PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jerry West laughed at the Lakers after trading for Zubac

Clipper Nation
03-29-2019, 02:57 PM

:lmao LAKERS :lmao

Rummpd
03-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Clippers, a well run team, will get a superstar this summer and move into top tier/They will rule LA one day

Laker_1995
03-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Everyone laughed not just them lol

Twisted_Dawg
03-29-2019, 08:11 PM
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

lefty
03-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Jerry Wsst > MJ

phxspurfan
03-29-2019, 10:31 PM
Zubac not really a difference maker, but the Clips do love random non-difference makers (DeAndre Jordan, anyone? JJ Redick? Jamal Crawford? Blake Griffin?). But yes they are better run than the Lakers that's for sure.

Who will really run shit is the Celtics after they get Anthony Davis for a song this summer

Mr. Body
03-30-2019, 09:22 AM
Zubac not really a difference maker, but the Clips do love random non-difference makers (DeAndre Jordan, anyone? JJ Redick? Jamal Crawford? Blake Griffin?). But yes they are better run than the Lakers that's for sure.

Who will really run shit is the Celtics after they get Anthony Davis for a song this summer

The Celtics with Davis will be just like the Pelicans with Davis.

Laker_1995
03-30-2019, 09:59 AM
The Celtics with Davis will be just like the Pelicans with Davis.

if Kyrie dips lowkey I can see that. As of right now HOLIDAY is better than any player Boston has besides kyrie maybe. Shit I’ll take holiday over kyrie maybe lol

TimmyBuckets
03-30-2019, 11:47 AM
Funny thing is that even after a series of shit moves (getting rid of Randle, Zubac, signing an array of retards, not making playoffs, etc) a lot of stars and superstars are still gonna jump at the opportunity to come to Lakers. Small market teams don't have that luxury. Lebron will keep Lakers a great destination. That one pickup pretty much gives them a huge margin for error.

Chucho
03-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Funny thing is that even after a series of shit moves (getting rid of Randle, Zubac, signing an array of retards, not making playoffs, etc) a lot of stars and superstars are still gonna jump at the opportunity to come to Lakers. Small market teams don't have that luxury. Lebron will keep Lakers a great destination. That one pickup pretty much gives them a huge margin for error.

Since the Heattles, name one player who has flocked to either LBJ or LA. More have wanted without than with either avenue. It's been basically a decade since your statement held any kind of truth. It's a myth at this point in time.

Mr. Body
03-30-2019, 01:15 PM
if Kyrie dips lowkey I can see that. As of right now HOLIDAY is better than any player Boston has besides kyrie maybe. Shit I’ll take holiday over kyrie maybe lol

I don't have to lowkey it. Kyrie's gone regardless. Trading for Davis would gut the team. Only difference is he'd be in the East and so have a super-easy route to the playoffs. We'd see if he can actually 'lead' a team into the first, much less second round. Really, he's Dwight Howard to me.

R. DeMurre
03-30-2019, 01:26 PM
This summer is going to be so crucial for the Lakers... if they can't land a significant free agent-- after variously thinking they had the inside tracks on Paul George, Kawhi, and then Anthony Davis-- things start to get very dicey. After next season, top free agents will be looking at joining a 36 year old LeBron.

Chris
03-30-2019, 01:35 PM
This summer is going to be so crucial for the Lakers... if they can't land a significant free agent-- after variously thinking they had the inside tracks on Paul George, Kawhi, and then Anthony Davis-- things start to get very dicey. After next season, top free agents will be looking at joining a 36 year old LeBron.

They're gonna get Kemba Walker probably. I don't see AD or KD coming to LA to team up with toxic Lebron.

Chucho
03-30-2019, 01:47 PM
I don't have to lowkey it. Kyrie's gone regardless. Trading for Davis would gut the team. Only difference is he'd be in the East and so have a super-easy route to the playoffs. We'd see if he can actually 'lead' a team into the first, much less second round. Really, he's Dwight Howard to me.

Except Dwight really did lead a team to the Finals. He was unquestionably the best defensive player on the planet at the time and the best player on his team. Not a fair comparison until you compare them outside their initial places of success.

DAF86
03-30-2019, 01:50 PM
That's what you get for putting Magic in charge. I mean, have Lakers' management never heard a basketball take from him before? How can you listen to Magic and say "yeah, that's the guy I want running my team".

Chucho
03-30-2019, 01:52 PM
They're gonna get Kemba Walker probably. I don't see AD or KD coming to LA to team up with toxic Lebron.

