58 PM
Anyone thinking Dude could have gotten away with that this long....hahahaha~~~~~~~

Bud, the NCAA took a direct look at UNC running fraudulent classes for its basketball players FOR TWENTY YEARS and said, "Meh." They ain't touching their cash cows.

Chris Fall
03-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Probably nothing. But that doesn’t mean he didn’t get paid. Guys like Coach K and Rick Pitino likely work the same way major college football programs do with using boosters and third parties to do the dirty work. That’s where this whole federal probe with Adidas and the recent allegations about a big Nike scandal come into play. All about plausible deniability and willful ignorance. That was Rick Pitino’s excuse. Find guys you can hire as assistant coach positions and staff support to act as middle men with shoe companies, AAU coaches, and family members so they can be the fall guy when shit hits the fan. And if Pitino didn’t hump that lady in a Denny’s bathroom years ago, and then again with the prostitute scandal, he probably would have been ok with his last scandal about bribes. Three strikes for ol’ Ricky.

That’s where Will Wade was dumb and made a rookie mistake by handling things himself over the phone. Even if Coach K knew about and authorized dirty deeds, he’ll skate unstained because he put protocols into place so he could remain “clean.” I’m sure Saban is the same way with booster money getting funneled to his blue chippers.

The rule rings true, like Cris Carter told rookie players a few years ago. Get yourself a fall guy.

DAF86
03-26-2019, 07:47 PM
College system for sports :lol

FrostKing
03-26-2019, 08:47 PM
It is tough to join the party as for example Gonzaga is attempting but CBB is still more wide open than the NBA. Villanova just won 2 outta 3.

UCLA has 1 title since 1995 and yet all that money.

Coaches still rule CBB. There is nothing dirty about being an elite teacher

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 10:22 PM

Coach K ain't no dummy. He's doing degrees of separation so that it doesn't come back to him.

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 10:24 PM

Duke essentially only playing with blacks in the tourney. There's whiter teams to root for, tbh.

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 10:26 PM

He deserves nothing. He's not above the rules. He could've played overseas if he needed to get paid.

Spurtacular
03-26-2019, 10:28 PM

Yup. Though Duke has seemed clean by NCAA standards to this point.

FrostKing
03-27-2019, 12:58 AM
You guys are ignoring one big factor - THE RIVALRY

ESPN puts highlights of the DUKE/UNC series on repeat and kids want to be that guy forever carved in highlight stone

How do you explain the downfall of Uconn?

basquetbol
03-27-2019, 03:55 AM
Duke did not pay a dime, boosters who took it upon themselves to purchase Zion's services for a year without Coach K and Duke knowing were the ones who paid Zion.

Spurtacular
03-27-2019, 06:25 PM
Duke did not pay a dime, boosters who took it upon themselves to purchase Zion's services for a year without Coach K and Duke knowing were the ones who paid Zion.

And Coach K ain't seeing shit if ya know what I mean.

Spurtacular
03-27-2019, 06:26 PM
This is Coach K's best bud.
Nuff said.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/MMcdEXLXA9RrghNUR32ZNxIL2lk=/0x0:3899x2599/1200x800/filters:focal(0x0:3899x2599)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/38897564/20140820_pjc_ae5_073.JPG.0.jpg

Spurtacular
03-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Duke's fate if they hadn't paid for Zion. Mikey knows this, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLEA7_VUAdQ

UZER
03-27-2019, 08:10 PM
Coach K was “sick” for a year or two when he realized his Duke team was going to suck. All those loses didn’t count against his record.

03-27-2019, 08:56 PM
There was a video with all the duke freshmen saying they met during aau and started texting each other. At some point they decided they were all going to team up. I think it was RJ or Cam that decided on Duke and the others followed

Spurtacular
04-07-2019, 03:07 AM
:lmao Duke gonna get down to the bottom of it. :lmao

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26458047/duke-looking-claim-nike-paid-zion-mother

Mr. Body
04-07-2019, 09:34 AM
Paid him too much, apparently.