PDA

View Full Version : Kick the Tires on Devin Booker....

coachmac87
03-26-2019, 01:59 PM
He’s locked in to a contract but he’s publicly stated he’d be unhappy if they don’t win...

Wouldn’t be surprised if he demands trade this offseason..

Spurs have a roster issue going forward with guards who may not fit going forward....

If rumors are true about Pop sticking around maybe they’d draw interest from other players wanting to “win”

Wouldn’t hurt to kick the tires if opportunity presents itself

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 02:02 PM
if you think derozan is poor defensively...

at least this guy can shoot though

BG_Spurs_Fan
03-26-2019, 02:16 PM
A low % chucker with bad intangibles and impact stats and beyond terrible defense. Super expensive too.

What's not to like?

exstatic
03-26-2019, 02:20 PM
Another package of empty calories NBA junk food, brought to you by University of Kentucky.

exstatic
03-26-2019, 02:23 PM
In his second year, he scored 22.8 points, and his PER, which is heavily offensively weighted, was 14.8, below the league average replacement player value of 15.0. That tells he me does NOTHING else on the court.

vavvi
03-26-2019, 02:23 PM
A hard no

Kobe'sAchilles
03-26-2019, 02:24 PM
Is Pop going to be around for 4-5 more years? Bc if so then yes please. He shows the effort and the wanting to improve, he's just a stupid idiot of a player :lol

SpurSpike
03-26-2019, 02:52 PM
He is one ugly mofo, but he can score and is tall enough also you teach defense and we have the goat defensive coach. So i vote yeah see what he is worth........then i saw his contract 5 years $158 million that doesn't even start till next season. Hell no, he ain't worth it! I don't want to stare at that ugly face for 5 years!

sananspursfan21
03-26-2019, 02:56 PM
I mean, as we always say, if anyone can turn a player around it’s Pop. But boy, does that guy not play defense. I can handle not having the tools but you have to at least fight on defense.

exstatic
03-26-2019, 03:15 PM
I mean, as we always say, if anyone can turn a player around it’s Pop. But boy, does that guy not play defense. I can handle not having the tools but you have to at least fight on defense.

Pop will admit that he can't "turn around players". What they do is select players who will do well in the system. Once a player has had success on an individual level, and made some money, it's really hard to retrain them to do something as fundamental as defense. They basically become uncoachable.

sasaint
03-26-2019, 04:03 PM
He’s locked in to a contract but he’s publicly stated he’d be unhappy if they don’t win...

Spurs have a roster issue going forward with guards who may not fit going forward....

If rumors are true about Pop sticking around maybe they’d draw interest from other players wanting to “win”

Trolling us, right?

Do you think this guy is Spurs' material?

coachmac87
03-26-2019, 04:18 PM
Trolling us, right?

Do you think this guy is Spurs' material?

Not trolling ok kicking the tires on one of the most skilled players under 25...especially one who can be asking for a trade

exstatic
03-26-2019, 04:20 PM
Not trolling ok kicking the tires on one of the most skilled players under 25...especially one who can be asking for a trade

He's an empty stats chucker, nothing more.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:22 PM

I'm continually surprised at how stupid posters are on this forum.

Booker is trash. Pure empty stats. No idea how to win basketball games. If you trade for him, you'd have to completely rewire his basketball brain and that might take three years. More likely he'd bolt and just want to start hoisting crap-ass shots for a shitty franchise instead.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2019, 04:23 PM
signs max or supermax knowing they are on a shit team, then complains about not winning....

rewarding scrubs and ballhogs is the nba thing to do

sananspursfan21
03-26-2019, 04:23 PM
Pop will admit that he can't "turn around players". What they do is select players who will do well in the system. Once a player has had success on an individual level, and made some money, it's really hard to retrain them to do something as fundamental as defense. They basically become uncoachable.

Yeah, hence why Spurs don’t even do much as go for these guys in FA or trades. He seems like he’ll have kind of a forgettable career in the grand scheme

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Booker is essentially the same was Wiggins. Just a bad player who eats up a TON of cap space. Franchise killers.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-26-2019, 04:27 PM
Booker is a chucker. He can score points, but he can also be shut down. His numbers are inflated because he's on a terrible, terrible, terrible team.

SpursDynasty85
03-26-2019, 04:27 PM
Booker is essentially the same was Wiggins. Just a bad player who eats up a TON of cap space. Franchise killers.

Booker is wayyy better than Wiggins. His offense is top 10 talent.

Mr. Body
03-26-2019, 04:29 PM
Booker is wayyy better than Wiggins. His offense is top 10 talent.

Lol, no he's not. They're both utterly shitty.

KimmyGib
03-26-2019, 04:54 PM
Yikes, I sure hope not. Truth is, Booker is exactly where he should be. Crappy teams and players like Booker compliment each other perfectly. He gets to put up big numbers and get paid the big bucks, while never having to play a level of team basketball at which he's incapable of excelling. Team has higher entertainment value and sells more tickets, while still successfully tanking. Win-win. On a playoff team, he'd cost a fortune and get exposed fast. It'd be lose-lose. So yeah, hell no.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 05:25 PM
the thing with booker is that he's at least got respectable efficiency for such a volume player. when you think high scorer or bad team you're thinkin a chucker who shoots 41% or something

tenbeersbold
03-26-2019, 05:27 PM
LMFAo,Booker has never been coached,do you really think he has the mental fortitude to handle being coached by Pop LOL