PDA

View Full Version : Rasho to start on opening night! :)

ploto
10-27-2005, 11:50 PM
Rasho Nesterovic continued to start in place of Mohammed. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he expects Nesterovic to start in next week's games since Mohammed has played in only three of eight preseason games.
Popovich credited Barry for solid defense and playing well offensively with Finley when they were on the floor at the same time. Popovich also said he was pleased with Tony Parker's defense and Nesterovic's performance.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/specials/weblogs/courtside/archives/2005/10/spurs_look_clos.html

ploto
10-28-2005, 12:20 AM
On Rasho Nesterovic - “He had 10 boards in 23 minutes. He played longer and obviously he’ll be the starter next week. Nazr (Mohammed) won’t join us until tomorrow or the next day.” --Pop

http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_051027.html

Leetonidas
10-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Rasho played pretty good tonight. He altered a lot of shots and sank some.

Chris
10-28-2005, 12:24 AM
Amen. :angel

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:25 AM
Did Rasho Dunk tonight? Hes gotta have the lowest dunk to height ratio.

ZStomp
10-28-2005, 12:29 AM
He still gets his shit swatted away too much. :(

I was still a little disappointed on some stuff but hey...it's early, right?

Leetonidas
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
Did Rasho Dunk tonight? Hes gotta have the lowest dunk to height ratio.

No, but he dunked on by C-Webb. :pctoss

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:33 AM
No, but he dunked on by C-Webb. :pctoss
lol, down goes the ratio

milkyway21
10-28-2005, 12:35 AM
I expected this since it's still Ramadan...

after that we'll see

dbreiden83080
10-28-2005, 12:42 AM
Rasho does this he goes through spells where he is playing like a solid center and you think he will be your guy for the season at that spot. Rasho just has never shown the consistancy and i feel the desire to be a good player in the NBA, night in and night out. I think ultimately Nazr will get the starting job back from him, in a dream world Oberto outplays the both of them and is the starter but i doubt it. Oberto is probably a 15-20 minute bench guy all year for us.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Rasho does this he goes through spells where he is playing like a solid center and you think he will be your guy for the season at that spot. Rasho just has never shown the consistancy and i feel the desire to be a good player in the NBA, night in and night out. I think ultimately Nazr will get the starting job back from him, in a dream world Oberto outplays the both of them and is the starter but i doubt it. Oberto is probably a 15-20 minute bench guy all year for us.
No shit Nazr will get the job back, its his. Rasho is taking his place for some reason, I forget what.

Sense
10-28-2005, 12:46 AM
If rasho does nothing to improve the team, I'm thinkin they'll trade him.....

nevermind...

I'm HOPING they'll trade him.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:48 AM
Most people agree with you except the women that think 2 things: Hes cute somehow, and that they might actually have a chance with him.

milkyway21
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
No shit Nazr will get the job back, its his. Rasho is taking his place for some reason, I forget what.Pops didn't say Rasho will keep that starting job for long but for the start of the season....take it easy :oops.

as of Oberto, i was right he's good but not ready yet to start....
http://spursinfo.com/photos/spurs/051027/gallery1/051027_06.jpg

slayermin
10-28-2005, 12:50 AM
OK Rasho, time to raise your trade value.

milkyway21
10-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Most people agree with you except the women that think 2 things: Hes cute somehow, and that they might actually have a chance with him.be careful with what you say to women who compliments Rasho bec i sometimes defended him. You think were idiots? . because I'm NOT.

watch out! :nope

TDMVPDPOY
10-28-2005, 12:56 AM
pop is speakin out of sarcasm

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 12:57 AM
seriously? Well I couldn't care less, everyone thinks what I said. The guys a zombie brick with arms and legs. We should just go ahead and sign mr. potato head.

Tek_XX
10-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Stop the hate folks, Rasho's gonna start because he deserves it. And who cares if he doesn't dunk, i just want him to put it in the hole anyway he can.

Sense
10-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Stop the hate folks, Rasho's gonna start because he deserves it. And who cares if he doesn't dunk, i just want him to put it in the hole anyway he can.

Anyway he can?

He can barely do that, don't expect too much from him.

He's a defender in the team, it's not that he doesn't dunk, he doesn't produce...

He just looks like a lazy player when he's on the court.

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 01:06 AM
I take back what I said, I didn't mean it. And its not just that he can't dunk, its alot more than that, a couple have already been brought up. One that sticks out is consistacy like drbeidan said.

milkyway21
10-28-2005, 01:07 AM
seriously? Well I couldn't care less, everyone thinks what I said. The guys a zombie brick with arms and legs. We should just go ahead and sign mr. potato head.
everyone? you need to read some more, idiot.

you don't know me and you don't know anything about me.

so, :stfu

SmotPoker
10-28-2005, 01:09 AM
everyone? you need to read some more, idiot.

you don't know me and you don't know anything about me.

so, :stfu

My bad, I apologize. I was wrong of me to judge everyones character.

T Park
10-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Rasho gets 10 boards he gets ripped.

He doesnt get 10 boards he gets ripped.

I never seen any player get ripped for little things, than the nit picky assholes on this board.

Marcus Bryant
10-28-2005, 01:46 AM
Time for Radoslav to go. He's keeping the Spurs in lux tax territory.

10-tka
10-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Go Rasho Go! Kick some asses!

