PDA

View Full Version : playoffs officially clinched......

Genovaswitness
03-30-2019, 08:20 PM
how do we feel about our chances? I feel if we face anyone other than the warriors we can comfortably win the first round

DJR210
03-30-2019, 08:22 PM
I'm glad they clinched just for the sake of the playoff appearance streak, but don't expect much from them. Playoff ball is a different beast, and we now have two of the biggest disappearing acts in recent history leading the way

sasaint
03-30-2019, 08:28 PM
how do we feel about our chances? I feel if we face anyone other than the warriors we can comfortably win the first round

Without home court advantage? Have you seen us play on the road?

i bit. You're trolling, right?

GreekSpursfan
03-30-2019, 08:32 PM
Losing to Denver might be even worse tbh because expectations. Either way we're going home if we're being honest. 90% of the time you are what your record says.
I expect nothing so i won't be disappointed.

RD2191
03-30-2019, 08:37 PM
Comfortably? :lol

K...
03-30-2019, 08:37 PM
win 2 games, one more than last year. the warriors will gift us game or two i think.

daslicer
03-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Losing to Denver might be even worse tbh because expectations. Either way we're going home if we're being honest. 90% of the time you are what your record says.
I expect nothing so i won't be disappointed.

All I want is a good series win or lose. Last year's Warriors series was boring as fuck and every uneventful. Series between the nuggets could actually be fun to watch.

Budkin
03-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Didn’t think we’d get in a couple months ago. Always fun to see this team make the naysayers look like idiots once again.

slick'81
03-30-2019, 08:43 PM
Just avoid g.st

GreekSpursfan
03-30-2019, 08:46 PM
All I want is a good series win or lose. Last year's Warriors series was boring as fuck and every uneventful. Series between the nuggets could actually be fun to watch.

You're probably right but it's gonna hurt more if we lose to Denver.

TimmyBuckets
03-30-2019, 08:47 PM

No lol.

RD2191
03-30-2019, 08:52 PM
We have a chance against any team that isn't the warriors. Not a good chance but still a chance. Playing the warriors would fucking suck because we already know the outcome tbh

daslicer
03-30-2019, 09:05 PM
You're probably right but it's gonna hurt more if we lose to Denver.

It won't hurt at all if the Spurs lose to the nuggets. Jokic in my eyes is the MVP of the league this season granted he won't win it. Losing to an MVP caliber player like that isn't painful especially when you are not expected to win.

skin27
03-30-2019, 09:07 PM
Denver isn’t easy as you think..lol

alot of people here thinks that if we play Denver we’re guaranteed to beat them..lol

TheGreatYacht
03-30-2019, 09:23 PM
Let me break this down for the idiots here.

Warriors good. Spurs bad. Matchup = bad

Nuggets 31-6 at home, Spurs 14-24 on the road. Matchup = bad

Rockets have Harden and Paul, we have cum socks Forbes and White. Matchup = bad

Only hope the Spurs have of sniffing the second round is if they get matched up with Portland. Point is mute though. PATFO accomplished their off season goal of making the playoffs even if we get trashed. Who cares about setting up the team for the future. Can't let Pop go out like pitiful fool.

GreekSpursfan
03-30-2019, 09:24 PM
It won't hurt at all if the Spurs lose to the nuggets. Jokic in my eyes is the MVP of the league this season granted he won't win it. Losing to an MVP caliber player like that isn't painful especially when you are not expected to win.

He's up there but i still think he has issues defensively even though he has improved from previous years.

paperboy77
03-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Before somebody starts talking shit.... this is just my OPINION.

Damn Warriors are unbeatable. Besides that, I think we can hang with anyone. I think we can beat anyone. If it's SA vs DEN it can go either way. Denver can put the doubters away and crush SA or they can live up to expectations and lose to a Pop led Spurs team. In reality, Denver really doesn't have anyone that is proven so that gives me hope. Round 2, the Rockets. This is an interstate rival and anything can happen. Spurs go down 4-1 or pull it out 4-2 somehow. Somehow is Harden reverting to a regular season MVP and playoff bust. If Spurs pull that out then comes GSW. I feel better about the series then than I would in the first round. Still, most likely it's GS winning it 4-1. Great run and great season for my Spurs. I will say thought that Boobie makes this Warriors team seem like we might have a chance in the 3rd round. Something about you being who you are. Boobie being selfish and wanting to be instrumental to GS winning. Winning the personal challenge vs LA. That and the Spurs would.... should have confidence and believe they belong.... why not at that point? Anyway if anyone beats the Dubs then why wouldn't you think they win it all?

To answer your question? If it's round one vs Dubs... they lose. Otherwise give me the Spurs all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go! Spurs! Go! Don't tell me this is not what all of you envision when the Playoffs start!??

GusT15
03-30-2019, 09:29 PM

Jokic may be the best passing big we've seen since Sabonis,his bbiq is through the roof,he has great post moves,a sweet 3point range,yet he doesn't scare me one bit in the playoffs.It's the Nuggets young back court i'm afraid of.

I dunno what's wrong with many of these Serbian talents,but whether it's food like with Jokic,smoking like it was with Zarko Paspalj (for whoever remembers him as a Spur),or alcohol and smoking as it was reportedly for Teodosic.
You're a millionaire athlete,give a damn about your craft and body ffs.

