PDA

View Full Version : Pass interference finally reviewable

MultiTroll
03-26-2019, 08:05 PM
30 years too late but phaggott ass NFL finally allowing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26367953/pass-interference-now-reviewable-officials

The NFL's Competition also said the Brandin Cooks play toward the end of this year's Super Bowl would have been ruled pass interference, giving the Rams the ball at the 1-yard line down seven to the Patriots with under five minutes to go.

MultiTroll
03-26-2019, 08:15 PM
For one year only, pass interference -- both offensive and defensive -- will be reviewable, the first penalties and judgment calls ever to be added to the list of approved reviews. Moreover, coaches will be able to challenge non-calls for pass interference. The replay booth, in conjunction with the league's officiating office in New York, will initiate those challenges in the final two minutes of each half.

Guess if they find it hampers the ability to throw games they better return to the current bullshit.

Avant
03-26-2019, 08:37 PM
The NFL has never gotten it. Do everything they can to get the game in under 3 hours, to do things that work in the opposite direction is stupid. Make it real simple, once the ball is in the air a defender cannot touch a receiver, if he touches him at all......flag. How hard can that be?

The one they really needs work on is a flag on every single return play. Something must be done about this.

Score...commercial..kickoff, flag...commercial....this sucks.

spurraider21
03-26-2019, 08:46 PM
i bet old faggot said something really stupid

Avant
03-26-2019, 09:27 PM
i bet old faggot said something really stupid

The guy really thinks that is ignoring somebody, hahaha~~~~

And anyone who thinks Dwight Clark was a TE needs to cool calling anyone anything.

SpursforSix
03-27-2019, 01:15 AM
There goes Mike Willams fantasy value.

benefactor
03-27-2019, 07:17 AM
They'll further slow the game down while still finding ways to fuck this up.

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2019, 08:33 AM
30 years too late but phaggott ass NFL finally allowing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26367953/pass-interference-now-reviewable-officials

The NFL's Competition also said the Brandin Cooks play toward the end of this year's Super Bowl would have been ruled pass interference, giving the Rams the ball at the 1-yard line down seven to the Patriots with under five minutes to go.

too bad the rams wouldn't have been in the super bowl if PI was reviewable

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2019, 08:34 AM
They'll further slow the game down while still finding ways to fuck this up.

Could you imagine the seahawks games.

MultiTroll
03-27-2019, 08:42 AM
No it would have been great watching Brees shred the Pattycakes.

Regardless, get the f-ing calls right.

Spurs Homer
03-27-2019, 10:50 AM
good rule!

Outside of two mins - coaches can call for review -
inside of two mins -

automatic reviews -

good deal.

Fabbs
03-27-2019, 11:08 AM
good rule!

Outside of two mins - coaches can call for review -
inside of two mins -

automatic reviews -

good deal.
Ya I mean of all the places to save time, pass interference should not be one of them.
Make the play clock 30 seconds. F's sake that is plenty of time to get a play off.

spurraider21
03-27-2019, 12:37 PM
as long as they dont make stupid calls on hail mary plays i dont mind this one bit

FrostKing
03-27-2019, 12:58 PM
More reviews, more commercials, more brainwashing

https://i.ibb.co/BrJdGh4/hand-rubbing.jpg

spurraider21
03-27-2019, 01:05 PM
it doesnt necessarily mean more reviews. coaches still have the same amount of challenges.

i think they really just need to expedite the review process itself. rather than having the field ref look in the replay booth, they just need to make an executive decision from the regional office or whatever and alert the official of the correction. the person who made the ultimate decision after each game just writes a couple of sentences explaining each call/correction he made.

Millennial_Messiah
03-27-2019, 01:31 PM
Rams score,,

& Tom Shady proceeds to bleed the crap out of the clock all the way down the field and kick the game winning chip shot FG with no time left.

I'd rather Edelman, Belichick and the D be labeled the hero instead of that pretty boy.

Millennial_Messiah
03-27-2019, 01:32 PM
Could you imagine the seahawks games.

in 2012-2016, maybe they're an average team instead of what we saw

but now it wouldn't really matter

Avant
03-27-2019, 03:52 PM
Imagine having a job where millions of people watch you do something (make a call) then .....take a time out.....only to come back and find out you were wrong. I pity refs.

Watch the new rule totally become a huge mistake.

spurraider21
03-27-2019, 04:12 PM
https://external-preview.redd.it/9sDo2XDAU45RSSb9sGJHkiOQUNVJK7o6cWVVY2Q1d34.jpg?au to=webp&262801e2https://external-preview.redd.it/9sDo2XDAU45RSSb9sGJHkiOQUNVJK7o6cWVVY2Q1d34.jpg?au to=webp&262801e2https://i.imgur.com/V1jL2rZ.jpg

spurraider21
03-27-2019, 04:12 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PKrQBEB.jpg

Will Hunting
03-27-2019, 04:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/PKrQBEB.jpg
:lmao

Millennial_Messiah
04-02-2019, 11:56 AM
:lmao

Brady against AJ Bouye and J Ramsey make this a bit hypocritical. Though it didn't lead to a SB, good riddance.

2018-19 title was fully legit, they beat 2 teams that were objectively better than them at the end and the refs called fair games... only slight deviation is that what would the Saints have done against the Pats if the refs didn't fuckup. BUT I think the Saints were very beatable at that point in time especially on a neutral playing field (Eagles would have beaten them in NOLA if not for a fake punt and a fluke drop by Alshon Jeffery at the end).

Avant
04-02-2019, 12:45 PM
Funny how back before replay the teams with the best coaches/players won it all. Today with replay the best coachs/players win it all.

Mitch
04-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Funny how back before replay the teams with the best coaches/players won it all. Today with replay the best coachs/players win it all.

At the end of they day, people need an excuse why their team sucks.

Avant
04-02-2019, 01:07 PM
At the end of they day, people need an excuse why their team sucks.

It's all going to even out over a season. The game was so much better before replay.

Mitch
04-02-2019, 03:22 PM
It's all going to even out over a season. The game was so much better before replay.

Left less room for error I'd imagine, you couldn't just lean on refs to split hairs for you on plays that don't go your way.

Will Hunting
04-02-2019, 04:17 PM
Brady against AJ Bouye and J Ramsey make this a bit hypocritical. Though it didn't lead to a SB, good riddance.

2018-19 title was fully legit, they beat 2 teams that were objectively better than them at the end and the refs called fair games... only slight deviation is that what would the Saints have done against the Pats if the refs didn't fuckup. BUT I think the Saints were very beatable at that point in time especially on a neutral playing field (Eagles would have beaten them in NOLA if not for a fake punt and a fluke drop by Alshon Jeffery at the end).
Yeah I wasn’t talking to you, cry about whatever it is you’re saying here to someone else.

Millennial_Messiah
04-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Left less room for error I'd imagine, you couldn't just lean on refs to split hairs for you on plays that don't go your way.

Now everything will be technical and accurate, but fans will complain because the game is taking too long and they're going to be late for Sunday evening mass.

Can't please 'em all I guess.

Mitch
04-02-2019, 04:57 PM
Now everything will be technical and accurate, but fans will complain because the game is taking too long and they're going to be late for Sunday evening mass.

Can't please 'em all I guess.

Andy, you know I don't read your shit takes right? Go fry some more bacon for that cow of a woman you bed, slave :lol