RashoFan
10-28-2005, 02:04 AM
^
I second that notion!!!Btw love to Bosco pic....I miss watching 3rd Watch and the hot guys on the show....:)

milkyway21
10-28-2005, 03:39 AM
My bad, I apologize. I was wrong of me to judge everyones character.apology accepted.

do say those things to fans insulting Spurs players...

i'm not the enemy :hat

Dalamar_the_Dark
10-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Rasho gets 10 boards he gets ripped.

He doesnt get 10 boards he gets ripped.

I never seen any player get ripped for little things, than the nit picky assholes on this board.

Hear hear I agree. All these assholes ripping Rasho for everything he does and does not do. WTF? Dont call yourself a Spurs fan if you are going to rip a player for the sake of ripping a player. Did Brent Barry play too well for you to just target Rasho? I thought that Barry and Rasho did very well against the Sixers. Watch for the both of them to contribute this season.

As for Oberto, I dont think hes going to give us 15-20 mins a night. Hes defensive rotations are still not good enough. Neither is Nazr's. No way Oberto is going to get 15-20 a night if both Rasho and Nazr are healthy. He will proably get garbage minutes till hes ready to play. Im looking at at most 5-8mins a night.

easjer
10-28-2005, 08:14 AM
Most people agree with you except the women that think 2 things: Hes cute somehow, and that they might actually have a chance with him.

WTF?

No, there are people with common basketball sense who aren't permanently attached to Nazr's balls that think Rasho is a better defender and ball handler and that the primary role of the center in this incarnation of the team is not scoring.

I don't get why *fans* of this team have to *hate* one of the players, who gives a solid (if not stellar) performance. There are certainly worse centers in the league, and we can't afford much better. But for all that, I like Rasho because he doesn't complain about the bad press or the lack of fan support or being benched in favor of another player.

10-tka
10-28-2005, 08:27 AM
^
I second that notion!!!Btw love to Bosco pic....I miss watching 3rd Watch and the hot guys on the show....:)

Yea I'm big fan of that show! Bosco 's my hero, sometimes remindes me of Rasho.

btw; Bosco was shot in 6. season, so I'm waiting him to recover and also to my eMule download remining series. Heh.

angel_luv
10-28-2005, 08:50 AM
:elephant
Wonderful news! I'm delighted! Rasho earned the start and I'm so proud of him! :makeout

batman2883
10-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Rasho didnt earn shit...sorry to say it but everyone knows that Rasho is getting the start thanks to Nazr's wife being ill this preseason....therefore look for him to lose it again by the end of the month

angel_luv
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM
<------------------

boutons
10-28-2005, 08:58 AM
Spurs can't lose.

They have two unathletic, mediocre (aka "with potential") big men fighting to start and for minutes, with Robert, Sean, and Farbricio in the wings, all playing with/behind HoFer, rested, healthy Tim.

Rasho's been hustling more since Nazr arrived, and chose the Spurs vs money, wants to stay, while Nazr's in his last contract year.

None of them has an attitude problem (thanks to Pop).

An embarrassment of riches.

lilmads
10-28-2005, 09:25 AM
Even though Nazr's not in and that's basically the reason Rasho's starting, it's just the way it should be. It's a start for Rasho to start showing what he's capable of. He didn't play too bad last night so hopefully he can play harder and do better and prove lotsa of you wrong:)

nkdlunch
10-28-2005, 10:11 AM
In this board Rasho gets picked on like a nerd in high school. Truth is, he is a decent center that can sink most open shots and gets his share of rbs/blks night in night out.

On the other hand, my only complaint is that I know he can play at a much higher level, but he seems to be scared to try and go to that next level.

To those haters, look at all the other centers in the league, are they way better than Rasho??? NO!

boutons
10-28-2005, 10:17 AM
"he seems to be scared to try and go to that next level."

His battle with Nazr, with Fabricio piling on, I think will he surprise himself and us. All I want is for him to get back to his Spurs 03/04 numbers, something in the 9 PPG and 8 RBs range.

Even if Rasho starts and plays well, I think Pop will be taking minutes from whomever is starting C to give minutes to the numerus backups this year that Rasho didn't face in 03/04.

Spurminator
10-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Every team needs a goat.

ploto
10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
If Rasho were playing poorly this pre-season, I could at least understand some people's reactions, but Rasho has played well. Nazr was not impressive, even before he left the team, and has not caught onto things as quickly as the Spurs had expected.

coopdogg3
10-28-2005, 10:44 AM
I don't like how the hate has got to the point where we have to choose between Nazr and Rash. I like both centers, they're both Spurs, they both were on the team last year that won the title - why does everyone have to choose between the two? If you held a gun to my head, I would go with Nazr, but Rash can be a productive center for us. I think Oberto will see a lot of his minutes at the PF spot. Maybe 10 minutes at PF, maybe another 10 at C.

coopdogg3

Gino2882
10-28-2005, 11:14 AM
I think it is a good thing the Spurs have THREE guys who at least a portion of the people here think could/should start...

Rasho, Oberto, and Nazr are gonna great for this team.

GoSpurs21
10-28-2005, 11:37 AM
No shit Nazr will get the job back, its his. Rasho is taking his place for some reason, I forget what.maybe because Rasho understands his role and fits it nicely while Nazr is already a training camp behind the rest of the team. I understand that family is more important than the job, as it should be, but unfortunetly for Nazr it comes at a bad time. Its just nice that we have several players fighting for the starting position.