PDA

View Full Version : Hey Pheonix- Fans.

Streakyshooter08
10-28-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi, I just wanted to know if you think that James Jones will start for your team? He seems to have a decent Pre-season. Is Marion starting at the four again? I can't see any games over here, that is why I am asking...

JMarkJohns
10-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Yes, he will start at SF, will get around 30 minutes, will score around 15-17 points, grab around 5/6 rebounds and make 3+ threes a game.

If he's on the market, I'd pick him up.

IMO, he could finish with over 300 threes.

The Suns lineup is this...

PG: Nash, Barbosa, House
SG: Bell, Jackson
SF: Jones... Marion, Diaw
PF: Marion, Diaw
C: Thomas, Grant, Burke

Streakyshooter08
10-28-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, thanks. I doubt he will be THAT good. But he might be a good pickup though...

JMarkJohns
10-28-2005, 04:25 PM
Why would you ask a Pheonix fan, then not heed the reply given?

Suns: Jones excelling in starting role
by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, October 28, 2005

News
The void left by forward Amare Stoudemire is obviously significant, but James Jones has been a pleasant surprise this preseason. Jones has started all eight games and his 16.6 scoring average is good enough for second on the team and 16th in the league.

Views
Hitting 26 triples in eight games also hasn't hurt his potential in 8-cat leagues. If you are looking for a sleeper to select late in your drafts, or a player to grab off your league's wire who could contribute in a starting role, Jones is worthy of your consideration.

All this kid needs is minutes. he averaged .45 points per minute played last season. With a starter's role he'll easily net 30 minutes. At last year's minimal role rate (.45), thats 13.5 points per game. He's going to be, at the very least, the third option in the Suns offense and could be the second option.

With Nash alongside and his preseason numbers being an indicator of what he can do, how is it unreasonable to expect 15-17 points, 5/6 rebounds and 3 made threes a game?

NuGGeTs-FaN
10-29-2005, 03:16 AM
James Jones is going to be HUGE........i got him both leagues :hat