I expect Jokic to be ran off court in the playoffs and losing to the Nuggets would only hurt if Spurs self destruct and lose in 5 games.
And a series against the Warriors would hurt more either way,just cause of seeing the passive mentality we've displayed against them in 17 and 18,for the third straight year.

SpurPadre
03-30-2019, 09:29 PM

We're by far the worst road playoff team of the likely 16 teams and we won't have HCA at any point. Nothing is a given for us, tbh.

paperboy77
03-30-2019, 09:39 PM
We're by far the worst road playoff team of the likely 16 teams and we won't have HCA at any point. Nothing is a given for us, tbh.

We sure are but you gotta think the PO are a clean start for everyone. This is where Pop matters and where his legendary status is put to the test. I'm certainly not going to go into this "thinking" there is no way around losing.

I believe in Pop because he's done it before. At some point Patty, after all his PO experience, is a trusted PO guy. LA.... IFF he understands he's a rare bulldozer in the NBA. We have some gamers on the team. There's hope this year.

ZeusWillJudge
03-30-2019, 10:07 PM
how do we feel about our chances? I feel if we face anyone other than the warriors we can comfortably win a game in the first round

FIFY.

John B
03-30-2019, 10:14 PM
We choose the lesser evil. Denver is the least playoff experienced. We have BETTER chance against them than Dubs. Nobody’s saying we automatically beat Nuggets, but Spurs chances are better. And you go from there. I think this squad has shown we could beat the best of the best, Dubs, Raps, etc. But it takes consistency and dedication for 48 minutes. With all the injuries, this team has not really played together long enough. Just recently Pop sent Pau packing finally and Poeltl got his role set. Demar has been playing strong in recent games, both taking big shots and finding open guys. Again just consistency and trusting the process and takes time, and as much as they could have, before they face the real test Dubs.

Arcadian
03-30-2019, 10:20 PM
Warriors in 5
Nuggets in 6
Blazers in 7
Rockets in 7

Don't see us winning any possible matchup :/

Edit: Forgot about the Nurkic injury. Since Aldridge usually plays well against his old team, we'd have a chance there. Unlikely to draw them in round 1, however.

sananspursfan21
03-30-2019, 10:27 PM
I mean, there’s always a chance. It’s why the playoffs are played instead of the two 1 seeds going at it from the get go. Sometimes a less talented but cohesive or red hot group catches fire and steals a series or two. Hoping but not expecting. Anything past 5 games in the first round is gravy :toast

sananspursfan21
03-30-2019, 10:28 PM
I’ll say this, all jokes and irrational hyperbole aside, a sweep against ANYONE would be a disappointment

Kobe'sAchilles
03-30-2019, 11:03 PM
Bring on the Warriora bitchs. Gonna shock the world. Golden St is going to get arrogant and gift us a game and then we win a second game legitly. And then Green is going to start shit with Durbeta and we win game 6. And Golden St loses at home with faggot Curry missing the game winner. Pop shimmys in his face afterwards too

NASpurs
03-30-2019, 11:14 PM
We sure are but you gotta think the PO are a clean start for everyone. This is where Pop matters and where his legendary status is put to the test. I'm certainly not going to go into this "thinking" there is no way around losing.

I believe in Pop because he's done it before. At some point Patty, after all his PO experience, is a trusted PO guy. LA.... IFF he understands he's a rare bulldozer in the NBA. We have some gamers on the team. There's hope this year.

:lol can’t tell if serious

timtonymanu
03-30-2019, 11:17 PM
Warriors in 5
Nuggets in 6
Blazers in 7
Rockets in 7

Don't see us winning any possible matchup :/

Edit: Forgot about the Nurkic injury. Since Aldridge usually plays well against his old team, we'd have a chance there. Unlikely to draw them in round 1, however.

Warriors in 4, Nuggets in 7, Blazers in 7, Rockets in 5

phxspurfan
03-30-2019, 11:53 PM
This is such an unpredictable team I could see us at 30% odds to make it out of the first round (against Denver) and 70% to get swept

Loquacist
03-30-2019, 11:58 PM
If 7# seed Spurs could beat 2# seed Mavs in 2010, I like our chances, especially vs. Nuggets.

paperboy77
03-31-2019, 12:14 AM
:lol can’t tell if serious

About as serious as one can be when your thinking about something. None of us can predict the future.

Re-reading it though.... yeah The Patty thing is kinda out there. ��

spurs10
03-31-2019, 02:18 AM
:lobt2:

Now in reality this isn't college basketball where any given team can upset someone on any given night. Usually the top teams come out on top, as they have all year. Is it possible someone can knock out GSW in the west? Yeah it is. Hopefully someone other than you know who's team in the east goes to the Finals. Making it to the playoffs for the 22nd year is unreal. Congrats to the Spurs!
:flag:

RC_Drunkford
03-31-2019, 09:29 AM
I'd like to play Denver. Series would probably go 6-7 games and be really competitive. Close playoff games would also give our young guys valuable experience and we can see if DeRozan keeps on choking or actually rises to the occassion. The key for the Spurs in the playoffs will be winning a game on the road. If they can do that in the first 2 games then I like our chances