It's a myth. People havent lined up to play with LBJ since the turn of the decade and the same for the Lakers being a "preferred" destination. Nobody of stature wants to play for shit FOs and teammates, see Carmelo Anthony and the NYKs.

The Clips are going to get the free Agent (s) the LOLakers feel entitled to, especially as Doc Rivers is showing some real coaching ability right now and they have the executive that everyone flocks to in Jerry West.

The Clips are offering a superior team with a superior front office and they are offering the lead role. The Lakers are offering a side kick role with a declining and toxic LBJ and a roster that resents him plus an abysmal front office that might be the worst in the league.

But...but 16 titles tho, amirite?

Chris
03-30-2019, 02:16 PM
It's a myth. People havent lined up to play with LBJ since the turn of the decade and the same for the Lakers being a "preferred" destination. Nobody of stature wants to play for shit FOs and teammates, see Carmelo Anthony and the NYKs.

The Clips are going to get the free Agent (s) the LOLakers feel entitled to, especially as Doc Rivers is showing some real coaching ability right now and they have the executive that everyone flocks to in Jerry West.

The Clips are offering a superior team with a superior front office and they are offering the lead role. The Lakers are offering a side kick role with a declining and toxic LBJ and a roster that resents him plus an abysmal front office that might be the worst in the league.

But...but 16 titles tho, amirite?

I agree tbh Kobe and Mitch set the franchise back at least a decade. Just look at the Lakers roster moves post-Kobe:

April 2016 - Lakers announce new head coach Luke Walton who is still contracted with the Warriors

2016 NBA Draft - Draft Brandon Ingram (could have drafted a franchise point guard in Jamal Murray)

February 2017 - They fire Mitch and hire Magic as president. Jim Buss gets Fredo'd.

March 2017 - Lakers hire Rob Pelinka (Kobe's agent :lol) as GM for 5 YEARS

2017 NBA Draft - Lakers strike gold and get the second pick again!!! (They draft L:lolnz:lol Ball) Lakers also "acquire" Kuzma with the 27th pick but trade a franchise guard in D-Russel :lol because TMZ needed some clicks. They also wash their hands of Mozgov who was a terrible pickup and overpriced. Lakers trade their 28th pick (could have gotten a franchise PG in Derrick White)

July 2018 - Lakers sign toxic Lebron to a 4 year albatross deal

R. DeMurre
03-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Yeah, those last two Kobe years were a disaster for the Lakers-- bad contract, bad management, bad coaching, bad player development, bad drafting, bad shot selection... it couldn't get much worse.

DJR210
03-30-2019, 03:52 PM

I don't see LeBron's behavior as toxic.. I see it more as a message to management that he will not sit back and allow them to fill the roster with trash and him sit back and be cool w/ losers for teammates

Chris
03-30-2019, 03:59 PM
I don't see LeBron's behavior as toxic.. I see it more as a message to management that he will not sit back and allow them to fill the roster with trash and him sit back and be cool w/ losers for teammates

He's toxic to an extent that he will not accept responsibility for his failures. If AD or KD come and it doesn't work out, Lebron friendly Media will point the finger at them. The "trash roster" were players that Lebron handpicked because he wanted "playmakers" instead of shooters. Lebron created this environment which is in my opinion - toxic.

DJR210
03-30-2019, 07:26 PM
He's toxic to an extent that he will not accept responsibility for his failures. If AD or KD come and it doesn't work out, Lebron friendly Media will point the finger at them. The "trash roster" were players that Lebron handpicked because he wanted "playmakers" instead of shooters. Lebron created this environment which is in my opinion - toxic.

:lol Do you really think LeBron hand picked Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and Rajon Rondo? Was there an article somewhere I missed?

Clipper Nation
03-30-2019, 08:08 PM
If he cared about not playing with trash anymore, he wouldn't have signed with the Lakers to begin with. He'd be a Sixer right now.

DJR210
03-30-2019, 08:19 PM
If he cared about not playing with trash anymore, he wouldn't have signed with the Lakers to begin with. He'd be a Sixer right now.

I don't think what unfolded is what he thought he was getting himself into.. I'm trying to give LeBron the benefit of the doubt here, but one would have to think he wouldn't throw the last years of his career down the Laker shithole JUST because of Hollywood..

If he cared about not playing with trash anymore, he wouldn't have signed with the Lakers to begin with. He'd be a Spur right now.

Also, FIFY

lefty
03-30-2019, 09:50 PM
:lol Do you really think LeBron hand picked Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and Rajon Rondo? Was there an article somewhere I missed?

Agreed , those sound like Earvin’s picks tbh